• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Kenai

2/11

Exdeath SSB - Eh... I mean, it's something I don't have.
Luneth OSB - This is a rather nice pull considering I have his BSB.

Luneth and Sephiroth are probably my strongest DPS's right now. Yet (call me crazy) they still probably won't replace Cecil and Refia (both BSB) in my A-team.

Like, my Cecil has his age old BSB but he is such a reliable character (knight skills) that I rarely have any need to replace him. I mean, I only sometimes beat an Apocalypse match and I already figured Torments are just too much of a hassle. Nightmare dungeons are my current level.

Do you have a character you just prefer using despite having more/better stuff for other ones?

I like using Gladio and Maria a lot even though I have no imperil earth so my (stacked af) holy team is almost always better. They aren't even close to bad (both have BSB + OSB and Gladio has last stand too) but I love that earth duo.

WarAdept

Thanks VI torment

02iKSvZl.jpg

That makes 6.

Zidane
Vivi
Steiner
Cloud
Shadow
Noctis

Xetherion

Alright FFRK gaf, i don't want to LD more than one healer so i want your opinions on which healer to LD. I know I want to LD a healer with a dualcast WHT LM2, 3 of which i have bursts for.

Sarah: Cura entry with party mblink and a self MND/RES buff, cmd1 is insta-Curaga + Major Regen. Has access to Allegro Con Moto. She doesn't have Wrath access, and her LD isn't available yet (should be out within next month or two though)

Vanille: instant Curaga entry plus self MND buff, but cmd1 is a RES breakdown attack instead of a ST heal. Does not have Wrath access.

Y'shtola: Curaga entry plus party Stoneskin, cmd1 is insta-Curaja. Has Wrath access, which could be important as i also have her wall, proshellga super, and esuna medica too.

WarAdept

Alright FFRK gaf, i don't want to LD more than one healer so i want your opinions on which healer to LD. I know I want to LD a healer with a dualcast WHT LM2, 3 of which i have bursts for.

Sarah: Cura entry with party mblink and a self MND/RES buff, cmd1 is insta-Curaga + Major Regen. Has access to Allegro Con Moto. She doesn't have Wrath access, and her LD isn't available yet (should be out within next month or two though)

Vanille: instant Curaga entry plus self MND buff, but cmd1 is a RES breakdown attack instead of a ST heal. Does not have Wrath access.

Y'shtola: Curaga entry plus party Stoneskin, cmd1 is insta-Curaja. Has Wrath access, which could be important as i also have her wall, proshellga super, and esuna medica too.

Sarah or Vanille.

Allegro Con Motto is great, the new upcoming Bard songs are no joke and having Sarah potentially Medica on top of their effects is good. Keep in mind you'll have to chase her LMR for this effect.

Vanilles BSB is old tech, but it doesn't matter as time and time again, instant cast Medicas have been proven invaluable for all endgame content. Also let's her Wallbreak while healing if you get her LMR.

Both of the above support the current speed meta much better than Yshtola.

Yshtola is wasted overheal extreme. And bubble sucks.

What's the expiration on Daily Mission rewards like?

Do I need to grab them every day or they disappear into the void?

Yes, you need to grab them every day.

Xetherion

:nowall:

edit: yes, the OKBSB thingoo.

I just tanked it and 4manned a sub30 because Cid BSB is hilarious.

Sorry to keep bugging you Falk, but can i get a break down of how you did this? I've been trying to replicate this feat but Shadow Dragon is destroying me. Even with Raines LD, 40% +holy gear, +30% dmg RM, Memento Mori, VoF, and Raines' own MAG/DEF buff and burst mode, he's not able to take down Shadow Dragon by 30 seconds. He's doing ~6.7k/hit.

I also have Beatrix with 40% +holy gear with OSB, but without enHoly and only VoF buff her OSB only does 38k.

