• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

MrDaravon

Whoops my bad. Fail reading on my part.

Her USB isn't particularly special, considering the abilities she can use sans Lifesiphon all have reduced cast time (Celerity/Thief/Ninja).

Also her BSB is Instant Cast with reduced cast time Commands. It's a carbon copy of Vaan's, except it reduced ATK instead of MAG. So while it would make Lion a debuff stacking machine with her USB and BSB, it makes the other worthwhile effect of the USB (non-charge 2) redundant.

Ayame's BSB remains one of the few BSB's to survive powercreep, due to how self sufficient it is. Contested only by Squall's BSB2, she can reach soft cap all on her own with it on Mage teams and she also has a great LD if you are so inclined for that.

Can't go wrong with either really. But if you were to take a XI relic, Ayame > Lion.

That seems reasonable, looking at her BSB now it seems like she's just a physical (and better?) version of Edea's BSB which I do have. Out of curiosity why would you recommend getting that over Raines BSB though? People seem to make a big deal out of that one and from what little I've seen it does make it seem like he trivalizes two of the MD's.

MrDaravon

Wound up taking Larsa BSB for the mythril choice; digging around on reddit saw other people with almost the exact same setup/question as me and Y'shtola seems like maaaaybe the "safer" choice if she's fully LD (which she's not for me), but also many people pointed out Relm BSB can still ultimately get you through pretty much anything anyway. So Larsa seemed the better choice in terms of versatility if I needed to swap him in for a specific fight or whatever.

Pulled on the gem banner, went 1/11 Lightning BSB2 which is like my 4th copy of that, and picked Raines BSB, seemed way tot safe of an option to not just go ahead and grab his. The 1/11 dupe is pretty much exactly why I very rarely do gem pulls though -_-.

Not doing endgame content/Raids for months has kind of screwed me on being able to LD people though, so I'm not going to be able to LD Raines for a good while but that's just gravy I suppose.

Falk

that puzzling face
FWIW Jumpstarts rotate back, as do Torments and those are the majority earning for 5* motes.

(You're probably a little SOL for 4*s though from missed multiplayers - probably would be the bottleneck for a while)

MrDaravon

FWIW Jumpstarts rotate back, as do Torments and those are the majority earning for 5* motes.

(You're probably a little SOL for 4*s though from missed multiplayers - probably would be the bottleneck for a while)

Yeah, I've only done one or two Jumpstarts and literally one one Torment so I know I've got a good source there. When I was semi-burnt out on the game as well as too busy to dedicate any time to it I made sure to at least clear the MC3 portion of events and even though I missed out on Raids/A+ content I knew JS/Torments would loop back around so I could get to them later. Right now I'm sitting down to try to clear the CT on Hard then maybe see about the Omega stuff, and then start working on the Torments that are currently available.

4* Wisdom (I think?) motes are my hard chokepoint right now for sure, even being largely gone for a while I have literally thousands of the 3* motes, and I have 200+ of all of the other 4* motes but zero Wisdom motes. Okay game. I've got Vaan fully dived and I'm about 30% of the way on Bartz, I'll need to see if he overlaps with Raines or not. I hadn't decided on who to dive after Bartz, was leaning towards Cecil with his USB + Gaffgarion's RM4 but we'll see.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just tanked it and 4manned a sub30 because Cid BSB is hilarious.

Elarra's ATK/MAG/Haste really made a difference for me (have no OKBSB/Rikku USB) so I'm probably going to go round the element wheel to sub30 stuff. Previously only really tried for Sea Lion for Ice orbs.

edit: Holy Dragon protip:

The fight is just relentless AOE. There are no breaks whatsoever (well, a 3-target Holy spell hardly counts as a break). There's two subtle factors that help:
- none of the attacks are piercing, which is rare for high level content. Hence stacking res (dives, equipment, SBs) really helps
- Mist Form is 100% predictable. It lasts ~3secs and is a breather to catch up on healing or wraths/etc.

