• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

MrDaravon

I got Rapha's Cypress Pole from my 100-gem pull! Still kinda salty I have nothing for Cid but I'll certainly take this for a consolation prize.

Don't see how I'm gonna beat this dude. Way too much damage. Any vulnerabilities? Any page with stats? Probably gonna have to turtle with Sabin DEF up. No BSB heal hurts.

Balphon

Ahh cool, so maybe defend after the second dispel or something? Is the dispel status or magic blinkable?

I'm not positive but I doubt it. Some sort of instacast heal for the big hits after his dispels are probably what you want.

His whole AI is pretty heavily scripted so there isn't much randomness in the fight.

Sabin is on my team for Seph. Def 100 is huge. Think I take out Arc now for Snow last stand. You definitely need insta something after magic barrage. If I had Rosa USB, I'd stand a good chance. Got Seph down to 50 but Irvine was about to run out of breaks. Doesnt help I have 1 VII armor. Are any armors on the VII banner or just weapons?

Xetherion

Phase 3 pulls were terrible. 1/11, 1/11, 2/11 with 1 dupe. Haven't had so many bad pulls in a row in a long time, sucks. Oh well, at least we're not in the 0/11 darkest era anymore.

Anyone else not really doing Orbfest? I've done each of them once to collect the prizes but I'm getting so burnt out by FFRK I just can't.

The events and challenges are much more fun IMO. I've been doing those and they've proven to be good fun.

WarAdept

Anyone else not really doing Orbfest? I've done each of them once to collect the prizes but I'm getting so burnt out by FFRK I just can't.

The events and challenges are much more fun IMO. I've been doing those and they've proven to be good fun.

Ignoring Orbfest is sacrilege.

I will have every upcoming ability at R3.

My Strago's BSB pierce does 8,300 per hit x2 on Seph with VoF. Using off banner X Staff.

Don't think I can beat him. Last ditch effort is to put in Garnet for Irvine and have OK break which will kill his burst. Buffing myself is better than debuffing it seems though, since it's all resisted.

Last ditch after that is to take out OK and put in another blinker, back to Arc or Aeris. Currently have Rosa with SSB in.

Finally I'm done with this shit

ZUfW2W0l.png

QUeSmJXl.png

Copied this tactic with more or less the same loadout. Let the fucker kill himself with radiant shield.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5jvssq/zenith_of_crisis_boss_guide/dbxu6og/

RW: Eiko Ultra as a panic button if I didn't land Yuna's Song of Spira in time.

Finally beat Sephiroth, shit was hard. Had to run 2 healers.

D1W9EV2_d.jpg

The key was failing so many times i had the routine down to a science, i knew exactly when he would dispel so I could queue up wall, buffs, and heals.

Got very lucky at the 50% 3-attack part as his 2nd attack exhausted my last stand and Asylum kicked in right before the 3rd one.

I saved my RW until after this phase so i had 2 casts left, which meant I could get a Shout+HT OSB for 99999 for both of the final 2 phases and finish him off quickly. Total time was 1:02

RW was Eiko USB. Everyone but Ramza was spamming burst/burst commands (didn't use wall). Eiko's USB was a real life saver, buying me those extra seconds to get a burst or heal off. Did not expect a third Dispel near the end, but did manage to recover in time and got the kill. Got champ with 3 missing stars. Phew.

Balphon

CSBs are generally good but dependent on your being able to build a team of that element to get the most out of them.

Shantotto's has that group short charge 2 which is really helpful. She is also a strong mage to begin with even if her 4* monk access is a little silly.

CSBs are generally good but dependent on your being able to build a team of that element to get the most out of them.

Shantotto's has that group short charge 2 which is really helpful. She is also a strong mage to begin with even if her 4* monk access is a little silly.

Thankfully I have Lightning's thunder BSB and Garnet's thunder summoning bsb AND Orlandeau's (sp?) thunder OSB!

ZangBa

Sephiroth was challenging but I had a lot of fun with him compared to some more annoying bosses. I'll take brutal over annoying any day.

Ended up with a time of 44:29. How's everyone else doing?