Sorry to keep bugging you Falk, but can i get a break down of how you did this? I've been trying to replicate this feat but Shadow Dragon is destroying me. Even with Raines LD, 40% +holy gear, +30% dmg RM, Memento Mori, VoF, and Raines' own MAG/DEF buff and burst mode, he's not able to take down Shadow Dragon by 30 seconds. He's doing ~6.7k/hit.

I also have Beatrix with 40% +holy gear with OSB, but without enHoly and only VoF buff her OSB only does 38k.

I can pull it off after a few reloads but I have both bsb and OSB and 30 extra mag from other relic masteries. I use cid with gathering storm rm.

Do you have a healer with a mag boost? One of the mag/mind boosters?

WarAdept

Falk's SD sub 30 run

Other things that might help.

He's using Elara's 2nd power, Fabula Raider. (OK BSB clone)

Imperil Holy provided by Agrias (since no Holy Magicite provides Imperil holy).

His Hope, from what I remember from his posts/Discord, is fully kitted out and provides substantial DPS alongside Raines. Most likely the biggest candidate for Thunder Gods Might.

Xetherion

Other things that might help.

He's using Elara's 2nd power, Fabula Raider. (OK BSB clone)

Imperil Holy provided by Agrias (since no Holy Magicite provides Imperil holy).

His Hope, from what I remember from his posts/Discord, is fully kitted out and provides substantial DPS alongside Raines. Most likely the biggest candidate for Thunder Gods Might.

Yeah, i think his Hope is probably the biggest difference. I actually have Hope's OSB, just tried replacing Beatrix with him and his OSB was an improvement, 52k damage. I don't have his enHoly BSB that Falk has though...

Shadow780

I still need to clear 3rd anniversary content, time is not on my side. How viable is retaliate strategy against solo Raid Omega with Cloud Ultra?

Did the lucky pull. 8th 1/11 Goddamnit.

Wait. A disco.

Goddamn! Chicken knife! This after 1/11 Rikku USB on the last pull, I'm like the luckiest unlucky person around. I've been needing a good FF5 DD relic for so long and the game's been stingy. I'm already pretty set for 7 and 3.

evangd007

Finally got around to finishing off the FFV Torment. I think I hate the d200 and d250 Torments purely because of the trash. They're not terribly threatening, but it's just a huge time sink to efficiently kill those things while preserving hones.

Oh, and I also polished off Apex Omega with Lightning, Bartz, Vanille, Eiko, and Ramza. Had only Bartz and Vanille left at the end with 1% health from last stand.

Falk

that puzzling face

Since switched Beatrix to Larsa for Wrath since her contribution is minimal. I've got Hope running BSB1 and OSB for much more stable clears now but prior to that it was massive reloadfest till Cid procced enough dualcasts.

Xetherion

Got my first sub 30!

Had to beat Shadow Dragon once to unlock Fabula Raider (Elarra VoF clone).

With that RW i was able to replace OK with Larsa, which gives me 2 healers so 1 can be sacrificed. Party was:

Relm, Shellga, Curada, DMT, USB
Beatrix, Divine Cross, Guardbringer, Gathering Storm, BSB (used BSB over OSB to imperil to increase Cid's damage)
Raines, Memento Mori, unused, Scholar's Boon, BSB
Pecil, Protectga, Saint Cross, Azure Blade BSB/OSB (never got to use OSB, might switch Azure Blade for Ace Striker)
Larsa, Wrath, Entrust, MM, BSB

RW Fabula Raider, Magicite Enkidu

Turn 1 everyone casts buffs, Beatrix RW, Larsa entrusts Raines, Beatrix DC.
Turn 2 Relm uses Ultra to give party noncharge, Pecil SC, Raines BSB, Beatrix GB, Larsa Wrath.
Turn 3 and on, damage dealers spam damage, use SBs when available, healers heal. Enkidu used when needed. If Raines dualcasts his first cmd1, I actually avoid Black Fang.

On my sub 30 clear Raines didn't dualcast, but Black Fang hit Larsa so I just kept going, finished at 28.86!