Mechanics of Mist form is it triggers either:
On turn 6 if >80%
On turn 8 if >40%
Otherwise on turn 10

Put another way,
Mist form is
a 3-sec breather at ~15s if >80% hp
OR
a 3-sec breather at ~20s if >40% hp
OR
a 3-sec breather at ~25s if not dead

Anticipating and using it to heal up is 100% doable, - kept it above 40% hp at ~20s for a healing break for the first few sub-30s clears.

Wasn't pretty, but all Magicites cleared. I attempted a Galuf tanks Black Fang strat. Still needs some fine tuning. :) Raines was the ONLY DPS for the entire fight.

Zxgoh0D.png

hesho

holy hell..

is it actually possible to do omega weapon without having any LD chars? It is destroying me and i don't have a clue as to what to do now. I know i have the SB's that ppl mention they do it with but i just get slaughtered by him so fast...

Xetherion

You have to Stop Omega as soon as it goes below 50% health, and keep it stopped. Once it drops below 50% it becomes so fast it can get off 3 actions before you can take 1.

Use healers with high MND that can also cast Stop.

hesho

i can't even get that far...

i generally die in about 20 seconds with 2 healers as it is..

i should mention that i have only finished 2 magicites as well using radiant shield turtling but that won't work here..

I finished the MP omega by H&R all 3 times but i don't have that option here.

Xetherion

Sounds like you don't have Wall. Bring Wall. RW it if you have to.

Edit: Also, use KO resist accessories. Omega often uses an aoe move that will miss a lot if you have KO resist.

hesho

i do.......

my setup is

cloud > lifesiphon, hailstorm - usb, bsb 2 | thunder god thingy
ramza > full break, wrath - shout, chant | mako's might
tyro > wrath, shellga - SG | dr mog
selphie > curaja, stop - usb | ace striker
rosa > ultra cure, protecga - usb | knight's charge

my rw i was trying was cloud's usb to save myself a stock of sb.

yup, 3 of them has major resist accessory and the other 2 as moderate to ko.

Kenai

Mind Breakdown can increase Stop duration a bit too. Also if you have the Bismarck summon (?) it blocks some of the Rays dmg

hesho

my dmg is shit...

i generally will die after 2 x LS and hailstorm and then i would use RW on cloud... i have yet to actually survive after this point...

the 2 healers never have enough time to even get a soul break bar to cast anything...

my plan after using RW on cloud was to do bsb 2 and them spam cmd 1 but i just can't get there fast enough. I should mention the only magicite dungeon i have beaten is living flame and sealion and i have zero characters full dived.

Kenai

Put the SB bar starters on Tyro and Ramza to get SG and Shout up asap. Your SG has to get up immediately in every fight where it's relevant or you will die, plan and simple. Put Pro/Shell up later if needed but SG/SS and Haste have to be up at all times, always.

Put a second Wrath and something like Ace Striker on Rosa so she can USB by turn 3. Have Selphie curebomb until then. Then start the Cloud thing after that.

Rubenov

my dmg is shit...

i generally will die after 2 x LS and hailstorm and then i would use RW on cloud... i have yet to actually survive after this point...

the 2 healers never have enough time to even get a soul break bar to cast anything...

my plan after using RW on cloud was to do bsb 2 and them spam cmd 1 but i just can't get there fast enough. I should mention the only magicite dungeon i have beaten is living flame and sealion and i have zero characters full dived.

Watch out with Hailstorm. I sometimes don't use it unless I'm confident on my defenses... that RES down can wreck many a character.

While everyone is doing Magicite stuff (which I still need to figure out at all) I am concentrating on crushing my straggling Nightmares one by one.
Omega Drive fell to an amazing string of luck. First OK's OSB Critted launching him into phase 3 and Sephy was endarked with his SSB just in time for his OSB to do 70k damage on the boss even with dark resist.
Quadruple Foul fell fairly easily but I had to look up the strategy after the first horrific fail. Very technical.

I am 3 Black Crystals away from honing Meltdown to R2 which is my goal. I planned on going for Valigarmanda next but seeing how chasing Alphi's BSB (or any Summon Ether SB) is simply not panning out I am giving up on the idea. Instead, I looked at my Crystals and decided (maybe rashly) on these two:

1. Create Omega Drive
2. Create and hone Dervish (now at 8x hits after the buff) to R2.

Trying it out, Dervish has some amazing damage when paired with Noctis's USB (which boosts non-elemental damage). Could see a lot of use considering a lot of bosses seem to be omniresist lately.

Now I only have to do Valigarmanda and Affliction Break. And I attempted Valigarmanda months ago last. Summon hones are a bitch.

hesho

ah screw it... too damn frustrating with the paralyze or whatever... and stop not hitting blah blah blah blah

actually.. its more... omega gets 3 turns WHILE i am casting stop... REALLY?!?!!

for that matter.. how the heck are ppl stop locking him? stop wears out before the same white mage even gets her action...

WarAdept

ah screw it... too damn frustrating with the paralyze or whatever... and stop not hitting blah blah blah blah

actually.. its more... omega gets 3 turns WHILE i am casting stop... REALLY?!?!!

for that matter.. how the heck are ppl stop locking him? stop wears out before the same white mage even gets her action...

Omega has ~650 Mind at phase 2 IIRC. Stop lasts 4 secs with equal mind, so you're going to need some Mind buffs along with Mind Breakdown for Stop to take any meaningful impact with one Stop user.

Falk

that puzzling face
Mind Breakdown should buy you almost 3 seconds on its own. If you have a Sagega BSB (ideally heal) that buys another 3 seconds, which bumps the stop time to over two turn cycles.

edit: It really is still an RNGfest and the offset is you only need it to work once and be done with the fight.

2/11 on Crystal Tower. Dupe Rosa SSB and a Cloud BSB!

It was the 1st Fusion Sword!

whee!

Ended up taking Fujin's BSB. Was down to that, Beatrix's BSB, or Larsa's BSB

ultra7k

those raids for Dissida were something else.

Lol, had one raid leader last night who revived the party twice with 20% offence boost to clear through the last one. It almost seems like you need to burn a Last Stand SB right at the start of the fight just in case.

The first raid, I guess I joined a good team that was pure dark damage with a dark chain - wrecked anything and everything before it even had a chance.

The lag was ridiculous though, My Raines on Instacast sat for a few turns while the system caught up - it was pretty funny.

Also cleared Shadow Dragon Magicite after fully diving Beatrix - she is a monster with Knight Doublecast, that thing procs way more than any other double cast LM I've seen so far.

WarAdept

Also cleared Shadow Dragon Magicite after fully diving Beatrix - she is a monster with Knight Doublecast, that thing procs way more than any other double cast LM I've seen so far.

Should be 35% which would be in line with other LM2 percentages. LMR's are 25% IIRC.

I think Vivi has the highest chance at dualcast under Trance mode at 50%.

I really should dive Beatrix, considering I have her SSBs/BSB and LMR. (and going with the whole "LD all FFIX characters" thing I'm doing), but those Spirit Motes are valueable.

Dark magicite is so obnoxious. My fingers arent as swift as they used to be for quick presses. I can avoid the fang but it takes a few runs to get it just right with cids bsb and OSB (thanks banner 5 for the OSB).

Now the mist dragon I can roll under 30s really easily using cid and vayne. I thought vaynes OSB would be useless when I pulled it in the six star pull and now it's highly useful. Vayne for magic in that combo. Glad I r3d dark zone eons ago.

evangd007

So my first 10ish tries on Omega Apex were a complete waste because I didn't know it had 80% break resist. I'll need to RW wall. Thinking about this:

Healer 1 - Vanille - BSB, legend dive
Healer 2 - Relm or Eiko USB. Have to decide between stoneskin/nocharge and last stand
Support - Ramza shout
DPS - Vaan or Bartz or Lightning. All legend dive. Leaning towards Bartz.
Flex - Curilla USB for extra buffs and radiant shield or another dps from above.