I definitely recommend 2 healers, probably a requirement to be honest. I'm fortunate enough to have native Last Stand with Relm's BSB. I used her and Y'shtola together, with Eiko's USB as a RW. I also have native Radiant Shield with Alphinaud(sp?) SSB, so I used that and ignored wall. Damage reflection was basically all the DPS. I had Ramza with Shout that was probably unnesessary and he died somewhere in the middle of the fight, and Vaan with his BSB doing the other half of the mitigation which barely felt effective but probably was.

Without Wall, it was basically constant near death experiences for the whole party after the first dispel, I don't know how I managed.

WarAdept

I give up with FF IX being really good in this game. .__.
Will still pull on it because it's FF IX.

?

Every character in IX apart from Amarant has not only good skillsets, but strong SBs all round.

What in particular is bad about IX to you?

Tidd

?

Every character in IX apart from Amarant has not only good skillsets, but strong SBs all round.

What in particular is bad about IX to you?

Japan will get a new FF IX event: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6k5zp4/jp_ffix_garnetdagger_event/
I'm talking especially about Garnet. They don't really know what to do with her. Healer? Buffer? Summoner? Let's do everything! If you just use her USB as a pure summoner she can't really do anything to utilize it. Give us at least a pure 3-hit lightning summon or give her an Ether attack so she can use Valigarmanda. Sure it may work with her BSB2 but it's really hard to get SB gauge with her. And instead of quick cast for her trance mode I would like to see dual summon.
Steiner's new USB is strange. Because it seems like YOU have to attack him to gain the En-Element effect. I understand that it's a reference to the game and probably works with his BSB2 but it feels like a wasted turn for your mage. Then we have his BSB2. It's the same cmds we had at the beginning of the game except it offers you tri-element. Nothing more. Oh and if we talk about Steiner let's not forget his BSB1 and LMR. His BSB1 commands are combat type, while the LMR only works for spellblade attacks.
The only thing that's really nice is Vivi's USB because it seems like you can triple cast with a 50% probability if he's in Trance. Oh and I guess Marcus BSB is also great. Like Vaan's but without the instant cast.

Yes they may not be bad but I want overpowered shit like FFT gets for my favorite FF. :(

WarAdept

Japan will get a new FF IX event: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6k5zp4/jp_ffix_garnetdagger_event/
I'm talking especially about Garnet. They don't really know what to do with her. Healer? Buffer? Summoner? Let's do everything! If you just use her USB as a pure summoner she can't really do anything to utilize it. Give us at least a pure 3-hit lightning summon or give her an Ether attack so she can use Valigarmanda. Sure it may work with her BSB2 but it's really hard to get SB gauge with her. And instead of quick cast for her trance mode I would like to see dual summon.
Steiner's new USB is strange. Because it seems like YOU have to attack him to gain the En-Element effect. I understand that it's a reference to the game and probably works with his BSB2 but it feels like a wasted turn for your mage. Then we have his BSB2. It's the same cmds we had at the beginning of the game except it offers you tri-element. Nothing more. Oh and if we talk about Steiner let's not forget his BSB1 and LMR. His BSB1 commands are combat type, while the LMR only works for spellblade attacks.
The only thing that's really nice is Vivi's USB because it seems like you can triple cast with a 50% probability if he's in Trance. Oh and I guess Marcus BSB is also great. Like Vaan's but without the instant cast.

Yes they may not be bad but I want overpowered shit like FFT gets for my favorite FF. :(

I had a look at the Garnet/Marcus event and they all look like fairly strong relics to me.

Garnet
She's an offensive summoner with auxiliary healing. Got Bard 5* and Light Armour with this current JP event. Monstrous buff options:

Mag from SB (and Bard).
Mag/Atk from BSB2.
Mag/Mind from USB.
Mag/Def from SSB.

Plus access to ProShellga and Angelsong/Allegro Con Moto.

Her BSB2 is strong and double Ixion would work just fine with her USB.

Yeah her Trance doesn't offer doublecast Summon, but quickcast is still good and her Trance Mag/Mind buff stacks with other Mag/Mind buffs.

Steiner
His USB gains the option of triple EnElement, which synergises super well with his OSB. Plus +100% Res. I'd say that's a pretty good thing to have multiple opportunities to bring Steiner, regardless of the fight.

And his BSB2 also gives Sentinel while doing Tri Element damage.

We'll see soon if the commands for it are spellblade.

Vivi
Vivi won big here. When Tranced, he has the potential to quadcast EnFired Meltdowns. And since crystals are now farmable in JP...