Not consistent due to RNG of dualcasts/Black Fang, but feels good to finally get one. Probably gonna farm Shadow Dragon a few more times then try to sub 30 Mist Dragon.

WarAdept

wups, I meant Agrias, not Beatrix

(same difference)

One has a beautifully haunting theme song, the other doesn't.

Beatrix > Agrias.

EDIT: Whelp that didn't take long

Bartz BSB5 - 8xST Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, EnFire, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 4xST Fire/Non-ele physical dmg
Cmd 2 - 3xST Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, self Spellblade Dmg++ 3

DeNA loves Butz

Literal copypasta of his BSB4 but Fire.

ccbfan

Ended up picking Larsa over Fujin.

My wind team is already good. Have Bartz USB/enWind, Luneth USB,Cloud USB/OSB, so the chances I would use a magical wind team is pretty low.

A Medica BSB on a Wrath/Entruster is just too good.

2 csbs possible in one pull, I have 65 mythril will give it a shot, though since I took Sarah's bsb as the free choice that is going to be super annoying. ..

Matoya bsb
Warrior bsb shield
Garland Ssb axe

So three new relics, two new bsbs including a +holy shield.

Pretty good pull for not getting one of the chains. May pull again towards November even though I now have six of the banner relics.

My characters at this point are stacked so I'm pulling for synergy or chains.

Edit:. Ok so garlands csb not in the pool. Ouch. Still may pull again, that holy chain would be great.

Falk

that puzzling face
***ALERT ALERT***

Crystal Tower and Gem pull rewards reverted to JP. No idea if they'll be fixed back before they expire, and/or if compensation will be given.

ccbfan

***ALERT ALERT***

Crystal Tower and Gem pull rewards reverted to JP. No idea if they'll be fixed back before they expire, and/or if compensation will be given.

LOL its a good thing I decided on Larsa or I would have been pissed this morning seeing Fujin gone.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, who could have known, and people waiting generally would have waited on both, which makes it a 50-50 crapshoot whether two things you wanted weren't both previously selectable together and now are, or vice versa.

Were these renewal dungeons in Japan as well? Apparently I never beat U+ Chaos from that FFI event. Wonder if Vossler is too old these days as that was one I could not beat back in the day and of course others wonder about the parade float.

Also Crystal tower etc closes today and I nearly forgot to do the 1 stamina dungeons for Tyro USB2.

Red's ultra also gives Haste. It's really good for physical teams.
I missed that as for some reason I thought astra was enough of a perk. Good to know.

***ALERT ALERT***

You mean instead of grabbing Fujin I could have had Edgar for that sweet en-poison AoE OSB combo...which is probably never going to be useful.

Though if there is an apology re-selection I'd probably go Larsa or Sarah or something.

So the renewal dungeons are literally just called copy paste of dungeons that have been released, so nothing new for old players. Great for new ones though. I was expecting something for the old timers.

Weirdly there are no cid missions for these, so I guess they aren't exactly the same.

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering the copy/paste job mistakes you'd probably have gotten Cid missions for FFX-2 or something anyway

Pejo

Hey guys, quick question - How do you unlock Magicite? I have seen the slots at the bottom of my party menu, but I can't figure it out. When I click it, it says to "unlock in Magicite dungeons". When I look at the screen, the Nightmare stuff says Nightmare & Magicite Dungeons, but when I go in, it's only the Nightmare stuff to make the 6* skills. What am I missing here?

Hey guys, quick question - How do you unlock Magicite? I have seen the slots at the bottom of my party menu, but I can't figure it out. When I click it, it says to "unlock in Magicite dungeons". When I look at the screen, the Nightmare stuff says Nightmare & Magicite Dungeons, but when I go in, it's only the Nightmare stuff to make the 6* skills. What am I missing here?

I have yet to unlock them either but I've read that Magicite dungeons unlock when you beat all Nightmares.

