• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I wonder if the new assets just didn't make it into the PS3/PSV versions in time.

FFX_PS4-Jecht.gif

Looks like Jecht's been lifting in the PS4 version.

AwShucks

I just bought the PS3 version for like $12. I was hoping it didn't look much different but man it actually looks better.

Not going to buy a system for a remaster, but I'll be god damn sure to pick it up the moment I do buy the system for a set of exclusives.

As did Lightning Returns, and presumably a lot of other titles down the road.

I'm not at liberty to divulge in-depth technical details, but here's a simple example. Tracks where the remaster version are a different loop length from the original. Sounds like it'd be easy for the game to take those into consideration for switching around, but the remaster is what it is*, written a specific way which makes it difficult to correct and/or patch.

*Or at this point, I guess "it was what it was", now there's going to be an even newer version with that capability.

Ahhh, you're some kind of insider guy huh. Well poo.

I'll just wait for the PS5 version where they include the ability to switch back to the original un-fuglied faces.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder if the new assets just didn't make it into the PS3/PSV versions in time.

FFX_PS4-Jecht.gif

Well PSVita's assets were already a big downgrade from PS3 to begin with...some assets of vita were better than PS2, other slightly worse. The PS4 version however makes the PS3 version look like the Vita version to me personally in terms of IQ by comparison

Falk

that puzzling face
Ahhh, you're some kind of insider guy huh. Well poo.

I was involved in recording the ensemble sections for KH2.5 and subsequently engineered 1/3 of the soundtrack. Let's just say I'm pretty... well-versed in technical problems with regards to the process.

I'll just wait for the PS5 version where they include the ability to switch back to the original un-fuglied faces.

Hahahahahah

Jesus, Square-Enix is fucking desperate to milk money any way they can at this point. I for one won't be buying this shit. I'm tired of---
Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.
----awww fuck. Sold.

Shin-Ra

Looks like the screenshots Square-Enix USA sent out to the press were horribly compressed to start with.

I was involved in recording the ensemble sections for KH2.5 and subsequently engineered 1/3 of the soundtrack. Let's just say I'm pretty... well-versed in technical problems with regards to the process.

Ohhh gotcha. I'm actually playing that right this second! I do like the new music in KH2 so...good job!

NolbertoS

For fucks sake SE, you give me this shit and all I ever wanted was DQVII 3DS out West :/
. Will buy anyways :(. I'm a sucker for all things FF X

SystemBug

I was kinda bummed to see it wasn't coming to the Xbox One and then I realized I owned a PS4. Never played a final fantasy game past 9. So looking forward to this

Tom Nook

Thinking. "Why should I buy....

Key Features

Cross-Save Functionality – Players can transfer their save and continue their progress across the PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, and the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. (PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita versions sold separately.)
Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.
Remote play – Supported for the Playstation®Vita handheld entertainment system.

....ok, I'm buying this.

Bladenic

Cross save means I'm in. Did not feel like starting over again.

Another gem for NeoGAFshitposts. Nintendo stans gotta chill.

Pretty sure that account stopped being active a while ago.

And thank goodness for the OST switch. Forever salty at the Enemy Attack ruination.

I can't believe I got the ps3 CE and have yet to play it. And now I'm gonna preorder this ps4 special edition. What is wrong with me

Kemal86

Pretty sure that account stopped being active a while ago.

And thank goodness for the OST switch. Forever salty at the Enemy Attack ruination.

ShitPost died a painful death. Turns out at least some of the people behind it were conservative goobergaters.

On-Topic: Started the Vita version but got busy with crap and never got very far. When they announced the PS4 version I decided not to go back to Vita until Cross-Save was confirmed. Guess I'll pick this up in a couple months and make a little Vita progress between now and then.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I was kinda bummed to see it wasn't coming to the Xbox One and then I realized I owned a PS4. Never played a final fantasy game past 9. So looking forward to this

Enjoy it. FFX is a pretty great game IMO. FFX-2 is.....er...well, its got a super good battle system in any case.

FFX_PS4-Jecht.gif

I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to get this. X is my favorite Final Fantasy but I figured this would be almost the same as the PS3 version

But wow the PS4 version is a pretty major visual upgrade

Vroadstar

Gold Member
Cross save means I'm in. Did not feel like starting over again.

Another gem for NeoGAFshitposts. Nintendo stans gotta chill.

Yes.

The only game that the PS4 has that I find worth playing, is a PC port.

I like the controller based play, and player side stored save data.

It is the only PS4 game that I currently own.

I sold the others back for store credit, because they sucked.

The Wii U, on the other hand, has at least a dozen exclusives that I thoroughly enjoy playing.

I own all of them.

So transparent this guy.

Back on topic, played the PS2 original, owned the vita version, and I know I'll buy this again.

B.K.

I don't have a PS4, but if I ever do, the game will probably be $20 by then. I may pick it up then. I'm not going to go out of my way and get a PS4 for it or buy it at full price.

Dice//

Banned
This would probably be a bit more worth the double-dip if they enhanced the graphics more further (a la Type-0 on PS4). But 'slightly crisper' won't do it for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
X-2 is pretty good if you don't take it too seriously. Fantastic gameplay. It's a lot better balanced than some of the grindy nature of FFX. Last Mission and 100% run excluded of course. For all of Toriyama's bullshit, it's much easier to digest when it's in a more upbeat game.

The Lamp

my collector's edition for PS3 is still shrink-wrapped.

Guess I'll sell it and get this instead (and actually play it this time).

Well, mother****!

And you get the OG soundtrack back? Son of bitch, SE!

Ah, just as well, my copy of the PS3 version is still sealed since my OG 60GB PS3 died last year.

Top Bottom