• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

It's not just you, i already auto trash easily with just the RM's that make Attack instacast, see no need for LD'ing people...

I also have over 300 myth saved, but i don't want to spend it all on Bartz. Need to save some for my ninja boyz Edge and Shadow, plus the fest coming up at the end of Sep.

I missed his comment until you quoted it...

but ya Kain? For dailies, I generally just do my top 5 in Atk, set their RM (if I even do) to haste, and just leave it on auto. Always get 3 stars, usually 1 shot with no skills used. If I actuall play, I do the same, but make sure each person has an AE attack for faster use. Now throw in the magicite and geez, they can 1-shot AE some too.

Opinions? I guess it's only a few weeks away?

Yeah I've been agonizing over this a little bit. :) I guess it's a good problem to have, but I already have all of the easy/obvious recommendations (Onion Knight, Raines, Setzer, etc.), so my decision is which second-tier or more niche BSB would help me the most. Things I'm considering:

1. Ayame, since it's extremely good in general and ice is not my strongest element
2. One of the Maria-alikes (Edea or Papalymo) since they're generally good
3. Rikku, since I don't have any water imperil (plus, I'm using her all the time now and I guess it would nice to have something for her besides her USB)
4. Something for IV since it's my weakest realm overall and I have zero of those BSBs (maybe Kain or Ceodore?)
5. Sephiroth BSB1 because of the unique piercing command?
6. Faris, because I just like Faris and I have everything else for her :)

I just don't know!

ETA: Btw, to expand on the obvious recommendations, these are the BSBs that I would personally say, if there's anything you're missing on this list, don't even look at anything else:

Firion
Refia
Onion Knight
Setzer
Relm
Irvine
Fujin
Beatrix/Agrias
Vaan
Larsa
Raines
Y'shtola
Alphinaud
Rapha
Tyro

Well Kuja went down in one attempt with a boring cloud meta strat (get lightning to 2 SB bars, then army of one x2) but so many near KOs during that fight. Nearly lost Ramza turn 3 with a firaga which took him full HP and asylum bubble to empty. Lightning has great timing of using first Army of one around the time the boss did Gravija then and the damage was enough to make him enter trance mode and hit with Gargantavolt...result: entire party at critical asylum bubble SB and Ramza Chant bubble both charging but Y'shtola's finished before Kuja got another move then Ramza re-applied the bubbles and at that point boss had <220k HP (I had radiant shield up and running as well so the boss did a fair amount of damage to itself).

I guess Magicite have hardened me in some way.

Edit: 93 spirit motes, 117 wisdom motes...now I know how everyone felt a month ago about 99 spirit motes.

Farming Living Flame with Non Ele team.

Have 6 uses of Omega Drive on Cloud.

Not one double cast proc.

okay.jpg
Reminds me of something I heard yesterday
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6x01i2/full_legend_dive_yshtola_one_regret/
I prefer the roughly 1/500 odds to that more rational explanation.

friz898

Wow!

If you have Tifa BSB, you can do Hydra no problem.

Tried Hydra for the first time, I just figured this one would be hard since I don't have but two Earth relics. First try took him to 10% so I was like oh man, I got this, second try I mastered (at 1:11) and nobody died. Figured he would be hard based on Earth relics and only having 2.

Relm - BSB
Alphinaud - Radiant shield, backup heals.
Lenna - USB (buffs were nice)
Cid (XIV) - Earth BSB -- He's not really that big of a deal.
Tifa - Earth BSB - Hail to the Queen!

So, Relm, Alphi, and Lenna just support and heals.

Cid BSB was "ok" Entry wasn't much, and his command 1 was doing 6-8k, but never once stacked an imperil earth. His command 2 was doing only 2200'ish x4. Real dud to me. If I would have lost, I would have taken him out, and brought Tyro for more wall and heals.

Tifa, My goodness! She about solo'ed him. Her abilities were Meteor Attack and LifeSiphon.

When Tifa had these buffs: Meteor Attack, EnEarth, Lenna USB, and Alphi 610 buff.

She was doing: 6k x??(8?) on entry. Meteor attack would do 9999x2, her command 2 was doing about 20k as well, maybe a little more.

