• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks
Thats all i needed to hear, and now i am no longer regretting not picking this up last year

TomShoe

Banned
Pour one out for the homies that bought this MSRP on PS3.

Gamestop probably dropping their trade in prices to $2.50 as we speak.

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

random25

You asked why they are doing this to you.

And immediately followed it up with the assertion that you will now have to sell your PS3 version.

The inference being taken that you would be buying the game again, on the PS4.

That is why they are doing this to you.

I don't intend to buy the PS4 version anyway (as I don't have one yet). I just thought that PS3 version was the definitive version of FFX, but if it isn't then might as well sell it and just keep my international PS2 copy.

Kind of disappointed at the number of people eagerly jumping to buy this a 3rd or 4th time. I mean, I know where I am right now, but seriously guys. Would be nice to add that OST switch to the other versions as well.

Well, if you all buying it yet again gets me the XII remaster then it'll be worth it.

I like owning the best possible version of things.

Whether that means buying LOTR/Star Wars DVDs/Blu rays 5 times or a 4th release of a video game, I will not be denied my definitive copy!

Tagg9

I bought the game on PS3, then my PS3 broke. I then bought the digital version for Vita when it was on sale, but my sister borrowed the Vita awhile back and hasn't yet returned it.

I feel silly for having already spent $70 on this, but I'll probably triple dip on PS4 when it drops in price.

Laconic

Banned
I don't intend to buy the PS4 version anyway (as I don't have one yet). I just thought that PS3 version was the definitive version of FFX, but if it isn't then might as well sell it and just keep my international PS2 copy.

I stand corrected.

Much respect, to your stance.

_woLf

The PS3 version of this is dirt cheap these days, here's hoping the PS4 version follows that trend. I'll pay $20 for it at the very most.

Kind of disappointed at the number of people eagerly jumping to buy this a 3rd or 4th time. I mean, I know where I am right now, but seriously guys. Would be nice to add that OST switch to the other versions as well.

Well, if you all buying it yet again gets me the XII remaster then it'll be worth it.

I'll always upgrade a game if there's a better version. If you're gonna own a game, own the best one

Kind of disappointed at the number of people eagerly jumping to buy this a 3rd or 4th time. I mean, I know where I am right now, but seriously guys.
Yea I mean, I'd never triple or quadruple dip on a game no matter how good it is, that's just me though.

Fortunately I played very little of FFX and haven't played FFX-2 at all so...this is pretty exciting.

pablito

I guess if I ever get curious enough about FFX-2 I'll get this. Not for FFX though.

They better do 12 IZJS now.

Pour one out for the homies that bought this MSRP on PS3.

Gamestop probably dropping their trade in prices to $2.50 as we speak.

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif
Bought at MSRP for the PS2. Bought at MSRP for PSV. Bought the CE for PS3.

I have no qualms with a quad-dip. I am a Final Fantasy whale.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wow, I had heard people complaining about the remastered tracks (never felt the need to buy a new version of a game I already own), but I didn't realize it was this bad.

That's fucking criminal. The original Besaid Island is such a beautiful piece of music. I can't believe they butchered it like that.

BREAKING: Hamauzu butchers Hamauzu's music.

I mean, yeah, you're welcome to your opinion and all that, but get some perspective. It's not like someone else shit on the original composer's work, nor did he have a gun to his head asking him to make it objectively worse.

They really need to patch the soundtrack option in the PS3 version. That's terrible.

Was considered, was not possible

libregkd

Also preferred the remastered version of this song. Kinda wish there was a way to toggle songs so you could have a preference of what was remastered and which song would be the original version.
Same. There are some remastered tunes that I really do not like at all, such as Besaid Island's theme. But there is a good handful of tracks where I preferred the remastered tracks. Would probably be too much work to do something like that though.

The PS3 version of this is dirt cheap these days, here's hoping the PS4 version follows that trend. I'll pay $20 for it at the very most.

Why not just buy the PS3 version. It's going to be nearly exactly the same.

Like this is what we're getting excited about now? A port of a port with hardly any changes?

mrmickfran

Do you at least agree that KH 2.5's remastered soundtrack was vastly superior to 2?
I haven't played 2.5 yet, but if it's anything like 1.5, then that OST is the correct way to remaster the soundtrack.

Kinda off topic, but if you play both versions at once, it actually sounds amazing:
Final Fantasy X: Seymour Battle Themes Combined -…: http://youtu.be/Bc3-JStnaeA

I can barely hear the original :/

half tempted to buy my ps4 early. Was going to wait till next God of War but FFX is my wife's favorite game tied with Ocarina of Time. So if i get her this I might actually get to play with my 3ds again.

Top Bottom