• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Does anyone have the phone number to square enix store website I want to cancel an order i made for ps3 version I just made because I didn't open my peepers.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ugh...looks like I'm triple dipping.

Anything to fund either a FFXII HD Remake.

How does cross save work? How do I transfer my current PS3 FFX data to my PS4?

komorebi

Yep! I love vanilla FFXII, but IZJS has some incredible additions and improvements.

I'm skeptical they'd release IZJS as an HD remaster. Wasn't there a button that speeds everything up and it was available from the start? I doubt they'd want any first time players using that. Of course Square could just toggle it off until a NG+ or something.

All I want is for them to leave Sakimoto's score the fuck alone. No more "modern remixes". Its his finest hour and one of the most interesting scores I've personally ever heard. I'd be fine with a synth upgrade because the PS2 version was gimped compared to the OST but seriously, Square better recognize. No screwing around this time.

Reveirg

I'm skeptical they'd release IZJS as an HD remaster. Wasn't there a button that speeds everything up and it was available from the start? I doubt they'd want any first time players using that. Of course Square could just toggle it off until a NG+ or something.

All I want is for them to leave Sakimoto's score the fuck alone. No more "modern remixes". Its his finest hour and one of the most interesting scores I've personally ever heard. I'd be fine with a synth upgrade because the PS2 version was gimped compared to the OST but seriously, Square better recognize. No screwing around this time.

I'd definitely take a full orchestral recording over that.

FFX's was a different situation because most of the OST was a mix of rock, electronic, world and orchestral music. Any remixes were bound to change the nature of the songs. I personnally liked discovering reimaginings of the songs while playing through the game for like the 5th time. But I can understand why some people preferred the originals.

XII on the other side is like 90% orchestral. It would be absolutely amazing for it to receive the same treatment as the KH HD collection.

Btw, the original composers were on board and handled the new versions themselves for FFX HD. So I can't help but cringe a little when people say they'd rather "S-E leave the composer's work alone". I'm pretty sure Sakimoto would be thrilled to get the chance to revisit his score without the original constraints. Then they can go the FFX PS4 remaster way and leave the player choose their OST version!

Biker19

Banned
Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.

This news alone has just made the PS3 version obsolete.

Would really appreciate a phone number for SE store as the one I found for North America no longer works and I need to cancel order.

Honestly, I fully expect them to make it the IZJS version considering the content they included in FFX's HD Remaster, so I wouldn't worry about that, but yeah they really do need to leave Sakimoto's glorious soundtrack alone.

Audette

I'm plus 1 for the FFXII-HD Too -_-

Always thought the game was lacking a little but really wanted the international version in North America, figured it would help the characters feel different gameplay wise.

Its gotta a happen eventually.... Right?

komorebi

Btw, the original composers were on board and handled the new versions themselves for FFX HD. So I can't help but cringe a little when people say they'd rather "S-E leave the composer's work alone". I'm pretty sure Sakimoto would be thrilled to get the chance to revisit his score without the original constraints. Then they can go the FFX PS4 remaster way and leave the player choose their OST version!

Of course I know the original composers were involved. The new arrangements are not bad either. The forced remixes on the PS3 version was the problem though, as that's not how I remembered the game. I enjoyed the new versions but I wanted the option for the original soundtrack as well. Thankfully SE listened to the fans on this one.

And yes a fully orchestral FF12 overhaul would be amazing... I bet they're going to do something, orchestral or remixes. I just want the OST version included as an option when/if the time comes.

sikkinixx

surely FFXII must be in the cards no? It looked amazing on Ps2 so it's not like it needs too much to look decent. Plus we could finally have the international version ;_;

Reveirg

The forced remixes on the PS3 version was the problem though, as that's not how I remembered the game. I enjoyed the new versions but I wanted the option for the original soundtrack as well. Thankfully SE listened to the fans on this one.

Yeah I agree with you. I just played through the PSP remake of FFIII. Having that option was awesome. I kept going back and forth between original soundtrack and remixed. Same with a lot of Falcom games (Brandish, Ys I&II). Even the Etrian Odyssey had that "fake" option. It's a mechanic I really like to play with.

surely FFXII must be in the cards no? It looked amazing on Ps2 so it's not like it needs too much to look decent. Plus we could finally have the international version ;_;
I'm pretty sure it is. Kitase & co. teased it a few times. I'm pretty sure they'll wait for a little slump in their release schedule before releasing it (Early 2016 while we still wait for XV? :p)

I got to like level 69 in FF12 and just watched the ending on youtube. I got invested into the combat once I got the hang of it, but really never got into the story. Was it any good and I was just too young to grasp it? Felt like Vaan wasn't even really important to the story. One of the weirdest FF experiences I've eve had.

coastel

Ok I may have to buy this to give it another chance. I got stuck on the ps2 version right at the end and never played part 2 the game was to linear like the rest of them after 9. I feel I could over look it now is part 2 any good.

HeelPower

I got to like level 69 in FF12 and just watched the ending on youtube. I got invested into the combat once I got the hang of it, but really never got into the story. Was it any good and I was just too young to grasp it? Felt like Vaan wasn't even really important to the story. One of the weirdest FF experiences I've eve had.

The ending itself is so good.

It ties up everything nicely and conclusively,its sweet and has a beautiful accompanying song by Uematsu.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I hope when it does it gets the Type-0 treatment with FMV models and directx11 effects like motion blur, HDR, and bokeh

That doesn't make any sense. FF12 scales up very nicely to higher resolutions in comparison to a PSP game like T0. A lot of assets had to be changed and redone to not look like absolute crap at 1080p.

FF12 on emulators looks perfectly fine outside of the lower polygon count for models in comparison to 10(but to be fair, they were doing open world on that game, so something had to give).

I bet they will do a straight port like the KH collections(outside of KH1 HD)

Sesto

Banned
Hiroyuki Ito once mentioned he intended to ad much more elements in FF XII IZJS, but because of time restriction they had to cancel it.
Would be godlike if they could implement them in a hypotetical FFXII remaster

J Range

So I see a big difference between the ps4 and ps3 remaster. But I'm assuming there was also a good bump from the original to the ps3 remaster in the first place, right?

I might have to bite, ffx is one of my favorite games ever. Looks great.

Reveirg

About that FFXII HD remaster... they're doing a Distant Worlds representation live at E3 this year, with Sakimoto in attendance... hint? =P

I know I know, I'm reading too much into it, but I like to dream!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So I see a big difference between the ps4 and ps3 remaster. But I'm assuming there was also a good bump from the original to the ps3 remaster in the first place, right?

I might have to bite, ffx is one of my favorite games ever. Looks great.

Correct. Outside of faces, in terms of graphics literally everything was upgraded from PS2 for the PS3 version. And based on the scans, they've upgraded the assets once again for this version.

Its gonna look really clean on TV compared to the 720p with FXAA or 1080p with no AA of the original PS3 release

Schryver

Thinking of getting this as my first Final Fantasy experience. I was originally planning on the Vita version but I only play my Vita at home anyways so kinda pointless other than maybe saving a few bucks. Hype?!

Top Bottom