• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Game Cover Updated With "Timed Exclusive" Tag

brap

Banned
Not surprised. Have to make as much money as possible with this. Look forward to it on every platform.

A lot of people are saying "we already knew this", but didn't Sqaure say something like they have no plans to release it on other consoles?

Last edited:
Will this be a rise of the tomb raider senario when it launched a year later on the PS4, they got the WHOLE PACKAGE. I'm hoping so for the full release on Xbox in 21. If it's episodic, I'll skip it till they release the full game In a few years.

A lot of people are saying "we already knew this", but didn't Sqaure say something like they have no plans to release it on other consoles?
I read somewhere that Sony tried to secure it as a full exclusive but apparently it fell through.

Adam Boyes during the E3 reveal trailer confirmed it was "coming first to PS4", so we've known that it's been exclusive.

badblue

Gold Member
It would be really shitty if the game ended after leaving Midgard.

Square Enix has confirmed that the first part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be a full-sized game of its own, which means it's building out what was originally a few hours of content into dozens.
source

The first part of the game could be 30 hours. I wouldn't consider that to be shitty. Unless the game sucks.

Kinda weird it straight up says that on the box, with a date and all. Are there other games that explicitly have the date the game goes multiplatform on the front cover?
I think this is the first one lol
20191209_192159.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have they confirmed how many parts it will be? I'm assuming 3, but I was really hopeful it would be 2.
As far as I know, they haven't said shit.

At this rate, we might not know until the review embargo lifts which will probably be a day or two before release.

As far as I know, they haven't said shit.

At this rate, we might not know until the review embargo lifts which will probably be a day or two before release.

Really conflicted about this one. I think it will be amazing, but I also think it's going to be shit. I hope they don't pad it too much with random stuff.

EDMIX

FF15 came to pc, this will too. SE likes 💰

Agreed. Why would they not? Square ports mots titles and seeks to bank, so them putting on PC is default. They have with too many games to really question it imho

Drell Drell and? Your comment was hoping it would come to PC, not when. We all know it will be after the fact as clearly FFVII remake is not day and date with PC so its just a moot point.

They come after the fact sure, but they still come to PC. The original FFVII is on PC, so I don't now if using Kingdom Hearts is a good example. All you need to know is the main FF series come to PC even if years later and FFVII remake doesn't sound like it would be any different. If anything, with XONE selling so poorly and next gen around the corner, XONE would be more questionable if it will ever actually get this title, I see it likely coming to the next XB vs XONE... Remember its a few titles that are releasing so it clearly must be on the same systems

Last edited:

Vlaphor

I have no problem waiting for the eventual PC version. To be honest, I wasn't really clamoring for a remake anyway, so I don't mind waiting.

It looks really neat, but I might even be fine waiting till the full thing releases.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I won't be able to resist. PS4 Pro day 1, and PC day 366.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
FF15 came to pc, this will too. SE likes 💰

It's not just the money but with everything except switch running on x86 why the fuck wouldn't you port if the sales are guaranteed to be 500k+.

Kagey K

Banned
3/3/21?! That’s a fucking joke of a wait, a full year? Ok.
A year is one of the normal times. 1 month, 3 months 6 months, a year.

I see it as an advantage since a year after the PS4 launch other systems will be out, and they may have enhanced it. Getting it on Scarlett might be worth the wait and the big backfire on them releasing it on PS4.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Nah, I’ll be buying it for ps4, already got a pro money saved aside JUST for this as I don’t want to use my launch ps4, it wouldn’t be fair.

But I know I’m getting the worst experience, and that’s shite. I was expecting 6 months, tops.

Lanrutcon

Don't care about this half-assed crap.

Wake me when the game is complete. If our species still rules the surface world, that is.

mejin

A year is a lot of time. Sony probably paid them big.

Till the game launch to the rest, PS version will be dirt cheap.

FranXico

Nice to see some transparency for once. So tired of the “We aren‘t talking about other version at this time, right now this is the only game that exists” shit that has plagued this generation.

E3 2015 said:
PLAY IT FIRST ON PLAYSTATION

The transparency was there since the reveal.

Getting it on Scarlett might be worth the wait and the big backfire on them releasing it on PS4.
"Big backfire" LOL.

Birdo

Banned
This is one of those situations where late adopters may actually benefit.

I know I'm waiting for the whole series before I play. So I'll be starting in 2035.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yeah look let’s not be stupid here, it’s going to look amazing on X or next gen systems but... if you don’t think this will make bank on ps4, you’re crazy. This shits going to be a million seller before it’s even released.

Vawn

Banned
This is a day one game, so whatever platform is first is a that matters to me.

Especially when that date is WAY off. March 2021? So a full year?

Last edited:
Top Bottom