Also it was nice, Hydra doesn't really put out much damage (especially when compared to Fenrir), but it was enough that Cid and Tifa BSB's never wore off, more specifically, Tifa was EnEarth the entire fight.

Happy about that, wasn't expecting it!

friz898

Yeah I've been agonizing over this a little bit. :) I guess it's a good problem to have, but I already have all of the easy/obvious recommendations (Onion Knight, Raines, Setzer, etc.), so my decision is which second-tier or more niche BSB would help me the most. Things I'm considering:

1. Ayame, since it's extremely good in general and ice is not my strongest element
2. One of the Maria-alikes (Edea or Papalymo) since they're generally good
3. Rikku, since I don't have any water imperil (plus, I'm using her all the time now and I guess it would nice to have something for her besides her USB)
4. Something for IV since it's my weakest realm overall and I have zero of those BSBs (maybe Kain or Ceodore?)
5. Sephiroth BSB1 because of the unique piercing command?
6. Faris, because I just like Faris and I have everything else for her :)

I just don't know!

ETA: Btw, to expand on the obvious recommendations, these are the BSBs that I would personally say, if there's anything you're missing on this list, don't even look at anything else:

Firion
Refia
Onion Knight
Setzer
Relm
Irvine
Fujin
Beatrix/Agrias
Vaan
Larsa
Raines
Y'shtola
Alphinaud
Rapha
Tyro

Well thank you, that's a good response. Out of your list, if I was to take everything you say to be golden wisdom...

I'm missing Larsa, Raines, Ysh, Fujin, Irvine, Setzer, and Refia.

So luckily I've got a lot of the good ones.

My thoughts based on that is....

Fujin, I guess its suppose to be a great wind relic? And I see you guys mention it here. I do have Zidane and Fang Wind BSB, Zack wind CSB, and Alphi Wind BSB. --- so I don't know? Is it so good that I still should want to pick it?

As for Setzer and Irvine, I imagine both of theirs are supports/breaks? I have Wakka BSB and Vaan BSB. Still think I should?

Refia, I do know it's godly. I could probably use that. For Earth I only have Cid and Tifa, but as you see above (so far) that's been enough earth.

Ysh, Ya would be good.. but I have a lot of healing/medica SB. I currently have Relm, Eiko, and Penelo healing BSB. Should I still go for Ysh? I also have Lenna and Aerith and Penelo USBs. Never lacking in healing.

Not familar with Larsa, he's either healing or support right?

I know Cid R is a good one, but it's Holy or Holy and Dark right? I currently have 14 Holy relics, to include 2 OSB and 8 holy BSB. Dark is a good element as well for me.

Lastly MCA, Edea is my only true ice relic (other than Papa and Laguna SSB) and she's godly. Her command 1 will often times do 30-40k when she's buffed. Her cmd 2 (to buff her magic) does 12-15 AE dmg, and chain ice always hits for 9999x2. If you need ice she's a wonderful pick.

Xetherion

I see we have a 30th anniversary relic selector pull deal.

I glanced over the list. What's opinions on goals here?

Think I should go for one in a realm I am lacking, like say WoL's, or another FF1 toon,
or in a realm that I have no medica?
or a certain element (for me, would be ice, water, earth)..for magicite dungeons
or just one that's all around awesome to have?
Or lastly, one for a character I already use all the time but don't have their burst -- for me Ramza (have Shout and USB)

Edit:

I always just assume I'm the only one who doesn't read Reddit, but obviously that's stupid. Here's the list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...0th_anniversary_selection_draw_jp_relic_draw/

Just in case you didn't see this part, this is a GEM ONLY pull.

Ramza's burst is nothing special, I would not recommend choosing that one. I would say top priority would be all-around awesome ones like Onion's or Raines'. If you feel like you're good on all-around stuff, then i'd say elemental dps is your next priority. Last priority would be medicas in realms you don't have one, and only if you care about doing CM's.

