• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm clicking the link on his channel and it's not giving me the initial 20 percent off, could you post the sponsored link?

I used the mobile twitch app. On the sidebar there is a picture that shows his code; clicking that just took me right to it.
Can't get the link since I'm on mobile.

Was just over $19 initially with his code before I stacked 20Off. But I hear now WATCH25 is the code to use.

OmegaDL50

Use a sponsored link to GMG.
I used the one on MrHappy's twitch channel. (trying it on the normal website kept getting me a 404 error)

It gives an initial 20% from the link and then you apply the code 20OFF at checkout.

Came to $15.35 total.

That's a hell of a deal. I am not really inclined to pay $30 since I already bought this game three times across various platforms. While the release week discount bumps it down to $24 which is reasonable enough. To be honest I would have bought the game discount or not, but if it comes to the choice between paying $24 or $15, especially on a game I once bought before on another platform...yeah easy decision.

So I thank you for the heads up.

inner-G

Banned
Almost halfway downloaded!

I don't think I have any meetings today, I'll try to post a video. I don't have a good capture setup so I'll prob just record something off-screen at 1080/60

Phatcorns

I used the mobile twitch app. On the sidebar there is a picture that shows his code; clicking that just took me right to it.
Can't get the link since I'm on mobile.

Was just over $19 initially with his code before I stacked 20Off. But I hear now WATCH25 is the code to use.

Hmm, thanks. Tried that too and it didn't work. Ah well, $18 is cool.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I can't get the 20OFF or other codes to work with GMG. Only getting one code to work.

Did you use a sponsored link?
I think there is a bug where if you use the sponsored link (twitch streamers like MrHappy have them) then it still lets you apply a discount code.

GMG just upped there price to £19.99

edit - it was an error

damn. Maybe they patched that one up already.

burgerdog

Did you use a sponsored link?
I think there is a bug where if you use the sponsored link (twitch streamers like MrHappy have them) then it still lets you apply a discount code.

Yeah I clicked on his gmg picture but the price is no different than just going to gmg directly. Unless there's a link that goes to FFX-X2 directly from his twitch, in which case I haven't found that link.

Lord Phol

I feel like this would be best played on consoles in the couch, but it's so cheap on GMG I might just have to bite.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah I clicked on his gmg picture but the price is no different than just going to gmg directly.

Sounds like they may have fixed it.
For me it was 24.xx when using GMG directly.
It was 19.xx when using MrHappy's link which then allowed me to stack a 20% off code on top for the $15 price.

DId you try on a mobile browser?
I did it on iOS if that makes a difference.

Yeah I clicked on his gmg picture but the price is no different than just going to gmg directly. Unless there's a link that goes to FFX-X2 directly from his twitch, in which case I haven't found that link.

I had to enter the coupon code from his linked picture manually on GMG for it to take.

Do the faces still look as stiff and porcelain mask-like like in the pre-release images of the PS3 version of the remaster?

If Lulu's face still looks like that of a barbie doll rather than the rather mature original than I'll rather just play the PS2 version via emulation.

Don't know how y'all are getting codes to stack on GMG, mine bottoms out at $18.00, which is still "BUY BUY BUY" territory for me. But I'm nervous about the quality of the port; anyone managed to download and launch yet?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So do we need an OT and perf thread? I'm about an hour from the installation finishing.

If you want, we can split the two: you the OT and me the performance thread. I forgot this was releasing today, so I only just bought it, but the download will be done in about 50 minutes.

burgerdog

Sounds like they may have fixed it.
For me it was 24.xx when using GMG directly.
It was 19.xx when using MrHappy's link which then allowed me to stack a 20% off code on top for the $15 price.

DId you try on a mobile browser?
I did it on iOS if that makes a difference.

I think they fixed it, tried it on iOS and it shows $19 before adding it to cart and then it jumps to $23 once I've added it to the cart. It's $18 with the 25% off code so still not too bad. I'll take it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Don't know how y'all are getting codes to stack on GMG, mine bottoms out at $18.00, which is still "BUY BUY BUY" territory for me. But I'm nervous about the quality of the port; anyone managed to download and launch yet?

Twitch streamer links.
Gives the initial 20% without using a code which frees up a code use.

I think they fixed it, tried it on iOS and it shows $19 before adding it to cart and then it jumps to $23 once I've added it to the cart. It's $18 with the 25% off code so still not too bad. I'll take it.

Yeah that's not what happened when I did it. It remained $19 for me until I added another code.
Sucks they fixed it so quickly; but $18 is still a screaming deal for these two games.

Edzi

Same for me. Seems like it'll only lets me use one code.

Lord Phol

steam big pic brah

Haven't fiddeled around much with big pic, but it's still too much work hooking up the PC to the TV at the moment.

am sorry, what your are you from? how is the past? tell me

Yeah I know it's available on consoles and I've been thinking about picking it up for awhile but it just never happend. Just took the GMG deal though, installing right now :p.Got it for £9.59.

Parsnip

If you want, we can split the two: you the OT and me the performance thread. I forgot this was releasing today, so I only just bought it, but the download will be done in about 50 minutes.

Oh no, I wasn't volunteering. :p Someone who actually knows something about the game might be a better suited. I barely remember anything from the damn thing. Something something blitzballs, something something Sin.

Also making thread is a lot of work.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can't wait to get this one going with my Steam Link.
Streaming this to the big screen and playing from the couch is going to be a dream.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh no, I wasn't volunteering. :p Someone who actually knows something about the game might be a better suited. I barely remember anything from the damn thing. Something something blitzballs, something something Sin.

Also making thread is a lot of work.

Ah, right, haha.

inner-G

Banned
big screen and playing from the couch is going to be a dream.
I'm doing the same but just have my PC in the living room by the TV

Almost there:
cp3ApaR.jpg

OmegaDL50

Who is doing the FFX / X-2 for Steam |OT|?

If no one is working on it, I think might be able to whip something up real quick, but if someone else claimed it already I'll let them handle it.

tariniel

Sucks I missed the boat on the $15 on GMG but $18 is still very reasonable. Grabbed it. I probably wont start it until I finish up with Dark Souls 3 but I look forward to playing it again! Haven't played FFX since it launched on PS2. Maybe I'll get all those ultimate weapons this time... It was previously my favorite Final Fantasy game so we'll see if the nostalgia holds up.

I've been eyeing it on PS4 for a few months but I kept reading speculation it would come to PC some time before FFXV, and then they just drop it on us. Very cool.

I need to pick up the PC versions of FFVII and FFIX sometime too.

Primus

No affiliate stacking for me, but I did have a 27% birthday coupon for GMG still active, so ended up paying $17.50 for the game. Downloading now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt gonna get it at launch but couldnt pass up on that GMG price mistake for 12€

.Anema

I've never played the PS4 remaster, so, the game has 1080p/4K 60fps? What about the size of the game, I need to clean my SSD before buy this game haha.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Steam Link and Big Picture Mode combination.
You now have the best couch gaming experience.

Seriously the steam link is awesome.

This can't be state enough. Best $50 I've spent in a long time.
I can throw that thing on any TV in the house and stream most games flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom