• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
No analog control.

Probably the most minor catch (I also think the audio might be inferior?) but still!

That's fair though. I've been playing on KB mostly, and testing out the mouse interface a bit as well, but yea, not supporting analog on controllers seems...odd.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
OUTTA NOWHERE.

Damn the backlog I really want to replay this.

You not a fan of the IX port?

They're getting better with the 3D games at least,

Lightning Returns (released last Dec) and Type 0 (August) were both major steps up from 13.

The most recent 2D games, FF6(Dec) and FF5 (September) were bare bones android ports.

The interesting thing about X/X2 is that Square has now pretty much exhausted their reserve of easily portable games. All that's left are mobile versions 1/2 and spin offs like tactics and dimensions.

I'm not even sure what Square would port next after this. 12 is now officially one of the last major hold outs, and it's platform exclusivity doesn't seem nearly as likely as it did before.

cwistofu

Impressed by the low specs. So the PS4 version didn't have big improvements over PS3/Vita or what?

I think it was a steadier framerate, small updates to character models (NPCs were given individual fingers). Nothing huge though. The biggest change was the PS4 version let you switch between remastered and original soundtracks for FFX.

EDIT: slowpoke.jpg

They're getting better with the 3D games at least,

Lightning Returns (released last Dec) and Type 0 (August) were both major steps up from 13.

The most recent 2D games, FF6(Dec) and FF5 (September) were bare bones android ports.

The interesting thing about X/X2 is that Square has now pretty much exhausted their reserve of easily portable games. All that's left are mobile versions 1/2 and spin offs like tactics and dimensions.

I'm not even sure what Square would port next after this.

They have other series to port to PC.

Kingdom Hearts...ALL OF IT!

Taelus

Is there any chance there will be a way to transfer saves from the PS3 version? I messed up trying to get the perfect ending for X-2 and I'd really like to not have to do everything over again.

inner-G

Banned
This will be my 3rd time buying this game Square Enix Pls
What's one more?
d6laVB5.jpg

Is there any chance there will be a way to transfer saves from the PS3 version? I messed up trying to get the perfect ending for X-2 and I'd really like to not have to do everything over again.

I imagine this will use their SE account system like their other ports have done, as far as I recall, the PS3 version of HD didn't have anything like that in there, so...doubtful sadly.

I don't game on PC at all but I would build a PC just for these two games. Would be nice if they released an Xbox One version.

The minimum and recommended specs don't seem all that high, if you have a decent computer from the past few years, could probably run it.

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT VRAM 512MB or later / ATI Radeon HD 2600XT VRAM 512MB or later
Storage: 37 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.4GHz quad-core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 450 / AMD Radeon HD 5750 with 512MB
Storage: 40 GB available space

Parsnip

Officially, not a chance.
Unofficially, who knows.

"Partial Controller Support"

Oh here we go...

It could just mean that whatever frontend launcher they have (as the ports of IX and VIII have the Square-Enix account login/management window) doesn't inherently support a controller...though I could always end up being wrong.

The minimum and recommended specs don't seem all that high, if you have a decent computer from the past few years, could probably run it.

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT VRAM 512MB or later / ATI Radeon HD 2600XT VRAM 512MB or later
Storage: 37 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.4GHz quad-core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 450 / AMD Radeon HD 5750 with 512MB
Storage: 40 GB available space

If you have a laptop or Mac it would still probably run at some setting. This was on PS2/Vita

I think my laptop should be able to run that.

ramyeon

This actually prompted me to buy the PS4 version. Been meaning to for ages but had been putting it off - really enjoyed the Vita remaster. That said I hate that FFX has no NG+. Some of the ultimate weapons and summons are such a pain in the ass to get and it's a shame that you can't bring them over into a new play through really.

Trying getting KH on anything digital first. Disney is so weird about it.

There is a rumored PC build and PC version logos on websites, they aren't fooling anyone.

They said they wanted to build it for PC specifically if they did though, as the console version is running on DX11. They want it to be a technical showcase.

yuraya

This is an automatic label if the game launches a launcher that can't be navigated with a controller before booting the game.

Also if you are required to use keyboard to enter a character name or save file.

Those are usually the only reasons partial gets listed instead of full.

Narroo

...I wish they'd include a way to play the original NA version of the game. Why? Because the Dark Aeons ruin the end game!

They're great on a 2nd playthrough if you want a challange, but they completely ruin all the sub-quests! They single-handedly prevent it from being the definitive version of the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom