• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD - Newly arranged music

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So excited... man FFX and X-2 have some fantastic tunes.

Kinda scared though, I remember my final 100% complete saves for both games were well over 100 hours (maybe 150+ for X-2 Int), this single package could keep me occupied for a truly stupid amount of time.

PS. Yeah, Wandering Flame and Besaid Island are two of my all time favourite pieces of music, I pray they don't mess with them too much.

Seda

The new menus look a lot like the menus they did for FFV iOS. Makes me wonder if this is really all internal SE or if maybe Matrix is involved considering they've done updated remakes and ports of other FF games.

One of the March Famitsu interviews revealed that SE is working with an external studio.

Shahed

It was a shock for me because I went back to get some of the missed things in the trials (I think, it's been a while but I think I backtracked because of it) and suddenly a Dark version of Valefor just came down, started a fight and killed each character it touched like nothing..

I was probably way underleveled (or something like that anyway) and was just not ready for it. but it was a shock. I think the blow came from his 'special' attack that killed us off.

If that's vague at all, it's because this happened years ago so I barely remember much outside of Valefor destroying me.

Oh Dark Valefor is still pretty powerful for coming across randomly. I mean tif you're at the end of the game looking at Ultimate Weapons and catching monsters, Valefor isn't that tough then. More so in comparison to the other Dark Aeons. I believe his damage caps out at 9999, while every other Dark Aeon is 99999. Been over 10 years since I last played it though so i might be wrong!

Bladenic

Wonder if Junya Nakano is still at Square and involved with this remastering in some way.

Either way, HYPED. Except for the trophies.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ugh. I hope Hamauzu isn't rearranging Seymour-Omnis battle theme. I guess if music is being arranged I'll have to listen to it at some point.

Goli

One of the March Famitsu interviews revealed that SE is working with an external studio.

It's gotta be Matrix, then.
For reference (sans the achievement pop-up):
dGnzNod.png

I really wish they had kept the original menus, they had a very late 90's charm to them in that kitchy sort of way ;-;.

RPGCrazied

This has the potential to completely fuck up nostalgia.

Which at E3 they said they didn't want to mess with, one of the reasons why they didn't want to change the way you get the celestial weapons/sigils. Then they go and add all this new stuff.

Pretty funny.

Funny that you mention exactly that number...
No lie, I failed at 198, and then the second time at 199 because I miscounted. Rage inducing. Sometimes I really hate Square minigames (looks at Rhythmic Ice Cream in BBS...)

And is it just me (or that picture) but does Tidus' portrait look slightly redone?

Seda

No lie, I failed at 198, and then the second time at 199 because I miscounted. Rage inducing. Sometimes I really hate Square minigames (looks at Rhythmic Ice Cream in BBS...)

I've replayed FFX a number of times, and each time I do the Lightning dodging I always end up with like 250 because I want to be absolutely sure I passed 200 when I leave to go get rewards.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Do not freaking touch To Zanarkand.

I heartily welcome substantial revisions to Battle Theme \ Fanfare Theme. X's renditions were the worst of recent FF history.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Eternity: Memories of Lightwaves is what I'm waiting to hear, meaning the rearranged version. I have the game version, piano version and orchestra version of this song on my ipod, the only game songs on my ipod.

17UGKGU.jpg

xZ90FCD.jpg

Look carefully at the water pattern underneath Tidus' name. It's different in each screenshot, which means that it's animated.

I think this'll end up closely resembling FFX-2's menus (which were much more animated and alive-looking than FFX's), but with a very heavy water theme (which is a lovely aesthetic fit).

Shahed

The FFV logos look ugly as anything in comparison

I've replayed FFX a number of times, and each time I do the Lightning dodging I always end up with like 250 because I want to be absolutely sure I passed 200 when I leave to go get rewards.

I did it by time. I think I counted how many I got in a minute, and then worked out how long it would take, and gave myself an extra 2 minutes as leeway.

I ended up with 273...

Ixion

17UGKGU.jpg

xZ90FCD.jpg

Look carefully at the water pattern underneath Tidus' name. It's different in each screenshot, which means that it's animated.

I think this'll end up closely resembling FFX-2's menus (which were much more animated and alive-looking than FFX's), but with a very heavy water theme (which is a lovely aesthetic fit).

Great find. I've always loved FFX's focus on water. Animated water in the menus will help further that aesthetic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
17UGKGU.jpg

xZ90FCD.jpg

Look carefully at the water pattern underneath Tidus' name. It's different in each screenshot, which means that it's animated..
Nice find! That's awesome. I really want to see it in motion~

legacyzero

Banned
Can I have a release date now? You can have my money anytime you want, SE. Just PLEASE, DONT FUCK UP THAT SOUNDTRACK!

