• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Keym

When I just fought him, his curaja was 7960, nearly the same as d250 without a mind breakdown.

I'm not sure how exactly works to be different for us, but I was using Wakka.

edit: so my first try at d300 got him to 40% but I ran out of soul breaks and abilities. I need to change my strategy all around.

I may use wind for a medal but ultimately depend on radiant shield and a bunch of healers.
Maybe I got it wrong and it was something like 9k > slightly below 8k with a break, but either way, I'm pretty positive he healed for that much at the beginning. Maybe you have Wakka's Pentabreak?

friz898

Maybe I got it wrong and it was something like 9k > slightly below 8k with a break, but either way, I'm pretty positive he healed for that much at the beginning. Maybe you have Wakka's Pentabreak?

I don't have it loaded up at the moment, but Pentabreak includes mind right? I don't think Wakka's BSB does mind, just a full break.

friz898

Who here already beat the d300?

I'm just not doing enough dps.

I may have to work on it later, but it appears I'm going to have to stack multiple debuffs and buffs and still try to work in a Wind BSB because this dude lives forever.

but why tho

Because that shit is stupid as hell. Who's running around with multiple dragoons in their party, all up in the air at the same time? Even when I do have one dragoon in my party (which is not even that often), it's usually Kain or Luneth and they're only there for BSB and OSB elemental damage.

Would much rather hone the more useful 6* abilities.

Jarekx

No matter what combo of debuffs I bring to Sephy I can't for the life of me survive the first phase without wall or last stand.

Balphon

Okay, I'll try tweaking a few things and give it another try. Does he hit you only once with Dispel > 3 AoEs during the fight? Because if that's the case, I might have a chance.

All the dispels are followed by AoE attacks, but the other two are piercing and gravity-based so defense buffs wouldn't help with them anyway.

but why tho

Aerial Dive will be a more cost-efficient source of basically the same thing before too long.

Xetherion

Because that shit is stupid as hell. Who's running around with multiple dragoons in their party, all up in the air at the same time? Even when I do have one dragoon in my party (which is not even that often), it's usually Kain or Luneth and they're only there for BSB and OSB elemental damage.

Would much rather hone the more useful 6* abilities.

The multiple dragoons boost isn't necessary for that ability to be good. Luneth with enWind does SSB-level damage with it.

The multiple dragoons boost isn't necessary for that ability to be good. Luneth with enWind does SSB-level damage with it.

I guess, but I always have Luneth using BSB because free hones, and because command 2 gives an ATK boost. Snowspell Strike, Meltdown, Affliction Break, Mug Bloodlust, I'm bringing those with me whenever possible because they're irreplacable but Sky High just seems like a sidegrade, or perhaps marginally better than whatever else I'm using, so it doesn't seem worth it compared to an additional hone of a different ability.

Xetherion

I guess, but I always have Luneth using BSB because free hones, and because command 2 gives an ATK boost. Snowspell Strike, Meltdown, Affliction Break, Mug Bloodlust, I'm bringing those with me whenever possible because they're irreplacable but Sky High just seems like a sidegrade, or perhaps marginally better than whatever else I'm using, so it doesn't seem worth it compared to an additional hone of a different ability.

Snowspell Strike is worth less than Sky High. I can get 20k damage easy from tons of other sources. 40k damage on the other hand...

I've already got Meltdown and Aff. Break at r2 without shattering Sky High. I could also have Mug Bloodlust at r2 but i haven't decided whether to hone it or create Omega Drive.

Shattering an ability that comes from extremely rare job motes for crystals, which aren't that rare and are going to be farmable in a few months, makes no sense to me.

But to each their own.

friz898

So nobody that regularly posts here or has read the thread in the last few hours has beat d300 yet?

I think I can do it, but I just don't know how yet.

Normal Wind Strategy, I ran out of abilities/hones.
Radiant Shield Strategy was just too slow.

Next is Buff/Debuff strategy.

Edit: I have about 30 bucks in gems (Wife gift two diff times, it's my birthday month) and about 50 mythril.

For relic banners, agree or disagree:

1. 7/12 on phase 4. Don't pull even though it's amazing.
2. Phase 5 - Maybe pull or even pull twice at chance for SG-wall.
3. Save for extra pulls on Cloud's USB.
4. Some smart combination of the above. (I will do 100gem pulls regardless)

Balphon

Sky High really is just a worse version of Aerial Drive, so it's living on borrowed time.

Though it has its uses now even at R1.

Xetherion

So nobody that regularly posts here or has read the thread in the last few hours has beat d300 yet?

Been busy this week, no time to do anything other than farm orbfest. Will get caught up on events this weekend.

friz898

I haven't even done the very first stage of the Sabin event, let alone the new Torment, Raids or Mired in Crisis.

Dark Orbs too precious.

I hit the orbfest when I can.

I can always use everything of course, but for the current set, once I get 6 more White's and can take Ultra Cure to rank 4, that'll be my main goal.

Now when we get to Black orbs, I have a goal of about 200 for the chainga spells.

friz898

I scrolled back to page 75.

I think I counted MCA, Tidd, and Rub as having beaten 300.

I guess I will either try to make a magic-buffed wind team or try to do some combination of what Rub had, since I love the radiant shield method.

Rub, I guess I could take Radiant Shield and then RW radiant shield for 5 uses. When did you actually keep it up? When I tried, the first of 3 uses was already expired before Bahamut was at 75%. I had taken almost all healers though. I could take more dps and less healing.

FINALLY got mastery on Seph. This fight really kicked my butt. I tried all kinds of party comps and strategies. I just couldn't seem to get the timing of cures, buffs, and Last Stand exactly right.

I went back to a two-healer party, with Relm and Eiko. Switched out Setzer/Irvine for Vaan, not as ideal for debuffing but still pretty good, and he brings much more damage. Celes was main DPS. RW was Song for Spira. My time was 00:54.25.

BBGMQG6.png

I think I'm going to do a couple of pulls on FF12 just to reward Vaan for a job well done. :)

Keym

Do you have any imperils that you can pair up with elemental BSB's? It's the best way to deal damage in the long run, Bahamut is a damn sturdy HP sponge. What did the trick for me was to use a slot for Cloud with his OSB and save all 3 bars for the last phase.

No matter what combo of debuffs I bring to Sephy I can't for the life of me survive the first phase without wall or last stand.

If you have native Wall and any kind of instant heal, you can combine both with Eiko's USB as an RW to survive throughout the whole fight. In my case, I used Yshtola as a Stoneskin dispenser and tried to time it to go off after each dispel, while Vanille got me out of most dangerous situations. Just make sure to save one RW use for the second dispel that will most likely mess you up with Sephy's triple magic. And don't forget to Proshellga after every dispel!

friz898

Do you have any imperils that you can pair up with elemental BSB's? It's the best way to deal damage in the long run, Bahamut is a damn sturdy HP sponge. What did the trick for me was to use a slot for Cloud with his OSB and save all 3 bars for the last phase.

I do actually and steamrolled d200, and got d250 on second try. But It seems like I won't kill Bahamut fast enough if I take up to slots with imperil characters.

I have Zidane imperil, and Fang imperil. Both are bsbs.

I also have Alphi's wind bsb.

I guess I could try that, and take a RW Wind OSB.

I tried that on my first try, or something close to it, and I got him to 40% pretty fast but was out of hones and soulbreaks at Curaja phase.

I just tried for the first time. I didn't realize he would start 1-shotting people with Flare after 50%, but Zidane alone did 99k with his OSB and I got him down to 20% with just Zidane, since Luneth had died. Probably just need to try again and make sure neither Luneth nor Zidane dies, and should be fine. I do have Cloud's OSB, but I was relying on Luneth BSB to deal some good damage to get into the last phase. Another alternative is to swap Luneth for Cid (VII), as I have both his BSB and SSB, and the SSB does 11 hits against weakness.

Rubenov

Rub, I guess I could take Radiant Shield and then RW radiant shield for 5 uses. When did you actually keep it up? When I tried, the first of 3 uses was already expired before Bahamut was at 75%. I had taken almost all healers though. I could take more dps and less healing.

Yeah I'd cut down on the healers and carry mode DPS. 3 Radiant Shield uses should last you the whole fight... otherwise you're not doing enough DPS.