Marcus
Like you said, it's a more damage orientated copy of Vaan's BSB (and it's entry is AoE).

Sure there are some really messed up OP relics like Cloud's USB and FFT does get a lot of strong relics. But to me, so does IX.

It could be so so much worse. IX could be II.

Tidd

I had a look at the Garnet/Marcus event and they all look like fairly strong relics to me.

It could be so so much worse. IX could be II.

Yeah, it could be worse.
Seems like Vivi's USB will be even better than I thought. Chain Firaga will get buffed to 4-hits!!!! Same goes for Meltdown and the 5* ST Spellblade abilities. (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...jp_ability_balancing_teaser_1_meltdown_chain/)
Just imagine you get the triple cast, that would be 12 hits. I doubt that you will reach 9999/hit with it but if you do it would be 120k damage with one attack. lol

WarAdept

Yeah, it could be worse.
Seems like Vivi's USB will be even better than I thought. Chain Firaga will get buffed to 4-hits!!!! Same goes for Meltdown and the 5* ST Spellblade abilities. (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...jp_ability_balancing_teaser_1_meltdown_chain/)
Just imagine you get the triple cast that would be 12 hits. I doubt that you will reach 9999 per hit with it but if you do it would be 120k damage with one attack. lol

*Quadriple cast. USB + Trance + Dualcast Black RM + ability use.

With EnFire from USB, LMR and Mag buff stacks, I can see him capping 4 hit Meltdown easily. It'd be hilarious seeing a ball of magical death explode on the enemy 4 times in succession.

friz898

Busy last few days.

Behind a bit but will do my banner 3 pull and Sephiroth pulls here in a little while.

So this is the first of those times fights? Sounds fun.

Oh and I haven't tried the new torment yet. I was hoping they would open them all. I need to CM some of them.

I did it. I beat 250 Dipshit Dragon Torment. Mastery even.

Floating a bit before casting my first RW wall was big. Rosa SSB for the win. Well, she was there before. The real winner is...

Strago.

Put him in for Aeris. His Burst goes through reflect on entry and CMD2, piercing.

Cloud 99, LS10, Retal10, OSB, TS rm
Irvine 99, MB10, FB6, Hyper Penta whatever, Knight's charge I think.
OK 99, prot8, shell8, BSB, Mako
Rosa 99, curaga12, wrath8, SSB mblink, ace striker
Strago 99, curaja12, reflect6, BSB CMD2 piercing wind, devotion rm

Was hitting for 19k combined with Strago on CMD. About 10-11k on entry.

Fight was still tough as heck. Not a single III synergy weapon in the fight.

My 8 star Braska Staff was on Strago. Awesome piece of fictional wood.

OK BSB, retaliate and maybe a round of Strago through trash casting protect of course when needed. Strago and Rosa heal as needed with a Rosa blink for Tiamat already stocked up.

Key to Tiamat was casting wall around start of phase 2, 70 or so percent. And second cast around 30 percent around reflect stage.

300 wont be attempted til I have a wall and III synergy weapons...so like, months from now.

ccbfan

Spent 100 myths on Banner 3

First roll was my 4th 1/11 in a roll but got CID OSB so not too bad.

Next roll went 6/11, my personal best.

Got

CID OSB
Shannotto CSSB
Raijin BSSB
Ashe BSSB
CID BSSB
Raijin SSB

Getting a 6/11 is amazing. Getting these relic are OK since not many dupes but only 1 good relic in Shannotto CSSB. 3 BSSB I got are the three I wanted least.

Completed Sephiroth but I'm having a hard time getting mastery. I initially ran with two healers, but missed mastery because he did his super attack more than 10 times. Switched to one healer and now I'm having trouble beating the fight at all because my pacing is all off; the dispels come too fast and I can't get SG back up afterwards. I guess I'll try switching back to two healers.

friz898

Guys! Guys!

I normally don't get to post this kind of stuff.

I got Mastery on Sephiroth on my very first try. Not even a S/L.

It probably helped that I read all the posts here before attempting this morning. I kept hearing about high dmg output and you guys always here me overhyping Deployment Tactics. So I beat him the same way I beat Nemesis.

Also, I was going to take Wall, but again heard about dispel and some of you not taking it, so for first attempt I took Yuna's USB and I used it twice at key times. I wouldn't have done it without those resurrections plus last stand.

