• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII 15th Anniversary

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ff7.jpg

It's today! For Japan at least. Hard to believe it's been 15 years since this game came out.

What are your favorite memories of it? For me personally, climbing the Shinra building and then escaping from Midgar only to find this whole other world to explore... it's still amazing to this day.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
<3 FF VII forever

Still my fav FF to date next to VI, I remember playing in the Golden Saucer especially the boxing game lol.

Jamming out on the piano in Nibelheim.

Definitely a hallmark FF game and very important to the genre as a whole, but personally, not the best.

I cried when Aerith died and really wanted to believe all the crazy rumors about bringing her back.

I hope they never remake this because they will undoubtedly fuck it up.

DMeisterJ

Banned
http://www.novacrystallis.com/ff7.jpg[IMG]

It's today! For Japan at least. Hard to believe it's been 15 years since this game came out.

[B]What are your favorite memories of it?[/B] For me personally, climbing the Shinra building and then escaping from Midgar only to find this whole other world to explore... it's still amazing to this day.[/QUOTE]

Everything.

My favorite game of all time.... can't believe I forgot that today is the 15th anniversary for Japan :\

anyway..... hope for FFXV to be as epic as FFVII was <3

Still an incredible game. Still playable. Still great, even if it's aged worse than 8/9/10 and the SNES games due to the extremely early tech being used.

PC version sucks but has some incredible mods available.

Don't really care for a remake, as inevitably it'd upset people.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Midgar and Gold Saucer are what defined FFVII for me.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
What are your favorite memories of it?

Getting out of Midgard and smell the freedom. That was my first real big jRPG :p
But I became Londa 2.0 much later than that, probably around 2006. Still, probably my favorite jRPG ever and the start of all.

First RPG I ever played. Left an indelible impression on me as a gamer.

My biggest memory of this game was how a couple of my friends were playing it, and I thought it sounded like the dumbest thing ever when they explained it to me.

But, I still rented the game from Blockbuster and gave it a chance. I remember going to blow up the first Mako Reactor like it was yesterday. The image is burned in my mind.

Midgar and Gold Saucer are what defined FFVII for me.

Yes! Gold Saucer!

All the time spent there getting Cloud's Omnislash. Oh man...

Tizoc

The game that got me into video gaming...the childhood memories of this game are too much for me ;.;

Dunno if I'd ever replay the PSX ver. again..but only time will tell.

Now that I think about it, the game had some rather sad music in it, especially the Midgard stuff.

Sanic

I started playing this for the first time a few days ago. I'm just about to assault the
Shinra building.

sfedai0

Banned
So many incredible moments, especially since it was my first FF, and my first JRPG. Remembered the QTE moment where you had to march in unison with the Shinra troops. Game was just so immersive.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What are your favorite memories of it? For me personally, climbing the Shinra building and then escaping from Midgar only to find this whole other world to explore... it's still amazing to this day.

That's probably one of my favorite memories.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Favorite moment...dunno. But I love being in aeris' daddy's lab and watching all the videos. The snow town rocks.

K' Dash

between the PS1 FF's it's my least favorite, but the only one that deserves a remake, cause it looks Ugleeeyyy, even back then.

StuBurns

Banned
I just bought it last week on PSN, I do plan to replay it in the near future. While I don't think it's quite the masterpiece many do, it was a pivotal release and I still look back at it very fondly. It was awesome.

Unfortunately, it's responsible for a number of truly awful spin off products that do go some way to taint what it was for me. Crisis Core was pretty good though. I can't pick a specific moment I liked the most really, but I will say, it did the opening with a bang thing in a genre famously slow out the gate incredibly well.

Suzzopher

Going to the Gold Saucer for the first time, then going on the date with Aeris <3

I don't want a remake at all. I think it was a game of it's time and one that many of us would how various memories of. I like what the characters sound like in my head and wouldn't want to hear them voiced(I watched Advent Children with English subs).

Seik

Banned
FF7 HD remake with lots of towns, and some new story scenes.

You're asking Square the impossible, they can't do HD towns. D:

Seriously, happy 15th anniversary to the first game that made me discover a wonderful franchise. I didn't know it was already 15 years...wow...I really got to re-do it soon.

May you forever be remembered.

I was so hyped for it I imported the soundtrack and would listen to it while looking at screens from gaming magazines and trying to match which scenes would go with which song, lol. Played through it twice back in the day and loved it but haven't really gone back other than playing the intro parts on my psp. There's been sooo much backlash on the game I kinda worry about going back to it, but I have the feeling nostalgia alone could carry me through. Every other product made around it seemed decent to terrible except for Crisis Core which is great. I don't see a remake coming without a MASSIVE time and budget investment to do it right and I don't SE is in a position (or ever will be) to take that kind of risk.

I'm all for a remake......as long as they don't add VA. Silent protagonists are better. You get to decide how they react when reading the text.

And I loved the haunted house scene, and the explanation of the lifestream always gets me.

jiggle

remake nao!
*sigh*

always enjoyed FF somewhat
but this game really pushed the series above DQ for me
too many great memories
one of my fav
088.jpg

Radec

Almost done with this gen and we havent even seen any sign of a remake of the most famous Final Fantasy.

SE dont like easy $$$ I guess.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Is this game available on PSN Store ?

and which store btw US, EU ?

It is and on both stores. The european's one though is getting 50% discount for almost every Final Fantasy in there. I suggest you to hurry.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
3 Blu Ray disc remake please.

Not my favourite in the series, but definitely the most "nostalgic" overall.

Venfayth

Watched my little brother play this game for the first time yesterday. I observed him as he forgot to save Jessie and had to go back for her, and lost the game in a huge fiery explosion of the Mako Reactor.

Poor guy was crushed, but he got through it the second time no problem. He wouldn't stop complaining about the time limit and how nervous it made him :D

Top Bottom