• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Arkeband

Banned
Patch seems to have gone live on PS4. I can't seem to find any news on what's in the patch but I assume it's the audio/RNG fix.

nemisis0

Patch seems to have gone live on PS4. I can't seem to find any news on what's in the patch but I assume it's the audio/RNG fix.

Yessss I can get back to the game now thanks for the update on the patch.

Edit: ahhh no patch at the moment for UK :(

Is the collector's edition the same as the PS3 version? I own the PS3 one but I'm willing to buy this again now that they patched the issues. If it's the exact same though I'll just buy the standard edition.

Garlador

Is the collector's edition the same as the PS3 version? I own the PS3 one but I'm willing to buy this again now that they patched the issues. If it's the exact same though I'll just buy the standard edition.

The Collector's Edition is just the standard edition packaged with a desk calendar (in NA).

Percy

Banned
I got an email from Square-Enix yesterday advertising this release with a banner on it saying "patch that fixes audio and randomisation issues out now!".

Advertising patches that fixes your fuck ups is a thing now?

Arkeband

Banned
I got an email from Square-Enix yesterday advertising this release with a banner on it saying "patch that fixes audio and randomisation issues out now!".

Advertising patches that fixes your fuck ups is a thing now?

I got that email too, but a few weeks ago. It was a little odd, but considering how vocal people were about these bugs (which were minor) by proclaiming they wouldn't buy it until its fixed or they've brought the game back for a refund, it kind of makes sense to announce it to the mailing list.

It's also presumably the only patch the game will receive, since there's nothing else wrong with it.

RiZ III

I started playing this yesterday and I've gotta say this is a friggen gorgeous game. I played the original on ps2 but the higher resolution and texture filtering here really showcases the crazy level of talent of all the artists at Square who worked on this game. I don't know what kind of antialiasing this game is running with, but there is no aliasing whatsoever. The image quality combined with the excellent art makes the game looks like a prerendered cutscene at times. Being able to switch between the original and arranged soundtrack is awesome too. I just wish this game had surround sound.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I started playing this yesterday and I've gotta say this is a friggen gorgeous game. I played the original on ps2 but the higher resolution and texture filtering here really showcases the crazy level of talent of all the artists at Square who worked on this game. I don't know what kind of antialiasing this game is running with, but there is no aliasing whatsoever. The image quality combined with the excellent art makes the game looks like a prerendered cutscene at times. Being able to switch between the original and arranged soundtrack is awesome too. I just wish this game had surround sound.

1080p 4xMSAA

Vashetti

Banned

Yeah it does look great. A Pro patch to render in native 4K would be nice :)

Top Bottom