• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

3/11, Prompto SSB and LMR, Aranea SSB. Didn't get anything i really wanted and now i have 4 possible dupes on the banner, too many to risk pulling again. Bah.

This update is cool, but I wish they gave us a couple of days per realm. I'm sure I have some events I skipped through my six months hiatus.
My understanding is renewal closes on 5th November (despite it saying 31st December) so Typo, Tactics or XV (whichever is last) will have about a week to complete but everything stays open until the end (well the disclaimer says duration can change at any notice). You might need some Mythril refreshing if it is a lot of events.

The events and relics pages are going to be a bit of a nightmare (if you thought the lucky nightmare draws were bad you aint seen nothing yet)

They fixed the selection banners and extended duration

Compensation is a second bonus relic! Bonus pool is combined from before/after changes

Shit, gem pull is a lot more tempting now...

This is awesome. Chose COD BSB from the Crystal Tower selection because it was the only good one left I didn't have.

The other selection is tougher... There's lots of good ones. Right now I'm thinking Papalymo.

WarAdept

Fuck I don't know what to choose on CT.

Debating Kain or Fujin.

I have Kains OSB and will help for Bismark sub 30.

Fujin is +wind and will also help for Golem sub 30.

I've never spent more than 100 gems, but gem banner looks so tasty right now.

Someone help

Test me please:

What are the best fire and earth imperils in these lists?

Locke?
Galuf
Thancred

Wait, are there earth imperils- here?
Do these even matter so much in the post magigicite era?

Or do I go
Refia
Firion
Ayame
Tidus
Lulu

I picked Fujin for CT, and was trying to decide between Fujin and Larsa before.

But now, Larsa or Kain? Beatrix is tempting for a good FF9 sword but I have Agrias's BSB already which pretty much does the same thing.

WarAdept

Test me please:

What are the best fire and earth imperils in these lists?

Locke?
Galuf
Thancred

Wait, are there earth imperils- here?
Do these even matter so much in the post magigicite era?

Or do I go
Refia
Firion
Ayame
Tidus
Lulu

Imperils are still quite important, especially of aiming for sub 30.

I sure as hell can't sub 30 Fire/Ice if I don't Imperil them.

Good point. Who would fit best into a fire team of Locke, galuf, thancred. Galuf and Locke can life siphon and thancred bsb is physical which doesn’t jive with ninja magic optimally. Leaning galuf, I have his ssb invincibility thing, lock I have his old ssb.both lock and galuf seem to have similar fire abilities available.

Hmm

Picked Fujin the first time. Now I'm debating between Sarah, Y'shtola, Orlandeau or CoD.

Sarah is a rare burst medica w/ magic blink. Y'shtola would be a XIV medica + bubble. Flipside for both is that I already have LD Vanille BSB, Yuna BSB2, Larsa BSB, Eiko BSB/USB, Relm USB/LM and Aerith USB/BSB. For Sarah I do have her Haste+Medica SSB for CMs.

Orlandeau I have his OSB, so I could combo that with the burst to reduce the long cast times. Would that provide better DPS vs simple OSB spam?

I've heard CoD is good for Holy and Dark magis, but I already have Radiant Shield via Alph's SSB.

Thoughts?

Falk

that puzzling face

I think it's more of imperils are pretty far down on the list of things to use an SB gauge on.

An SB gauge is potentially:

- A Hastega/Wall (completing what you aren't RWing from Elarra)

- Another party DPS buff (which should be a 50%-100% partywide DPS gain more or less)

- A BSB entry (generally 2x damage or more on a character, esp attaches)

- A USSB entry (generally 2-2.5x damage or more on a character)

- A chain (20% more damage + field effect)

- A shot of 99999 damage

- An astra/blink if required

Compared to all that, the first stack of an Imperil is a ~13% DPS gain (150 vuln ->170% vuln)

It's great if it's incidental, e.g. on Lightning BSB2 which already is massive DPS both on entry on commands. Given a fair choice between everything else though, they're really crippled from starting at 150% and limited tool choices to bring due to party slots, where virtually every other choice that matters would be a bigger DPS increase.

Ironically if you have something broken like Terra USB/OSB and a bunch of entrustbots, a fire imperil on the 50% resist Magicites skyrockets her DPS to where she can sub-30 those even fighting uphill.

Kenai

Since I really wanted Sabin's BSB that is what I will get now. Trying to decide between Sarah, Minwu, CoD and Vanille for the other. Pretty glad they did this, might do a paid pull as a result.

ccbfan

Orlandeau I have his OSB, so I could combo that with the burst to reduce the long cast times. Would that provide better DPS vs simple OSB spam?

