• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

DNAbro

Fuck, just bought the PS3 ver. last month.

cWFHyh.jpg

the PS4 version has been known for awhile...

Hexa

I got the PS3 version last black friday for $20. Not sure if I want to get the PS4 version and just leave it sealed forever or actually play it.

Not buying KH 2.5 until PS4. God damn it SE.

I just bought the Vita version two weeks ago.

IregretnothingDean.gif

Loving it all over again.

I may end up triple-dipping(PS2, Vita, PS4)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Man, like a sucker i'm gonna buy this day one just like i did for PS3. Hope they downsample pretty extensively. Maybe 1440p with some nice SMAA? :D

By default the loadtimes are gonna be patched up which is great

SerTapTap

Music switch? That's pretty bullshit, that's veering into "probably deliberately held back" territory. Oh well, I guess this'll hit $20 soon enough like the PS3 and Vota versions

Wow, cross save and being able to switch soundtracks. That was pretty much everything I hoped for this re-release. Triple dippin' on this, I guess.

Skilletor

This is hilarious.

I might buy FFX-2 if I can get it separately digitally. Can't stand FFX anymore. Being able to skip cutscenes would definitely push me toward buying it again, though.

Thoraxes

Too bad this is so close to Splatoon.

It'll be $20 in a short amount of time though. Will definitely pick it up if it shares the cross saves with the PS3/Vita versions, otherwise no buy.

Honestly could care less about the OST toggles considering I own both of them anyways.

Music switch? That's pretty bullshit, that's veering into "probably deliberately held back" territory. Oh well, I guess this'll hit $20 soon enough like the PS3 and Vota versions

I actually wonder. Knowing Squenix they probably actually didn't think that people would prefer the original soundtrack until after people complained about it on PS3. This wouldn't surprise me one bit.

iwJT675K2nltj.png

Hmmm-GIF.gif

T58sxvp.jpg

537.gif

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.
Remote play – Supported for the Playstation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

iblEkmxkqIN0qS.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
I actually wonder. Knowing Squenix they probably actually didn't think that people would prefer the original soundtrack until after people complained about it on PS3. This wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Music switch? That's pretty bullshit, that's veering into "probably deliberately held back" territory.

I can assure you this is not the case. Sure, it's technically possible with better or ideal conditions, but with the resources, methodology and deadlines w.r.t the PS3/Vita release, it simply was not possible in this case.

There's your insider info.

Patches? DLC even?

Both of those cost money and resources.

A remaster of a remaster. I mean seriously SE? This is such a SE thing, I can't help but laugh like an idiot. The game looks great and it's nice for new play station owners but the absurdity of SE is something to behold. It takes them how long to make a HD remaster for PS3 and then quickly announce a PS4 version a little later.

When can we expect an HD remake of SquareEnix?

I can assure you this is not the case. Sure, it might have been possible with ideal conditions, but with resources, methodology and deadlines on the PS3/Vita release, it simply was not possible in this case.

There's your insider info.

Patches? DLC even?

clem84

Gold Member
How were some of you able to pre-order? I don't see anything about the PS4 version on SE's website.

Shin-Ra

Skipped on PS3 and Vita but I'll probably jump in this time.

Are there any high quality screenshots without the imgur compression?

Inuhanyou

HOLY FECK I also just saw the OP screenshots(dont know how i missed them)

That's a pretty significant departure from the PS3 version. The textures look radically improved and the sharpness and detail is definitely much higher too. I'm definitely thinking they have some sort of better AA solution now as well as downsampling. The original was just native 1080p with no AA and that looks blurry as fuck by comparison to the new screenshots.

I'm glad i don't have to beat the game again and just bring my save over instead...now i'll just create a new save on top of my old one and beat it :)

Hex

Banned
You know there is truth to PS4 having no games, when it starts pulling out remasters of last gen remasters.

Horse shit.
It is pulling out what people want because many people got rid of their PS3 to get a PS4 so could not enjoy the remasters so get that shit out of here.
F'ing A people really will try and shit on anything.

ZeroX03

Banned
Horse shit.
It is pulling out what people want because many people got rid of their PS3 to get a PS4 so could not enjoy the remasters so get that shit out of here.
F'ing A people really will try and shit on anything.

I know three people who sold their PS3 to get a PS4 without realizing FFX wasn't being released on PS4. They're very happy for this PS4 version.

Hex

Banned
I know three people who sold their PS3 to get a PS4 without realizing FFX wasn't being released on PS4. They're very happy for this PS4 version.

I am glad that I did not pick it up for PS3.
I had traded my PS3 for some 40k stuff.
I picked up another one recently but had not had time to pick it up, would rather get it on PS4 for sure.

Falk

that puzzling face
Haven't games offered alternate voice audio tracks as DLC before (Drakengard 3 did, didn't it)? I don't see how there's that much to think about to it.

As did Lightning Returns, and presumably a lot of other titles down the road.

I'm not at liberty to divulge in-depth technical details, but here's a simple example. Tracks where the remaster version are a different loop length from the original. Sounds like it'd be easy for the game to take those into consideration for switching around, but the remaster is what it is*, written a specific way which makes it difficult to correct and/or patch.

*Or at this point, I guess "it was what it was", now there's going to be an even newer version with that capability.

Squire

Banned
Haven't games offered alternate voice audio tracks as DLC before (Drakengard 3 did, didn't it)? I don't see how there's that much to think about to it.

DLC isn't what's being asked for though. People think SE should just patch in a three-disc OST. Releasing patches is not trivial of inexpensive. Releasing one with that much content is ludicrous.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are those bullshots? Can someone explain how the PS4 version looks so much better? I thought the PS3 version ran in 1080P already.

Inuhanyou

^ Extreme downsampling the likes of which you only get on high end PC's through emulation. If you look close, a lot of asset changes as well to all textures and even enemies, they are far more detailed than the PS3 version, which was already a big boost from PS2

Ew. PS3 version is $14 with Prime lol

Heh, that next gen SE tax strikes again. (I can't help it cause i'm a sucker for FFX-1, amazing game)

Crayten

Banned
Too bad that Steamdb didnt work anymore :(

But i guess with the PS4 version we can assume that there will be a Port for PC too cause its Square.

Squire

Banned
Sounds like the 'Limited Edition' is a preorder/first-print type bonus in which you get the packaging and calendar shown in the OP. Amazon probably just hasnt updated yet.

First release was like that, too. LE is what everyone that pre-ordered/bought a copy of the first print got. The CE is what had a bunch of stuff in it.

Amazon will update it soon.

Top Bottom