• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD - Newly arranged music

Lol Star Ocean 2 had way worse voices in the original.

While this is in all reality true, the original did not have voiced dialogue except in battle and a couple of dire FMVs, which meant that while the voices were far, far more terrible, you weren't forced to listen to them during the story and thus it is easy to think of the PSP remake being 'worse' in some respects due to that.

Personally, I just wish they'd put First Departure and Second Evolution on PSN so I could play them on my Vita. Add Crisis Core while they're at it.

There's a spot where the lightning always hits twice (or 3x?) in a fixed interval, so it's just a matter of running back and forth in that same spot. Found it by accident when I borrowed a friend's ps2 for FF X

I remember using that pretty recently, excellent trick
the screen just north of the travel agency, iirc? Goes in a BAM...BAM -- BAM, one single, two quick ones?

Deadly

the screen just north of the travel agency, iirc? Goes in a BAM...BAM -- BAM, one single, two quick ones?
Wow I wish I had known about that... I think I was only missing 2 ultimate weapon before I decided to end the game. That one and Wakka's IIRC.

kurbaan

Banned
Why do I get the feeling they're going to replace 'Suteki Da Ne' in some Leona Lewis-esque fashion because that would be 'too Japanese'.

This;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3IxVy_tuAI

With this (or something similar);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug7KNoiT2xU

I bet they do it.

If this happens...

0084_7mwy.gif

akaoni

Banned
I can see something like that going along very well to that Tidus and Yuna scene. I can also see me canceling my preorder if it were to happen.

I imagine they'll leave the Tidus and Yuna one alone because there was no English recording of the non-orchestral version (unless I'm unaware), while the work is already done for the ending orchestral version.

They'll be all like... "HD REMASTER MEANS DIFFERENT!" when the credits roll.

Sami+

Why do I get the feeling they're going to replace 'Suteki Da Ne' in some Leona Lewis-esque fashion because that would be 'too Japanese'.

This;

I bet they do it.

I think they both sound gorgeous, to be honest. Then again, I haven't played X yet. The Distant Worlds version was the first time I heard the song.

In regards to the whole OST, if the remasters are as good as Kingdom Hearts HD's then I'm happy.

RalchAC

Isn't there any notice about a retail release for the Vita version?

If after announcing that the games will be sold separately becuase of catridges space problems they said they are going DD only I will go Japan and throw some Molotov's Cocktails inside a certain office lol.

Ixion

I guess you're entitled to deny the reality of the story, sure. That's delusional, but it's not, like, illegal or anything.

I like FFX's ending a lot more than FFX-2's perfect ending. I prefer bittersweet endings in general.

So I just consider FFX the ending.

Great ost by great composers but it 's very clear that metal music is not one of their strengths.

What about the Advent Children soundtrack and his Black Mages work? Not a fan?

Aurizen

I wonder if they plan to make Suteki da ne in english.. I dont mind actually, i like it in english....

we should contact SE to see if we could get a release date. :3

Seda

I think they both sound gorgeous, to be honest. Then again, I haven't played X yet. The Distant Worlds version was the first time I heard the song.

In regards to the whole OST, if the remasters are as good as Kingdom Hearts HD's then I'm happy.

I quite like both versions of Suteki Da Ne as well. Honestly don't really care which version they decide to go with.

"My friend and I are eating pizza while we watch anime... We see we're down to the last slice and stare each other down... This song starts playing."

From the comments on the Challenge video. lmao

I'll platinum FFX no matter what. It's my favorite game ever. The remake looks fantastic. seeing as almost all gamers have HDTVs now it just makes sense.

ss_lemonade

Yup, I believe that's the spot where it happens and how it strikes. You just need a bit of patience but all in all, the lightning challenge is pretty easy once you get the timing. The butterflies though and the chocobo race thing? Fuck those

Hopefully the soundtrack is remastered better than how they remastered the player models

I can't wait to listen X-2 soundtrack remastered, screw the haters it was awesome.

Let Me Blow You a Kiss
Nemuru Omoi

No remaster could ever fix this God-Awful track

Crazy Chocobo has nothing on that piece of shit...