I like his OSB->BSB combo since it times well with Bartz EnWind->USB

My A team right now is basically

TGCid (OSB, BSB) - DPS
Bartz (USB, Enwind) - DPS
Ramza (Shout, Cheer) - Buffer/Enrtuster
Healer - Whichever BSB fits best
Tyro (Wall) - Support/Entruster

RW Cloud

TGCID basically goes charge 1 meter, OSB->Cloud USB->BSB ->spam C1. Times well with Bartz going EnWind->Cloud USB->USB->SnowSpell Strike.

evangd007

I think I get Noctis BSB now. Unlike other BSBs, you are not supposed to just spam commands, but use them as support for your other abilities.

Now I have decision paralysis for these choice banners again:

- Tower: Fujin or Yuna. Larsa is out because I got Iris BSB on FFXV. Fujin is probably the right choice, but Yuna is waifu and 10 is one of just three realms without a medica. Somehow I've never been Chaos Rod whammied.

- Gem: I still could use some Ice relics so Edea and possibly Lulu are still in the running. Refia is also good to shore up my fire.

Falk

that puzzling face
Somehow I've never been Chaos Rod whammied

i died for your sins

IeQMryk.jpg

Kain

That was a nice surprise. Picked Maria's and Fujin. First earth something and now my wind team is even more ridiculous.

Picked Kain BSB on my first pick (wanted it forever) then Fujin BSB now (also chased it but got Empy BSB in the meantime so it wasn't as necessary).

I actually debated between Fujin and Minwu. I don't have a WHM SB for FFII and I got Maria's BSB and OSB in the last few draws. I don't regret it though as I have a complete Fujin now (my first completed character). Lol.

I think I get Noctis BSB now. Unlike other BSBs, you are not supposed to just spam commands, but use them as support for your other abilities.

Now I have decision paralysis for these choice banners again:

- Tower: Fujin or Yuna. Larsa is out because I got Iris BSB on FFXV. Fujin is probably the right choice, but Yuna is waifu and 10 is one of just three realms without a medica. Somehow I've never been Chaos Rod whammied.

- Gem: I still could use some Ice relics so Edea and possibly Lulu are still in the running. Refia is also good to shore up my fire.
Larsa and Yshtola having access to wrath allows them to use their bursts very frequently. However, Iris is a compromise between those two. I find myself in a similar situation (but regarding medica I already chose Fujin for my first pick) also thinking Larsa could be useful but I have two good astra sources (one of which can yes, wrath).

Ayame is a possibility as she is also en-Ice with short cast CMD1 and attack boost entry and CMD2. However, Lulu is a +Ice armour.

Still thinking about gem pull and for me and I'm in a similar situation of my Ice relics being absolutely dire. I'm also peeking at +water armour (Paine and Quinna).

Debating between Yuna and Kain for my second pull. I already have a Mag/Mind boost with Porom as well as Yuna's USB. Is it worth getting her BSB if you have her USB? If not then I'll go with Kain.

Iscariot

Larsa and Yshtola having access to wrath allows them to use their bursts very frequently. However, Iris is a compromise between those two. I find myself in a similar situation (but regarding medica I already chose Fujin for my first pick) also thinking Larsa could be useful but I have two good astra sources (one of which can yes, wrath).

To throw this into the debate, I'm pretty sure Iris is the tankiest of all the white mages by a fair margin. FWIW.

Negator

Holy shit this is amazing lol. What a nice surprise.

The second choice is proving to be way harder than the first. I have NFI what I want.

Will the holdouts on the gem banner be swayed now?

Tidd

Woah 2nd choice? I had exactly two relics on each banner that I wanted. This is amazing. Gonna pick Yuna's BSB2 and Maria's BSB.

So regarding the whole dungeon rewards eventually changing finally a table of differences for this update:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fRb9CYZL_tmdIj88M5UNPSuJQp56tWRqFmvXcWd6vcI/edit#gid=0
In terms of having 800 dungeons done (in Japan when the rewards got changed there were rewards handed out to those who had done a certain amount of dungeons, 800 was the highest tier). I believe if you were up to date you do have to do some dungeons including this update. There isn't really a right answer in what to do. More max stamina has a use (it'll have less use for some though) as does more orbs later. Worth nothing that Last floor 2 and 3 FFV elite are unchanged.

Personally I'm keen on keeping the roadmap open so normal III+V (I'm assuming VII-CC only unlocks VII-CC) then the two elites I mentioned. 7/10 stamina shards. I'm not going to go crazy and deliberately get novice so I don't master as that sounds like more hassle than it's worth (plus you're pissing away half stamina as you have to redo the dungeon later one).

