• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster - 12/26 Japanese release (for real this time)

Clov

I'm glad there's a release date in Japan now! Hopefully we get North American release dates soon as well.

Hopefully we still get physical copies of the Vita versions, as well.

Sitrus

No, they actually do fluctuate quite a bit, much more than ours do. There are a lot of Vita games going for the upper ¥5000 range, like Project Diva, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, and Gundam Breaker. P4G was ¥7900. Ours don't even come close to that. $24.99 each or $40 bundle seems more likely.

Indeed, ¥3600 is actually quite a low price for JP PSN. Many PSP titles still are around ¥5000 with some up to around ¥6500.

AmanoBuff

I am very curious as to why they withheld the Vita pricing (and even packaging) for so long. Did they decided upon it until the last minute? Or perhaps they wanted to give the PS3 version some momentum before the Vita packs were announced?

Any guesses anyone?

VxUZq1T.jpg

And seems like Last Mission is officially official too.

Its beautiful. Wish it came out here at the same time. This would so be my christmas game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The best game of this generation.

And last.

Are they re-doing the FMV cut-scenes? I'm just curious if the characters are gonna still look asian in the movies or not. Not that I mind either way. I just wanna re-experience this beautiful game and it's story again.

Finally a release date. The NA and EU release dates should follow soon as well. That box art for the Vita double pack is gorgeous. I've just made it a wallpaper on my Vita

Banzai

You know, I'd be excited, but I bet if I even started to be the western release would be announced to happen 6 months later.

You know, I'd be excited, but I bet if I even started to be the western release would be announced to happen 6 months later.

Honestly, I don't mind the delay so long as the game ends up being a worthy remake of the original. This game is up there with VII for me.

I can't believe they redid this art. I squealed like a girl when I saw it on Gemstsu.

We should get it by the end of January.

So freaking pretty. I know all the characters have multiple versions, but it threw me off a bit to see Yuna look more white as opposed to asian. But, the art is still gorgeous regardless.

Banzai

Honestly, I don't mind the delay so long as the game ends up being a worthy remake of the original. This game is up there with VII for me.

Oh, absolutely, X is my favorite. But if there was such a delay, it would be pretty much just for localization. They wouldn't release it in japan and then keep improving upon the graphics or content.

Squire

Banned
FFX-TidusYuna_artwork.jpg

This was the original art, right? Was it Nomura's work? It looks like Nomura's style.

The colors look a little off on that, but I haven't seen the original in a while and I think it only existed as a scan until this new version for the remaster, so there's a few different qualities floating around online.

I'd always assumed it was done by Nomura, myself, but I don't know for sure.

Squire

Banned
It's definitely Numora. His style is bleeding through that. I always adore his pieces that look look like this.

I like most of his art generally, but I really think his best work is in FFX. On the whole it's one of the most visually striking games in the series.

Wazzy

Banned
I like most of his art generally, but I really think his best work is in FFX. On the whole it's one of the most visually striking games in the series.
My bias aside(my avy) I think VIII was his most clean and well done artwork.

While I enjoyed X's visual flair and colours, sometimes the designs just went too overboard and were all over the place. Lulu and Tidus's clothing are prime examples. That's not to say I don't love his X work, it's one of my favourites, it's just those kind of things keep me from considering it his best.

But most of his work I enjoy and find things to love. VIII just happens to be my favourite of his along with Parasite Eve.

Squire

Banned
My bias aside(my avy) I think VIII was his most clean and well done artwork.

While I enjoyed X's visual flair and colours, sometimes the designs just went too overboard and were all over the place. Lulu and Tidus's clothing are prime examples. That's not to say I don't love his X work, it's one of my favourites, it's just those kind of things keep me from considering it his best.

But most of his work I enjoy and find things to love. VIII just happens to be my favourite of his along with Parasite Eve.

Haha, I'm pretty biased myself! FFX is my favorite game ever. I can see what you're saying though. I like how outlandish some of the outfits are though, myself. FFX is one of the few instances where the series breaks away from the typical futuristic and/or western fantasy look. It's very Asian, but what I love about it is how floral and fungal it looks. Sin and the ruins everywhere and the jungle areas show you just how dominant a force nature itself is in that world. It's so beautiful.

On that topic: Since they're making new Ultimanias, I might import the one for the art!

FFVIII's art is awesome too. Some really sleek designs there.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I got 20 hours into this in Easter. But I got stuck and thought I'll start again with the HD version. Cannot wait! But the question is Vita or PS3?

AmanoBuff

I got 20 hours into this in Easter. But I got stuck and thought I'll start again with the HD version. Cannot wait! But the question is Vita or PS3?

Depends on your gaming tastes.

In my case, I already played this on my TV years ago, and now I really enjoy gaming on my Vita, and seeing this game and its gorgeous color palette in that glorious OLED is going to be bliss.

But of course, there is only one right answer to your question: Get both and support FFXII HD in the process! :D

Loakum

Banned
Man how Final Fantasy X made me cry. I'm talking, "the ugly cry". The only other game that made me do that is Metal Gear Solid 3 SnakeEater.

Loving that CG art. Phone wallpaper right there.

Is a western release still "Winter" then? Hopefully it'll drop the same week, otherwise it will fall into January at the best, which would only be a week after but eh, it'd be a great last minute Christmas buy for many people.

rataven

FFX-TidusYuna_artwork.jpg

This was the original art, right? Was it Nomura's work? It looks like Nomura's style.

I thought the new art looked familiar. What a great homage.

Would love to see them do something similar for X-2 as well. An updated version of this minus the writing would look amazing.

vyhuKVe.jpg

Man, I hope we don't have to wait too long for the NA release. I'm so ready for this.

Good... good... just hope they add some microtransactions that'll cut the play time in half now.

Vita double pack is the same price as the PS3 version? That seems uncharacteristically nice of SE... but why do I get the feeling it won't end up being the case outside Japan? Assuming we even get a physical Vita release outside Japan.

hongcha

Aaaand, they're off to the Amazon Japan races!

Ft8hSfv.jpg

The Vita Twin Pack currently out front by a nose.

The ugly Vita FFX/X-2 Hardware bundle, not pictured above, is #4

arumisan

I thought the new art looked familiar. What a great homage.

Would love to see them do something similar for X-2 as well. An updated version of this minus the writing would look amazing.

vyhuKVe.jpg

Man, I hope we don't have to wait too long for the NA release. I'm so ready for this.

Oh my god, I would so love to see that in the new CG style! The one with Tidus and Yuna is so amazing too <3

TheChaos0

I knew SE wasn't stupid enough not to release physical versions of both games in 1 box. Dual Pack box art is gorgeous!

Hype...

Hoping the western versions have that CG as a special cover. For example, Card box (with flat CG artwork) housing the amaray (traditional white cover) with a nice sleeve (visual effect layer of the CG artwork) over it the entire package (so sleeve > box > insides)

SirNinja

So damn nice. Why can't we get cover art like that here in the US?

What would the chances of this coming out before Christmas in NA?

Very slim. Localization for Last Mission probably pushed all non-JP versions back a month or two. Unless they surprise us with news of a simultaneous launch, I think it's safe to say everyone else will be getting this early next year.

Top Bottom