• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD - Newly arranged music

Steroyd

Trophies for killing Penance and all the prerequisite dark aeons? Lord Jyscal, have mercy on us.

I hope they fucking fix Dark Yojimbo, his bs one hit kills is one thing but not being able to save or have a checkpoint like system inbetween the 5 times you have to kill him is rage inducing bullshit.

It took me hours to beat him 3 times in a row, only to find out anti-petrification doesn't work. :'(

Noi

I've put up with so much lightning in the last 3-4 years that this shouldn't be a problem

21Gs628.gif

Sean*O

With FFIV Complete Collection they gave us the choice of Arranged or Original, hopefully they'll do the same for this release.

I sure hope so. I listened to that OST for many years after the game, I hope this isn't about royalties or some shit and both versions are optional.

BHK3

Banned
Lightning? Oh boy, in order to get the special weapons didn't you like have to finish chocobo races with like 0:00:0.1 left on the clock or something? It's been so long and I never got everything for the game, I stopped at yunasleca before a friend gave me his cheated file with all the aeons and weapons, fun times.

Vashetti

Banned
Looks beautiful.

Nice and clean but still resembles the original menus.

And my god, the trophies in this game are going to be a nightmare.

GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will play this game for a week non-stop. Mark my words.

I've already saved vacation days for this game... umbasa.

The_Monk

Another great news for these two games, thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

Very curious to have them in my hands. Going for the Vita version. Is there any news about it? One game case with two carts in it? 2 Cases for each game? This is not going to be digital only, right?

Seda

I really like the new menus, and yeah I share similar sentiment to those worried about rearranged music not living up to the originals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

This will be the best game for 2 generations in a row.

Funny and sad at the same time.
Fixed... and yeah, that's funny and sad.

I haven't replayed FFX since 2006 or something, just because I knew that shit would get an HD release at some point... and here we are :_:

I wanna platinum this, but fuck I know I probably won't be able to win that stupid Chocobo race for the Sun Sigil. Maybe my reflexes are better than teenage me.

I may be able to play blitzball and dodge 200 bolts again (ugh...)

Well, the new music arrangements should be cool. And the new menus look sweet. Time to forget this gen and go back in time and pretend these are the new FF's.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, probably won't be platinumed either like KH. I will not do the 200 dodge thing, you can easily mess that up. Can you imagine? 198 done, then you mess up, talk about hair pulling out.

Yoshichan

Yeah, probably won't be platinumed either like KH. I will not do the 200 dodge thing, you can easily mess that up. Can you imagine? 198 done, then you mess up, talk about hair pulling out.
Funny that you mention exactly that number...
I once failed at lightning dodges at 198.

Yep.

Wow the screens looks awesome... I like the updated look of the menus and stuff.

What do they mean by 'newly arranged'? Will there be new music or just remixed?

I loved the soundtrack of FFX too

This will be the first HD game I will buy... already beaten FFX and FFX-2 but would like to live through it again and this HD release seems pretty legit.

Yoshichan

Do we know if the cutscenes are skippable?

This part of the start screen always confused me:

1Znipku.png

They had plans on making FFX connected with PlayOnline for what reasons, exactly?

FFIX was the first Final Fantasy game to do this, the idea was to use the website to give exclusive content/hints/tips/etc. FFIX's strategy guide was complete crap because of the constant linking to the POL site (which I think is entirely nuked except for the FFXI side of things)

PlayOnline was once so important, it was the launcher/service for 3 of SE's major MMOs -- FFXI, ..some JP MMO whose name escape me, and the Japanese version of EverQuest 2. Oh, and online TetraMaster. That was once a thing.

If it's anything like Kingdom Hearts 1.5, it might simply be a very slight arrangement recorded with live instruments. The result on Kingdom Hearts was phenomenal.

Here are some tracks:
- Bustin'Up on the Beach
- Traverse Town
- Hand in Hand
- Scherzo Di Notte

Still waiting for the release date and some info on the Vita version...

Oh god, the Hollow Bastion fight track sounds horrible..I'm worried now >.<; (Then again, Traverse Town sounded amazing...)

Just don't screw it up SE. FFX has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

Those menus are awesome......This comes out in October, right? Right? RIGHT?!?!? (Yeah I know, no release date. Thinking November to replace where Lightning Returns was...that'd be my guess)

Stuart444

My first encounter with a dark aeon was hilarious... I had no idea they even existed and I was roaming around in Thunder Plains doing something random. That's when I saw this guy standing near my save point...

"Wtf?"

I was positive that this man wasn't standing here before (I had been spending over 200 hours grinding in Thunder Plains... don't ask me why). I speak to him, boom - Dark Shiva. How did the encounter go? Well... her 255 Agility dominated all of my characters and she killed every single one of my characters without me even doing one command :lol Loved it. As a kid, I thought I had found a glitch because of how impossible that felt.

I had a similar situation except it was returning to Besaid, I went up to try and enter the place and BOOM, Dark Valefor...

Needless to say I never beat it and I never went back there again.

This time will be different

Shahed

Those new menus are a massive improvement. If all they do is remaster the music, then I'll be happy. But if they can find a way to include the X-2 piano collections, I might even get it for Vita!

I had a similar situation except it was returning to Besaid, I went up to try and enter the place and BOOM, Dark Valefor...

Needless to say I never beat it and I never went back there again.

This time will be different

Valefor isn't that hard in that it doesn't do a lot of damage or require a much stat grinding. Just make sure you revisit the Coister of Trials as soon as you can though!

Yoshichan

What if this is released the same month/week as PS4...
Oh, and online TetraMaster. That was once a thing. )
Should've gone with Triple Triad.

Subaru

What's the difference between DefenSe and DefenCe?

17UGKGU.jpg

GM49pzv.png

Didn't like it the new menus, and this font is very... clean. I don't like it.

Goli

The new menus look a lot like the menus they did for FFV iOS. Makes me wonder if this is really all internal SE or if maybe Matrix is involved considering they've done updated remakes and ports of other FF games.

Stuart444

Are you sure about that :D?!

I am... *shakes fist* I will defeat all the Dark Aeons this time.
I hope so anyway >_>

Valefor isn't that hard in that it doesn't do a lot of damage or require a much stat grinding. Just make sure you revisit the Coister of Trials as soon as you can though!

It was a shock for me because I went back to get some of the missed things in the trials (I think, it's been a while but I think I backtracked because of it) and suddenly a Dark version of Valefor just came down, started a fight and killed each character it touched like nothing..

I was probably way underleveled (or something like that anyway) and was just not ready for it. but it was a shock. I think the blow came from his 'special' attack that killed us off.

If that's vague at all, it's because this happened years ago so I barely remember much outside of Valefor destroying me.

Top Bottom