• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Try as I might, a good Hastega avoids me. Last few draws netted me 3 bootgas/faithgas of the same degree (Alphinaud SSB, Tellah SSB, Gordon SSB) with a difference in added effect which is good as they are all the same level as OK (and don't stack) but seeing how my only native Hastega is Lenna's... Eh, I have no idea what to do on that front.

On an interesting note, I am about to enter my last normal story dungeon which means today is the day I finally get up to date! With a ton of Elites still to go I should have a decent Mythril pool by the time Anniversary banners roll around.

Sitting at 4, I am hopeful I can accumulate a total of 75 Mythril by the time Nightmare opens so I can pull both for DU and Summoner Nightmare. Should be possible methinks. After that, it's full-on saving mode until March. Hopefully Banners will remain more or less the same.

Rixa

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that individual characters don't matter nearly as much as relics once you have a character or two in each general class type.

Yeah. I figured that its the eqs you pull that matter and dungeon synergy for units.
Thus its good to keep Soul of Heroes in reserve if one happens to pull that eq but doesnt have right unit to it.

Now to save Mythrils for future & next 50 pull from some good banner.

Dragner

I think Ill make a bold attempt at Raines Burst and 1 pull for TGC stuff and other than that save. My first world problem is that I got so many omega tier stuff that the ultros banner is going to be dupefest for me.

Those little piglets aoe spells got me in the end. My hones aren't high enough and I'm lacking good aoe ones. Will try again later with Bartz, Gilgamesh, Lenna and Faris. See how it goes.

Kouriozan

Wanted to play again with my 600 mythrils stack but I'm still getting infinite loading problem on iPad 4 (iOS 10) and events still takes age to get to the interesting fights.
Guess I'll try again when I'll upgrade my tablet.

Rixa

Made pull from FFXIV banner (was thinking I could get nice stuff since I have only 2 Omnirods from that banner). Well I got 3rd Omnirod, but that pull gave me Thyrus & Healer's Robe too. Should I use Omnirod or Thyrus with Y'shtola?

Ah but I get Omnirods Soul Break (its mastered) even I dont equip it.

Screenshot_20170104-160355.png

Wanted to play again with my 600 mythrils stack but I'm still getting infinite loading problem on iPad 4 (iOS 10) and events still takes age to get to the interesting fights.
Guess I'll try again when I'll upgrade my tablet.

Can you uninstall and reinstall the game? What about ensuring your iOS is the latest version?

ccbfan

After months on crappy pulls (including 4 crappy OSB Fest pulls). I finally made a good pull on FF14-1

Ysho - BSSB
Ysho - SSB
Min - BSSB
Min - SSB

Pretty much made my week worth it.

Arguable best medica BSSB
Arguable best en Holy physical BSSB
50% Atk Up + Guts

Ysho and Min are definitely going in my A Team.

Currently its

Firion (SSB)
Agrias (SSB, Debuff SB)
Shadow (SSB)
Tyro (Wall)
Relm (SSB)

RW Shout

Thinking

Min (BSSB, SSB)
Agrias (SSB, Debuff SB)
Shadow (SSB)
Tyro (Wall)
Ysho (BSSB, SSB)

RW OK

Biggest problem is what to do with Tyro. I need his wall and I used to use him for support but now my two new adds are better supports. Maybe I'll just keep Tyro as Support and go full Knight with Min and go spellblade with Agrias or Bartz (I have his en wind cape from OSB Fest and have wind imperial from Rikku)

Ultima was a walk in the park. The game gives you all the hints you need.

Basically, whittle him down to about 50% health then go ham with all of the DPS you can until he's toast. He was a pushover with Aerith Burst (and offensive Holy), Y'sh Burst, Onion Knight, and Ramza Burst. I love the accessory he gives because Mage meta is what I'm geared for right now.

Yep, every single one of his 3* abilities can be record dove to 5*, and at 99* he's got fantastic stats to boot.

He needs a LOT of motes though, and is only really busted after all those motes are used and he has at least one of his relics (cause his baseline SB is pretty garbage).

It doesn't even seem like there is a way to get his motes right now unless I'm mistaken.

It doesn't even seem like there is a way to get his motes right now unless I'm mistaken.

Not until the mote dungeon. The Ahriman fight alone will be enough to give you all of the motes exclusively for Onion Knight.

Edit: Unless you played the OK event, you won't have OK spheres which are necessary to unlock the 1st level of every sphere class. I believe you needed 12 in total, but there should be another opportunity to get them down the line if you don't have them.

Decided to dl RK, my account is from the time RK was launched. I have someone in my RW list that has been idle 430 days. Cleared classic event dungeon, now doing Elite part (that I get Y'shtola MC).

Should I replace Tellah to Papalymo and Wakka to something (Luneth?). If needed I could use few Hero Crystals (Ramza). If I understood correctly Cloud & Gilgy & Y'shtola are okish units, thus I need one better support & something instead Tellah.

I made 2 x11 pull in this event, first was from XIV banner and gave me Omnirod, then made 100 gem pull and got dupe Omnirod. Today I made another 11 pull from Phase 5.

I was in the same boat as you 3 weeks ago. Making a new account was better for me in the long run than continuing from my original account. Strongly recommend if you can do so

Trying to budget mythrils... what are considered the "good banners" coming up? Final Fantasy Tactics later this month, and then probably FF8 Fujin banner after that? I may do an 11-pull on tomorrow's FF13 banner. I know it's not particularly attractive but what the hell, Lightning's my waifu.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Wow! Just beat my first Ultimate+ ever. Decided to give Altar of the Earth U+ a shot because of Thancred's Wind SSB. My team was as follows:

Vaan - BSB, Lifesiphon, Magic Breakdown
Eiko - BSB, Shellga, Curaja (Mako Might)
Thancred - SSB, Gust, Steal Power
Ramza - Shout, Power Breakdown, Armor Breakdown
Faris - Kindred Spirit SB, Full Break, Tempo Flurry (filler)

Eiko's BSB is a lifesaver, especially combined with the critical hit percentage output on Vaan's and Thancred's SB's in this fight. Awesome stuff, I think they may be my A team moving forward. At least for now.

Trying to budget mythrils... what are considered the "good banners" coming up? Final Fantasy Tactics later this month, and then probably FF8 Fujin banner after that? I may do an 11-pull on tomorrow's FF13 banner. I know it's not particularly attractive but what the hell, Lightning's my waifu.

The second FFXIII banner has Cid Raines' BSB which is quite desirable!

Pejo

Hell yea! Got WoL's shield and Garland's sword on my first 11 pull on banner 5. Feels freaking great to get what you wanted on the first pull. Wouldn't have minded some OK glove love but I don't really "need" it anyways.

I have enough mythril/gems for one more pull. Trying to decide if I should do another on the XIV banner to try for Minfilia's Burst (I already have the circlet, holy shield, thyrus) or banner 5 to try to pick up OK gloves (nothing else on this banner I want), or just hold on to it for future banners.

Any feelings on this, Gaf? I know generally the consensus is to not pull on a banner for a single item, which i'd be doing on either of the two.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Hell yea! Got WoL's shield and Garland's sword on my first 11 pull on banner 5. Feels freaking great to get what you wanted on the first pull. Wouldn't have minded some OK glove love but I don't really "need" it anyways.

I have enough mythril/gems for one more pull. Trying to decide if I should do another on the XIV banner to try for Minfilia's Burst (I already have the circlet, holy shield, thyrus) or banner 5 to try to pick up OK gloves (nothing else on this banner I want), or just hold on to it for future banners.

Any feelings on this, Gaf? I know generally the consensus is to not pull on a banner for a single item, which i'd be doing on either of the two.

Just save it. You got two good things. Bank that Mythril for a rainy day. March is coming up and you'll be glad you have it then.

Not until the mote dungeon. The Ahriman fight alone will be enough to give you all of the motes exclusively for Onion Knight.

Edit: Unless you played the OK event, you won't have OK spheres which are necessary to unlock the 1st level of every sphere class. I believe you needed 12 in total, but there should be another opportunity to get them down the line if you don't have them.

I don't remember if I played that event or not. I did have the OK MC3, so maybe? I also rarely am able to beat ultimates, probably because I haven't honed any of the more recent abilities.

Did 2 11-pulls in Phase 5 with remaining Mythril. Went against better judgment and tried to chase OK BSB.

Pull 1: Garland SSB, Vanille SSB
Pull 2: Vanille SSB dupe, Noel BSB

I already have Vanille's BSB, so I guess an ability refill SB isn't too bad? Combined the dupes to have my best MND stick right now.

All dat XIII synergy.

Torment 250 Mastered. No Healer BSB, only one native DPS BSB (Vaan), the rest SSBs and uniques. On my first try too. Pretty proud of that.

Another reason to not give up even if you're in a relic slump.

Anustart

Need some pointers maybe on d250 torment.

Anyone have any decent set ups that aren't too burst dependent? Only elemental burst of use in this is krile for me.

That's not me, it's some guy on reddit who has apparently been refreshing every daily and orbfest for months and never spent a single 5* orb on anything ever.

OK was gonna say, as insane as those numbers are it would be even more insane considering this was your first orbfest...

Syntsui

Will Y'shtola BSB ever return? I don't want to spend money to get it because there's a big chance this endeavor will cost me a few hundreds.

Right now it seems the better idea is to save for Orlandu and the Summoner banner.

Anustart

How'd you beat D200 without all those bursts if you don't mind me asking

Used Bartz, Krile, Beatrix, Yshtola and Onion Knight.

Bartz had r2 snowspell strike, Blizzaga strike
Beatrix r2 gaia's cross, life siphon
Krile chain firaga and firaga, tho could have swapped one of em for something else, her bsb and the 2 hit all command constantly.
onion knight had life siphon and something else, cant remember
yshtola on bsb heal duty.

Will Y'shtola BSB ever return? I don't want to spend money to get it because there's a big chance this endeavor will cost me a few hundreds.

Right now it seems the better idea is to save for Orlandu and the Summoner banner.
It hasn't been featured on a banner since, but there are a few relevant Lucky Draws that include it.

This FFXIV event is the last one to date so far, even in Japan, so the realm is due for another event really soon, and it probably has a high chance to be featured there, as it's quite popular. That's a long ways off though for us.

RivalCore

There's nothing on the future banners, but it could come up again during the anniversary banners since they're never 100% like JP. Also could show up on a lucky.

But don't spend money chasing a relic. There's far too many horror stories on here and Reddit about people whaling for specific relics and walking away with nothing. Also this game is constantly in motion, there will always be a better item in the future.

Keep in mind, there are other great healer BSBs, like Vanille's. In the future, there's Eiko, Yuna, and Sarah. (I didn't pull for Ysh's because Vanille works fine.)

Used Bartz, Krile, Beatrix, Yshtola and Onion Knight.

Bartz had r2 snowspell strike, Blizzaga strike
Beatrix r2 gaia's cross, life siphon
Krile chain firaga and firaga, tho could have swapped one of em for something else, her bsb and the 2 hit all command constantly.
onion knight had life siphon and something else, cant remember
yshtola on bsb heal duty.

I might be missing something, but how do you have snowspell strike before clearing the d200? Was it available from an earlier event?

I might be missing something, but how do you have snowspell strike before clearing the d200? Was it available from an earlier event?

Yes, it was. There were events for all of the special class spheres before that gave away a pretty hefty amount of them. Heck, thats how I got my R2 Lifesbane.

Kaiterra

Banned
Man the group I was working with literally kept coming ONE MOVE away from beating Gregocalypse. It took 5-6 tries altogether until on the last one he started spamming Death Claws instead of Zantetsuken at the end and we ended up beating that fight without a single death. What a terrible fight.

Please tell me this instant KO crap is not going to be par for the course for MP Ultimate+ fights.

Syntsui

Keep in mind, there are other great healer BSBs, like Vanille's. In the future, there's Eiko, Yuna, and Sarah. (I didn't pull for Ysh's because Vanille works fine.)
I have Vanille and yeah it's absurdly good. But the bubble and instant commands though... AHHH I won't spend money.

Anustart

Gotten tidus to 67, all in ffx realm, cant even get his second rm to drop, let alone the one i want after it.

his rm drop % seems to match 5* from daily draw rate.

RivalCore

Any word on when we're getting more multiplayer?

I had fun with the Gilgamesh stuff, especially the D200, and I want (need) more 4* motes.

Balphon

Any word on when we're getting more multiplayer?

I had fun with the Gilgamesh stuff, especially the D200, and I want (need) more 4* motes.

Should be with every event.

D160/D200 Aiatar should release for the FF14 event either today or tomorrow. I believe the harder boss comes a day after the normal bonus bosses in JP, so it depends on whether they follow that for global.

Damn, got very close on the D200 event. 3 of my guys wiped. It's hard to know when to re-apply buffs, i wish they would put indicator icons over character / enemy sprites to let you know when buffs are wearing.

I'm saved at the last boss, so I will try again later. I think they each had about 10% health left.

Anustart

Was gonna save mythril for a while, but i need inventory slots. I dont like digging through vault all the time so i bought some more.

thedan001

Damn, got very close on the D200 event. 3 of my guys wiped. It's hard to know when to re-apply buffs, i wish they would put indicator icons over character / enemy sprites to let you know when buffs are wearing.

All I need is a timer that plays during the battle, similar to the timer on doomed characters.

That way I can mark the time when I applied wall, protect/shell, hastega, etc.

This wouldn't be hard to implement at all, and easier on players to know how many seconds passed during battle gameplay to make more informed decisions upon each character's turn.

The indicator icons are more preferred, I agree, but I don't know if DeNA is savvy enough to pull it off with displaying multiple status effect icons at once.

I really don't like the current design with status effects flipping through each icon every 3 seconds if you have multiple effects. I also don't like stacking visual buff effects because it's not easy to tell which buff is active under blink, haste, retaliate, and other buffs at the same time.

SE adopted the idea of listing all status effects on a character under a smaller sized icons for FFXI and FFXIV because players complained this very same thing. I would like to see this for FFRK but the resolution for the game is already small, so it's a challenge to get that right touch of usability and making it aesthetically visual.

EDIT: Forgot to bring up the point that SE limited status effects on a character in FFXI to 5 at a time or something absurd, if you had more than 5... you wouldn't be able to see it. Now FFXI updated to like 30 small icons now. FFXIV's party list I remember having limited space for buffs but if you target (individually at a time) you can see their full list of status effects.

Anyway, I hate it too when Tyro gets 1-shotted because wall/shellga wore off without me realizing it.

Czarcasm

Final Relic Pull Report for OsO Fest / FF XIV Banners

{OsO Fest Banner 1}
(100-Gem / 11-Pull x1)
Blood Sword x2 [Was not expecting this at all]

{OsO Fest Banner 2}
(100-Gem)
Nothing [Already had 3/4 of the top items and 6/9 total]

{OsO Fest Banner 3}
(100-Gem / 11-Pull x1)
Rune-Graven Bow [Really nice, will work great with a Blood Sword]
Healing Staff [Tactics Heal, yay]
Ogrekiller [Earth team is ready]

{FF XIV Banner 1}
(100-Gem / 3-Pull / 11-Pull x2)
Curtana [Holy-Boost Support, interesting]
Holy Shield [Non-Heal Last Stand, could be useful]
Wizard's Gloves x3 [Nice SB, more item variety would be nice]
Thyrus x2 [Now at 8*]
Healer's Robe x2 [Eh....]

{OsO Fest Banner 4}
(100-Gem / 11-Pull x1)
Apocalypse [Yay 100-Gem OSB]
Arbiter's Apocrypha [Great Stat Book for Tyro]
Holy Rod [Finally a 12 Heal]
Magician Mog [Works well for Lulu / Why did it have to be a doll?]

{OsO Fest Banner 5}
(100-Gem / 11-Pull x2)
Eagletalon [Mage/Ninja Stat Stick, Yay]
Flame Fossil [2nd 13 Burst, yay]
Bomb Core [Atk/Mag+ Mage Version]
Gungnir [Atk/Mag+ Physical Version]
Gabranth's Hauberk x2 [Dark Team...yay.....]

{Future Plans}
After Banner 5, I'll be skipping the 13 banners
Need to pull on a 9 banner as my most recent relic is Eiko's Super
I'm good for 10
ALL THE SUMMONS
Tactics...meh

{Side Note}
Anyone else wish we could buy Rosetta Stones with greens?

Top Bottom