Most of X-2's music was pretty good. The battle themes were jazzy, the Zanarkand Ruins had a good track, and of course, Vegnagun Returns

Yup, I believe that's the spot where it happens and how it strikes. You just need a bit of patience but all in all, the lightning challenge is pretty easy once you get the timing. The butterflies though and the chocobo race thing? Fuck those

Hopefully the soundtrack is remastered better than how they remastered the player models

You know, I see people whining about the chocobo race thing.....I know a year ago, I did it on my PS2 and got it on maybe the third/fourth try. I remember it being similarly easy back in 2002....maybe I just have a knack for it. I'd race 1000 Chocobo's with a 0:00:0 time before I dodge 200 lightning bolts again.

I wish they would remaster the
Jecht fight at the end
with something that doesn't sound like a shitty garage band rock cover.

Literally my only problem with FFX. Yes, I know, you guys probably think it's awesome. That's fine but it didn't work for me.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

WoolyNinja

I've been watching a speedrun through FFX and the dialog/voice acting is borderline terrible. I wonder if any effort went to fixing some of the strange translation issues, wrong tone of phrases, etc?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I didn't find FFX soundtrack all that memorable to be completely honest. I'd easily take 13-2's or 5's over it.

I'd rate it the lowest in the IV-XIV span, but on the other hand, To Zanarkand \ Suteki da Ne.

Squire

Banned
Mixed tracks can be troubling sometimes, but I REALLY doubt they'll be handled porly here.

Honestly, the music team is the only part of SE Japan that kept it together this generation.

Probably because the top guys are freelancers now.

Epcott

Was just thinking about the FFX remaster ost yesterday while listening to Distant Worlds II.

If they use that album's rendition of Zanarkand, I will be happy.

I still think FFVI Nobuo is best Nobuo.

This;

I bet they do it.

This is disgusting. The song would have worked in english if they have written it like a poem, with lines finishing with rhymes. Also, what the fuck @ "suteki da ne" in the middle of an english song ?

They could have honestly done a better job with adapting the song in another language. It's okay for the song to not be 100% faithfully translated; you have to make some concessions for it to sound good. Languages and whatnot.

No remaster could ever fix this God-Awful track

Crazy Chocobo has nothing on that piece of shit...

Get the f out; this song is awesome.

A-DA-DAYE, CHIQUITITO !!!

:D

ubercheez

You know, I see people whining about the chocobo race thing.....I know a year ago, I did it on my PS2 and got it on maybe the third/fourth try. I remember it being similarly easy back in 2002....maybe I just have a knack for it. I'd race 1000 Chocobo's with a 0:00:0 time before I dodge 200 lightning bolts again.

You have a knack for it, and I'm jealous. I undertook this challenge when I replayed the game a few years ago and it was the most rage-inducing session of gaming I think I've ever had.

Sean*O

I like FFX's ending a lot more than FFX-2's perfect ending. I prefer bittersweet endings in general.

So I just consider FFX the ending.

What about the Advent Children soundtrack and his Black Mages work? Not a fan?

I haven't heard that yet, honestly didn't even know about Black Mages so thanks I have something new to listen to. Judging simply by what was on the actual OSTs I don't think Metal or Rock music was in his bag but now I'll have to check this out.

Even if it doesn't float my boat it's OK because that guy is brilliant with compositions and I've been a fan since FFII (US) owned several OST's from the FF series and all that.

You have a knack for it, and I'm jealous. I undertook this challenge when I replayed the game a few years ago and it was the most rage-inducing session of gaming I think I've ever had.

Well, I suppose that's a fair tradeoff, as I've never been able to (
legitimately)
dodge 200 lightning strikes in a row. I'd lose focus at ~150 or so.

fates

I really hate it when game music is rearranged for things like this and you don't get an option for the original music. It's like that in Zero no Kiseki Evolution. Most of the arrangements are inferior to the originals. I love Hamauzu, I really do, but some of the music is great the way it was. Especially Wandering Flame omg.

They are releasing rearrangement OSTs (or remasters? I honestly haven't heard them yet) for all the games this year, I'm guessing this is to coincide with when they get to X? V is in a few weeks (?) and VI in September...

But yeah FFX's soundtrack was really good. Wonder why they felt the need to redo it.

Tiamant

What are the differences between vanilla X-2 and International? I know about the extra dresspheres and Last Mission but are there any tweaks in the gameplay like FFXII Zodiac?

Rashid

Banned
Newly arranged music? Is this something lost in translation or are they moving bits of the music into a different order or so it plays a different area? I'm assuming they're just redoing the original music with higher quality.

Top Bottom