• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

Parshias7

Sounds about like what I was expecting after 7 attempts on this, thanks for the advice. Semi-related, is BLU fun? I was thinking about leveling up another job to 99 anyway as I am kind of bored with THF. I am not big on mages but it seems like BLU is pretty versatile.

BLU is really cool. I've had mine at 99 for a couple of weeks, and it can be really strong. It does take a ton of time to farm for your spells, though. I actually need to get back to working on learning spells as I just got a baseline melee spell set. BLU can be played as a straight-up melee class if you want to, its what I've been doing recently. Obviously you ultimately want the ability to use it to either melee or nuke, but it can do a good job at either.

I did that fight on DNC no problem, hit aeolian edge as first WS. Can usually get it off before naja engages, which the hate from that will give u the time to be able to figuire out which she is hitting and switch

ZetaEpyon

Fun with Mumor costume, Charm wands, and job emotes.

mahoushoujo.jpg

You know you love it, Mist.

Fun with Mumor costume, Charm wands, and job emotes.

mahoushoujo.jpg

You know you love it, Mist.
It's like having open heart surgery, but the doctor keeps you awake so he can blast Morning Musume in your ear the whole time.

You should have worn that outfit last night when we were fighting Escha NMs.
Don't encourage him.

Though I do want to say thanks again for helping finish Adoulin, both to you Talym and Shadowlina (does she post here?) for both the end of SoA and helping with Epona's ring. It's been a few weeks but you guys helped me a ton, much appreciated!

Lots of Escha NM fun the past couple days, really nice to group with IHOP for stuff. Next up: leveling (actually looking forward to it), gearing (very much not), and JP grinding (eh...) PALADIN. Wish me luck!

Loona

i just finished the last San d'Oria WOTG mission. Was that the first mention of Ulbuka in the game?

I recall that one of the characters you can recruit for campaign battles is supposed to be from Ulbuka, and IIRC those were implemented before the final WotG missions. I think there's also a gear set that's supposed to be from there that might be about as old.

Mika

i just finished the last San d'Oria WOTG mission. Was that the first mention of Ulbuka in the game?

I don't remember if they specifically mentioned the name Ulbuka, but the first mentions of the western lands came through the Bison Jacket set way back in CoP iirc. Got a few more references in ToAU, like the Totem Pole.

B.K.

September version update announced.

The next version update is schedule to come rarin' into town in mid September.

Explore the conclusion to another Seekers of Adoulin quest line, try your hand in new high-tier mission battlefields, and experience all-new creatures with the unlocking of rank 6 monster rearing.

As if that's not enough, new Geas Fete and Wanted notorious monsters will be added, together with multiple job adjustments, storage for chapters of Rem's tales needed to reforge job-specific equipment, the display of time remaining on status icons, the ability to independently change the size of dual log windows, further quality of life improvements, and a wide variety of other additions and adjustments.

B.K.

I finished Wings of the Goddess last night. I'll probably start Rhapsodies Chapter 2 tonight.

Poor Lilisette. Trapped forever in the darkest timeline. :(

B.K.

Finally caught up on Rhapsodies. I'm looking forward to seeing
Reisenjima
in November.
At least we'll get to see PART of the Far East.

It would be funny if when we finally meet
Altana
, the solution for everything is for the player character to have never existed, so
Altana
erases the character from history and it erases our characters from the game.

i need some help with Aht Urhgan Mission 42 "Path of Darkness".

I tried it 6 times now but only managed to get to the second phase once. The Problem is that i do have an incredible lag and it takes 4-6 seconds for me to disengage and another 4-6 seconds to engage another enemy which i have to otherwise my trusts wont do shit. Naja is always dying in the times between engaging and disengaging even though i give her a curing waltz III before i start disengaging(after killing one).

some healer please come and help me out 5 minutes.

Loona

I'm finally done with the prerequisite Waking the Beast fights, which are quite soloable nowadays - but I wonder if the carbuncle Prime fight can be done solo as well, considering it apparently still accepts a full alliance and there might be about 5 Carbuncle Primes Astral Flowing at the same time.
Can any job solo that, or something I stick with something with decent magic defense abilities like RUN or RDM?

B.K.

How many stacks of cabbage or corn does it take to max fame with Only the Best now? I've heard there were fame changes, but I can't find any information about it.

How many stacks of cabbage or corn does it take to max fame with Only the Best now? I've heard there were fame changes, but I can't find any information about it.

I used Boyahda Moss since it seems to be plentiful thanks to Escha caskets. Took 6 full stacks to go from Rank 2 to Hero on a mule, so I can imagine it's anywhere from 7-8 stacks from Rank 1. If 5 cabbage = 1 moss then the conversion should be fairly straightforward.

