• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuhira

Wut? That's pretty soon.
No encounter mode? Oh yeesss,random encounters need to die.
Totally supporting this,let's hope 12 is next and 15 in a few years.

Eila

I want to play this time with japanese dub, hope they don't screw it up.

Also 60fps wish is just a dream or they can manage it?

I mean if I had to guess, considering the recommended specs, the fact that PS4 version is also 30 fps and that they don't mention framerate in the description, I'd say the port is 30 fps.
However, if that is the case, modding could still be a possibility. Many PC ports have been modded to support 60 fps, although in some cases it breaks things.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Characters, monsters, and environments have been fine-tuned to HD detail, providing a richer, deeper FINAL FANTASY visual experience.
Other features in the PC version include remastered/rearranged BGM,
International Edition content,
Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.

That's so awesome! Will definitely buy.

Edit: Steam says recommended 40gb for storage...jeez.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm in the US and I've played the entire XIII trilogy on PC with JP audio. I didn't have to do anything special other than buy the game.

Ah, yeah, it seems Risette is correct. The first half of the post still stands, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
USA here, I switched over to Japanese audio so I'm not sure what you're talkin about.

I was mistaken, as has already been pointed out. But I'm not wrong about the language list: when publishers upload a game, they list the languages it supports and this information is used to create a baselanguages flag for the app, which is where the list reads its data from. It can't be modified on a per-country basis.

A valid example would be just about any higher-priced Ubi release over the past few years -- there's a warning on the Eastern European store pages that language support is limited to Russian as the restriction cannot be reflected in the language list.

OmegaDL50

Unless the game is stuck with some sort of anti-tamper DRM, switching the music via file swaps should be possible regardless.

Getting a proper loop for tracks shouldn't be a problem either. Depending what kind of container format is used.

Since the game is 40GB, I'm guessing a significant portion of that data is the FMV and audio streams.

Man, it's coming so soon! 40GB... I'm running out of room so fast these days.

Unless the game is stuck with some sort of anti-tamper DRM, switching the music via file swaps should be possible regardless.
Definitely true and I totally blanked on that, but it would help to have everything be as perfect as possible right off the bat. Makes me wonder what will be wrong with this port. I heard Lightning Returns was a good one, so maybe they've learned.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Only resident Evil 4 has had more re-releases xD

If you have not played this game, i fully recommend it

OmegaDL50

why not xbox one :(

Considering the minimal sales of Type-0 and that Japanese releases outside of STG / Shmups don't generally do well on Xbox, I think it was a matter of this being a simple port rather than the expense of whatever parity clause Microsoft would demand for a later release of the game not to mention a physical release.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but Japanese releases on the XB1 outlook is somewhat bleak.

Does the ps4 version have those game boosters

No.

b3b0p

No mention of requiring a Square Account. I'd buy, but I don't have Windows. Sigh. Tempted to get a PC now.

Son Of D

If mobile ports of FF1 and 2 are ever considered, I hope FFT is also included in the mix.

Having the every single player FF game on Steam excluding most of the side games would be nice.

I can see them holding off on FFT for a FFXII/FFT double pack. A small Ivalice collection if you will.

I hope they do a physical release like they did for FFXIII and XIII-2 double pack. It will be the 20th copy of the game I own.

Also FFX minor spoiler
Will wait for steam sale prices to pay yojimbo for zanmato lmao

Daingurse

Neat. Already got it on my Vita, which is a great fit for the game, but I'll look forward to picking this up for a cheap price down the road. I love this fucking game, but I don't need it now. Too much stuff on my plate already.

Jimrpg

Looks like you have to buy both games?

I just wanted Final Fantasy X-2.

And put me in the camp that desperately wants FFXII on PC, remastered or original. (International version please!)

Is Final Fantasy X the international version? (EDIT: Yes it is!)

Lothars

Wut? That's pretty soon.
No encounter mode? Oh yeesss,random encounters need to die.
Totally supporting this,let's hope 12 is next and 15 in a few years.
I have no doubt that FF12 will get a rerelease and eventually be out on PC probably a year after the console release. Could be the same amount of time for FF15 as well to come out on PC.

Inuhanyou

Wish List:
* Skip Cutscene option
* 60 frames per second
* texture packs from modders
* $29.99 price point (with discounted price from online retailers)

Def not happening anytime soon.

Also, in regards to encounter mode, there is already an item in the game that locked encounter rate...you don't want to do it if you want to get anywhere, its not a game that you can really have fun in without grinding

Inuhanyou

not if Durante has anything to say about it

If it was possible, the emulated version would have already been unlocked.

I'm just saying those that expect that should not be holding their breaths.

Durante can only go so far into the game code after all

not if Durante has anything to say about it

Would it be OK if the game ran at double speed if you forced 60 fps?

There are rare instances of slowdown in the original PS2 version of the game, and when the framerate drops, the whole game slows down. It's likely that the game's engine speed is tied to it's framerate.

Corpekata

Banned
If it was possible, the emulated version would have already been unlocked.

I'm just saying those that expect that should not be holding their breaths.

Durante can only go so far into the game code after all

I don't think this is correct. It would be a lot easier in a PC version versus an emulated version. Modders have access to many more resources in a native PC version.

Not saying it will happen, but emulation doesn't really have any bearing on things.

OmegaDL50

Hopefully one of those modifiers is to skip all Cloister of Trials

This please. Trainers all the way if not one of the modifiers.

While the Cloister of Trials were annoying. The reward of getting Anima as a summon for doing all of them made up for it, at least for the International version at least in which Anima had the most powerful damage dealing Overdrive out of all the Aeons.

After buying XIII day one, I'm waiting for impressions first on all Square games. Fool me once...

There were several FF games in between FFXIII's and FFX / X-2's release that all turned out fine.

Daingurse

While the Cloister of Trials were annoying. The reward of getting Anima as a summon for doing all of them made up for it, at least for the International version at least in which Anima had the most powerful damage dealing Overdrive out of all the Aeons.

It was honestly worth it just because Anima was cooler than a motherufcker.

Lothar

Banned
Cloister of Trials could have been worse. At least there were no random battles. I'll take them over FFIX's Disc 3 and Disc 4 dungeons and the horrible SandSea area of FFXII.

Inuhanyou

I don't think this is correct. It would be a lot easier in a PC version versus an emulated version. Modders have access to many more resources in a native PC version.

Not saying it will happen, but emulation doesn't really have any bearing on things.

Yes it does, because even the emulated version is simulating a far stronger runtime enviorment and shows the same weak spots.

if the fps is an engine issue that is tied to the original creation of the game, doesnt matter if its emulated or directly ported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom