• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

My vote would be for Zack if you have Cloud USB, otherwise I'd choose Edea. This is assuming you're focused on clearing magicites. It's part of that Maria-Papalymo-Edea trinity that has withstood power creep.

I do not have Cloud ultra, wish i did.

I can clear all Magicites so far, just can't sub-30 any of them yet. Not sure if I really care enough about sub-30 to base my pulls on that. Also i've been using two healer setups and from what i've been reading on reddit I really just need to commit to sub-30 and ditch the 2nd healer. I'm thinking once I have Y'sh master her burst i'll LD her and try with her as my only healer.

Well, first time I didn't clear all of the roulette table. I came back halfway through the fest though. I should be able to get enough mythrils in the next few days for the Crystal Tower banner. No idea what I really want though.

Another thing about Sarah to note is that once the stacking Bard boostga and faithga skills get released, Bards become much more sought after in general. Plus, her BSB is the only healer BSB with AoE magic blink to date, and her CMD1 is the only instacast single heal command with an additional buff. (High Regen.)

Yessssss. For all these reasons, plus Allegro con Moto.

Sarah is the OG princess. Put some respek on her name.

She's fantastic, really.

Kain

I can't decide between Yuna or Fujin, agh, I need a X medica (and the mag+mnd buff is nice) but Fujin is Fujin. Also Sarah's burst sounds cool. AAAAAGH

MrDaravon

Not sure if I want to pull on this banner, but given as I don't have most of the selection relics I'm guessing I should probably? From the selection list the only ones that I have are Aerith, Beatrix and Yuna, so there's lots of decent choices here for me. I'm still VERY solely tempted to get Terra's BSB for waifu purposes but I know that's a terrible idea lol.

I'm flying out the door right now for work but I'll have to sit down and really look at it later; in passing I've seen lots of people say they were going to pick up Larsa's BSB if it was on this banner, and I don't have a healer BSB in FF12. I also don't have Ysh's BSB either and I know how good that one is, but my only qualm there is I currently use Relm's BSB in part because of Last Stand, I'd have to see if I have any other decent sources on it (I can only think of one offhand and it's not practical). Also going to have to look at Sarah's BSB now based on posts in this thread.

So since I now have Cloud's usb and no other relics for him, should I make his old bsb my gem banner pull? Or should I go with something more useful?

Shadow780

I'm attempted to pull Prishe BSB for XI Torment. How would u guys rank the selection?

Here's what I don't have:

CoD BSB (have her Cape SSB already and FFIII is my one of my strongest realm, also have Alphi SSB for radiant shield)
Kain BSB
Krile BSB (have her OSB and SSB)
Terra BSB (have her OSB)
Fujin BSB (have Alphi BSB)
Beatrix BSB (have Agrias BSB)
Prishe BSB
Vanille BSB (have her SSB medica already but I assume instant medica is nice to have)
TGC BSB (have his OSB)

Thanks.

I got trolled again. 3/11 one 6* dupe:
*Gordon SSB - Atk/Mag w/P.Blink
*Lenna SSB - Medica as old as Ultimate fights
*Lightning USB - I didn't happen on Banner 5 so had to happen here. Now do I get myself a 213 atk +lightning sword or do I have a second 173 atk +lightning sword. I do have Deltia burst burst but I think that all the physical lightning I have outside of Lightning.

As for selection. Fujin is a serious candidate. +wind weapon, wrath mage with stitch in time access. Shame I'm hearing she's a bit pants on golem if you lack her en-wind and I'm not sure I could cram her into a team (as in theory I'd be using Aplhinaud USB).

I do have TGCs SSB so could overcome the slowness of the BSB but I think I'd rather just spam the SSB.

Holy crap!

I think this might be the best pull of my ffrk career! 5/11, 2 6*, and only 1 dupe (3rd Ovelia hat).
You didn't say anything about the Mag/Mnd hastega? There I've said all that needs to be said :p But seriously it might just be the one stackable mag boost you're lacking.

Tidd

1/11 Cele's OSB lol I had hope when I saw the disco ball :(

It's so bad even as a stat stick. Every other holy sword is not RS-locked.. and the wind damage is so random.

Will probably choose Yuna's BSB2 or Larsa's BSB.

Tidd

YAY, new FF IX event in Japan!

