• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

1. Eternal Calm is a 10-15 cutscene that bridges the gap between X and X-2. Last Mission is extra content to be played after X-2.

2. Not sure

3. Not sure

4. If a party member is put to sleep, a smack will wake them up.
Thanks! Apparently cheer stacks up to 5 and lasts the whole round.

Two more noob questions.

1. How do you know when to use spells like NulShock and NulBlaze? I haven't been able to tell what element monsters attacks with.

2. Esuna? I wish there was debuff list. I see auras over their heads before, is there a legend anywhere?

Thanks! Apparently cheer stacks up to 5 and lasts the whole round.

Two more noob questions.

1. How do you know when to use spells like NulShock and NulBlaze? I haven't been able to tell what element monsters attacks with.

2. Esuna? I wish there was debuff list. I see auras over their heads before, is there a legend anywhere?
You just gotta know the fight. If you're fighting a Bomb you know they only use Fire so you can use NulBlaze to block it, etc

As for debuff list, it shows up when you target Esuna at your party, I think there's probably a simpler way to check but I don't remember. Esuna doesn't work on a handful of debuffs though - mainly Zombie, Curse and Doom.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So is the game 5.1 or 2.0?

Edit: Done some Googling, it's 2.0 like on PS3.
In game is 5.1, CG is 2.0.
But the PS4 will output whatever you choose regardless of source.
Like for me everything is DTS and barely noticeable due to my DTS matrix sound on my receiver.

I've been reading about Fixed RNG, what are the possible pros and cons of it?

I've only played the original FFX and FFX-2 release, I have not played any of the international content and was wondering if the Fixed RNG was detrimental to late game content.

That being said, maybe I should just play the PS3 or Vita version instead if the Fixed RNG heavily influences the drops and battles.

skonvolt

Got it , but i swear this is the last time i buy a game for the second or more time.

If i could get a coin for the times i heard this from me now i was rich.

What's wrong with me ?

Arkeband

Banned
I've been reading about Fixed RNG, what are the possible pros and cons of it?

I've only played the original FFX and FFX-2 release, I have not played any of the international content and was wondering if the Fixed RNG was detrimental to late game content.

That being said, maybe I should just play the PS3 or Vita version instead if the Fixed RNG heavily influences the drops and battles.

Did you read the previous page of the thread? We discussed it and gave examples.

Did you read the previous page of the thread? We discussed it and gave examples.

Yeah I read that, but I want specifics about International Version content and RNG's effect.

If it's really detrimental, I should just play it on PS3 or Vita and just transfer data once I have what I want, drop wise.

Meowster

I like the remaster version as well, but it definitely has a bit of a different tempo and feel. I prefer the original though.
Yuuuuup and that is probably why people have had trouble adjusting to it.
Took me awhile, but I finally got the 0 seconds in the chocobo race. Hopefully I have better luck in the lightning dodging.
Be sure to do this and just put on some music for twenty/twenty-five minutes and you'll get it. It is easier than you might think with this. Just be careful and have thirty minutes on hand.

This is what we've come to? No longer should gamers wait for a next-gen remaster, but they should wait for the next-next-gen remaster of the remaster?
Considering the timing of some of these releases, yeah

I ignored this on PS3 and the KH collection for that precise reason. PS4 was already out and I was ready to jump ship, didn't want to buy PS3 games any longer.

Arkeband

Banned
Yeah I read that, but I want specifics about International Version content and RNG's effect.

If it's really detrimental, I should just play it on PS3 or Vita and just transfer data once I have what I want, drop wise.

We gave specific examples with Dark Aeons (the International Version content), are you looking for the math behind it or an explanation of how RNG is pseudorandom?

The bottom line is most people playing this game won't see a difference. In the rare case where you are even able to farm a boss or reload a save to re-fight a boss, you might have to go fight one random battle beforehand to offset the RNG.

We gave specific examples with Dark Aeons (the International Version content), are you looking for the math behind it or an explanation of how RNG is pseudorandom?

The bottom line is most people playing this game won't see a difference. In the rare case where you are even able to farm a boss or reload a save to re-fight a boss, you might have to go fight one random battle beforehand to offset the RNG.

All I needed to know.

Blitzball sucks. lol At least for the people wanting to one and done it.

Your first match is like 20 minutes after the long ass tutorial. I forgot how to read the stats by the time I played.

Defense is too automated. The computer scored 6 times on me and I couldn't catch up. I scored once and missed a point blank Jecht shot.

I see that recent thread where a surprising number of people like it. I guess it's complicated enough to keep people interested. But it's unforgiving on your first match with everything on the line. Sure I could restart the game, but do I really want to? No.

You just gotta know the fight. If you're fighting a Bomb you know they only use Fire so you can use NulBlaze to block it, etc

As for debuff list, it shows up when you target Esuna at your party, I think there's probably a simpler way to check but I don't remember. Esuna doesn't work on a handful of debuffs though - mainly Zombie, Curse and Doom.
Aight, thanks!

Hugstable

Banned

I've tried fighting random battles, and it doesn't change the RNG for any boss fight farming at all. No matter what I do or how many random fight I do, Lord Ochu will drop nothing but 2x MP sphere and Alert Armguard, he also uses the same moves each snd everytime.

