• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnny

How did I miss this news a couple days ago? Oh well, it's a nice surprise to find out this is released today!

I find it odd that it's released today and I don't see anything on the main page about it. Thanks GAF for keeping me informed :)

EDIT: By "main page" i mean the store.steampowered.com main page.

How did I miss this news a couple days ago? Oh well, it's a nice surprise to find out this is released today!

I find it odd that it's released today and I don't see anything on the main page about it. Thanks GAF for keeping me informed :)

EDIT: By "main page" i mean the store.steampowered.com main page.

Stealth launch. It didn't even come up when I searched Steam for "Final Fantasy." I had to search for "Final Fantasy X" and it was the 7th listing. Apparently they're trying real hard not to sell this thing.

Unai

It literally says 'high speed' in the OP though.

Meaning you're not contractually bound by a NeoGAF post you made, to buy this on Steam.

Congratulations!

He was talking about the cutscenes. You can't fastforward them.

Valahart

Oh shoot, those 20% off.... I'm pretty sure I'm not goig to resist it, buy it, and not play it for 6 months, during which it is going to eventually be at least 30% off.

Help me GAF.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's actually cheaper than I expected. Especially since it's two games. Isn't FFIX £20 by itself?

On, Playstation: Yeah.

This price is actually wayyy less than I expected. So good job, Square-Enidos. I bought it. Only shame is that they aren't separate. So you have to download like 10-20 gigs for each. :/ I'd just play FFX-2 since that's the only one I haven't completed for the series beyond the 13 sequels and MMO's yet.
Well that and 9. But 9's too boring

20 quid really, really hits a sweetspot. Hopefully I'll jump in later today after some port impressions.

I'm interested to see how well this game does. FF9 has done really well sales wise and that was 20 euro as well, I'd have to assume that this could do as well if not better.

Granted, FF9 had a lot more marketing than this though.

Anteater

I bought it

You got me SE

At least it'll be a while until I buy the next port since I don't have anything left I want

Other than Nier and FFXII

Tenebrous

That price is amazing. I hope there's a way to get the OST outta this game (I do think Square are missing a trick by not letting us buy the OST's through Steam).

how come? on pc the game may come out locked at 30fps but chances are it wont stay locked..so yes, on PC we never keep it at 30.

The animations were more than likely designed at 30fps, if someone creates a mod for 60fps it'll double the animation speed and everything will literally look like it's playing twice as fast.

7,8,9 didn't get decent frame rate mods did they?

The animations were more than likely designed at 30fps, if someone creates a mod for 60fps it'll double the animation speed and everything will literally look like it's playing twice as fast.

7,8,9 didn't get decent frame rate mods did they?

IIRC people got X running on PCSX2 at 60 so it's possible. 7 got a 60fps mod for battles.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Use a sponsored link to GMG.
I used the one on MrHappy's twitch channel. (trying it on the normal website kept getting me a 404 error)

It gives an initial 20% from the link and then you apply the code 20OFF at checkout.

Came to $15.35 total.

Phatcorns

Use a sponsored link to GMG.
I used the one on MrHappy's twitch channel. (trying it on the normal website kept getting me a 404 error)

It gives an initial 20% from the link and then you apply the code 20OFF at checkout.

Came to $15.35 total.

I'm clicking the link on his channel and it's not giving me the initial 20 percent off, could you post the sponsored link?

Unai

That's FFVII...

Yeah, I meant things like that are possible even if the animations are not always 1:1. VII, dark souls, tales of. All examples of games that someone unlocked the framerate and they actually look good. Maybe someone will do something like that for FFX, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom