• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Demo on PSN U.S. January 10th & 360 WW/PSN E.U. Jan 11

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Twilight of the Spirits had a demo? I had no idea! :O

Man, I remember when I was really into Arc the Lad (and I still am, even if it's dead), and I was looking forward to End of Darkness which ended up being bad. :/

RPGCrazied

Unless the demo is god awful, I'm getting it. I already have the CE and the CE guide paid off in full.

Oh what I'll do for jRPG's sometimes.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragon Quest VIII demo was great. Same with Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits.

it really was. I never was into the Dragon Quest series so I had no reason to get DQVIII except that it came with a FFXII demo, iirc.

After the DQVIII demo, I actually found out that it would probably be the first DQ game I ever really liked. And boy was it...

...god I wish the Wii Dragon Quest was following in its mold :(

bubnbob

Banned
Probably just the section from vids we've been seeing with the boss fight. No use playing this when I'm buying it a few weeks later anyway.

Makoto

Will download. This will determine whether or not I do in fact purchase it on day-one or if I wait for the Gamestop $9.99 bomba.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently there's a Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo coming.

I'm not sure what the context of the podcast is, but I think it implies it is this week?

I think all of the other demos were previously announced.

Siliconera said:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 And Asura’s Wrath Demos Coming To PSN

By Spencer . January 5, 2012 . 6:02pm

The PlayStation Blogcast mentions a "buffet" of demos are coming to PlayStation Network. PlayStation 3 users will be able to download demos of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Grand Slam Tennis 2, Under Siege, Wanted Corp, and Asura’s Wrath.

Capcom announced the Asura’s Wrath demo in Japan, which includes two stages from the E3 and Tokyo Game Show demos. Details about content in the Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo have not been announced.

A tip of the hat for James for the heads up!
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/05/final-fantasy-xiii-2-and-asuras-wrath-demos-coming-to-psn/

I played the one at PAX. I hope it's better than that one. The one I played had a lot of graphical issues. Things looked really poorly textured, worse than ffXIII. And framerate lagging.

oh no! :( I really hope it's not nearly that laggy though. I can stand a few poor textures, but if the cutscenes have to buffer more than a movie streaming through real media player in 2005, than I don't know how much I can enjoy it.

I remember buying Brave Fencer just for the FFVIII demo.

Totally worth it.

Heh, I don't think I ever managed to finish Brave Fencer. Man I remember being so excited for anything VIII related. I remember I bought Parasite Eve just so I could watch a nice copy of the VIII reveal video (dat music!). I probably played the demo for VIII more than the game that came with it.

Glad they're putting up a demo for 13-2, as I didn't want to deal with the lines at comic-con in order to try it out.

Now if I could just get around to finishing 13.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I miss that stuff. The Squaresoft demo discs for their PS1 era were so well presented.

Jesus Christ what happened :(

PSN happened.

Just 1.5 years ago we had to buy an over-priced Blu-ray of an older movie to get the demo. Was that good? All things considered, a PSN demo download is actually a much better thing for us.....

Aeana

The FF8 demo might have been cool simply because the Dollet section is cool, but as far as being a good demonstration of FF8? Certainly not. So many essential things in the game are not there at all.

Cheska

Going to be one sad cookie if the demo is the exact same thing I played at E3. I hope they give us something colorful so it leaves us with a good impression rather than an area full of bland environments.

EDIT: I hate that you guys just posted that track from FFVIII. Now I'm thinking we should play that for the community playthrough :p

BocoDragon

I love that the FFVIII demo had differences from the final game... even in FMV. Such as the characters wearing their standard outfits rather than their military uniforms, Rinoa being present, and a random SeeD soldier shooting up the robo-crab instead of Quistis. And of course, the lost music track as Dark Schala posted above. Probably taken out because of similarities to Hans Zimmer's theme from The Rock.

Also... the VIII trailer from the Parasite Eve disc has another track that was not in the final game.

Also..... there were two FFVII demos. The one that came with Tobal had Aerith as the third party member... and one that came packaged with 1997-era PS1s had Tifa as the third. I think they also altered the sound effects... I imagine the 2nd demo had the retail music effects.

Wow... Didn't see this one coming, maybe because of the low sales in japan so they are trying to prove that the game is good to the west and help boost the sales up?

Grieves

What are the chances of this demo making it to Europe? I lost my US account and can't be arsed making another one.

Not that it matters...this will be the first FF in a long time that I'm not buying Day One...and unless I ever get round to finishing FFXIII I'll probably not pick up at all.

BocoDragon

What are the chances of this demo making it to Europe? I lost my US account and can't be arsed making another one.

Not that it matters...this will be the first FF in a long time that I'm not buying Day One...and unless I ever get round to finishing FFXIII I'll probably not pick up at all.

I think it would almost certainly come to European PSN. SE Europe has put in far more effort the last few years than SE America has.

But if not... those US PSN accounts are a cinch to make.....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So getting it.

Is the 360 demo coming out too?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Seems to be. Square Enix finally acknowledged it:

Nice. Never knew it had a 360 demo. I didn't see much press/hands-on about the 360 version at E3/TGS reports though.

Top Bottom