• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD - Newly arranged music

I am excited to expeience X's story again, but more excited to play X-2, it was more fun IMO. Especially since we're getting the Int version. Also liked X2's story.

I never actually finished X-2, but I remember really enjoying it. I think I made it all the way to the end dungeon but got stuck at a puzzle/fight
Some kind of jumping musical platform puzzle I had no idea how to solve. I got it wrong and then it forced me to fight a guy who kicked my ass
If Tidus comes back then sin and the aeons should come back. Doesn't the final sending necessitate this ? Tidus was simply a product of the fayth. He couldn't possibly come back. If he comes back in the form of an unsent his existence would be unstable as well(and he could potentially become a fiend)...

Aeons are Gods or whatever right? Just by dreaming they were able to will a human into existence. Now that they're awake (that's what happens at the end of X right? Can barely remember) they could probably do whatever the fuck they feel like!

:D

HeelPower

Aeons are Gods or whatever right? Just by dreaming they were able to will a human into existence. Now that they're awake (that's what happens at the end of X right? Can barely remember) they could probably do whatever the fuck they feel like!

:D

FFX SPOILERS
you mean the fayth not aeons right ? Fayth are human souls that persist in statues made by yevon.Certain important figures became fayth which grants the ability to manipulate pyreflies(sort of life/energy particles in spira)..Fayth create aeons , the zanarkand at the start of the game, Tidus and other stuff in their sleep...In the end of FFX Yuna sends everything into the Farplane..Tidus cannot simply exist independent of all this lore to satisfy mad fangirls

FFX SPOILERS
you mean the fayth not aeons right ? Fayth are human souls that persist in statues made by yevon.Certain important figures became fayth which grants the ability to manipulate pyreflies(sort of life/energy particles in spira)..Fayth create aeons , the zanarkand at the start of the game, Tidus and other stuff in their sleep...In the end of FFX Yuna sends everything into the Farplane..Tidus cannot simply exist independent of all this lore to satisfy mad fangirls

Tidus comes back in FFX-2. If you don't like it, you should be equally mad that FFX-2 is included in the package.

Why do they need to change anything? Just have the menus the same. Fucking Square Enix, They already ruined Star Ocean 2 by adding shit voices and anime to it.

HeelPower

Tidus comes back in FFX-2. If you don't like it, you should be equally mad that FFX-2 is included in the package.

I am not mad and I like X-2. I also think its a great game. I just don't and wont put much value into a forced happy ending.As a fan , I am entitled to think of this ending as simply a what if scenario and nothing more.

TheChaos0

Is anyone else more interested in the X-2 side of things? I love X, but X-2 is one of my favorite RPGs ever.

I never really finished X-2, I got to around maybe 30%. Gameplay was superb, LeBlanc though, haha :) Time to finish what I've started oh so long ago.

FFX SPOILERS

Yeah, I do need to play this again, haha.

But I think my point still stands that "They gots magic, yo."

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
New arrangements by Hamauzu? Fantastic. I think he's on par with Uematsu, but I love his strings. Best case scenario, the new arrangements blow me and my years of nostalgia away. Worst case, I'll just ignore them. I'll take it.

Roto13

I am not mad and I like X-2. I also think its a great game. I just don't and wont put much value into a forced happy ending.As a fan , I am entitled to think of this ending as simply a what if scenario and nothing more.

I guess you're entitled to deny the reality of the story, sure. That's delusional, but it's not, like, illegal or anything.

I actually seem to recall something about an always accessible strategy guide, but I guess that'd only cut into their strategy guide sales... unless they made that an add-on. Now that I think about it I sort of wonder why more DON'T do that, you could even argue EarthBound just did that albeit as a mandatory bundle at $2 more than a normal SNES game. Maybe with the OS features of PS4 and XB1 we'll actually see it?

Well, I know there's Prima guides on Steam, but I don't know exactly how those work.

This is what they planned to do with PlayOnline originally for FFX. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vckLXI7x4

Ok, those menu screens brought my hype level up quite fast. I need to take deep breaths and calm down. It's been about 7 or so years since I went through the entire game.

teiresias

This part of the start screen always confused me:

1Znipku.png

They had plans on making FFX connected with PlayOnline for what reasons, exactly?

The original reveal of the game back in 2000 actually illustrated how they thought PlayOnline integration would work. Here's a video from that

Square Millenium Event

They unveiled FFIX, FFX, and had a "art asset" reveal of FFXI at this event at the time.

I like the new menus, but I think the old colors actually went with the general aesthetic design of the game.

neoemonk

I should be able to pull my 175 hour save from my PS2 memory card and automatically get the platinum. I was saving money to move out of my grandmother's house when FF X came out and all I did was go to work and play that game.

Absolutely. You are also entitled to not listen to the new audio drama.

For what it's worth, I agree that the Tidus-doesn't-come-back ending of FFX-2 is the most satisfying version of the story. I just think it's silly to get angry about the bonus material being included.

Otherworld works well within the context of the game's opening, but not so well within the context of the Braska's Final Auron fight, IMO.

Which reminds me: I wish the on-board-the-airship music in the very end of the game switched back to the calm piano tune that you get between Home and Evrae, instead of constantly being in that faster "omg gotta attack sin" theme.

Ateron

For 7 years, I never cared for platinum trophies. This will be my first, and it will be the easiest ever, I´ve always completed the damn game 100%, once every year since it came out.

Sadly, my fat ps3 died last year..while I was playing it, during the summer. Can't wait for the damned game. I hope they don't change the music too much, if it's in line with the re-arrangements of KH 1.5 i'm totally okay with it. They should add a nice lightning bolt dodge counter, like a poster above mentioned, maybe change kimahri a bit (he's supposed to be a jack of all trades, master of none but no one that I know ever liked him or used him).

Hope they fix Tidus' movement, cause he would get "stuck" when there was an abrupt change in the camera angle and you had to release the analog to steer him right again. This would help a lot of people on the chocobo racing, for instance.

Since the image quality is retouched the butterfly minigame should be easier now. In the old version it was kinda easy to mistake different colored butterflies and that would fuck up a run.

Maybe they could add new Blitzball players too, or make an online vs mode, it would be awesome.

Sorry for the slight off topic, I just love this game to death :)

Seik

Banned
Otherworld?

Otherworld was great.

I actually came into this thread hoping they'd say they were going to have the Black Mages version of it. That was an AWESOME cover.

Haha, yeah, true that, The Black Mages nailed it. Though I'd prefer the original song to stay, just because it was kinda mysterious back then. I remember arguing with a bunch of people that Rammstein didn't do this song.

Trophies for killing Penance and all the prerequisite dark aeons? Lord Jyscal, have mercy on us.

"Have mercy," indeed. Have mercy on anyone who plays FFX with an interest in trophies.

Don't care about trophies at all? Intend to play FFX more or less the same way you did back in 2001? You'll be fine. Enjoy.

Hmm aslong as they only remaster the songs I'm happy and I'm with everyone, the new menu looks awesome! :D It's just... listening to the full half-hour of Besaid Island in the OP makes me want to to put my FFX disk in my PC, fire-up PCSX 2 and replay it now... but then the HD remakes will come relatively soon and if I replay the PS2 version now it won't feel as fresh... and yet I have this urge... someone help me! :(

Ateron

"Have mercy," indeed. Have mercy on anyone who plays FFX with an interest in trophies.

Don't care about trophies at all? Intend to play FFX more or less the same way you did back in 2001? You'll be fine. Enjoy.

I agree with you, but there are people who like to grind and make their characters powerhouses. After a while, what would be the point to gather all the celestial weapons and bump up their stats to 255 if there were no worthy enemies to defeat? In ff XII you gained the Wyrmhero Blade AFTER defeating Yazmat. What was the point, since there wasn't tougher enemies to use it on?

That's what I like about FFX. The story was awesome, the minigames were spot on, and there was a huge chunk of side-quests and content for those who had finished the main quest. FF XII was very good in that regard, but XIII was a disapointment.

I'd say most of the players that will fight the dark aeons will do so for the joy of fighting hard opponents, not for the trophy per se. I don't give a damn about the trophies, they will come naturally since the Dark Aeons and Penance were the best part about the game, (in terms of end game material) and every time I tried to come up with more effective ways to kill them.

It's not a task for everyone of course, it may seem pointless to many, many players, but for some it's the meat of the game.

I agree with you, but there are people who like to grind and make their characters powerhouses. After a while, what would be the point to gather all the celestial weapons and bump up their stats to 255 if there were no worthy enemies to defeat? In ff XII you gained the Wyrmhero Blade AFTER defeating Yazmat. What was the point, since there wasn't tougher enemies to use it on?

That's what I like about FFX. The story was awesome, the minigames were spot on, and there was a huge chunk of side-quests and content for those who had finished the main quest. FF XII was very good in that regard, but XIII was a disapointment.

I'd say most of the players that will fight the dark aeons will do so for the joy of fighting hard opponents, not for the trophy per se. I don't give a damn about the trophies, they will come naturally since the Dark Aeons and Penance were the best part about the game, (in terms of end game material) and every time I tried to come up with more effective ways to kill them.

It's not a task for everyone of course, it may seem pointless to many, many players, but for some it's the meat of the game.

I'm in agreement with you insofar as a player performs all of those difficult tasks for the sheer enjoyment of doing them. Want a fully filled sphere grid for each party member? Knock yourself out. But if one does it just for the sake of getting a trophy, that's a horrible waste of time.

HeelPower

Absolutely. You are also entitled to not listen to the new audio drama.

For what it's worth, I agree that the Tidus-doesn't-come-back ending of FFX-2 is the most satisfying version of the story. I just think it's silly to get angry about the bonus material being included.

Its funny that I actually played X-2 before X. I freaking love this game. I amnot mad in anyway xp Its really a great game.

ss_lemonade

This is a genius post :lol

I've done it multiple times and never realized that there was a pattern...

There's a spot where the lightning always hits twice (or 3x?) in a fixed interval, so it's just a matter of running back and forth in that same spot. Found it by accident when I borrowed a friend's ps2 for FF X

Seeing those screens, listening to that music, and reading everyone's comments is quickly making me believe this HD remaster will be my game of the fall. FFX (and X-2 to an extent) holds such a large place in my gaming heart. So much nostalgia around that experience. Best is, I haven't replayed it in over 5 years so this will be a fairly fresh experience for me.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I didn't find FFX soundtrack all that memorable to be completely honest. I'd easily take 13-2's or 5's over it.

Top Bottom