Parshias7

i need some help with Aht Urhgan Mission 42 "Path of Darkness".

I tried it 6 times now but only managed to get to the second phase once. The Problem is that i do have an incredible lag and it takes 4-6 seconds for me to disengage and another 4-6 seconds to engage another enemy which i have to otherwise my trusts wont do shit. Naja is always dying in the times between engaging and disengaging even though i give her a curing waltz III before i start disengaging(after killing one).

some healer please come and help me out 5 minutes.

If you still need help on this mission, track me down next time we're both on. I can AoE burn the gears pretty easy on BLU.

Carlisle

Holy crap you guys were right about how soloable this game is now. I've left my account suspended for years cause I just wasn't getting anywhere anymore and couldn't find any groups. I jumped back on for the Return campaign and upped my PLD from 27 to 40 with just a couple days of playing. And to top it off I completely soloed the Rank 4 mission to Delkfutt's Tower at lvl 27!!! This is blowing my mind. You used to need an alliance to clear that dungeon.

Oh man the bug has bitten me. I really want to renew and keep the momentum going but I can't swing the free time right now. Ahhh

ZetaEpyon

Holy crap you guys were right about how soloable this game is now. I've left my account suspended for years cause I just wasn't getting anywhere anymore and couldn't find any groups. I jumped back on for the Return campaign and upped my PLD from 27 to 40 with just a couple days of playing. And to top it off I completely soloed the Rank 4 mission to Delkfutt's Tower at lvl 27!!! This is blowing my mind. You used to need an alliance to clear that dungeon.

Oh man the bug has bitten me. I really want to renew and keep the momentum going but I can't swing the free time right now. Ahhh

Looks like you're on Sylph (unless the player directory is inaccurate), so hit us up for a pearl, especially if you decide to stick around!

rybrad

I am going to start working on unlocking the Chant du Cygne weaponskill soon, is the info on this page still accurate? It seems like a lot of farming so I would like to make sure everything listed is still necessary before I invest the time.

ZetaEpyon

I am going to start working on unlocking the Chant du Cygne weaponskill soon, is the info on this page still accurate? It seems like a lot of farming so I would like to make sure everything listed is still necessary before I invest the time.

Yes, the 30 coins, 100 dice, 100 residue is still accurate.

Keep in mind that those can also be purchased as well, if you find someone selling and have the gil. You can also get the dice and residue from login campaigns as well - 500 points for Frayed Sack (D), and 1000 points for Frayed Sack (L). That's basically where I got most of my own from.

If you're on Sylph and looking to buy them, I have a bunch of dice that I'd sell at a discount.

rybrad

Yes, the 30 coins, 100 dice, 100 residue is still accurate.

Keep in mind that those can also be purchased as well, if you find someone selling and have the gil. You can also get the dice and residue from login campaigns as well - 500 points for Frayed Sack (D), and 1000 points for Frayed Sack (L). That's basically where I got most of my own from.

If you're on Sylph and looking to buy them, I have a bunch of dice that I'd sell at a discount.
Thanks for the confirmation and I am indeed on Sylph. I am heading to PAX tomorrow but I will hit you up when I am back to see if you have dice left.

Watch the daily login campaigns too. They tend to givem away.
Thanks for the tip, just checked it out and it looks like I can get both bags from the campaign now. I only have Star Sybil from the current login trusts though so I would need to decide if I want the other ones or not. I have to at least by Ullegore because he looks sweet and that is what is important right?

B.K.

Thanks for the tip, just checked it out and it looks like I can get both bags from the campaign now. I only have Star Sybil from the current login trusts though so I would need to decide if I want the other ones or not. I have to at least by Ullegore because he looks sweet and that is what is important right?

Yeah. Better get all the Trusts you want from login campaigns now. Who knows if they'll keep doing them after November.

ZetaEpyon

Thanks for the confirmation and I am indeed on Sylph. I am heading to PAX tomorrow but I will hit you up when I am back to see if you have dice left.
Good deal, they shouldn't be going anywhere, lol.

Yeah, I usually use points first on trusts and other unique items, and then on stuff that I can either use or sell.

Trusts first, items second I say.

Unity Concord and Records of Eminence Adjustments
  • New Wanted targets will be added.
[picture of a dragon in what appears to be Aery]
  • New Records of Eminence objectives will be added.
  • Players will now be able to purchase both escha silt and resistance credits with copper A.M.A.N. vouchers

That reminds me I have a fafnir pop...

B.K.

Does the Dealer Moogle ever disappear? I want to buy some I-Seals from the login campaign, but I don't know yet what I'm going to use them on, so I'm going to save them for a while. I don't want to hoard them if the moogle is going to go away and I can't redeem them.

Does the Dealer Moogle ever disappear? I want to buy some I-Seals from the login campaign, but I don't know yet what I'm going to use them on, so I'm going to save them for a while. I don't want to hoard them if the moogle is going to go away and I can't redeem them.

I think the moogle is around as long as the i-seals are a reward. Worst case if you miss it, he'll be back for any campaign that drops kupons.

Wasn't expecting another double exp campaign so soon after the last one ended. It pretty much is perpetual at this point

Note that the double crafting skillup bonus ends sooner than the other campaigns.

The following campaigns will blink into existence on Thursday, September 10 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT)!

Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Wednesday, September 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Double Experience Campaign
Experience earned from vanquishing monsters will be doubled.

Double Capacity Point Campaign
Capacity points earned from vanquishing monsters will be double.

Double Monstrosity Experience Campaign
Experience points earned from vanquishing monsters will be doubled.

Double Simulacra Segment Drop Rate Campaign
The odds that simulacrum segments will drop in colonization and lair reives will be doubled.

Skirmish Treasure Coffer Upgrade Campaign
The odds that personal treasure coffers will rank up in normal and alluvion skirmishes will be greatly increased, yielding an increased likelihood of finding high quality skirmish stones, translurry, and transmelange.

Mog Garden Campaign
Mog Gardens will undergo the following adjustments.

- Double the normal amount of shining stars will be earned.
- Different flotsam will wash up upon the shores.
- Reared creatures will provide items twice daily.
- Moogles in the Mog Gardens will sell the following items.
Golden seed pouch / Chestnut tree sap / Monarch beetle saliva / Bronze Bed /
Mahogany Bed / Noble?s Bed / Goblin Stew 880​

Alter Ego Expo
Alter egos will undergo the following adjustments.

- Maximum HP and MP will be increased by 50%
- Alter egos will gain a high resistance to status ailments.​

Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, September 15 at 9:59 p.m.

Double Synthesis Skill Gain Rate Campaign
Synthesis, synergy, and fishing skill gain rate will be doubled. Be the best crafter you can be!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. (PDT) to Wednesday, September 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Engraving the following items with arcane glyptics will yield better results than before.

Ninza +2 / Leisilonu +2 / Iztaasu +2 / Crobaci +2 / Faizeer +2 / Iclamar +2 / Iizamal +2 / Qatsunoci +2 / Kannakiri+2 / Shichishito +2 / Aedold +2 / Lehbrailg +2 / Uffrat +2 / Bocluamni +2 / Hgafircian +2

Cizin Helm +1 / Cizin Mail +1 / Cizin Mufflers +1 / Cizin Breeches +1 / Cizin Greaves +1 / Otronif Mask +1 / Otronif Harness +1 / Otronif Gloves +1 / Otronif Brais +1 / Otronif Boots +1 / Iuitl Headgear +1 / Iuitl Vest +1 / Iuitl Wristbands +1 / Iuitl Tights +1 / Iuitl Gaiters +1 / Gendewitha Caubeen *1 / Gendewitha Bliaut +1 / Gendewitha Gages +1 / Gendewitha Spats +1 / Gendewitha Galoshes +1 / Hagondes Hat +1 / Hagondes Coat +1 / Hagondes Cuffs +1 / Hagondes Pants +1 / Hagondes Sabot +1 / Beatific Shield +1​

ZetaEpyon

I don't know what they're so afraid of with the crafting campaigns always being much shorter in duration than the others. With that said, I will be taking advantage of this!

I'm going to try to finish up the last 3 Adoulin BCNM fights this weekend so that getting missions done isn't competing with my grind for Maat's Cap.

Help is welcome as always! I just have those last 3 fights and I'm done forever! And I can do Sinister Reign finally (maybe)! :V

B.K.

I don't know what they're so afraid of with the crafting campaigns always being much shorter in duration than the others. With that said, I will be taking advantage of this!

At least it's not only during a few hours of the day, like the first crafting campaign. I should have enough kits that I can get everything to 50 during the event. I wish they would have added crafting kits for 55-70/

Finally got all my level 40 ninjitsu scrolls to drop after several hours of farming. Guess I'll level dancer when the double xp takes affect. Need to get that to 99 to get it over with.

B.K.

Does anyone know any guides to get a Dualshock 4 working with the game? I can get it working once, but when I shut down either the game or DS4Windows, I have to try to setup the whole thing all over again.

Ds4windows was pretty seamless for me. What is you on again? The sysray app needs to be running always. I also disabled the direct input instance of the controller as it was causing conflicts.

Top Bottom