• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Game Cover Updated With "Timed Exclusive" Tag

Gameplay Captured on PC?

WzF5ovl.jpg

LOL, they probably forgot to edit that out! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If this were an Xbox time exclusive for Xbox the internet would be burning, but it's Sony's it's fine.
It's FF7 dude, nothing to be upset about.
If it was Ninja Gaiden maybe more people would complain, but 7 is strongly tied to sony.

Gameplay Captured on PC?

The guy who wrote that will have a bad call today lol
I suppose it should be PS4 Pro like other trailers

Last edited:

Aggelos

Time to remind people that the original FFVII also had a PC release back in 1998, it wasn't exclusive to PS1, and let's get real here did anyone really think it wouldn't come out on PC?

gHQpXGT.jpg

Exactly, it came out in June 1998, according to wikipedia.
I mean people shouldn't be surprised at all, this FF7 Remake is gonna go places once the timed-exclusivity expires.
Ostensibly, back in 2015, Sony somehow secured the "Play it First on PS4" deal. Once the deal is up, it's gonna spread and travel around probably... and first station seems to be the PC.
I mean ya, PC gaming is the largest gaming arena globally, how could Square-Enix miss that opportunity.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I’m primarily a PC gamer but I love Final Fantasy VII. I decided to just play it on my PS4 and play it again when it releases on PC. I’m not happy about spoiling my first experience with the game on a lesser version but waiting another year is untenable.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Time to remind people that the original FFVII also had a PC release back in 1998, it wasn't exclusive to PS1, and let's get real here did anyone really think it wouldn't come out on PC?

gHQpXGT.jpg
yeah i got this for Xmas that year. played the game on MS-DOS first. good stuff.

given Square porting over so many other of their games, yeah it only makes sense this would come too. this the juggernaut.

that said, i own a PS4 Pro, so there is really no reason to wait.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
But when is part 2 out?
And is that Timed Exclusive?

Top Bottom