Personally, if I decide to do this (i've never paid for a full price pull and i'm not sure a burst selection is enough to make me do so), I will be choosing between the following:

Sephiroth: piercing command is future proof, keeps getting better as bosses' DEF keeps going up.
Vaan: dps and a debuff type i don't currently have access to (MAG/DEF)
Edea: my ice options are weak and this would likely get me to sub-60 clears on Fenrir
Ayame: another ice option, i just got her overstrike and this would give me an enIce > overstrike combo. Fenrir's blink spam makes me favor Edea though.
Kimahri: water imperil would improve my water dps immensely and X is one of my weaker realms
Firion: wrathable instacast magic blink
Y'shtola: not a fan of stoneskin, but her LD makes her one of the best healers in the game with her instacast cmd1 and double procs. I've also seen a lot of posts on reddit for sub-30 magicite clears with her as they're only healer, and I've been needing 2 healers for magicites.

friz898

Just in case you didn't see this part, this is a GEM ONLY pull.

Ramza's burst is nothing special, I would not recommend choosing that one. I would say top priority would be all-around awesome ones like Onion's or Raines'. If you feel like you're good on all-around stuff, then i'd say elemental dps is your next priority. Last priority would be medicas in realms you don't have one, and only if you care about doing CM's.

Personally, if I decide to do this (i've never paid for a full price pull and i'm not sure a burst selection is enough to make me do so), I will be choosing between the following:

Sephiroth: piercing command is future proof, keeps getting better as bosses' DEF keeps going up.
Vaan: dps and a debuff type i don't currently have access to (MAG/DEF)
Edea: my ice options are weak and this would likely get me to sub-60 clears on Fenrir
Ayame: another ice option, i just got her overstrike and this would give me an enIce > overstrike combo. Fenrir's blink spam makes me favor Edea though.
Kimahri: water imperil would improve my water dps immensely and X is one of my weaker realms
Firion: wrathable instacast magic blink
Y'shtola: not a fan of stoneskin, but her LD makes her one of the best healers in the game with her instacast cmd1 and double procs. I've also seen a lot of posts on reddit for sub-30 magicite clears with her as they're only healer, and I've been needing 2 healers for magicites.

From your post, I walk away thinking I should consider Kimhari (Only water is Tidus CSB/BSB) and Y'shtola, because that does sound pretty awesome and you're echo'ing MCA.

(Thanks)

Edit:

Also thanks on Ramza thing, He's number 5 on my A-Team, and first to go if I need Alphi or Rapha instead of his two buffs.

Fujin, I guess its suppose to be a great wind relic? And I see you guys mention it here. I do have Zidane and Fang Wind BSB, Zack wind CSB, and Alphi Wind BSB. --- so I don't know? Is it so good that I still should want to pick it?
Aside from the wind elemental damage, Fujin offers breaks (MAG/RES on entry and an additional RES on a command) and ninja cast time. You can think of her as the mage-team variant of Vaan.

As for Setzer and Irvine, I imagine both of theirs are supports/breaks? I have Wakka BSB and Vaan BSB. Still think I should?
I am a big believer in stacking debuff BSBs. The problem with Wakka/Faris/Noel is that they don't do anything that abilities can't do. Setzer and Irvine have entries and commands that all stack with Full Break and the Breakdowns.

Refia, I do know it's godly. I could probably use that. For Earth I only have Cid and Tifa, but as you see above (so far) that's been enough earth.
Refia is Fire just FYI.

Ysh, Ya would be good.. but I have a lot of healing/medica SB. I currently have Relm, Eiko, and Penelo healing BSB. Should I still go for Ysh? I also have Lenna and Aerith and Penelo USBs. Never lacking in healing.

Not familar with Larsa, he's either healing or support right?
Y'sh and Larsa are variants of each other, same commands but Larsa offers Astra on entry instead of Y'sh's Stoneskin. Depending on your attitude toward Stoneskin, many people would find Larsa preferable. Both characters can also Wrath!

I know Cid R is a good one, but it's Holy or Holy and Dark right? I currently have 14 Holy relics, to include 2 OSB and 8 holy BSB. Dark is a good element as well for me.
Raines' entry gives the whole party a MAG/DEF buff, and he can buff his own MAG again with a command. Plus his Cmd1 is like Onion Knight's burst commands, it shortens his next cast time. Enemies weak to Holy or Dark melt before him. Even without the weakness he packs an incredible punch and the party buff is superb. He can also Wrath AND equip swords.

friz898

Aside from the wind elemental damage, Fujin offers breaks (MAG/RES on entry and an additional RES on a command) and ninja cast time. You can think of her as the mage-team variant of Vaan.