I snapshotted and can upload to imgur in a second, my time was 55:something, I'd have to look at the snapshot. I'm so happy about it that I started typing this at my comp while the mastery screen was still up!

I didn't think I would get the Octoclash medals because he used it a lot and usually radiant shield is a turtle strategy.

I lost 1 medal for actions taken and two medals for damage taken.

Here's my full team:

Firion - PowerBreakdown // LifeSiphon - Magic Blink BSB
Relm - Arise (used twice) // Ultra Cure - Last Stand BSB
Wakka - Full Break // Magic Breakdown - Debuff/Breaks BSB
Eiko - Protectga // Curaise - Healing BSB
Alphinaud - Shellga // Curaja - Deployment Tactics

RW: Yuna USB

Mako Might and Mogs Teachings went to Relm and Alphi. Wakka had TGC RM, Firion had Feral Might, Eiko had Into The Fray (Prot/Shell/Haste) RM.

Alphi died 3 times, Wakka and Relm both died once. The first time anybody died was at 45% but then I cast Yuna USB for first time. Until that fixed everything I assumed it was going to be one of those fights that I take guy down to 10-20% but 10 tries later still haven't won, but nope, some well-timed (lucky) raises and heals.

I'm so happy about that. I usually can do all the content you guys can do, but not usually something like this on first try (or ten tries).

3 star on banner 3 100gem pull.

Edit: Receipts

8r1USgNl.png

wc94Vdll.png

jwmZiIbl.png

LVShFRIl.png

Completed Sephiroth but I'm having a hard time getting mastery. I initially ran with two healers, but missed mastery because he did his super attack more than 10 times. Switched to one healer and now I'm having trouble beating the fight at all because my pacing is all off; the dispels come too fast and I can't get SG back up afterwards. I guess I'll try switching back to two healers.

If he used it more than 10 times you're going too slow. I had over 2 SB bars when i got him below 50%, so i was able to do BSB (for stat boost) followed by 2 back to back OSBs to just outright end it. I think he only used that attack 2 or 3 times. Not sure who your dps is but if they have OSBs you could try that

Rubenov

My fastest time so far on Sephiroth (43:54). I think I can get it under 40 secs with a few tweaks.

fdy88Mbl.png

H0mFgH5l.png

RW was Eiko USB. Blessings to all my "friends" with Eiko as their RW.

friz898

As you may have read, I debuffed the crap out of him.

He had:

Vaan BSB Mag/Def
Wakka BSB All stats break.

on top of their break burst commands.

as well as Full break, Power Breakdown, and Magic Breakdown

and refreshed Protectga and Shellga as I could, and Blink helped "some".

This is reference to dispel/wall troubles.

If he used it more than 10 times you're going too slow. I had over 2 SB bars when i got him below 50%, so i was able to do BSB (for stat boost) followed by 2 back to back OSBs to just outright end it. I think he only used that attack 2 or 3 times. Not sure who your dps is but if they have OSBs you could try that

Yeah, DPS was definitely too slow with a dedicated DPS/two healer/dedicated debuffer/Tyro party comp.

I've tried a couple of different combinations but I think next I'm going to go with Lightning and T.G. Cid since I have Light's lightning imperil BSB and OSBs for both.

I've been using Irvine as debuffer but I'm not sure it's worth taking up a slot for a dedicated debuffer. Maybe I'll try replacing him with Vaan.

Also debating dropping Tyro, not bothering with SG and going with a "overdose on Last Stand" strat.

Keym

So RWing a Wall against Sephiroth is essentially useless? I have Stoneskin but not Asylum, and I feel like if I pick Asylum as my RW, it wouldn't be enough to finish the fight...

friz898

So RWing a Wall against Sephiroth is essentially useless? I have Stoneskin but not Asylum, and I feel like if I pick Asylum as my RW, it wouldn't be enough to finish the fight...

I think it would be after seeing the dispels (pretty often, don't know the script though) and someone else complaining about getting it back up in time. I didn't try, but he dispelled me I think 3 or 4 times. Since I don't have native wall, there was no point to RW for 2 uses that would be, as you said, useless.

I imagine if you can memorize his script you would know exactly when to use it between dispels.

