• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

So with reference to cross save, if I transfer my PS3 save to ps4 should I ping all the trophies I had on PS3? Not sure about redoing that damn chocobo race at 0.01 again

Gazkapop

Is there an EU date confirmed?

As someone with essentially zero JRPG experience and has never touched a FF game, this seems like it might be a good place to start.

Glad I waited ^^

Now SE needs to announce KH HD remaster and FFXII HD remaster for PS4.

I always thought FFXII trully deserved a HD remaster.

Square needs to be sure we want FFXII HD. They weren't quite sure the first time when X|X-2 HD outsold Lightning Returns sales in Japan.

Kikujiro

EU and PAL get a steelbook

374aedd718c8bf13b24c847593402982.jpg

76eb921e80c4ac3f97aa9e2d6b62afe7.jpg

Fuck, I wasn't going to rebuy it (will be the fourth time), but this is the best steelbook ever.

BibiMaghoo

It's such a solid and good looking game on the Vita, that I don't feel any need to buy it again for a different platform. If no Vita I would for sure buy it though. Considering it's age, it still plays very well.

Scrawnton

Looks like I'm buying this. Didn't realize the original music was much better. How much is that steel book edition? $60?

Mikey Jr.

The bigger question is whether or not this hypothetical KH super HD would also be released for the X1. Seeing as KH III will be on both it would make sense to release the collection on both yet I get the feeling it would only come to PS4.

I say it's not happening.

Se didn't bother with a 360 version. And they aren't bothering with ffx on Xbone.

Strange kh3 is even coming to Xbone tbh. A series that has not once had any games on its platforms, and it's getting the 7th game.

Cornbread78

Trophies are the same between ps3 & vita

LOL yeah I want my trophy list back in English as well.

Cross Save Feature suggests so.

Not necessarily. The MGS HD Collection had save file transfer and separate trophy lists for consoles too. Trophies from one console are added to another, although it's not perfect. Sound Shapes is an example of a game being cross save, cross buy and having separate trophy lists. Easiest three plats I ever got.

It's possible, if they patch it in, but who knows at this point. I'd at least like the online trophy list to be back in English rather than Chinese.

So in other words; wait and see, lol.

That steelbook is gorgeous. Unfortunately the art on the LE case is much worse.I skipped the PS3 version, but this might be worth picking up.

I've only skimmed the thread so I may have missed it, but is there a way to play this with Japanese voices and English subtitles?

If so I would definitely get it, otherwise it's a pass for me. The Chinese editions used to have that combination, but I don't think they do anymore. Does anyone know?

76eb921e80c4ac3f97aa9e2d6b62afe7.jpg

just noticed there is an 8th character in Amano's artwork.. is that Borther? Was he supposed to go on the journey as well in early development stages?

Vashetti

Banned
I must say the PS4 screens look really nice, assuming they're not bullshots, I wonder what improvements they have made. Any chance you can get some info Kagari?

is digital version coming what is the price ?

All PS4 retail games must have digital releases. It'll be the same price as retail.

Can we now have the FFXIII trilogy in 1080@60fps too?

*runs away from angry FF fans*

Hell yes. I would be so down for this. The XIII trilogy was great and it's hard to imagine at least XIII and XIII-2 looking better than they already do. That would be fantastic.

Man, I'm going to have to triple-dip on FF X/X-2 HD Remaster, aren't I? Argh...

Meneses

Already have the PS3 and Vita versions. Not gonna triple dip...

Who am I kidding, I just know i'm gonna do it anyway. And I don't even love FF X...

Already have the PS3 and Vita versions. Not gonna triple dip...

Who am I kidding, I just know i'm gonna do it anyway. And I don't even love FF X...

Yeah, it's probably my least favorite of the PSX-PS3 era FF titles, yet I know damn well I'll buy it day one because if nothing else, I want to show support for these in hopes that XII comes eventually.

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.
Yesssssssssssssssssss

I like the remastered songs but still yessssssssssssssss
Couldn't they have at least given us dual language?
And miss on the hilariously bad voice acting?

Yesssssssssssssssssss

Well if you had dual languages you could choose to use the English voices anyway. Having an option to switch on the fly could be cool, but guess it's never happening.

sensui-tomo

Yesssssssssssssssssss

Hilariously bad on both ends (even though i like the english dub, the japanese is still meh (except yuna's voice actress in japanese doesnt sound so meh because it wasnt her first voice role)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Mehhhh I already have this on PS Vita...

Hopefully this is a sign that they will consider a Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System HD Edition on the future.

BkMogul

Bought both versions and have played them for a total of 20 minutes. I think the nostalgia was strong at the time, but pretty much faded out....or maybe it's because I have almost no time nowadays to dive into a RPG.

Top Bottom