You're free to take out the laughing scene though :lol

really at this point, why not add some useful features like a turbo mode for battles too?

replayed ffx on pcsx2 recently, pretty much had to have turbo mode on full blast most of the time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're free to take out the laughing scene though :lol
The first "real" bonding time between Tidus and Yuna, and an absolute brilliant cutscene. I personally love(d) it to death and I get emotional during it.

legacyzero

Banned
The first "real" bonding time between Tidus and Yuna, and an absolute brilliant cutscene. I personally love(d) it to death and I get emotional during it.

But.... It's uncomfortable :(

:lol

They went whole hog with this HD remaster.

And GOD, do I hope it's successful. Maybe everyone else will take notice and follow suit when doing HD remasters. HD remakes done right.

HeelPower

speaking of bonding ENDING SPOILERS
I can't believe it..is Tidus 'returning' actually a canon ending ???? How could they possibly trivialize FFX's ending just like that??? I feel so bitter that the new audio drama might just step on FFX's original ending if they just revive Tidus so simply.I hate this ending with a passion simply because it does away with Yuna's final words in FFX. He should only live in her memory.

Even more excited for this now looking at those menu shots. I really do hope the arrangements sound nice and don't tamper too much with the original score, which is my favorite video game ost.

I can't believe it..is Tidus 'returning' actually a canon ending ???? How could they possibly trivialize FFX's ending just like that??? I feel so bitter that the new audio drama might just step on FFX's original ending if they just revive Tidus so simply.I hate this ending with a passion simply because it does away with Yuna's final words in FFX. He should only live in her memory.

Uh, have you played FFX-2?

injurai

Banned
17UGKGU.jpg

xZ90FCD.jpg

oh lord it's glorious, I'm having such a hard time deciding to go PS3 or vita... but seeing as I'm trying to play all the mainline games in order It may be a while before I have to decide.

Ixion

If we don't count Type-0, Crisis Core, FF11, 12, 13 or 14.

I agree.

FFXII's soundtrack disappointed me at first because it lacked variety and wasn't as memorable as previous entries, but it's grown on me immensely over the years (just like the rest of the game). It really is a beautiful soundtrack, and definitely the most epic. No contest. I won't argue with someone who think this soundtrack surpasses FFX's.

Crisis Core has a handful of very good metal tracks, which is unique for the series (besides Advent Children), but I thought it wasn't great besides that.

FFXIII just had a poor man's FFX soundtrack IMO. It had similar variety, but it just wasn't as memorable overall.

I played the FFXIV beta for about 7 or 8 hours and I liked what I heard, but I need to play it more.

Haven't played Type-0 or FFXI.

I really wish they had kept the original menus, they had a very late 90's charm to them in that kitchy sort of way ;-;.
I love the new animated-water backgrounds for the stat menus, but I wish they kept in the original start-up just 'cause. It's definitely turn-of-the-decade in the best way imaginable, and there's something funny about looking at the old stuff and then switching to the new.

Please provide an option for the original soundtrack, Squeenix! Hamauzu rearranging stuff like the battle theme is awesome, but these remixed albums can be inconsistent.

Aurizen

Menu looks fantastic. Now just give me a release date and I'll forgive you for a little while, SE...

yes! I've been dying for a release date! its August now they should at least tell us now, they have 4 months they should give an estimate at least like October 2013 or so.

to this day, i still am not really sure what the whole 'under the sea' cutscene is about. Is it just implied sex?

also, are they redoing cutscenes for 16:9 or keep 4:3 or, teh worst thing, crop it for 16:9?

It was a set up for X-2
but has been "YOU CAN'T IGNORE ME" canon since 2003 so...

On the other hand, if you DON'T enjoy happiness, forget to press X at arbitrary moments during X-2. BAM
Tidus doesn't come back but in game and he "lives on in her heart" but it's it's not the true end of the game, and if you play Last mission, he's still there. Actually Yuna's words at the end don't mean much in general by the time your dealing with Spira post Sin in X-2

What is up with Last mission anyway? They could at least do DLC for it.

to this day, i still am not really sure what the whole 'under the sea' cutscene is about. Is it just implied sex?
Pretty much, yes. Also they brought that song and had to put it somewhere, dammit.

HeelPower

It was a set up for X-2
but has been "YOU CAN'T IGNORE ME" canon since 2003 so...

On the other hand, if you DON'T enjoy happiness, forget to press X at arbitrary moments during X-2. BAM
Tidus doesn't come back but in game and he "lives on in her heart" but it's it's not the true end of the game, and if you play Last mission, he's still there. Actually Yuna's words at the end don't mean much in general by the time your dealing with Spira post Sin in X-2

If Tidus comes back then sin and the aeons should come back. Doesn't the final sending necessitate this ? Tidus was simply a product of the fayth. He couldn't possibly come back. If he comes back in the form of an unsent his existence would be unstable as well(and he could potentially become a fiend)...

Top Bottom