• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC port for PS4 out Oct 16th, $15.99

ash_ag

I found a 1080p 4:3 PC screenshot and nearest-neighbour downsampled so the 3D matches the 2D background pixel grid.

Then I manually overlaid the 'high'-res PC speech box.

Oh, that explains it. Really, this is how the character models are meant to be presented. Lightning-aside, they don't stand-out that much, and the level of detail is mostly consistent with the number of pixels.

A Steam version mod that affects resolution contextually -- ie. renders menus and 2D assets in HD, but 3D elements in a lower resolution -- would be nice.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I found a 1080p 4:3 PC screenshot and nearest-neighbour downsampled so the 3D matches the 2D background pixel grid.

Then I manually overlaid the 'high'-res PC speech box.

Yeah that looks horrible. There is so much disconnect between the characters and the background. the only thing making that scene look even semi-presentable is the darkness of the background, do the same thing at the gold saucer or many other locations and it'll look even more jarring.

I agree with the poster about playing on the VIta, its how I'm doing my replay right now. It looks surprisingly good on the little screen.

dezzy8

if we don't buy this port then Square Enix will say that there is not enough interest for the remake and can it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
if we don't buy this port then Square Enix will say that there is not enough interest for the remake and can it.
Nah the Remake is happening regardless, but any chance of VIII and IX being ported with maybe a little more effort put in will be out the window

Considering I purchased the original black labeled PSX disc version for $50 not all that long ago, I don't find $15.99 to be all that unreasonable. Totally worth the convenience of not having my space heater PS3 turned on for hours, or digging my PS2 out of the closet. Day one for me.

Kriken

Winter 2015 now apparently

Update: Square Enix has responded to our inquiry regarding the Final Fantasy VII PlayStation 4 port. Unfortunately, the date the company listed is incorrect.

"We can confirm that the published release date for this title is incorrect," a representative told us via email. "As discussed at this year’s E3, Final Fantasy VII will be ported to the PlayStation 4 in Winter 2015. The pricing has already been announced last December to be set at $15.99."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Mastering all Materia isn't that bad, actually. I did it in the PS version to get copies of the Master Summon, Magic etc, Materia and while it does take grinding, it's really not all that long when you know how. (Movers in the Northern Crater, triple AP weapons and double AP armour). The money one might take a while, but they might port over the booster from the PC version and from there it's just a matter of selling mastered All materia to fill her up.

If Materia Master requires mastered Enemy Skills materia then this could prove difficult to people playing without a guide, there are missable enemy skills and if you've waited until you can fly to the final dungeon to get it you might be completely SOL.

Max gil is ez peasy tho

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
The price is affordable however $9.99 would've been a better price. I've never played FF7 pc port so might as well get it

danthefan

I don't want this.
I don't have time to play this.
I don't really have enough money for this.

But I'm going to buy it anyway :(

Fdkn

... yes. Nearest neighbor on a 88" screen is going to be nasty as hell and nothing but raw pixels spewed everywhere. Put that ontop of clean HD geomtry (no matter how simple it is) and it will look like complete crap. I'm not saying its good, or desired, I'm saying its better than the shit they are trying to use.

I wish your eyes good luck if you intend to play this release on a 88" TV

If Materia Master requires mastered Enemy Skills materia then this could prove difficult to people playing without a guide, there are missable enemy skills and if you've waited until you can fly to the final dungeon to get it you might be completely SOL.

Max gil is ez peasy tho
Good point, forgot about Enemy Skill. It probably requires it, I can only imagine Underwater being the only materia not to, if only because it doesn't level up like other materia.

I hate missable trophies in large games.

Nerokis

Why this version when the remake is coming?

...are people seriously thinking the remake is going to make the original obsolete?

"You guys know they released a new Psycho movie with Vince Vaughn, right? Why bother with the Hitchcock version?"

Let's see...
$16 for the greatest game of all time that I play at least once a year and still brings me to tears.

I spent $16 on lunch yesterday.

Is it too much?

Naudi

Banned
Yeah I'll buy it for sure. I spent 60$ on a FFXV demo so what the hell lol. Guess I'm a sucker for FF, hopefully the remake isn't 199$.

I'm currently playing the Steam version. Is there any way to use the D-pad instead of the stick ? Because as it is, the D-pad does not work at all. I am forced to use the stick in the menus, which is very shitty. I have tried remapping the stick to the d-pad in the software that lets me use the Dualshock 4 on my PC, but it doesn't work. The game does not let me remap the stick.

Help ?

Top Bottom