Highlights for me and stuff I want:

Beatrix USB - 10 ST Holy/NE physical + Attach holy + Self Atk/Def up + when using holy ability, do 2-6 hits based on rank of holy ability

Quina Usb - Atk up(Large) + Protectga + shellga + Haste

Beatrix BSB2 - ST Holy/Lightning Physical + Attach Holy Cmd 1: 3 ST Holy/Lightning + Dispel Cmd 2: 4 ST Holy/Lightning + Knight dmg up (small) 2 turns

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/74ec4r/jp_ff_ix_relics/

Beatrix is like Ashe's USB but for physical and holy! Really great! Her BSB2 will at least do more damage than her BSB1.
Quina is Shout + ProShellga! Awesome!

Freya's USB is.... actually decent compared to what she had before.
Kuja's USB is like Alphinaud's USB except for dark damage.

While I really want the new stuff on Banner 1 I shouldn't pull on it because I have way too many dupes. For Banner 2 I need to see if I get what I want from the next global FF IX event. Oh and it should be close to the 3rd anniversary.

Oh yeah: RIP Amarant, I don't even remember when he got his last SB.

Tidd

Holy crap, that Quina USB... Ramza needs an upgrade like that. :(

Ramza will get a BSB2 with Shout, a wrath cmd without the atk boost! and a 5-hit attack command. Also a LMR with instant cast 1 and full ATB at the beginning of the fight.

I ended up going for Terra's burst just for the +10 to her magic.

With realm synergy she has over 800 magic now. Beastmode.

Well, that's one way to decide things and pick the worst BSB in the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
hjtIgjg.png

ajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdfl;ajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdflajslkdgawlivjlijwsv;lfja;slkdjf;lasjkv;lfkjvoq;i2jfv;98aj4;vlifjalkwkejfv;lakjf;ov93;lkjsd;fkljva;slkdfj;alksvjd;flkajvs;ldkfvj;alsjdfl

ccbfan

Holy Crap.

Took Bartz USB to finish up the FF6 content last night to see if he's Record Dive worthy and holy crap its ridicules.

Basically entrust 1.5 meters on Bartz (He'll gain the other half)

EnWind SB (Little Damage) -> Cloud USB RW (Little damage) -> Bartz USB (Over 100K dmaage) -> SnowSpell Strike (over 200 K damage of 8 hits) (No Bosses actually survived to the 2nd SnowSpell strike)

I only have Bartz 3* spheres done and Goddess even had a 70 percent Wind Resist and no imperials.

The best part is that unlike other OP damage dealers like Edge and Shadow. Its very cheap to used. All you need is a R1 SnowSpell Strike which is very easy to get.

Holy Crap.

Took Bartz USB to finish up the FF6 content last night to see if he's Record Dive worthy and holy crap its ridicules.

Basically entrust 1.5 meters on Bartz (He'll gain the other half)

EnWind SB (Little Damage) -> Cloud USB RW (Little damage) -> Bartz USB (Over 100K dmaage) -> SnowSpell Strike (over 200 K damage of 8 hits) (No Bosses actually survived to the 2nd SnowSpell strike)

I only have Bartz 3* spheres done and Goddess even had a 70 percent Wind Resist and no imperials.

The best part is that unlike other OP damage dealers like Edge and Shadow. Its very cheap to used. All you need is a R1 SnowSpell Strike which is very easy to get.

Yup. He is a beast. I don't have his en-wind unfortunatley, too bad that keeper or mog pull with it never came.... I took out goddess the same way but I imperiled her. Quick way to massacre something.

Jump Start CM was a little tough. I outfitted Bartz completely for fire damage to take down the Seeker quickly, which worked great, but once the Seeker was dead Bartz was dead weight. And it turns out Dark Dragon has a fuckton of HP. So the second part of the fight just dragged on and on with Ayame and Shantotto the only ones able to do significant damage against him. If I had to do this over again I would change my party up a bit, luckily I did get mastery though.

Father and Son Ice Team laughs at your Omni-resist Jump Start Boss!

BSB2 Squall, SSB Imperil Laguna, Wall Tyro, BSB Fran, USB Relm.

Dual Cast CMD2s = Dizamn! (Never got a triple cast, though).
Also, Relm's USB is amazing for Jump Starts like this. I didn't take too much damage, but the Party Insta-cast helped speed things up a bunch.