As a RW I'd rather have Alphinaud's BSB for a mage to use to DPS during the last phase, or Eiko's USB if I'm lacking Last Stand / Hastega.

friz898

Yeah I'd cut down on the healers and carry mode DPS. 3 Radiant Shield uses should last you the whole fight... otherwise you're not doing enough DPS.

As a RW I'd rather have Alphinaud's BSB for a mage to use to DPS during the last phase, or Eiko's USB if I'm lacking Last Stand / Hastega.

I have a team I built an hour ago for my next attempt. It's going the Wind Imperil and Wind BSB way.

But if I don't even get close, I will go with an improved radiant shield team.

That said, assuming I have important things covered, what do you think the best Wind RW would be? Cloud OSB, Luneth BSB, Alphi BSB, or something I had not thought of?

Edit: Ok Wind team only took Bahmut to 50%, I didn't have enough debuff/mitigation. I had plenty of dps and power though.

Rubenov

For DPS I'd say Alphi BSB on a mage, but also I remembered you don't have native wall right? That may be hurting your mitigation... I think your plan of pulling on Banner 5 needs to happen.

friz898

For DPS I'd say Alphi BSB on a mage, but also I remembered you don't have native wall right? That may be hurting your mitigation... I think your plan of pulling on Banner 5 needs to happen.

Ok my radiant shield team got him to 30%.

I ran out of soul breaks and heals again.

I could take RW wall but you only get two uses, and I would lose the Alphi Windblade DPS i just had.

Make a Debuff (mostly def/res) team. Maybe use OK's onion slice. I could try stacking Vaan and Wakka on him, actually I'm not sure what I will try.

I could make a Mblink team with Tyro's Keepers Tome and Firions (my best char) BSB. Then take, I don't know, Rosa USB.

I've got a couple tries left in me, but if I don't get closer than like 20%, I'm going to have to take a hard pass.

friz898

Am I shit out of luck for Sephiroth if I don't have native wall or radiant shield?

Native wall isn't important.

I would say Radiant Shield is, since I used that method and I think 1 or 2 others from our regulars did.

cpp used an OSB method.

Edit: Def/Res debuff team also got stuck at 30%. Not enough last stand or timely heals. I had Onion Slice, Vaan's BSB, and Wakka's BSB, plus their burst commands all stacked. Along with 610 buff from Alphi's deploy tactics.

DPS was ok, but Relm by herself could not keep the group alive, even with Alphi set to heal.

evangd007

Native wall isn't important.

I would say Radiant Shield is, since I used that method and I think 1 or 2 others from our regulars did.

cpp used an OSB method.

Edit: Def/Res debuff team also got stuck at 30%. Not enough last stand or timely heals. I had Onion Slice, Vaan's BSB, and Wakka's BSB, plus their burst commands all stacked. Along with 610 buff from Alphi's deploy tactics.

DPS was ok, but Relm by herself could not keep the group alive, even with Alphi set to heal.

I mean, the teams I'm looking at would be double healer (Eiko/Aerith and Vanille) with Orlandu, Ramza, and Vaan, or try a drawtaliate strategy I saw on reddit working in Gilgamesh since Seph's basic attack and Iado Strikes are both PHY and not NAT. Both ways I'd have to RW some debuff BSB like Setzer's Mostly Megaflare.

The other option I was considering was working in Noel for his auto-stun SSB since the JP guide claims he can be stunned, but I don't know if I believe that.

Oh yeah and FFXII banner: 2/11 - Basch SSB and Balthier LMR. The game does not want me to have good FFXII relics.

Well i beat the d300 but i only got expert because a few people died when he had literally 1% hp left so I lost 1 medal on KOs. Super lame. Will probably try again tomorrow

Alphinaud (bsb, deployment tactics)
Fujin (bsb)
Rydia (osb)
Onion Knight
Lenna (USB, BSB)
RW History's Truth

This is 3 stacks of +mag so Fujin was doing about 25k per use of c1 and alphinaud about 35k per use of c1 once in the weak phase. I spammed Rydia OSB at 50% to get him to weak phase asap. And Fujin's commands lower RES too which helps a bunch.