Will the holdouts on the gem banner be swayed now?
I'm swaying for those elusive Cid claws (though I'm far from short of good mages to dive, e.g. all the trance mode ones) but no idea what second pick would be. I need to think over it for a few days.

Its a non-trial amount and a bit annoying as I'll probably be adding in 300 gems at a time (or going full leviathan) as those are the best value options (buying 3000 gems costs more than 30x100).

Bonus Relics, eh!? Crystal Tower Gem banner was the first paid 11 pull I did. Got Cloud USB and chose Cid Raines BSB. Another Solid relic on top of that? Thanks DeNA!

ultra7k

Very nice suprise! Wasn't expecting this, was hoping for mythril compensation but this is better.

Ended up grabbing Y'shtola burst and Bartz water BSB.

evangd007

Ayame is a possibility as she is also en-Ice with short cast CMD1 and attack boost entry and CMD2. However, Lulu is a +Ice armour.

Still thinking about gem pull and for me and I'm in a similar situation of my Ice relics being absolutely dire. I'm also peeking at +water armour (Paine and Quinna).

I don't open my wallet a whole lot so I'm not really in the business of taking a redundant effect for Wrath access. I also already took Ayame on the first go around due to her self sufficiency you described, but am still looking for more. My Ice is that bad.

Looking at the Renewal banners gave me an appreciation for how bad some of my synergy is. I have 15% of the banner or less on 1, 2, 7, 9, and Type-0.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow they actually let us pick two extra items? I ended up picking Edea's BSB since I didn't have it.

Now I patiently wait for VIII's banner for renewal dungeon.

Indignate

I held off on the CT banner but 2 picks is too tempting.

Probably go Larsa so I'll have some astra blink. Have no clue what to do for my second pick.

Balphon

So CoD BSB or TGCid BSB? I do not currently have a source of Radiant Shield atm.

It depends.

Orlandeau BSB is average on its own and is designed to be paired with his OSB (or at least a well-honed powerchain) to be effective, but at that point alternating between OSB/BSB is only a marginal improvement over just using his OSB. Still, you may want it if you're invested heavily in Orlandeau already.

CoD BSB is good for a mage holy/dark team and there aren't many holy mages. However, one of the other holy mages is Raines and CoD BSB pairs very well with his. Likewise, though it's not an ideal source of radiant shield, radiant shield is an uncommon buff.

Silexx

It depends.

Orlandeau BSB is average on its own and is designed to be paired with his OSB (or at least a well-honed powerchain) to be effective, but at that point alternating between OSB/BSB is only a marginal improvement over just using his OSB. Still, you may want it if you're invested heavily in Orlandeau already.

CoD BSB is good for a mage holy/dark team and there aren't many holy mages. However, one of the other holy mages is Raines and CoD BSB pairs very well with his. Likewise, though it's not an ideal source of radiant shield, radiant shield is an uncommon buff.

Thanks. I ended up taking CoD BSB and then pulled the Gem only draw and picked Edea BSB and Raines BSB. I don't have any Orlandeay SBs so I don't think it was the way to go then.

Pejo

Wow, this reselect thing is awesome. I took Seifer's BSB for the CT summon and finally picked up Locke's BSB for my Anniversary selector. I was really torn on picking up Cloud's Fenrir Overdrive since I have his ultra and never got a BSB for him before, but I went with my favorite characters > gameplay approach.

Ahnez

Wow, this reselect thing is awesome. I took Seifer's BSB for the CT summon and finally picked up Locke's BSB for my Anniversary selector. I was really torn on picking up Cloud's Fenrir Overdrive since I have his ultra and never got a BSB for him before, but I went with my favorite characters > gameplay approach.

Well you made the right choice

Its just not worth using Cloud's BSB1 at all if you have his USB.

USB -> [abilities] -> USB is stronger, specially if [abilities] includes Omega Drive

Czarcasm

With another 2 relics to select and having already grabbed Raines and Y'shtola last time. I'm stuck with a decision I kind of planned out before I ended up not getting Raines BSB on banner 5.

Zack or Alphinaud

For Zack I have his Chain and Haste Relic

For Alphinaud I have his SSB and Ultra

Bonus Round

Sarah or Yuna

For Sarah I have nothing (though I don't think were expecting any type of CM stuff for FF I for a while and I was planning on pulling on the Thief banner anyway)

For Yuna I have her Tiny Bee and Ultra

Other relics I briefly considered were: Edward (Imperil + Debuffs), Edge (Water Ninja), Edgar (Have OSB)

Edit: Also have Aphmau BSB so I do have a Sage buff.

Top Bottom