This is fucked the game is now very unplayable to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
rofl that's even more messed up than initial impressions.

It also pretty much invalidates the entire last page of discussion. Sounds like the start of each battle is defaulting or resetting to a specific spot in whatever RNG series/algo the game is using.

edit: Another question is, are the bosses/mobs dropping the same loot for everyone? What are the variables here?

What? RNG is fucked ? Was this fucked in the Vita Version too ?

Considering I platinumed on Vita/PS3 via cross-save (grinding on the go), no, it wasn't like this on those two platforms.

This is what we've come to? No longer should gamers wait for a next-gen remaster, but they should wait for the next-next-gen remaster of the remaster?

I was planning to buy the PS3 version until the PS4 version was announced. And so I decided to wait for this one instead.

Falk

that puzzling face
Who in their right mind would want to redo trophies for Japanese games?

Heck who in their right mind would want to do trophies for Japanese games anyway?

wait

oh

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Who in their right mind would want to redo trophies for Japanese games?

Heck who in their right mind would want to do trophies for Japanese games anyway?

wait

oh
image.php

Anyone else have trouble getting their ps3 cross save to load on the ps4? It shows up, just won't load the game.

It stays on the load screen or I can back out to the main menu. Maybe that part of the game isn't installed yet? I'm at the dashboard and hear the disc spinning. I guess it's loading data still.

Edit: that's what the issue was. Or I was selecting no when it asked if I wanted to load it.

Still can't believe I beat the Luca Goers on the first try. It took so long for either of us to score though. Wakka ended up scoring the only goal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nope.

38.8% displays as 38%
39.0% displays as 39%

If you're following a guide for 100% completion, use the modified one that juggles the order of events around to maximize the number of .0% occurrences so you have more opportunities to check.

Loto

Nope.

38.8% displays as 38%
39.0% displays as 39%

If you're following a guide for 100% completion, use the modified one that juggles the order of events around to maximize the number of .0% occurrences so you have more opportunities to check.

Thank you

SkylineRKR

Blitzball sucks. lol At least for the people wanting to one and done it.

Your first match is like 20 minutes after the long ass tutorial. I forgot how to read the stats by the time I played.

Defense is too automated. The computer scored 6 times on me and I couldn't catch up. I scored once and missed a point blank Jecht shot.

I see that recent thread where a surprising number of people like it. I guess it's complicated enough to keep people interested. But it's unforgiving on your first match with everything on the line. Sure I could restart the game, but do I really want to? No.

BB is decent once I understood it and had capable players. And once I set it to manual as auto is fucking useless. CPU hardly scored against good def stats, as their shots leave insufficient points to beat the GK.

I steamrolled through it and had fun with it at times.. something I can't say about any other minigame in this.

SirNinja

BB is decent once I understood it and had capable players.

Same here. Blitzball tends to leave a terrible first impression because that one mandatory game is so difficult for new players, but once you actually get some good people/techs and learn the ins and outs it's fairly smooth sailing. Once you can recruit Nimrook and make him goalie, it becomes almost impossible to lose.

SkylineRKR

Same here. Blitzball tends to leave a terrible first impression because that one mandatory game is so difficult for new players, but once you actually get some good people/techs and learn the ins and outs it's fairly smooth sailing. Once you can recruit Nimrook and make him goalie, it becomes almost impossible to lose.

Yeah but I never got Nimrook. And it wasn't needed for me either. I wanted to get Wakka's stuff asap so I had to reset. It does make the first game somewhat hard each time, but as long as I avoided the Al bhed in my first game I would always win. I found it ironic that the Goers are so weak, they are the supposed champs but I always steamrolled them.

The good thing is that right after that story game, you can already assemble the team to win everything with (Ropp, Zalitz, Wedge, Jumal and Zev). With the exception of Brother which you can't get before the airship (with him you can pull the whole team, esp. the slower ones, and pass to an open Tidus) but Zev Ronso is a great passer. After airship the reset is even easier.

Arkeband

Banned
I've tried fighting random battles, and it doesn't change the RNG for any boss fight farming at all. No matter what I do or how many random fight I do, Lord Ochu will drop nothing but 2x MP sphere and Alert Armguard, he also uses the same moves each snd everytime.

This is fucked the game is now very unplayable to me.

The boss always using the same moves makes no sense. If you swap out a party member does it do the same move to that position for the same damage? People have proven that you can 'break' the fixed RNG.

Drops also can't be set in stone because people have gotten different drops while testing fixed RNG. It's possible you just got supremely unlucky - and if you were seeing the boss doing the same moves with the same damage each time, you're not doing enough to force different AI.

I agree that this should be patched, don't get me wrong, it's shitty, but it's not gamebreaking. At worst it just requires a lot more effort on the part of the player if the player wants to min/max every step of the way.

Kouriozan

I'm satisfied with this.
I got my original music, the game looks better than ever and didn't play a lot of the PS3 version.
Just saw on Digital Foundry that even has less frame drops.

Kouriozan

I'm running with expert grid I already finished the game like 3/4 times on PS2.
What's funny is that you can abuse it and get really powerful early on if you know what to do.

Kyoufu

The chocobo race with the balloons and the birds... good god. So frustrating >_<

I'll give it another shot tomorrow but whoever designed this mini-game is a jerk.

Top Bottom