• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

I got this feeling they will announce FFXII HD at this year's E3. I mean, the game's composer will be there.

Final Fantasy XII: Director's Cut featuring Matsuno back to finish the story.
I mean.. they did it with Tactics Ogre PSP. There's a precedent there.

no? OK, I'll just go back to fantasizing about it.

Ralemont

not me

I imagine the holdup there would more be getting all the VAs back.

Anyway, glad I bought this on Vita and not PS3.

Nameless

Hopefully they'll announce the ability to play blitzball with Wakka's severed head as a Day 1 bonus. Amazing game world, but FFX features the worst cast in the series -- Lulu being the lone ray of sunshine. Yuna had her non-annoying moments too.

It honestly wouldn't be surprising if this pops up on PC soon. SE are putting a few of their games there recently. Plus porting the PS4 release to PC should be simple compared to PS3/Vita -> PC.

So what about Bayonetta 2 port-begging before that released?

This is probably just to get a few extra sales from X HD. They're probably planning to announce XII HD this year to release next year to tie in with FFXII's 10th anniversary.

Bayo 2 reaction is the reason this rule exists.

And we're only a few "can't wait until the inevitable pc release :^)" posts about FF games before bans start happening.

thelastword

Banned
Everything looks crisper and sharper, nice IQ. I'm ready to play my favourite FF again, I'm anticipating FF XII as well.

Ramza

Banned

I'd give Matsuno and Sakimoto the sloppiest of blowjobs to make this happen.

zoozilla

I'm gonna wait for the inevitable Steam version with exclusive dual audio tracks and the option to toggle between cropped and pillarboxed cutscenes.

Cross-Save Functionality – Players can transfer their save and continue their progress across the PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, and the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. (PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita versions sold separately.)

This is a cool feature I wish more games did.

AwShucks

Well, I've decided screw it, I'll just play the PS3 version I bought (I honestly didn't think the PS4 version would end up looking THAT much better). By the time I decide I want to play FFX again I'll be able to get the PS4 version for a few bucks.

BasilZero

Well, I've decided screw it, I'll just play the PS3 version I bought (I honestly didn't think the PS4 version would end up looking THAT much better). By the time I decide I want to play FFX again I'll be able to get the PS4 version for a few bucks.

I'm gonna do the same thing.

Spot

No word on fixing the awful lip synching? I'll probably pick it up down the line just for the soundtrack.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
EU Wins
5274.jpg

Shopto has updated my pre-order too, only £33

Magnus

Hopefully they'll announce the ability to play blitzball with Wakka's severed head as a Day 1 bonus. Amazing game world, but FFX features the worst cast in the series -- Lulu being the lone ray of sunshine. Yuna had her non-annoying moments too.

lol

Soundtrack toggle + basically having a Vita version included (should I ever get a Vita) = insta-buy/triple-dip.

(Also, glad I held off on KH 2.5. The KH remasters just HAVE to be coming to the PS4 now, right?)

Lots of questions:

Load-times on this should be improved vs. the PS3 version, right? Totally hated that with the PS3 Square remasters.

Or were the load times fine on PS3 if you bought/installed a digital copy of the game?

=/

Will it make a difference if I buy physical or digital for PS4? Either way, it'll install and benefit from faster loads, si?

Anyone?

Stormus

The people who are flipping out about this being Re-RE-released on PS4, do know this was announced back in December? This edition has been in the works for a minute.

rezn0r

The people who are flipping out about this being Re-RE-released on PS4, do know this was announced back in December? This edition has been in the works for a minute.

i'm not flipping out, but i am slightly annoyed (probably more with myself for buying it and not playing much of it, than with SE) - but that announcement was a full 9 months after the PS3's release date. it's not like anyone could assume a PS4 was coming nearly 1 year ago.

rezn0r

i don't know why I'm even caring, as I'm not much of a trophy whore these days, but does cross-save mean PS3/PS4 versions will have the same trophies? as in, you couldn't platinum it a second time just by buying the newer version? was PS3/Vita the same list?

Dynomutt

FML...Fuck my wallet, and, Fuck You Square Enix.

FF Type-0, FFVII (even though I know it's a cash grab), and now this. This shit is just ridiculous. What's next FFVIII and FFIX? Let me stop.

My debit card is looking like...
shaq-face-3.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Time for YUNA to be made Kween of PS4

Yaaaaas get dat hd 1080p graphics yunie

Talent

Flawless

ChrisT

Kween

Beauty

Flawless again

Iconic

Reule

Awesome, glad I didn't buy the PS3/Vita versions. I'm also happy that the original soundtrack will be an option too. Can't wait to press Share just before the laughing scene.

i don't know why I'm even caring, as I'm not much of a trophy whore these days, but does cross-save mean PS3/PS4 versions will have the same trophies? as in, you couldn't platinum it a second time just by buying the newer version? was PS3/Vita the same list?
PS3 and Vita shared the same list. I'm assuming the PS4 will share the list too then with the cross-saves. Just one platinum across all three versions.

Haha, that would be absolutely amazing. Sadly no chance in hell but that would be glorious.

Magnus

Load times will be automatically improved by being on the PS4 owing to the SATA II connection.

Disc/digital doesn't matter, the whole game is installed to the HDD. Discs are just delivery vessels and authenticators nowadays.

Thanks! PS4 physical it is.

sublimit

Banned
It comes out in the worst time of the year (for me) between Bloodborne,Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and The Witcher 3.
I will get it someday but definitely not on day 1.

teiresias

I got this feeling they will announce FFXII HD at this year's E3. I mean, the game's composer will be there.

I'd love this, particularly if it finally gets the NA release the Zodiac Job System. Granted, I have a PC fully capable of emulating the game to hell and back, but it would be nice to not have to mess with that or patching the ISOs to get the ZJS into the English version of the game. (Yes, the steelbook of the original release is awesome - I will never part with it).

Also, despite protestations to the contrary, what I've heard of the remastered X HD soundtrack I like better than the original - sue me.

Son Of D

Time for YUNA to be made Kween of PS4

Yaaaaas get dat hd 1080p graphics yunie

Talent

Flawless

ChrisT

Kween

Beauty

Flawless again

Iconic

I have no idea what I'm reading here.

GOAT steelbook:

41VumIqXYGL._SY300_.jpg

Never seen that before. Damn that looks nice. I swear if FFXII HD has that as a LE cover I'm all over that.

The box says only on Playstation for a reason.

63852_front.jpg

Later came out on PS3.

Top Bottom