• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why would anyone want to fast forward the good storytelling?

FFX-2 i can understand, but X is pretty interesting

You can skip FMV cutscenes at least.

Is this confirmed? It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but I did play the game fairly recently and I don't really need to watch all of that nonsense again... Just some of that nonsense. The entertaining bits of nonsense. Skipping cutscenes would be a nice feature.

Why would anyone want to fast forward the good storytelling?

FFX-2 i can understand, but X is pretty interesting

Because my idea of a good time does not involve watching 30 minutes of cutscenes only to lose to a coin-flip boss.

Plus this would be my third play-through, so I don't need to see/hear his story again.

IIRC, FFX-2 allows players to skip cut-scenes, but they have to be viewed in order to get 100% completion.

Because my idea of a good time does not involve watching 30 minutes of cutscenes only to lose to a coin-flip boss.

Plus this would be my third play-through, so I don't need to see/hear his story again.

IIRC, FFX-2 allows players to skip cut-scenes, but they have to be viewed in order to get 100% completion.
That is true yes

Mifec

What coin flip boss?

Parsnip

Personally don't care about the dual audio, but if the files are there as I suspected from the install size, someone will mod it.

The question then is how easy it will be to mod it. Maybe you can just swap filenames of two files and call it a day, though that's probably unlikely.

A bit surprised to see some of those in-game graphics options, didn't expect there to be textures or proper MSAA settings for one.

The resolution list, due to the way it is ordered and the number of entries, looks like it's populated by Windows. But obviously you can't say for certain.
Also, it supports borderless fullscreen mode in the game options, which is nice.

Hopefully that is true about the resolutions.

khaaan

Since this is coming out soon, someone teach me how to Blitzball.

I'm playing on the Vita and for the life of me I can't get a single goal. I got essentially ontop of the goalie once but there are always so many defenders. I refuse to continue until I achieve Wakka's dream for him.

For what it's worth, I also learned the Jecht Shot but I have no idea on how to execute.

Parsnip

I always liked blitzball, but I haven't played the game since the european release.
It's going to be glorious and probably a bit weird to not be stuck on the inferior pal version.

Knurek

I always liked blitzball, but I haven't played the game since the european release.
It's going to be glorious and probably a bit weird to not be stuck on the inferior pal version.

60 f... 30 fps and Dark Aeons.
Is such a think possible?

Madame M

Banned
Seymour Flux was the hardest fight for me when I played through FFX, I never had trouble with Yunalesca, but if I remember right Seymour Flux wasn't too difficult if you prepare correctly and keep your party from berserk

So, did anyone coax them to try mouse/keyboard controls and/or if the mouse works ingame during the stream?

Got bored and left some time in, so IDK.

inner-G

Banned
Cross-posting the graphics options from the live stream thread for people to see since that one will get buried:

Resolution
Screen Mode
Brightness
Vsync
Texture Quality
AF
Shadows
AA
Color Correction
Post Filter AA
Unsharp Mask
Ambient Occlusion

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Cross-posting the graphics options from the live stream thread for people to see since that one will get buried:

Resolution
Screen Mode
Brightness
Vsync
Texture Quality
AF
Shadows
AA
Color Correction
Post Filter AA
Unsharp Mask
Ambient Occlusion

Sorry I just jumped on the thread, can someone tell me if it is 60fps?

mieumieu

I have played both Japanese and English versions of the games. I have also played undub versions on PS2.

There are some slight animation timing differences between English and Japanese versions of the same cutscene. Some sentences are only there for English, for example. Also in FFX-2 the lip sync is different so they will need to match the timing for a lot more animations since they could be all different.

From a product point of view it could potentially cost them to patch in 'perfect' dual audio support so they left it out.
I'm sure modders will and can at least do an 'imperfect' dual audio though. It is easy enough at least on PS2.

Wonder if DSR will do any good for the image quality.

There's a high chance that this one will support native res anyway (Durante said it's possible). LR supports native 4K right post-patch.

Even if it's not, I hope there'll be a way to achieve better IQ like Lightning Returns pre-patch.

Robin64

"This game will unlock in approximately 8 hours"

Woo!

Seriously, out of nowhere. I haven't even finished IX yet.

inner-G

Banned
"This game will unlock in approximately 8 hours"

Woo!

Seriously, out of nowhere. I haven't even finished IX yet.
I have a play through of the PS3/4/Vita versions going but I'll probably drop it for this because I'm a graphics whore and I'm also interested in the new options.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
pls give ps4 ver the patch to skip cutscenes. i know people that stopped playing cause if they lose a bossfight they have to rewatch the cutscenes lmao.

gelf

No cutscenes skip or fast forward means no sale to me. FFX is worst game I've ever experienced for having long cutscenes before difficult bosses and I just won't deal with that again.

Yunalesca.
I always lose to her the first time.

Then you might like to hear that, IIRC, in the HD version it is possible to go back and save after the first and long cutscenes with Yunalesca but before you enter the room where you actually fight her. If you do so, only the talking cutscene directly at the beginning of the fight remains.

Then you might like to hear that, IIRC, in the HD version it is possible to go back and save after the first and long cutscenes with Yunalesca but before you enter the room where you actually fight her. If you do so, only the talking cutscene directly at the beginning of the fight remains.

Hmm. I don't remember noticing that in the PS3 version. Oh well, thanks for the info.

I still don't understand why there's no cutscene-skip though. Even after a remaster and a remastered remaster...nothing.

mieumieu

Hmm. I don't remember noticing that in the PS3 version. Oh well, thanks for the info.

I still don't understand why there's no cutscene-skip though. Even after a remaster and a remastered remaster...nothing.

It could just be that it is too hard to implement based on the old game scripting system. Remember there is no cutscenes skip for the other old ff like 7 or 9.

Falk

that puzzling face
No cutscenes skip or fast forward means no sale to me. FFX is worst game I've ever experienced for having long cutscenes before difficult bosses and I just won't deal with that again.

It literally says 'high speed' in the OP though.

Meaning you're not contractually bound by a NeoGAF post you made, to buy this on Steam.

Congratulations!

Meesh

Waiting patiently... Am drunk, will buy. Lol will be first time playing FFX. Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom