• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Vashetti

Banned
I wonder if we'll get another face-off from Digital Foundry?

Hopefully this time they have the PS3 and PS4 display set to 1080p /s

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Super excited that PS4 is getting Suspend/Resume next month. That plus better IQ and OG OST will make it worth it for me. I bought the Vita version (because of Suspend/Resume) and never played it lol.

thelastword

Banned
I wonder if we'll get another face-off from Digital Foundry?

Hopefully this time they have the PS3 and PS4 display set to 1080p /s
Lol, I still remember that, I'm sure they will do another faceoff, the improvement in clarity framerate and detail makes it mandatory.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Let's guess the downsample resolution! My guess is 2560x1440.

Its just weird. The remaster of this game was already 1080p and that was PS3, so games like this clearly have much higher leeway for higher resolutions. I can't imagine this type of game downsampled from like 4k or something insane like that.

iosefe

Let's guess the downsample resolution! My guess is 2560x1440.

Its just weird. The remaster of this game was already 1080p and that was PS3, so games like this clearly have much higher leeway for higher resolutions. I can't imagine this type of game downsampled from like 4k or something insane like that.

2k downsample would do wonders for the game

I hope they put some work into some advanced graphical features, better lighting, higher resolution textures, normal mapping, Then they should still hae enough headroom to efficiently get rid of aliasing.

Son Of D

surely FFXII must be in the cards no? It looked amazing on Ps2 so it's not like it needs too much to look decent. Plus we could finally have the international version ;_;

Next year is the 10th anniversary in Japan and North America. I wouldn't be surprised if SE are planning to release it then.

Inuhanyou

I hope they put some work into some advanced graphical features, better lighting, higher resolution textures, normal mapping, Then they should still hae enough headroom to efficiently get rid of aliasing.

Well we can see even from the compressed pics that they have upgraded the textures, the lighting, even completely redid some models like Jetcht and the FFX2 enemy models seen in those screens...this looks to be a pretty good porting job taking advantage of the headroom PS4 affords. My question is are they going to go for post process AA or MSAA

Minamu

I must be stupid, can I transfer my ps3 save onto the ps4 for this? If so, what happens to my trophies? I'm so close to max stats and thus reach the dark aeons.

iosefe

I must be stupid, can I transfer my ps3 save onto the ps4 for this? If so, what happens to my trophies? I'm so close to max stats and thus reach the dark aeons.

answered earlier, but it's cross save, , so yes, and shared lists too, it seems

Amiibro

Is the game the same limited edition on the square site as the GameStop site? Think I will take my chances with gamestop if it will be the same case and stuff.

I'll grab this for PS4 but I wonder why they don't also put it on PC. They are bringing the whole 13 saga and already have a bunch of older stuff there.

Inuhanyou

I'll grab this for PS4 but I wonder why they don't also put it on PC. They are bringing the whole 13 saga and already have a bunch of older stuff there.

They might eventually, but for now they are really trying to get their customers onto next gen with type 0, FF15, KH3 and this. They are more concerned with bolstering PS4's adoption rate of their games than getting games on steam.

dorkkaos

Next year is the 10th anniversary in Japan and North America. I wouldn't be surprised if SE are planning to release it then.

I'd be so hyped if FFXII International HD gets released. On top of that, hopefully we can change the camera controls too. (Through in game, or through that new firmware update haha).

I'd end up quad dipping on FFX/X-2, especially if it means FFXII HD

SirNinja

so you would still need a ps3 and copy of ffx to transfer the save huh?

The cross-save works by syncing to a server; you can't transfer them manually from console to console with a cable. If you've already uploaded your FFX save(s) in the PS3 version, you can just boot up the PS4 version and download the saves from there. As long as you've synced your trophies, they should all be intact across platforms too.

Alucrid

Banned
The cross-save works by syncing to a server. If you've already uploaded your FFX save(s) in the PS3 version, you can just boot up the PS4 version and download the saves from there. As long as you've synced your trophies, they should all be intact across platforms too.

As long as you've synced your saves to the cloud they should be there...I think.

Oh...not sure if I remember doing that. This could be a $50 purchase or a $260 purchase now...

Falk

that puzzling face
Typical music rights stuff.

I am not aware of any music rights stuff in FFX. Suteki Da Ne was completely fine in PS3 FFX HD for example.

I'm inclined to believe that they mean the tracks that weren't re-done (... e.g. Suteki Da Ne, Other World, etc) you won't be able to switch back and forth, for very obvious reasons. I'll go ask.

Minamu

answered earlier, but it's cross save, , so yes, and shared lists too, it seems

The cross-save works by syncing to a server; you can't transfer them manually from console to console with a cable. If you've already uploaded your FFX save(s) in the PS3 version, you can just boot up the PS4 version and download the saves from there. As long as you've synced your trophies, they should all be intact across platforms too.
excellent :D

Seanspeed

Banned
Is 1440p officially recognized as part of the 2K standard? Or is it 2.5k? But nobody says 3k for resolutions under 4k..
There is no real '2k standard'. It can mean several different resolutions and I dislike when people use it cuz I don't know what they're referring to specifically.

But yes, some people consider 1440p = 2k.

Inuhanyou

There is no real '2k standard'. It can mean several different resolutions and I dislike when people use it cuz I don't know what they're referring to specifically.

But yes, some people consider 1440p = 2k.

Thank you for the clarification lol. I really hate the "k" terms. I'll stick to P's

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I guess I'm in the minority, but I love the remixed tracks and the originals.

prudislav

Seems like the remasters might hit steam aswell
http://gameidealist.com/news/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-listed-for-pc-with-release-date-and-more-info/
A PC version of Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster has been listed by Amazon.fr. The online shopping website is indicating a release date set for the 25th of March. It also posted Windows 7 and Windows 8 as the supported platforms while mentioning Koch Media as the distributor. The same company partnered with Square Enix in the past for the European releases of Lara Croft And The Temple of Osiris, Murdered: Soul Suspect as well as the two Kingdom Hearts remix collections.

Square Enix has not yet confirmed a PC release for Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster.
http://www.amazon.fr/Koch-Média-Final-fantasy-X-2/dp/B00UBJ5JH4/ref=sr_1_156?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1425713085&sr=1-156

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Amazon.fr is an incredibly spotty source for leaks...

SkylineRKR

I can't really go back to the original soundtrack. I thought I liked the remixes less but once I saw Ps2 footage again I didn't. Its not often that I prefer remixes so I'd say Square did a great job here.

That cross save stuff is exactly the reason why FFX PS4 is on my watchlist. I pumped 90 hours in the Vita version, might continue on the big screen. Its good to have it for both systems.

This plus suspend resume is pretty fucking great. I bet quick heal via touch pad is in too.

Top Bottom