Oh wow, I never read up on relics unless I have them, or if it's upcoming and I want to know why it's so great. (Chicken Knife today was first time in a long time I did this)

I guess after watching Refia's cmd1, I figured that was chunks of earth hitting people. I do godly damage with Vivi BSB, and Thancred BSB pretty good too. I have a bunch of other fire as well to include Balthier and Auron BSB.

Hmm, good to know on Setzer/Irvine. I may re-look at those, oh and Fujin.

Alright, for me personally, I'm done I suppose. It'll be either:

Setzer/Irvine
Fujin
Y'sh
Kmahri

Maybe Cid R.

Decision mostly made, thanks MCA and Xeth.

Xetherion

Decision mostly made, thanks MCA and Xeth.

No problem, happy to help.

In a pre-Magicite world, I would have said: "If you don't have Vaan, pick Vaan. Done."

However no elemental coverage means he kind of misses the Magicite boat. Everything else about his burst is just ridiculously good though.

Yeah, Vaan was my first pick until i started looking at your list lol. Now I'm leaning towards Seph because piercing commands are super rare and his old bsb is never going to recur again so if i don't get it here my only shot at it will be lucky draws.

Negator

I wouldnt know what relic to choose. I have most of the 'meta' BSB relics.

I would have to take a hard look since BSB2 items are all missing from the list aside from Bartz.

Tidd

If you're talking about upcoming extra banners for the fest, don't forget the Lucky Draws. Like the last fest we should get another 3. Healers BSBs, BSB/CSB/USB and a 6* only LD. So depending on when we get these banners a lot could change.

Oh and the "choose your relic" banner is gems only. Just in case someone doesn't know it. RIP F2P players. :p

In a pre-Magicite world, I would have said: "If you don't have Vaan, pick Vaan. Done."

However no elemental coverage means he kind of misses the Magicite boat. Everything else about his burst is just ridiculously good though.

I used legend dived USB/bsb vaan in a couple of the magicite dungeons and he was doing serious damage with thiefs revenge as well as the bsb commands. Works well when yo don't have osb coverage or good enough gear. You're not going to get a sub 30 time with him in your party probably but completion is The first goal in those anyway.

friz898

If you're talking about upcoming extra banners for the fest, don't forget the Lucky Draws. Like the last fest we should get another 3. Healers BSBs, BSB/CSB/USB and a 6* only LD. So depending on when we get these banners a lot could change.

Oh and the "choose your relic" banner is gems only. Just in case someone doesn't know it. RIP F2P players. :p

Ya I saw that, and we have a lot coming overall for sure.

Read somewhere we're suppose to get about 75mythril for stuff from the fest/anniversary and DU. Something like that anyway.

I'm still carrying this stash of mythril that's just a little over 50.

Trying to hold out for FFIV, but this FF5 banner tonight is suppose to be good overall, even if you don't get Bartz's prize. I have a few SB for Bartz, 2 or 3. But nothing current, no BSB/OSB.

friz898

I used legend dived USB/bsb vaan in a couple of the magicite dungeons and he was doing serious damage with thiefs revenge as well as the bsb commands. Works well when yo don't have osb coverage or good enough gear. You're not going to get a sub 30 time with him in your party probably but completion is The first goal in those anyway.

Vaan is possibly my best character. Fully LD'ed. Have BSB/OSB and stat buffs from 3 other relics. I do not have his USB.

I've tried to use him, but if he's fully buffed, he'll hit for 9999 on these High Def bosses, but usually does 8k-something. Also no En-anything, so his recast of BSB doesn't do much on Entry. I then switched to a Vaan OSB strategy, but it means that I either have to wait until I use his BSB so that I can ensure all 4 stats debuffed, or load breaks on a second char.

My point being, I'm falling out of love with Vaan at the moment, and it hurts. His base attack for me is 309.

Vaan is possibly my best character. Fully LD'ed. Have BSB/OSB and stat buffs from 3 other relics. I do not have his USB.

I've tried to use him, but if he's fully buffed, he'll hit for 9999 on these High Def bosses, but usually does 8k-something. Also no En-anything, so his recast of BSB doesn't do much on Entry. I then switched to a Vaan OSB strategy, but it means that I either have to wait until I use his BSB so that I can ensure all 4 stats debuffed, or load breaks on a second char.

