• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm pretty sure the music issue is that songs restart every time you exit a battle so you never really hear full songs in areas that have encounters.

Wow... really?

I initially felt burnt by a PS4 version coming so soon after I bought the PS3 version.... but these are some deal breaking glitches for me.

I'll consider PS3 the definitive version, unless they patch it.

I just miss the joy of JRPGs.

Get the PS2 emulator :p

But otherwise...franchises like Kingdom Hearts still have a joyous feel. Kingdom Heart's story disappears up Nomura's ass but it's bright and cheerful mostly, even when things get melodramatic.

Heck, even FFXV has a lot of nice interactions between Noctis + friends. They may be dressed darkly but their personalities come out etc. And we have DQXI on the horizon and a lot of stuff...but yeah.

Persona could be a cool thing for you. Loooooong games but the friendships etc are awesome. P4G was important for me. Not sure SMT is your thing though, bleak as hell.

Stormus

I'm at
Seymour Flux.
What a ridiculous/broken fight. This is my first playthrough, and as such I refused look up how to beat the him.

I got him down below 20k a few times, but his Total Annihilation would either wipe me, or cripple me to the point of wiping.

Ended up getting all my group/aeons overdrives beforehand and went in and blasted him to hell. I sincerely doubt that's how you're suppose to beat the fight but whatever. A few hours of dying, I was over it.

On a related note, can someone tell me how far in I am?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at
Seymour Flux.
What a ridiculous/broken fight. This is my first playthrough, and as such I refused look up how to beat the fight.

I got him down below 20k a few times, but his Total Annihilation would either wipe me, or cripple me to the point of wiping.

Ended up getting all my group/aeons overdrives beforehand and went in and blasted him to hell. I sincerely doubt that's how you're suppose to beat the fight but whatever. A few hours of dying, I was over it.

There are definitely ways to defeat the boss without resorting to spaming aeons. It's this one fight that makes you know that the game is getting more serious. Most bosses before were mostly easy. More hard fights to come.

I'll say you're about 70-75% into the main story but loads of side content will open up soon and that can take up a lot of time.

I'm at
Seymour Flux.
What a ridiculous/broken fight. This is my first playthrough, and as such I refused look up how to beat the fight.

That fight ain't so hard if you keep Shell up. I think he can use Dispel? But that's basically a free turn for you.

You're like 70~80% through the main story.

That fight is when I first got stuck when I played the ps2 version and it's still where I always get stuck.
I just do it the cheap way and get limit breaks for all my Aeons before I fight him and use them all on him. Super easy.

Kuraudo

Banned
I'm at
Seymour Flux.
What a ridiculous/broken fight. This is my first playthrough, and as such I refused look up how to beat the him.

Probably only four or five hours of story left, but lots of side stuff opens up soon too.

Stormus

Thanks for the replies! I'm really enjoying FFX. The combat system holds up beautifully. Hopefully X-2 is enjoyable as well.

Just bought the game and playing it for the first time. It's a lot more fun than I expected. I'm in the desert area now. Looking forward to X-2 as well, while the premise turns most people off, i'm actually kinda looking forward to it!

I don't know what it is with me and never being able to finish this game. I owned it on PS2 but never made it past the Thunder Plains. This time around I'm up to Mt. Gagazet but I'm getting burnt out again. It was totally my fault but I made it through the
ronso
boss and the whole stretch before the
Seymour
fight with little issue only to be ambushed and wiped due to having lower HP characters in my formation. It isn't really that much time but I'm dreading doing it again. I also spent two hours or so getting under 0 seconds in the chocobo race which probably hasn't helped.

Stormus

Well. Now I'm at Overdrive Sin. Haven't tried him but a few times, but I've quickly learned using my all Aeons overdrives doesn't allow for enough time to kill him. I read getting Anima is the surefire way to beat the boss. Are there other ways around this?

Also am I nearly done with the game? I thought I was close 10 hours ago lol.

Well. Now I'm at Overdrive Sin. Haven't tried him but a few times, but I've quickly learned using my all Aeons overdrives doesn't allow for enough time to kill him. I read getting Anima is the surefire way to beat the boss. Are there other ways around this?

You can just grind for a bit to get the party up to par, maybe get the easier Celestial Weapons - namely Yuna's and Rikku's.

And yeah, you're on the last stretch.

start the battle by using hastega.
Lulu to do magic attacks (her FURY overdrive is possible)

once sin moves closer.. use overdrives as much as you can.
Auron is your friend. Use armor break. from then on attacks should do more damage. Tidus too.

klaytonix

Neo Member
Thinking of picking this up snd playing for the first time. Just wondering if the issues will ruin my experience? Also, is the music glitch just with the original music or the remastered music as well?

Thinking of picking this up snd playing for the first time. Just wondering if the issues will ruin my experience? Also, is the music glitch just with the original music or the remastered music as well?
I didn't notice a single issue even if they happened during my FFX playthrough, to be honest.

I'd consider them minor issues that you'd only notice if you played the game before. Sucks that they're not patched but you should be fine

it's in both FFX and FFX-2 and its classic or remastered music.

I knew square wouldn't patch it.

Stormus

At
Braska's Final Aeon
finally. I get to his second form consistently now, but it's evident I need to grind a bit to get a few more skills unlocked. I've made it this far into the game w/o Hastega, Sentinel, and Zombie Attack. These seem mandatory for this encounter.

I've noticed the last third of the game how bad of a decision it was to not allow the player to skip cut-scenes. For all intents and purposes, this is my first playthrough of this game, and even for me it's annoying to watch the same 5-10 minute scenes before boss battles.

Akzel

They really need to fix those glitches. I'm pretty sure I'll do the Platinum even with those bugs but still .. :(

Yea, just saw that they are planning to fix those issues. I'm still slowly working my way through the game, and so this is great to hear (though I may finish before the patch). Didn't think they would bother, but glad that they are. It wasn't even a big deal to me, but noticeable.

PSA: Once they patch the game, the following RNG exploits will no longer exist. So you may want to do them asap:

- Omega Ruins: You can get all 12 of the random chests on your first try by loading a save in the ruins with no encounters equipped.

- The third (or it may be fourth) item that any enemies drop after loading a save is a rare drop no matter what. So farm those dark matters in the monster arena now. Be aware that successful stealing advances the item drop RNG (and consequently your third steal will also be a rare steal).

- Geosano drops a Tidus No Encounters weapon if you load a save, kill exactly 60 enemies, then go and fight him. This is probably more work than just soft-resetting will be after the RNG patch, but if you hate randomness...

I would wait to fight
Dark Yojimbo
until after the RNG is patched, since I never found a way to get 4-slot Ribbon + BHPL armor from him by exploiting the RNG. But if you do find a way, make sure to do that asap as well, and tell me about it too plz.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Glad to see these issues are getting fixed. This will be the hands down definitive console version of the game in due time

orochi91

Glad to see these issues are getting fixed. This will be the hands down definitive console version of the game in due time

I wouldn't say no to Dual Audio :3

Seriously, I want JP audio as DLC at least.

Only then will it truly be definitive.

They mentioned "audio bugs", and the restarting music is pretty much the only problem that fits the bill that I'm aware of. Unless there's something else?

Nope, you are correct. I didn't see the audio part of that post initially, hence why I assumed they ignored it.

Hasney

Never been my favourite FF, but been hankering to play it. So glad it'll be fixed.

Man, they take their time with patches between this and Type 0, but glad it finally happens.

Falk

that puzzling face
I really want to do another quote roundup of all the "they won't fix it" posts but I'm too tired.

GAF am I getting old :'(

Top Bottom