Question:
If Squall's BSB2 is used again before it ends, do the junctions remain or do they reset back to 0?

Jump Start CM was a little tough. I outfitted Bartz completely for fire damage to take down the Seeker quickly, which worked great, but once the Seeker was dead Bartz was dead weight. And it turns out Dark Dragon has a fuckton of HP. So the second part of the fight just dragged on and on with Ayame and Shantotto the only ones able to do significant damage against him. If I had to do this over again I would change my party up a bit, luckily I did get mastery though.

I ran into that same issue and had to regear my team a bit to not take seekerout as efficiently to give tools to take out the dragon.

ccbfan

Really struggling on Fujin vs Larsa for the selection.

Larsa is a super rare Support 5 Medica character and his BSB is Wraithable Astra Medica. The problem is that I already have a ton of medica BSBs. I have Iris, Vanille, Ysho, Relm, Eiko, Ovelia so I already have all the other top tier Medica BSBs and a Astra Medica BSB.

Fujin is a super rare Magic/Res debuff. Amazing for most content but terrible for Magicite with is the current end game. The wind buff sound interesting for my Bart USB team but I have a 6* Bartz usuable weapon for every realm except FF1, FF11, FF8, FF15. Is the wind buff worth using for non-FF8 content for my Bartz USB?

Xetherion

Larsa is a super rare Support 5 Medica character and his BSB is Wraithable Astra Medica. The problem is that I already have a ton of medica BSBs. I have Iris, Vanille, Ysho, Relm, Eiko, Ovelia so I already have all the other top tier Medica BSBs and a Astra Medica BSB.

Fujin is a super rare Magic/Res debuff. Amazing for most content but terrible for Magicite with is the current end game. The wind buff sound interesting for my Bart USB team but I have a 6* Bartz usuable weapon for every realm except FF1, FF11, FF8, FF15. Is the wind buff worth using for non-FF8 content for my Bartz USB?

Fujin's weapon is MAG focused, probably not ideal for Bartz.

Larsa is really great, but if you already have Iris, I would say it's not a high priority to get Larsa too. Go for Fujin.

MrDaravon

Still no idea which BSB I'm going to choose, but I went ahead and pulled and got a dupe Reno BSB and Minwu BSB which is new and actually seems pretty great? I only had his instant Medica before so I'll certainly take it for the realm synergy.

evangd007

- Japan announced no new XI event and Edea's BSB is in both VIII events upcoming, so I'm going to take Ayame off of the gem choice banner.

- Still don't know what I'm going to take off of the CT banner, but I'm leaning towards Sarah BSB now. Fujin and Larsa are both great, but again VIII and XII stuff come around far more often than I.

- Finished all the VI event content but d220 raid. Remember everyone, it ends tonight.

- From this fest I was able to max Relm. I think I'll be able to sub-30 Bismark if I use her in place of Vanille.

- I have 98 mythril currently and want to pull on the DU, FFXV, and FFII. Pretty sure I'll have enough. Then I'll save until December.

Lucky draw and fest relics:

Medicas:

Eiko BSB
Relm BSB
Lenna SSB/BSB
Larsa BSB
Yshtola BSB

The rest:

Cloud USB/BSB2
Bartz USB
Squall USB
Faris USB1
Firion OSB
Edea BSB (dupe)
Zidane BSB2
Golbez BSB
Ceodore BSB
Rydia BSB
Irvine BSB
Emperor BSB

I went back to master the FFV Torment 250/300 missions with Cloud USB/BSB, Bartz USB, Lenna, Faris and ramza

( •_•)>⌐□-□ (⌐□_□)

Now I need to beat the wind, earth and fire magicites.

Balphon

SP Omega is a little harder than MP since he doesn't give you free turns and it takes longer to get to stop phase.

His HP is really low for a megaboss, though. A rushdown strategy with Bismarck magicite for the extra turn worked for me.

ZangBa

One look at that XI Torment and nope. Not even going to try to CM that one. Maybe the JS, but not the D200, fuck that status spam nonsense. Larsa and Red XIII looking real good right now.

Iscariot

Spent the day merc'ing the Crystal Tower hard mode and the torment bosses. My Bartz is nigh perfect and completely butchered the 300 JS cm.

