• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X HD now starting development at SE First Production Department

Reveirg

If they start the hype campaign around September then it will be about a year before JP launch. That was the case with XIII and XIII-2.

XIII-2's announcement was around a year before the JP launch, yes, but they only started to show regular updates (weekly screenshots/trailers/etc.) around the end of the summer. That's what I meant by "hype campaign", but that wasn't really clear in my original post indeed.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
This suggests that in mid/late-2010, Itou was not even in the S-E Tokyo building. Otherwise there is no reason why the guy would not have been able to reach him, even if he's not considered part of 1stPD. Really, really strange.

I wonder if he's overseas on a big western collaboration...
Maybe he's working on that Unreal Engine Action RPG? They traveled the world to do research for it:
In comments shared with Famitsu, Ichimura reveals that he and the game's staff traveled the world for the past two years and conducted user surveys to research art and gameplay direction for the game. They've finalized the basics.
http://andriasang.com/comz4k/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hmm.....

i would imagine if they actually had a major FF director on board for the project they would say so from the start though. I'm also not convinced that Itou would make an action game.
If he's been working overseas though I wonder if he'd be working on something turn-based either way. Hopefully we hear from him soon though, at least it doesn't seem like he's giving up on big projects just yet.

vertopci

Amazing idea SE. Start with one of the worst RPGs so that no matter which game is remade in HD next, it'll be an upgrade.

duckroll

If he's been working overseas though I wonder if he'd be working on something turn-based either way. Hopefully we hear from him soon though, at least it doesn't seem like he's giving up on big projects just yet.

Turn based Korean MMO for the Asian market confirmed.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Godawful game, but it'll be a guaranteed moneymaker in Japan, and a quick HD port (assuming that's what this is) shouldn't be too hard even for SE.

Give me a HD port of XII next time.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I wish Square could move along with these things, seems they output little in turn for the amount of work they do. I wonder how stressful of an environment it must be at Square or if it is even stressful at all or if the work is as much as it seems.

Luthos

Oh geez.

I don't know how much of a remake this'll be, and how much effort it'll take. But don't announce games before you actually start making them.

duckroll

Oh geez.

I don't know how much of a remake this'll be, and how much effort it'll take. But don't announce games before you actually start making them.

S-E didn't really announce it though, Sony did. Remember Resident Evil Portable????

Lol.

dc89

SE have become the master trolls of the industry in my eyes.

I remember when FFVIII launched back in 1999 and in less than 18 months FFIX launched. Two really good games (yes I like VIII) in 18 months. I understand that games take much longer now but at least they weren't teased for years on end (that I can remember?), you know, you just got to play them.

Cels

Do people really care if this takes a while to come out? If you really really want to play FFX you've had over 10 years to do it. This port or remake, whatever it is, will add visuals and maybe, if we're lucky, a little bit of extra gameplay.

Do people really care if this takes a while to come out? If you really really want to play FFX you've had over 10 years to do it. This port or remake, whatever it is, will add visuals and maybe, if we're lucky, a little bit of extra gameplay.

Yes I really want this. I love FFX and would love to play it again in updated HD visuals.

But I'm fine playing it like it is, which is what I'm doing now.

S-E didn't really announce it though, Sony did. Remember Resident Evil Portable????

Lol.
Did Sony have a rep from Capcom come up during a conference to announce RE:p though? We also got a clip of a soundtrack at least, more than RE:p did presumably.

Also, this has never been confirmed to be a full remake anywhere, stop deluding yourselves people.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Let it come, I will buy it again, I have been swayed by all the comments. But I want X-2 with the last mission, you don't just release the first one without its sucessor to complete the story.

Don't make me pay Yojimbo on you Square, do you really want to take that chance?

Lol, I remember there was a technique to making him do the omega death slash 65-90% of the time?

I remember a point where my characters were all beefed up stats-wise, so much so, that even pops was clinging to his dear life, until I ended it, of course.

Pretty worried about Majora's Mask and Nintendo, though they said they wanted to release a new Zelda before remaking another old one, I know for a fact Nintendo has dementia. lol

StuBurns

Banned
It was announced because the first parties want announcements for their platforms, no matter how early.

I was actually hoping Sony would have grown up a little, and not pushed for that bullshit. At this point, even if Versus remains exclusive (and I would be pretty surprised if it did), anyone who's bought a PS3 specifically for it has really been mislead.

There should be some legal thing in place to stop the first parties promising the world then shrugging it off when the third parties turn tail later. Agent is another one. I'm actually pleased MGS4 never came to 360, not because I at all believe there's a good reason it didn't, but at least Sony didn't lie to everyone about that specific game.

Hanmik

has this fantastic game been announced outside of Japan..? I want it.. I want it bad.. I have the Eu PS2 game .. but no PS2 to play it on..

I don't want a FFVII remake. I still feel like without all weird graphics, odd gameplay choices, and strange sense of humor FFVII won't even be the same game anymore. It will probably just be worse, especially without Sakaguchi. Final Fantasy X just makes more sense because it doesnt really need that much work done, and doesn't really need the original staff to do much of a visual upgrade.

So yeah, I am really looking foward to this. I still have a PS2 save on the International Edition right before the final dungeon, but I honestly rather play the first part again instead of trying to figure out all of the builds of my characters again.

Great. Because this is the FF game everyone's been begging for. -_-

Why does Square-Enix keep announcing games they haven't even started yet?

An insane attempt to appease shareholders, I imagine.

"Yes, yes, we haven't finished those games yet, we're working on them, we promise... BUT LOOK AT THESE 'NEW' GAMES WE PLANNED! SHINY OBJECTS! OOH!"

Would be far more expensive, and far bigger task, than simply upporting FF X. Besides, Japan fucking LOVES FF X for some reason.

Ok, sounds more like a valid reason because I was trying to figure out "why" that particular title was going to be remade. IMO they would make bank if the remade FFVII and they know it.

Erasus

I am just going to guess, but I probably will be like Ico and shadow with mainly an upscale, but maybe some improvements

Would be awesome if totally remade in Crystal Tools, but that wont happen

Top Bottom