• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

So someone was saying earlier about how their SBs seemed to charge really quickly despite being under the damage bubble when fighting Rubicante.

I didn't have a bubble but had a similar experience of my SBs charging way too quickly. Gordon isn't normally able to get off Goddess Bell after a full break and two breakdowns for example. I wonder if the cloak effect itself somehow counts as an attack and charges SB gauges.

Well I beat the D200 but it wasn't enough to get mastery. Stupid me forgot to bring any form of Ice at all. I may try it again bringing some ice, I don't see why I couldn't do it.

Party was

80/80 Greg - R5 Retaliate, R5 Draw Fire (BSB+OSB)

80/80 Celes - R3 Firaga Strike, R5 Aerora Strike (SSB Runic)

99/99 Krile - R2 Chain Firaga, R4 Stoneja (BSB)

80/80 Tyro - R3 Magic Breakdown, R1 Multi Break (Wall)

99/99 Y'shtola - R5 Curaja, R4 Shellga (BSB)

RW was Deployment Tactics

Greg's rotation was DF -> R -> OSB on highest HP -> repeat

Celes' rotation was SSB -> Firaga Strike highest HP 4 times -> repeat

Krile's rotation was BSB -> Eruption Spam (or Stoneja if someone's HP was too high) -> Repeat

Tyro's rotation was SG -> Multi-Breakdown -> Magic Breakdown or RW -> defend -> repeat

Y'shtola's rotation was BSB -> Shellga -> Heal everyone until BSB wears off -> repeat

Deployment Tactics is pretty nice in this fight. Each time one of the enemies would use their AoE, they would take anywhere from 3k - 7k damage in return.

Xetherion

XIV banner 2 pulls:

100 gem: trash

11 pull: Ifrit's Kris and Yda's Burst.

Happy to get a burst this time, but annoyed that it's not the mage burst or imperil Fire that i really wanted. Though Yda should be able to hit high DPS if i can keep cmd2 bubble up and stack Greased Lightning.

I'm tempted to chase Thancred's imperil Fire now since i have both Refia's and Yda's Fire bursts, and i still want Pap's mage burst too. But i'm down to 108 mythril and still want to pull on Raines, TGC, Fujin, and Anniversary.

What should I do GAF?

Syntsui

Got:

Kaiser Knuckle
Sasuke's Blade
Air Knife

I wanted the fire imperil, so I'm pretty happy with this. Now I actually have to level up these guys, because I focused entirely on the banner 1 characters lol.

Got both of Thancred's SSBs. Sticking with my 1 pull / banner, so that's it for me. The dagger has +wind damage, so that's nice I suppose. I seem to have a lot of that.

One 11-pull on XIV banner 2 and I got Thancred's SSB glove and the Temple Cyclas. As a MNK main in FF14 the Temple Cyclas was what I really wanted so I'm thrilled despite not getting a BSB.

So in unintended brilliance on my part, locke's bsb has imperil fire on it, I also unrelated made chain firaga one of my r3 chain spells

14 event done and cm obtained, kept getting unlucky with the dragon flying before minfilla could burst and get a command power break down on it, once that didn't happen it was smooth sailing. Also Alph's 100% damage reflection is insane.

Syntsui

If I had planned to level up Yda and Thancred, considering what I pulled, this would be trivial.

Is it realistically possible to level both of them up to at least 65 on Sunday's daily? I have Cid's XP Up materia.

If I had planned to level up Yda and Thancred, considering what I pulled, this would be trivial.

Is it realistically possible to level both of them up to at least 65 on Sunday's daily? I have Cid's XP Up materia.

Aren't we getting like 10 major eggs this week from the portal app rewards?

Anustart

Mastered the d200 raid fight with some cats from 7891.

Me and another guy brought yshtola. We had perfect alternate going on. i asylum first, him stoneskin, then wed switch. We both had ace striker and no cure magic, just wrath and a support ability.

No one died, no medals lost.

This is basically impossible as a CM without Ysh's burst. The Ultimate Sheet of Ice paralyzes AND saps? This is complete bullshit. I haven't been this salty at a fight since, I don't know, the first Ultima Weapon.

Tidd

The dragon was easy? First try. o.o I guess my FF XIV synergy is somehow decent because of Banner 1 although I wish I had more SBs that would deal damage
JyQgRJXl.jpg

NryiPDEl.jpg

Only BSB I have is Y'shtola's. The only SSB that deals damage is Yda's. The other SBs were all the buffs from Banner 1. Guess Deployment tactics did a little bit of damage but the major amount came from the Fire spells. Also used Tyro's BSB as RW for Protectga and more debuffs.

Started the fight with my own Wall and Ley Lines for Hastega. Even before the magic buff I dealt 9999 damage with Firaja. Yda used Tyro's BSB and then I tried to use all the breaks as fast as possible before it could fly up. Lifesiphone/Wrath spam when it was down. Once Yshtola was ready I used her BSB, used the insta curaja command once or twice and then spammed Wrath again to try to get up another Wall. But unfortunately she got hit with bind before I could use another SB and was useless for the rest of the fight. Last Stand prevented that Alphinaud went down once. I believe it flew up twice.

Kaiterra

Banned
Holy crap was Aiatar Apocalypse a million times easier than Gilgamesh. Imperil Holy team with Knight Protector, Ultimate Shield, double Minfilias for her BSB and SSB and Deployment Tactics just caved its face in. We didn't even need to take two healers like we did.

Kenai

Did 1 pull on FFXiV banner 2 since the only dupe would have been Thancred's wind daggers and 14 is right behind 6 and 9 as my favorite FF series, and my heart sank when i saw a single rainbow.

But it was Yda's BSB!

With Yda/Y'sh/Alph BSBs, native Hastega/Magic boostga from Palpy *and* Thancred landing poison Turn 2, that CM was done pretty quick. And I have another character worth raising to 99 who i actually can raise to 99. Didn't give her much of a look before, but she has 5 in Combat and Monk and can Record Dive Celerity 4 for Dismissal (interrupt is my fav). It really helps the sting of missing Sabin's BSB.

I won't have as much Mythril as I'd like for FFT later (I *might be able to do 2 pulls) but I have nothing to complain about.

Kenai

I can bring Gilgamesh, Y'sholta, Vaan, or Ramza so it sounds like we have options

Edit: and alph

I will use Ramza or Luneth frontline and Y'sh or Alph or Faris backline. my Ysh has everything though so she'd probably be best.

My Luneth's second BSB should do 9999x8 to Enkidu if he lasts that long. Wearing double anti-Death accessories cause Zan-koo-san sucks

Cleared that new multiplayer raid so easy. There was three Y'shtola, two with their burst and mine with stoneskin. Two Minfilia with their BSB's too. They rotated the bubble. It trivialize the entire fight haha.

I dreamt I did the daily relic pull and got Healer's Circlet. Then I woke up. :(

Gonna fight that dragon that flies. Hopefully, it doesn't stay in the air too long.

Woo, finally got Greg dragoon 5.

Still can't dive my Alph or get Greg Dragoon 5 (no dexterity motes)... but I did get Luneth Support 4. Finally, after like 8 tries, got a competent team for the new Apocalypse raid fronting Cecil and Vanille (who is basically my all-star) rather than Wrathing Terra. Couldn't trust people to heal properly.

I also realized why no one was doing decent damage the first two times: they didn't bother to equip RS gear.

The new multiplayer raid is way easier then gilgamesh, I dunno if gilgamesh is just over tuned or if the other boss is under tuned.

Anustart

Can almost do the CM but not quite.

Only have yda and ysh at 99, 2 others in the 40s and a level 60 thancred. Only relics are ysh and then yda's ssb. No hastega kills it.

Top Bottom