• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 Coming To PC According to MSI

Peff

You're talking to a company that thought 3.4 million copies of Tomb Raider was deemed a failure...

Probably because at that point it was, what with it being a brand new, expensive AAA game made in the UK. But these ports are cheap efforts (more so considering they aren't particularly good ports) and they have almost certainly turned profitable by now, especially when they're going to continue selling for quite a while.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
It's definitely good news if this is true, games should be available on every platforms.

So how good is the game anyway? I wasn't really happy with FFXIII and haven't played XIII-2 yet but I'm excited for FFXV and I don't really know what to think about Type-0.

Gintoki

Great to see them releasing more FF titles on steam.

I hope it comes to every system including 3DS eventually except Vita, just for shits and giggles

Its this gif all over again

DxD3Pt3.gif

Shantom

Probably because at that point it was, what with it being a brand new, expensive AAA game made in the UK. But these ports are cheap efforts (more so considering they aren't particularly good ports) and they have almost certainly turned profitable by now, especially when they're going to continue selling for quite a while.

Wasn't this one made in Canada?

Not impossible, but they're having a major showing for the game at Gamescom which is in PC land, so if it's a simul-ship I'd almost expect it there instead.

Seems like Microsoft might actually have a Windows game or two at their E3 thing.

Wouldnt be shocked if it popped up there.

Percy

Banned
According to the press release, Final Fantasy Type-0 brings an immersive world, memorable characters and the production value known of the series, together with high quality gameplay and storytelling truly worthy of the Final Fantasy name.

If only even one of these things was accurate.

I thought Type 0 sucked bad tbh, but if nothing else, this could at least be a precursor to the announcement of a PC version of FFXV.

Mivey

I wonder if it also has the patented "Square Enix braindead frame-pacing"™ that the FF13 port is so renowned for.
Combined with inbuilt unswitchable motionblur it should provide quite an experience.

Pooya

I don't think FFXV will be a long wait, look at Dark Souls 2 or MGSV, a month or similar, I feel Japanese companies have a similar thinking about PC, something like a peer effect. They are not going to hold up the announcement until after release. Tabata has been present in every Windows event this year in some form, yeah...obviously something is coming.

I don't think FFXV will be a long wait, look at Dark Souls 2 or MGSV, a month or similar, I feel Japanese companies have a similar thinking about PC, something like a peer effect. They are not going to hold up the announcement until after release. Tabata has been present in every Windows event this year in some form, yeah...obviously something is coming.

It will really depends on Type-0 sales, as a full priced release. As for me, it's a day one purchase. If it can sell more than 100k, I think FFXV will be a lock.

baterism

Yesyesyes.gif

.... however, I still can't shake the feeling that it might have something to do with Windows Store. As long as there's a choice I don't mind.

Rnr1224

Could KH3 (& possible KH collection) also be coming to PC? If FFXV is coming to PC as well, seems to odd to omit KH3 from PC too.

Don't see why not. Especially since they are releasing it on Xbox One, a platform that has had none of the previous entries.

Crayten

Banned
Could KH3 (& possible KH collection) also be coming to PC? If FFXV is coming to PC as well, seems to odd to omit KH3 from PC too.

Since the franchise is not Sony exclusive and Disney also releaeses stuff on Steam it could happen that the KH franchise comes to pc at some point.

SerTapTap

I swear to Ramuh if PC gets a motion blur toggle before they patch that garbage out of the console version. Goddamn it square. Still haven't played it more than an hour due to that.

Mifec

I swear to Ramuh if PC gets a motion blur toggle before they patch that garbage out of the console version. Goddamn it square. Still haven't played it more than an hour due to that.

I mean even if it doesn't, someone is gonna remove it from the game 30 mins after it's out anyway.

Kacho

I never got around to buying it for the PS4, so I'm happy to hear this since I would much prefer to play it on the PC.

Parsnip

Expected, but good to have confirmation.

Hopefully the port is better than 13 and 13-2.

Btw, how did Type-0 and Type-0 HD do elsewhere?

Dinda

Great, so i can finally play it after having to quit the game on PS4 because that goddamn motionblur was giving me headaches.

Well, that's totally expected.
And now I hope they don't actually forget that they still have Lightning Returns on the PC schedule.

Yay motion blur removal mods and 60fps, maybe the game will be playable this time. Tried my friend's copy and it gave me a headache and made me feel nauseous.

All I want from this port, over the console ones, is a toggle to turn off motion blur, a toggle to turn off motion blur, and maybe a toggle to turn off motion blur.

EDIT: Beat to it.

and the camera sensitivity. it only has analogue control when not moving. if you're moving the camera only has 1 speed... MAX SPEED.

Sijil

I can see FF15 on PC happening, with current console market in Japan declining Japanese developers need more platforms for their title and Steam has been successful for a lot of them.

Top Bottom