My point being, I'm falling out of love with Vaan at the moment, and it hurts. His base attack for me is 309.

Oh yeah, the USB is the game changer there. + attack + thief damage and speed ane with the bsb, four stat debuffs meaning you're really driving the legend dive damage. Right he unfortunately only has a wind and poison attacks in his ability skill set to get a boost on those enemies.

Iscariot

Firion
Refia
Onion Knight
Setzer
Relm
Irvine
Fujin
Beatrix/Agrias
Vaan
Larsa
Raines
Y'shtola
Alphinaud
Rapha
Tyro

If I'm playing smart it's down to Onion, Raines, and Vaan for me. But I have Ayame and Kuja's OSB's and no BSB's...

friz898

If I'm playing smart it's down to Onion, Raines, and Vaan for me. But I have Ayame and Kuja's OSB's and no BSB's...

Do you have a good source of 610 buff somewhere else? I don't use O Knight as much as I would or use to since Alphi has same buff with Radiant shield.

Sometimes when I need a haste I'll use him, but he was my number 5 until I got Ramza Shout and USB in the same month, that put Ramza ahead of him for me.

Iscariot

Y'sh and Larsa are variants of each other, same commands but Larsa offers Astra on entry instead of Y'sh's Stoneskin. Depending on your attitude toward Stoneskin, many people would find Larsa preferable. Both characters can also Wrath!

I'd throw Iris in that discussion. She combines the Stoneskin with Astra. Sadly no wrath spam but she's got thief level speed and I think is the tankiest white mage. I pulled her LMR and BSB and have found her to be really good.

Do you have a good source of 610 buff somewhere else? I don't use O Knight as much as I would or use to since Alphi has same buff with Radiant shield.

Sometimes when I need a haste I'll use him, but he was my number 5 until I got Ramza Shout and USB in the same month, that put Ramza ahead of him for me.

I have Alph's 610 SSB, and I think Garnet's BSB2 provides that with lightning imperil as well. I think that's probably it.

friz898

I'd throw Iris in that discussion. She combines the Stoneskin with Astra. Sadly no wrath spam but she's got thief level speed and I think is the tankiest white mage. I pulled her LMR and BSB and have found her to be really good.

I have Alph's 610 SSB, and I think Garnet's BSB2 provides that with lightning imperil as well. I think that's probably it.

Ya for me, I use Alphi SSB over O Knight.

I think I'm in the minority but, I prefer Radiant Shield and either BLM/SUM dmg or back up heals... vs Haste and 8k'ish cmd dmg. For breaks, I already have Firion and Vaan as my two best chars. Not sure your support situation.

And yes, I have Garnet2 also. It does do 610.

Ninja onion is great for these magicites but yeah, if you have the atk/mag buff combo elsewhere, very common now, it is a waste.

I have ark/mag moderate:
Celebs
Sazh
alphinaud
Onion

Damnit, I have to go zack with that bsb choice, having his chain but nothing else for him and no wind imperil relics. Really want to go alphinaud...

Balphon

I'd sort the options like this:

Tier 1:

Firion
Lion
Onion Knight
Raines
Vaan

Tier 2:

Agrias
Alphinaud
Ayame
Beatrix
Desch
Edea
Fran
Fujin
Galuf
Kimahri
Larsa
Maria
Papalymo
Rapha
Setzer
Refia
Vanille
Vincent
Zack

Tier 3:

Everything else.

Could go even more granular but at that point it's probably not worth pulling.

friz898

Ninja onion is great for these magicites but yeah, if you have the atk/mag buff combo elsewhere, very common now, it is a waste.

I have ark/mag moderate:
Celebs
Sazh
alphinaud
Onion

Damnit, I have to go zack with that bsb choice, having his chain but nothing else for him and no wind imperil relics. Really want to go alphinaud...

I know right? I might try Ninja-O Knight as someone to piggyback Edea in this Fenrir fight, but will have to be Phantasm and.. something Non-ninja, don't want to to melee with his constant blink buff.

For 610

I have Rikku, Garnet, and Seifer, to go along with OK and Alphi.

friz898

Oh Xeth, if you're curious. I tried Sephiroth BSB1 on Fenrir.