Edit: Unless you want to try cpp's method of using OSBs, and thus maybe RW an OSB, I would think that Yuna USB, Eiko USB, and anything instant or last stand or healing would be best. Perhaps even Edge's last stand since has blink and Sephiroth attacks a ton. You could also try RWing Deployment tactics since that takes him down fast plus gives you OK-610 buff to Atk/Mag

friz898

My fastest time so far on Sephiroth (43:54). I think I can get it under 40 secs with a few tweaks.

I'm sure the answer is yes, but does battle speed affect the clock?

I have gotten in the habit of doing the hardest fights at speed 3 ever since I found out from you folks its the smart thing to do.

Rubenov

I'm sure the answer is yes, but does battle speed affect the clock?

I have gotten in the habit of doing the hardest fights at speed 3 ever since I found out from you folks its the smart thing to do.

Battle speed should have no effect. I was referring to tweaks to my team/abilities/timing of things...

I play hard shit at Speed 1. Ensures no slippage of time and minimizes 'waiting' time on party members' actions.

friz898

Battle speed should have no effect. I was referring to tweaks to my team/abilities/timing of things...

I played hard shit at Speed 1. Ensures no slippage of time and minimizes 'waiting' time on party members' actions.

Ya I should probably do 1 or 2 also, but I'm already the most impatient person in real life as is, haha.

Edit: d200 torment done. Great wind team with Zidane/Fang/Alphi wind BSB and imperils.

If I take mind breakdown for d250 and d300, will this be useful with his curaja at the end?

Keym

I think it would be after seeing the dispels (pretty often, don't know the script though) and someone else complaining about getting it back up in time. I didn't try, but he dispelled me I think 3 or 4 times. Since I don't have native wall, there was no point to RW for 2 uses that would be, as you said, useless.

I imagine if you can memorize his script you would know exactly when to use it between dispels.

Edit: Unless you want to try cpp's method of using OSBs, and thus maybe RW an OSB, I would think that Yuna USB, Eiko USB, and anything instant or last stand or healing would be best. Perhaps even Edge's last stand since has blink and Sephiroth attacks a ton. You could also try RWing Deployment tactics since that takes him down fast plus gives you OK-610 buff to Atk/Mag
Okay, I'll try tweaking a few things and give it another try. Does he hit you only once with Dispel > 3 AoEs during the fight? Because if that's the case, I might have a chance.

ultra7k

Ya I should probably do 1 or 2 also, but I'm already the most impatient person in real life as is, haha.

Edit: d200 torment done. Great wind team with Zidane/Fang/Alphi wind BSB and imperils.

If I take mind breakdown for d250 and d300, will this be useful with his curaja at the end?

d250 you can still just reflect his curajas, but d300 you need mind breakdown as he is resistant to reflect.

friz898

Got the d250 torment on my second try.

First try I played slopping thinking I would steam roll it, and didn't get the most out of my soul breaks and correctly time refreshing buffs/debuffs.

Thanks Ultra for the tip, I guess I will use my same team, but work in mind breakdown and drop having both Meteor and Ruinga for the trash.

Edit OOOOHHH! this 300 is a jumpstart (duh) and only 1 round (yay!)

Keym

Don't bother with mind breakdown, his curaja goes from almost 9.5k to slightly below 9k. You'll have to nuke him.

Shattered both copies of Sky High. I really hope they make these job-specific 6* abilities craftable in the future or else I'm really fucked, lol.

friz898

Don't bother with mind breakdown, his curaja goes from almost 9.5k to slightly below 9k. You'll have to nuke him.

When I just fought him, his curaja was 7960, nearly the same as d250 without a mind breakdown.

I'm not sure how exactly works to be different for us, but I was using Wakka.

edit: so my first try at d300 got him to 40% but I ran out of soul breaks and abilities. I need to change my strategy all around.

I may use wind for a medal but ultimately depend on radiant shield and a bunch of healers.

When I just fought him, his curaja was 7960, nearly the same as d250 without a mind breakdown.

I'm not sure how exactly works to be different for us, but I was using Wakka.

edit: so my first try at d300 got him to 40% but I ran out of soul breaks and abilities. I need to change my strategy all around.

I may use wind for a medal but ultimately depend on radiant shield and a bunch of healers.

Wondering what it would be like with Mind Breakdown + Pentabreak.

Top Bottom