Pejo

Thanks! Looks like it's finally time to dig into these Nightmare things then. I've clearly been putting them off for quite a while.

Which ones are the most worthwhile skills to create? I know Affliction Break is pretty good, anything else?

Falk

that puzzling face
Just wanted to say that I've had my fair share of criticism for this game being a hodgepodge of barely-related fad-of-the-month systems but it's massively tightened up in the past six months or so.

It's legitimately enjoyable with a progression path that's not solely saving mythril and blowing it on banners anymore.

there's still a lot of that don't get me wrong

Tidd

I dropped the game for a few months before the a fest so I hope the renewal include some dungeons from that time.
At least I didn't beat Chaos Shrine of Yore so that's one mythril. Hey better than nothing. :)

Oh FF IX event probably one day before my birthday? Or for me on my birthday? That has to be fate!

Xetherion

Thanks! Looks like it's finally time to dig into these Nightmare things then. I've clearly been putting them off for quite a while.

Which ones are the most worthwhile skills to create? I know Affliction Break is pretty good, anything else?

Meltdown, Curada, Valigarmanda, Omega Drive. Dervish if you have any good Celerity users.

Some people used to use Northern Cross, haven't heard anyone say anything about it in a long time though. Don't know if it's still considered good.

Edit: Removed Lifebane, that comes from Job Motes, not Nightmare.

They're pretty easy at this point tbh. Just look up what the trick/puzzle is for each one. But you can brute force a lot of it since they're so old now.

Valigarmanda is still annoying to me though. I can't beat it for the life of me. Summon hones are a bitch to deal with and lower level summons are just too weak for damage output.

I am half considering skipping it until we get the new ability overhaul.

Credo

I had considered going with the gem banner and had waited until the last day to make a decision, but now I don't know what to do with the rewards changing. Is there (or was there) a few relics that were considered useful for just about everyone, or does it depend purely on what elements you already have?

Indignate

Valigarmanda is still annoying to me though. I can't beat it for the life of me. Summon hones are a bitch to deal with and lower level summons are just too weak for damage output.

I am half considering skipping it until we get the new ability overhaul.

Have you tried running a RW Alph BSB team? I believe I just had Shiva, Ifrit, and Levaithan honed at R2 when I did this, one on each of the three that I didn't have RW the BSB.

Have you tried running a RW Alph BSB team? I believe I just had Shiva, Ifrit, and Levaithan honed at R2 when I did this, one on each of the three that I didn't have RW the BSB.

I did. The problem is that I don't have a magic boost+haste combo. My Alphi has the reflect SSB for some damage increase but still. I'll try a few stuff.

Balphon

I had considered going with the gem banner and had waited until the last day to make a decision, but now I don't know what to do with the rewards changing. Is there (or was there) a few relics that were considered useful for just about everyone, or does it depend purely on what elements you already have?

I believe Vaan, Firion, & Lion are all still there if you just want things that aren't primarily useful for their elemental damage.

Raines is still there, too, and his has utility apart from being a good holy/dark damage SB.

What a wild update. I'll finally get my revenge on Parade Float.

And I'm hoping that these errors with the Gem and Crystal Tower banners means they'll let everyone draw again...

Sadly no Meia event yet, (probably a bit too soon considering she was just added to Mobius) but happy to see the Bra⭐️Bra events will finally be coming our way.

evangd007

3/11 - Noctis BSB, Iris BSB, Prompto LMR

Didn't get the stuff I really wanted, that being Prompto USB and Noctis SSB, but quantity is good. Also got a status blink, so I don't feel so bad about picking Sarah BSB off the choice instead of Larsa.

Decided to do a pull as I want to build a good physical lightning team.

Noctis BSB
Noctis LMR

Not too disappointed with the pull even though I struck out on lightning relics. I had zero FF15 synergy so this will help out a lot. Dual cast combat will also pair nice with my R3 Omega Drive. Not sure if I want to dive Noctis without his SSB.

Top Bottom