Also, the 200 CM for XI was much easier than I expected. I think I probably got lucky with the RNG status effects.

Tidd

Wow, I don't know what to pick...

Gem only banner:
OK (already have Rikku's USB but OK is an amazing character)
Maria (I don't really have a good earth BSB. Tifa's the only other one)
Snow (Ice armor! ice damage+ is so rare on physical gear)
Papalymo (have his OSB but I don't really need fire stuff, have a complete Steiner and Refia's BSB)

Now that I see this I should probably pick Maria's BSB. But OK. He's soo good for mage teams. I chased his BSB so many times and didn't get it and now I can pick it and I still hesitate.
We will get a DU(with FF III) before the pick up period ends, won't we? Maybe I will finally get it? Guess I should wait until then.

Falk

that puzzling face
Larsa's dive drops on the 20th in Japan. Just a couple weeks too late to be taken into consideration for the pick.

watch it be +mnd on white magic

MrDaravon

Been a busy week, I plan on sitting down this weekend post-orbfest and finally tackle Magicite dungeons, map out which elements I'm weak on which may dictate my CT relic pull choice etc.

I did take the advice given to me earlier in the thread and finally crafted/honed a bunch of 6* abilities. I'd never crafted anything other than Meltdown and Affliction Break at r1, and even missing out on a ton of crystals from skipping most of the A+/A++/Raid fights from the last several months I still managed to get Meltdown/Affliction Break to r2, then craft/hone Curada, Valigarmanda, Omega Drive and Snowspell Strike all up to r2. feelsgoodman.jpg

Curada at r2 doesn't really replace my current r3 Ultra Cure however. I was considering bringing both (Curada for more serious healing and Ultra Cure for Esuna/less serious purposes) but assuming I need both Protectga and Shellga in a fight my healer usually carries one of those so I run into issues there. Once I can get Curada up one more rank (I'm close, only need 4 Earth Crystals) I'll probably just bring that and swap in Ultra Cure for specific fights or something.

Czarcasm

So I did a last minute pull on the 6 banner and got Shadow's USB

Trying to decide who to Legend Dive, I've narrowed it down to this list (some aren't available yet)

Tyro (SG,BSB,OSB,USB 1/2)
Master (BSB)
Faris (BSB,USB1)
Terra (BSB,OSB)
Shadow (USB)
Cloud (BSB 1/2, OSB)
Zack (CSB)
Sephiroth (BSB 1/2,OSB)
Shelke (No Relics)
Tidus (BSB,OSB,USB)
Shantotto (SSB,BSB)
Vaan (BSB,OSB)
Lightning (BSB1,OSB,USB)
Vanille (BSB,USB)
Noel (BSB)
Y'shtola (SSII, SSB,BSB)
Papalymo (SSB,BSB)
Ramza (Shout,Chant,BSB,USB)

Already Dove:
P.Cecil (BSB1,OSB,USB)
Fujin (SSB,BSB)
Squall (BSB 1/2,USB)
Cid Raines (BSB,OSB)

Now that orbfest is done I decided to tackle the FF11 Torment. My only relics I have is Shantottos BSB and Curillas SSB. The 200 CM was by far the hardest. My first attempt the dragon had about 10 percent of his health left but my only ability left for damage was Shantottos BSB. I was curious to see if I could still win but then the game decides to crash and I lose all progress. After increasing hones it took a couple more attempts before things aligned and I won. 250/300 both were easy and I won on my first attempt.

Getting through the trash in the 200 I used Gaffgarion RM4. With Divine Cross Curilla soaked up all the damage while her counter drains hit for about 5000.

Here is my 200 CM team:

And my 300 CM team:

Lol. Soloed the entire event so far with Sephy (SSB+OSB combo). Cait Sith as RW for completion bonuses. I should probably somehow slot him in my main team.

Did my pull on the Crystal Tower and got 1/11 Thancred's BSB lol. I wasn't expecting my luck to be horrible lol.

No idea what relics to select. I have Minwu, Fujin,Y'shtola BSB. Is Beatrix or Orlandeau's BSB still good?

There is quite a few healing BSB's in there. Oh wow, Larsa's BSB is a debuff blink? That's pretty good and his cmd 1 isn't bad either. Hmm.

Top Bottom