If i do it again I'll skip Deployment Tactics and save it for another use of BSB, which does around 50k by itself in weak phase. Deployment Tactics was a low dps contributor overall.

And since I already got 1 CM, i can maybe swap OK for Cid Raines since OK's buff doesn't stack with Alphinaud's, but Raines' does. Plus that would give me 3 users of high damage insta cast BSB, which would probably melt him down pretty quickly.

Only thing is that he resists dark and Holy, but i also have Seraphic Ray (Raines' SSB) which has imperil holy, so maybe open with that first (which, incidentally, would also increase Rudia's OSB damage output)

Kain

Beat everything but the 300 Torment, shit is HARD. I got close with a very defensive team but I can't do the last phase when he starts spamming heals. If I had native VoF I think I could make it, but that's impossible for the time being...

Beat Seph using the Radiant shield strategy and tons of instant medicas lol

Think my best hope is leveling Edge to 99. His combat 2 blows, no Life Siphon. But I do have powerchain6 Dismissal8 and his SSB, blink, haste, Last Stand. Would take place of slow ass Snow. This would also allow me to replace OK with Celes or Rikku for more damage or another healer. I need insta everything. Celes could also Magic Shield and Switch to damage in the final stretch, hmm. Pretty sure I can't do this which sucks cuz on good runs I'm kinda close. Dude's 2 hit through DEF? always knocks someone down stretch, 6,000 damage.

The other option is Raijin, not instant Last Stand though but does provide more than Snow for the team, insta cast team, major regen.

Or I could level Mog. No BSB but I have ATK-Def down 50.

Have 1 MC3, will get another from 12. So I can break 2 of these fools: Edge, Fujin or lovable Mog.

Pretty sure if there is a path, it goes through one of these. Think I'll break Tyro even though I just have burst. Seems to fit this fight well.

Less than 5 percent. Best yet. This has to be the party to do it. Ohhhh. Needed to switch over to manual heals towards the end but stayed on auto-pilot. Eh.

Keym

Does anyone know if Zack's upcoming Lucky Stars stack with Shout? It'd be pretty useful for my phys team if that's the case.

Jarekx

I think i've got a comp now that'll beat Sephiroth. Had him in last phase bust mistimed a last stand thinking someone hadn't triggered it yet.

Zack - Chainstarter / Life Siphon - Haste SSB / BSB

Rosa - Wrath / Ultra Cure - USB waifu

Snow - Draw Fire / Life Siphon - BSB -LMR

Selphie - Protectga / Curaja - USB waifu #2

Tyro - Rallying Etude / Full Break - Wall

I was basically just having Snow pretty much all of phase 1 while I built bars with everyone. Zack brought Haste to get through the first couple of phases along with Rallying Etude from Tyro for lesser makeshift shout. Snow pushes out all the damage at first thanks to Cmd2 and his LMR.

After that it's timing the phases so I can avoid a magic attack or two of his transition into phase 3 with Rosa or time last stands with Selphie / Snow. Then Zack switches to DPS when I use my RW shout to burn him as fast as I can through the last couple of phases.

..or at least that's the plan. Don't have time to give it another go but it's looking pretty promising.

After he's down it'll be time to give full throttle bahamut another go.

Jarekx

Guess I'll skip that banner then. Why is Zack so useless, his damage with his imperil BSB is terrible. :(

That thing ( Zacks CSB ) is great for wind teams. I'm pulling hoping for that, cloud USB, or cloud BSB2. Heck I'd take Cids shout clone for CMs. Pretty good banner in my case.

Ugh. I whaled a little trying to get Vaan's LMR, wound up with everything on the banner except that. Happy with the USBs and Reks' BSB of course, but kicking myself for spending money going after one item and not getting it. I think this may be the loss I needed to quit spending money on this game. :)

Ugh. I whaled a little trying to get Vaan's LMR, wound up with everything on the banner except that. Happy with the USBs and Reks' BSB of course, but kicking myself for spending money going after one item and not getting it. I think this may be the loss I needed to quit spending money on this game. :)

Suuuure, you know Cloud USB is right around the corner right? :)

How many pulls did you do? Couldn't have been worse than my lightning USB attempts

Top Bottom