Am I thinking with the right head here?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So with FFRK central closing down at the end of the month the creator is going into detail about datamining. No source codes or anything like that but lots of neat backend stuff nobody normally gets to see:
https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/201...-farewell-post
I wasn't paying attention to this at all but it's crazy that he basically had bots playing the game constantly just to mine all that data.

I was just thinking about what happens when a fansite just shuts down like this and whether or not the community will lose the information since he decided to wipe his site entirely rather than pass it on and open it up. I guess you just have to deal with whatever archive.org saves, but obviously, all that tech and knowledge is just gone.

Also lol:
As I'm writing this, my bots have a total of 200,371 Mythril and 155,338,152,745 gil between themselves.
I wonder what that represents in terms of the total economy of the Global server.

----

Man, don't have the deeps to beat Squall, even with an all mage imperil dark team. Being forced to fight bosses without mitigation feels bad. :(

ZangBa

What the fuck at this MP. Just nonstop attack spam, it never ends. I use an instant cast heal but Zidane not only attacks first he does another attack after somehow along with the other 2 assholes.

wow, I just lucked into a pug group on stage II with raines, seph and exdeath (imperil) 2 healers (relm bsb, ysh bsb) and me with tyro (wall) and yuna (usb). that was a walkover, frankly.

now for the tedium of the torment 250....

Falk

that puzzling face
The MP battles have % triggers. On top of their rather ludicrous speed and MP lag people often are triggering and facetanking AOE attacks.

IIRC Stage 1 220 has a bunch of straight-out damage AOE triggers (which hurt), whereas Stage 2 220 has more buff triggers.

Kain

Finally LD Raines and yep, he's a monster. Melted Mist dragon with only him and Shadow as dps under 35 seconds, I need to try to get it under 30...

Now I'll try a similar team (Raines, Lenna, Yuna, OK + somebody else) but with a holy guy, I'm thinking WOL (USB) or maybe even Celes with her BSB2. Does Runic do something in this fight?

And yes, this MP was hard as fuck. I solo'd it with just expert and it was a royal pain, specially the stupid monkey.

If I already have y’shtola’s burst, Orlandeau’s burst, terra, Fujin and aerith’s burst. What is the next best one to pull from the crystal tower draw?

I’m leaning Beatrix because I have her OSB and a bunch of her SSBs. But I want to see what everyone else thinks before I pull.

Is there any way to beat Fenrir if I have no real viable Ice-based SBs?

Good luck. High hones of ice abilities, there are a ton of them thankfully. Valigarmanda if you have alphinaud bsb. Turtle mode with damage reflect?

If I already have y’shtola’s burst, Orlandeau’s burst, terra, Fujin and aerith’s burst. What is the next best one to pull from the crystal tower draw?

I’m leaning Beatrix because I have her OSB and a bunch of her SSBs. But I want to see what everyone else thinks before I pull.

Choose to fill synergy or improve a character. If you have Beatrix OSB, I'd probably go bsb to boost her stats and then feed her entrust bars. Imperil followed by OSB is going to be great.

Silexx

Good luck. High hones of ice abilities, there are a ton of them thankfully. Valigarmanda if you have alphinaud bsb. Turtle mode with damage reflect?

No Damage reflect, sadly, but I do have Alphinaud's BSB and USB. Would it be worth using his USB in the rotation, or just save SB gauge for his BSB and spam, Vali?

FF6 D200 CM. Locke's imperil followed by spamming Terra OSB made pretty short work of this.

D250. No interesting strat, just ignore adds and burn him down as fast as possible with Butz and Refia's fancy fire stuff.

D300 Jump Start. Poor Celes, she's used to being the star of the team, but here she was kind of a third wheel, only present to fulfill the CM requirement and contribute a couple of Flaming Twinstrikes. Locke's BSB was awesome here because in addition to the fire imperil, a quick CMD1 fulfilled the medal requirements for debuffing.

Top Bottom