With Lenna USB and Alphi 610 stacked, along with Vaan's OSB Knife fully augmented and wings unfurled RM (Vaan's knife was highest atk item my Seph could equip)

He was doing 3700x4 on entry. 7900x2 on Cmd 1. Pretty good for constant 15-16k, but not sure if enough to finalize your decision. If not hurting for healing, I would/could have brought Shout to stack as well. You know really, maybe I should stack all atk buff I have and let Seph kill Fenrir, but then that phys blink....

Beat Fenrir in 55:88

Hydra seems too tough. Think I gotta put Vaan in. Too much damage.

Bismarck was annoying too but havent tried it in days.

friz898

Beat Fenrir in 55:88

Hydra seems too tough. Think I gotta put Vaan in. Too much damage.

Bismarck was annoying too but havent tried it in days.

I simply cannot beat Fenrir, over and over I take him to an inch of his life, but run out of gas.

Bismarck was the easiest one for me. Hydra I posted earlier about how surprisingly easy he was with Tifa BSB. It's interesting everybody's different experiences based on their relics and elements.

She's not included in the BSB selection banner though. Unless things change between JP and Global. Which would be cool!

Wow!

If you have Tifa BSB, you can do Hydra no problem.
Is your Tifa level 99 with the earth damage boost RM?
Do you have some sort of Earth magicite that does something like imperil?

My answer to all of that is no (level 81) and while I only have 610 and Meteor crush for atk buffs even with a Earth boosting armour (Gaia Vest from a really old DU) I'm getting like 2x7k meteor crush 4x2.7k CMD2.

Maria isn't much better sadly 6x4k at best. Oh and getting Shell Dragon (Earth imperil summon) is not an option as I don't have insane Ninja hones and all my wind stuff is physical.

friz898

Is your Tifa level 99 with the earth damage boost RM?
Do you have some sort of Earth magicite that does something like imperil?

My answer to all of that is no (level 81) and while I only have 610 and Meteor crush for atk buffs even with a Earth boosting armour (Gaia Vest from a really old DU) I'm getting like 2x7k meteor crush 4x2.7k CMD2.

Maria isn't much better sadly 6x4k at best. Oh and getting Shell Dragon (Earth imperil summon) is not an option as I don't have insane Ninja hones and all my wind stuff is physical.

Well you saw the buffs I had on Tifa.

Cid XIV BSB does imperil Earth on entry, but it really didnt matter much at all.

She is 99, and she used her (I think it's hers) "Much More Earth Dmg" RM. Gaia Vest is only Earth-Boost I have as well, so I didn't use it.

He only ever had 1 imperil on him, did not have any other debuffs since breaks are useless.

So lets see again, she had the benefit of

Lvl 99.
Much More Earth Dmg RM
610 Buff
Lenna USB Buff.
En-Earth after initial BSB entry.
Meteor Attack (raise large amount) buff. (Don't let this wear off, do it before every BSB recast)

and sometimes Hydra had 1 imperil on him.

Edit: My Tifa's Base Stats:

227 atk
171 def
149 res

w/Gear her stats were:

447 atk
294 def
270 res

That's with:

Vaan OSB Knife
Edge SSB Red Jacket
Moderate Wind Resist with +15

Balphon

O Knight overrated! I don't think a lot of people have Firions, but he's got to be my favorite. Breaks and Insta Mblink? Yes please.

What's Lion's?

Native OK BSB is good in basically all situations and there aren't many things that replicate it.

Lion's is Vaan's but ATK/DEF instead of MAG/DEF and with Thief-class commands instead of Support. ATK/DEF is less useful but the burst is still extremely powerful for the same reasons Vaan's is. Her LD is excellent as well.

I did Hydra with one earth sb albeit it was rinoas OSB and after I had the earth magicite done once.
Mage meta way to go:
Chain stonega
Meltdown
Titan

All three heavy hitters with triple boosts and supplement with quake or stonja or fat chocobo
Ran:
Alphibaud ssb
Papylymo ley lines
Raines bsb, wrath and mental breakdown
Rinoa
Yshtola on heals

Xetherion

Cid XIV BSB does imperil Earth on entry, but it really didnt matter much at all.

I don't think you understand the power of imperils. Each level of imperil increases damage of that element by 20%. If you were doing 20k dmg with cmd2 with one stack of imperil, you would only do 16.6k without imperil. That extra 3.4k per turn adds up quick.

