• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Protocol7

Glad I waited ^^

Now SE needs to announce KH HD remaster and FFXII HD remaster for PS4.

I always thought FFXII trully deserved a HD remaster.

EU and PAL get a steelbook

374aedd718c8bf13b24c847593402982.jpg

76eb921e80c4ac3f97aa9e2d6b62afe7.jpg

AmanoBuff

Amano calendar? And omg that box art! Very very tempted to quad-dip on this one. Now if I had a PS4 it would be even better.

But after this and Type-0 please bring XII HD SQEX!

OMG EUROPE GETS A STEELBOOK!! Pls Square don't make me buy this HD remake 5 times.
I'll do it if that means we get XII HD on Vita next year.

Nice have 5 copies of the PS2 ff x and x-2. 3 copies of the physical version for both the PS3 and vita and plus both versions in digital as well. Don't have a PS4 yet and wont till September but on may 12 i'll be buying at least 2 copies and when i get my PS4 i'll buy it digitally as well...

Love this two game so much

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm good with my Vita version... maybe once this hits the bargain bin. But the thought of buying this a FOURTH time kinda turns my stomach. It's not even in my top 5 FFs.

Give us a FFXII remaster please.

Arizato

Is the new soundtrack really that bad? I thought it was supposed to be better? PS3 version is in my backlog, ugh.

I got FFX on launch back on the PS2 and I still find the new soundtrack tons better than the old one. The remastered versions of Tidus' Theme and Besaid Island are huuuuuge improvements over the originals.

anaron

lmao at including the option they originally should have. now fix those fucked up faces :x

whatevs, so glad I didn't but that flop remixed ost version

Mabufu

Banned
I got FFX on launch back on the PS2 and I still find the new soundtrack tons better than the old one. The remastered versions of Tidus' Theme and Besaid Island are huuuuuge improvements over the originals.

Besaid is a matter of tastes really, and Tidus theme is better. But the olders are good too and a couple of better tracks doesnt compensate for ruining a lot of other tracks.

New soundtrack may sound more modern, but musically speaking, most are screwed up, or even sound too modern for the kind of world Spira is. It doesnt fit as well as the original.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me that I should play X/X-2 remaster that I bought on Vita ageons ago!

Hanmik

I have:

PS2 Original version of FFX
PS2 Original version of FFX-2
PS3 FFXHD collection
PsVita FFXHD collection
PiggyBack guide to FFX
PiggyBack guide to FFX-2

and I really want this game also.. sorry guys.

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.

Oh wow, first time reading this. That's kind of a deal-breaker actually. I've heard some of the remastered remixes on Youtube and have been none too impressed, so this is a welcome addition. Now if only they would include the Japanese audio as well, then my life would be complete.

feature for the PS5 version maybe?

Glad cross-save is in. Means I can just bum around in the PS4 version for half hour or so just to check it out. Am not playing through it again, though. Got burnt out maxing Luck...

Good to see both soundtracks. I didn't mind the remastered stuff. Only a handful turned out not so good, but otherwise it was quite good, personally.

Tiamant

I have:

PS2 Original version of FFX
PS2 Original version of FFX-2
PS3 FFXHD collection
PsVita FFXHD collection
PiggyBack guide to FFX
PiggyBack guide to FFX-2

and I really want this game also.. sorry guys.

Don't apologise, it's thanks to people like you that eventually I'll have FFXII HD. You're fighting the good fight, son!

TheChaos0

Glad I waited ^^

Now SE needs to announce KH HD remaster and FFXII HD remaster for PS4.

I always thought FFXII trully deserved a HD remaster.

Yes, they have to. Especially in KH's case, it makes no sense not to release the remaster on current gen. As for FFXII, I can only pray.

Dragun619

That calendar looks kinda cool to have on my desk, but that steel book just looks hella dope. But only for EU? Man, wtf.

Come on SE. Work with Gamestop or something. I need this steelbook, hah.

Cross Save Feature suggests so.
Not necessarily. The MGS HD Collection had save file transfer and separate trophy lists for consoles too. Trophies from one console are added to another, although it's not perfect. Sound Shapes is an example of a game being cross save, cross buy and having separate trophy lists. Easiest three plats I ever got.

It's possible, if they patch it in, but who knows at this point. I'd at least like the online trophy list to be back in English rather than Chinese.

Top Bottom