• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Squire

Banned
Wow at the RNG being completedly busted in this port and very few reviewers calling it out.
This is a game-breaking bug. And Square Enix won't even patch it? Glad I didn't jump in blind on this one.
Will go back to happily playing this on my Vita.

There are very few reviewers for this port of the game and it doesn't matter since reviewers aren't going to be paying attention to something as irrelevant to the core game experience as RNG anyway.

Reviewers write reviews, not documentation.

Fauve

Wow at the RNG being completedly busted in this port and very few reviewers calling it out.
This is a game-breaking bug. And Square Enix won't even patch it? Glad I didn't jump in blind on this one.
Will go back to happily playing this on my Vita.

Seriously this.

RNG bug, music loop bug, and now there's a trophy bug. Aside from the graphics, this is the worst version of the game by far...

So this happened... :V

CFoPS_pUUAADoFv.jpg:large

annoying..

now if it was the blitzball trophy, i don't mind. lol.

BadHand

I just walked into omega ruins equipped with no encounter armour and snagged 99 warp spheres on my first attempt.

I assume this is an RNG bug. I saved on the airship just before visiting for the first time and just opened all the chests in order.

I just walked into omega ruins equipped with no encounter armour and snagged 99 warp spheres on my first attempt.

I assume this is an RNG bug. I saved on the airship just before visiting for the first time and just opened all the chests in order.

Dear lord. I've gotta check this out asap.

Turin

Banned
Kagari's a monster. lol

I doubt I'll try to platinum X. The Witcher owns me right now and I want to see the light of day at some point. -_-

Kyoufu

Is there a way to delete trophies and do it again? Because you owe that to everyone who platinum'd it. This is unethical!!!!! D:

Eh, Penance trophy isn't THAT big of a deal. I mean, to get the platinum you need to do a whole bunch of other painful tasks anyway.

Like, I wouldn't mind getting the Sphere Grid trophy for all main characters. That one is going to be extremely tedious.

Mabufu

Banned
It's great to come here to see if SE said anything about fixing things, and instead find new bugs : D

Seriously SE...................

Eh, Nemesis is a joke once you're able to take on Penance. The real final boss of FFX is the sphere grid.

Well that trophy is also bugging so yay square.

Also, is the music bug a Square enix joke? lol.

we'll give you the original music, but you can never hear it in it's entirety! BWAHAHA

I'm currently maxing auron. Well can someone tell me do i bother with LUCK?
i have 255 evasion already and 190 accuracy so is there point or not?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm currently maxing auron. Well can someone tell me do i bother with LUCK?
i have 255 evasion already and 190 accuracy so is there point or not?
At this point? Nah.

Should have started grinding for luck first. Seeing that screen flash after every hit always feels Damn good. So worth it. <3

Arkeband

Banned
Man, I'm getting so much nostalgia playing this. All of the scenes where Tidus and Yuna whistle to each other gives me chills.

I also had my first Game Over when I underestimated Phase 3 Seymour in his first fight, as he began double-casting Lv2 magic, and then got two turns in a row.

At this point, if your accuracy and evasion are close to maxed, you should be good to go.

I've maxed everything except for LUCK, which is 43. This is good enough right? he seems to still get hit by normal enemies, i thought everything would just miss now...

edit: what should i fill the rest of the nodes with? I guess LUCK but they are such a grind..

Falk

that puzzling face
Any tips for the chocobo race with the balloons? Cant get under 9 seconds and I want the Sun Gigil

Edit: Just got it!

Would have told you that the solution was to post on GAF about it and you'll get it right after but it appears you already figured that part out.

sensui-tomo

Would have told you that the solution was to post on GAF about it and you'll get it right after but it appears you already figured that part out.

Or you could always do that share play thing with me... I'm not an automated robot that's reason for existence was to ace the chocobo race over and over again, after 3 attempts.

Anung

Un Rama
Finally got around to starting this after beasting The Witcher 3. I've been itching to play this as I loved it back in the day. I must admit I was a bit scared it might just be nostalgia and maybe didn't age well. Luckily though I'm loving it. It looks great and the original soundtrack is so good. Only negative is Tidus's face is abysmal.

Just done the Blitzball match in Luca.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I've maxed everything except for LUCK, which is 43. This is good enough right? he seems to still get hit by normal enemies, i thought everything would just miss now...

edit: what should i fill the rest of the nodes with? I guess LUCK but they are such a grind..

lol. You need luck. It's what determines whether you hit or not. Without it you'll miss with every attack against the super bosses. I made the same mistake my first playthrough, thinking accuracy did all that. Turns out, accuracy is pretty much pointless in FFX.

Logic88

Neo Member
So I finally beat the chocobo race, 13 balloons, 0 birds, 33 seconds :) I was happy to finally beat it :) I've finished the sphere grid with 4 of my characters as well, and decided to try dodging 200 lightning bolts.

I got to 143 the first time and then messed up, and then I got to 187 and messed up again haha. I swear I remember this being a lot easier for me on ps2 :)

Still I'm enjoying playing the game so much again. Plus beating the dark aeons without just using yojimbo has been a pretty great feeling as my younger self never even knew about the whole stat maxing thing :)

Anung

Un Rama
I forgot how amazing all the creature designs are in this. This is blowing my mind as much as it did when I was 13.

lol. You need luck. It's what determines whether you hit or not. Without it you'll miss with every attack against the super bosses. I made the same mistake my first playthrough, thinking accuracy did all that. Turns out, accuracy is pretty much pointless in FFX.

my luck is 150, everything else is max now (I've filled the grid). I figured it was enough.. i read somewhere that you barely need above 80 luck if evertyhing else is maxed.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
my luck is 150, everything else is max now (I've filled the grid). I figured it was enough.. i read somewhere that you barely need above 80 luck if evertyhing else is maxed.

Yeah. That's more than enough. 130 luck will let you 100% crit everything in the game. Even with 255 accuracy though, most the dark aeons and Penance will dodge everything if you're below like, 80 something luck, but with high luck you don't even need any accuracy.

Does anyone know if this is a somewhat limited release? I kind of want to wait for a price drop but i could see them not shipping a ton of the physical version of this.

Synless

Where and what armory should I get so I can start tacking on the abilities I need for end game stuff (auto-haste, auto-potion, etc...)?

Kyoufu

Where and what armory should I get so I can start tacking on the abilities I need for end game stuff (auto-haste, auto-potion, etc...)?

You'll need to talk to Wantz for 4 slot Tetra armor at the Macalania entrance. He appears once you speak to Mika at Highbridge. I think another requirement to get him to show up is to have spoken to him (and purchased?) something from him on the road to Macalania temple but I could be mistaken.

Synless

You'll need to talk to Wantz for 4 slot Tetra armor at the Macalania entrance. He appears once you speak to Mika at Highbridge. I think another requirement to get him to show up is to have spoken to him (and purchased?) something from him on the road to Macalania temple but I could be mistaken.
Ok, thanks. Is there a consensus on what armor combos everyone should have ability wise?

Kyoufu

Ok, thanks. Is there a consensus on what armor combos everyone should have ability wise?

For everything up to and including Dark Aeons something like:

Auto Haste
Auto Protect
Auto Phoenix
Ribbon (not easy to acquire, could get away with one member with it but ideally two)

Penance armor is different but I haven't gotten there yet.

Top Bottom