Edit: If you could get up to 3 stacks of imperil (imperils max at 3 stacks), your damage would be 28.8k per cmd2. That is a very significant increase. I don't know Cid XIV's ability set, but if he can Life Siphon I would recommend building his gauge until he can unleash 3 casts of his SB in quick succession so you can get 3 stacks.

Kenai

I see we have a 30th anniversary relic selector pull deal.

I glanced over the list. What's opinions on goals here?

Think I should go for one in a realm I am lacking, like say WoL's, or another FF1 toon,
or in a realm that I have no medica?
or a certain element (for me, would be ice, water, earth)..for magicite dungeons
or just one that's all around awesome to have?
Or lastly, one for a character I already use all the time but don't have their burst -- for me Ramza (have Shout and USB)

Edit:

I always just assume I'm the only one who doesn't read Reddit, but obviously that's stupid. Here's the list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...0th_anniversary_selection_draw_jp_relic_draw/

Thanks for posting it.

There's several goodies on here I already have and most of the recent ones I wanted aren't on here.

Kain, Celes, and Agrias make up the rare trio of characters who I have an OSB for but no BSB. Kain seems the most enticing to me of those 3 since Celes OSB works better with her BSB2 and I have everything for Beatrix already so Agrias feels redundant . Kain would be my first physical lightning BSB too.

Ayame is also very tempting since I also lack much in the way of ice, and I'd love Sabin's just to have it. Then there's some good standalones like Palpaymo, Edea, Zell and Shadow.

Hmmmmmmm.

friz898

I don't think you understand the power of imperils. Each level of imperil increases damage of that element by 20%. If you were doing 20k dmg with cmd2 with one stack of imperil, you would only do 16.6k without imperil. That extra 3.4k per turn adds up quick.

Edit: If you could get up to 3 stacks of imperil (imperils max at 3 stacks), your damage would be 28.8k per cmd2. That is a very significant increase. I don't know Cid XIV's ability set, but if he can Life Siphon I would recommend building his gauge until he can unleash 3 casts of his SB in quick succession so you can get 3 stacks.

Well, I have a chart with all my enElements and imperils, and I deem them important, but on these magicite bosses, they seemed to follow a different formula and not help out near as much.

I watched the damage difference with it all when I was doing the fight (and also tested Lightning back when I was figuring out my best Bismarck team) and they just dont seem to help nearly as much as enElement.

That being said, I'm just going by what I see, not the actual data or formulas. So it very well may be all in my head.

Kenai

Yea I am thinking unless things change and I get some OSB/USB for a character I want to use more that's on the list, I will just get Kain's. BSB > LDx? > OSB seems p good, especially when I will have Garnet BSB2, Rapha BSB, and now Hydra to pool together.

I have TG Cid BSB/OSB too but the elements on those are spread between holy and darkness too, not super consistent.

Did Fenrir again. Can't get by Hydra or Liquid Flame. Close but not there. Trying to find an out cuz Earth with Wind, the next in sequence, will be tough. Have Cloud OSB and Strago pierce.

I'll give Bismarck a shot tomorrow or back to Fenrir or Sea Lion.

Falk

that puzzling face

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on. ASSUMING no vulnerability (100% to begin with) and 1 stack (-> 120%) was 20k,

0 stacks (100%) 16.67k
1 stacks (120%) 20k
2 stacks (140%) 23.33k
3 stacks (160%) 26.67k

HOWEVER, since Magicites generally have 50% weakness (0 stacks = 150%), let's say you're hitting for that same baseline 16.67k

0 stacks (150%) 16.67k
1 stacks (170%) 18.89k
2 stacks (190%) 21.11k
3 stacks (200% - capped) - 22.22k

Or am I understanding vulnerabilities wrong?

(CSB bonus and Magicite ability bonus operate under separate multipliers, as do en-Element. Not sure if RMs are another separate multiplier or if they stack with something)

edit: That is to say, imperils still confer significant bonus damage, especially with how tightly the fights are tuned, and especially since many Imperil SBs do decent damage to begin with, but yeah.

friz898

I just went back and did a lot with Laguna ice imperil for my Fenrir troubles and while I have not crunched the numbers .. for my selections I did much better with a dps'er, or another healer, or radiant shield etc. especially if I am losing any buffs by slotting Laguna in.

He can siphon so I tried once with a running 1 imperil always on and tried a second time with 3 stacked imperil. The damage Edea was doing was significantly less than if I traded Laguna out for a full time mag buffer.

That isn't to say imperil sucks .. just that Laguna sucks for what I need on Fenrir and is probably what soured me a bit for imperil on magicites.

Similar experience with Bismarck, when I tested bringing Fran in for imperil lightning, the amount this helped Ashe and Rapha BSBs was much less than if I just buffed their magic.

MrDaravon

Whew, got Kuja done at the last minute (I wasn't kidding about being super busy lately!) Pulling Lightning's USB recently has made a huge difference for me since I also have her BSB2, so doing Cloud RW into USB into BSB2 is just death for most shit. In battles where I need Wall that's forcing me to bring Tyro back along but her output with that setup is so crazy it's worth it.

Edit: Man I thought we were getting FF4 tonight, not FF5 . Hadn't looked into this one yet really. If my FFV synergy is pretty ass (only notable things are Greg/Lenna/Faris BSBs) and I only planning on pulling on one of these two banners which should I pull on? The only things I have here are Faris' SSB on banner 1 and Faris BSB/Lenna SSB on banner 2. Leaning on Banner 1 but also my FF5 black mage options are non-existent outside of Exdeath (non-Runic) SSB. But unless I'm looking at something wrong it seems like the only maybe standouts on Banner 2 would be the Exdeath USB and Gogo BSB (for Water purposes)?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, no, I agree that especially when you consider no RS in these dungeons (hence a much harder time getting slashed by softcaps) the choice between another layer of buffs vs an imperil is an easy one. Getting an imperil to three stacks for a ~1/3 additional damage, vs casting a buff for 50-100% more damage, is a no-brainer.

Laguna if you have both his imperil and boostga, though, would be a rather easy pick.

Otherwise, if you've already covered all the buffs you can, and then have the luxury for an imperil, then it's a great bonus on top. Obviously this doesn't happen often what with a limited 5 party slots.

I LIKE BIG BUTZ AND I CANNOT LIE

xNK0966.jpg

Um

2x50 mythril
4/11 faris USB faris ssbx2 Dorgan ssb
4/11 faris USB Bartz USB bartz bsb3 faris ssb

Wow, so do i stop there or blow my last 50 mythril one more time for bartz lmr?

What I've gained here:
First imperil wind
6* dagger, going to be deadly with vaan
6+ bow
Wind sword
Reforged bracers with 33 atk

Shit, to pull again or to just be satisfied with some good pulls...

MrDaravon

Hmm, I think reddit and Gamefaqs banner breakdowns have me convinced to pull on Banner 1 if for no other reason than Magicite purposes; I haven't run into this yet since I still haven't started those, but I have NO water relics/SB's other than Paine's enWater SSB one....so yeah.

Edit: Well fuck, despite only have one dupe on banner 1 I got a largely shit pull, 3/11 Maximillian, Jujitsu Gi and Titan's Gloves

I forgot I had Titan Gloves already (so I actually had 2 dupes) so that's useless, the Gi is also useless outside of maybe CM purposes, and the Maximillian is on paper baller but I have literally no relics for Bartz so it seems pointless to go from zero to full diving him just for that. Kinda bummed out. I could swing a second pull but that almost always ends badly, and I want to make sure that I can still do a pull on FF4, FF6 and have some for Fest LD's and banners.

Have a feeling that no water options is going to be a problem though for the Magicite stuff.

friz898

So I just had a terrible pull.

100gem was nothing.

Then 2/11.

Galuf SSB and Dorgann SSB.

For this Galuf Unshaken Reaolve, I have seen it been used as a way to beat MP raid bosses.

How exactly can I use this to beat magicites? Someone tell me I just got me a nice sploit SSB like runic or something?

Balphon

Two pulls:

2/11 - 2x Galuf SSB
4/11 - Bartz BSB3, Dorgann BSB, Dorgann SSB, Faris SSB

No dupes (didn't have any to begin with).

First pull was hilariously bad but I feel redeemed by the second. Nice father-son earth team I can build now.

Top Bottom