• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

LiK

Quick question.

I only have the Big Bridge mission left to do and a few of the townspeople missions.

Can these be done post game or do they have to be done prior to the last mission? The game just told me to finish everything up before I proceed, however......

what's your next destination? i need to know that first.

Cornbread78

You're fine. You can do those post-game.

Read this spoiler after you beat the game:
By post-game I mean you're not done. Now the real game begins to get the true ending.

OK, TY.

I'm going to fire the final level up when I go on break in a bit then.

Do they give you save spots in that level to swap out mirages?

I enjoyed the first 15 hours of this game but it's starting to drag. Wondering how much I have left. Right now I'm
going through a trainyard and looking for the biggest vampire
I think around chapter 17?

I already see lots of postgame cool things to do, but the game itself is becoming boring. I am holding down R1 now through every battle, just doing basic attacks and curing sometimes. I don't have to use any strategy for who's in my stacks or what they're doing. It's just too easy. And the random battles are getting really tired.

The dialog is great and the music is great, though.

LiK

I enjoyed the first 15 hours of this game but it's starting to drag. Wondering how much I have left. Right now I'm
going through a trainyard and looking for the biggest vampire
I think around chapter 17?

I already see lots of postgame cool things to do, but the game itself is becoming boring. I am holding down R1 now through every battle, just doing basic attacks and curing sometimes. I don't have to use any strategy for who's in my stacks or what they're doing. It's just too easy. And the random battles are getting really tired.

The dialog is great and the music is great, though.

When the main story is starting to drag for you, play some of those interventions. You should be unlocking new ones as you progress. They're hilarious.

Cornbread78

You're fine. You can do those post-game.

Read this spoiler after you beat the game:
By post-game I mean you're not done. Now the real game begins to get the true ending.

Oh, anything special that needs to get done? I just beat
Brandelis

What a fucking change in tone, my God...

Obviously, that waa not the true ending.... How do I fix that?

LiK

Oh, anything special that needs to get done? I just beat
Brandelis

watched the credits?
Now continue your game and complete all Interventions. Every single one. Once that's done, you can continue and try to beat the game's story and get the true ending.

Cornbread78

watched the credits?
Now continue your game and complete all Interventions. Every single one. Once that's done, you can continue and try to beat the game and get the true ending.

Ok, got ya. TY. I only have to do the last one.

RDreamer

Well this sucks. My game glitched and I think I'm stuck. I'm on
Big Bridge
and I guess there's supposed to be a scene next to a red square but it just didn't happen. I've tried running around it for like a half hour, leaving and coming back to the area, going back to the base and coming back to the area altogether, tried going to the first part of the area. I tried looking up videos of where it's supposed to trigger. Nothing. Won't trigger. I'm stuck.

LiK

Well this sucks. My game glitched and I think I'm stuck. I'm on
Big Bridge
and I guess there's supposed to be a scene next to a red square but it just didn't happen. I've tried running around it for like a half hour, leaving and coming back to the area, going back to the base and coming back to the area altogether, tried going to the first part of the area. I tried looking up videos of where it's supposed to trigger. Nothing. Won't trigger. I'm stuck.

Not really a glitch, just a poorly placed trigger. I had the same issue. Try running around the whole platform and go back to the red square. It should trigger the scene. I was stuck there for like 10 minutes.

RDreamer

Not really a glitch, just a poorly placed trigger. I had the same issue. Try running around the whole platform and go back to the red square. It should trigger the scene. I was stuck there for like 10 minutes.

Finally got it to trigger. In total I think I ran around that particular small area about 45 minutes to an hour.

LiK

Finally got it to trigger. In total I think I ran around that particular small area about 45 minutes to an hour.

Woot. Not gonna lie but that place is one of the worst dungeons in the game, imo. Literally just running up a straight path. Should've been just a cutscene and done.

joe2187

Banned
Finally beat the game yesterday and overall, this was my favorite JRPG release of 2016, and thats even after playing and platinuming FFXV. (WoFF is the better game)

After being supremely let down by how FFXV fell apart and lacked anything for me to return to, I picked up where I left off in WoFF. What a fantastic game, I've loved every minute of it so far and didnt feel like I wasted my time at all when I finally beat it. On the contrary I want to keep exploring the world of Grymoire, collect more mirages and play more of the fantastic intervention quests.

I wish there was a season pass and DLC plan for this game instead, Im much more invested in seeing more mirages, areas and other FF icons making an appearance.

Here's hoping for WoFF2.

Now to finish the EX dungeons, Minigames, Mirage collecting, Colosseum battles and secret areas.

(BTW I played the vita version)

RDreamer

Big request if there is a WoFF2: The FF cameo characters that follow you for a bit should be a 3rd in your party. Even if they don't stack and just stay chibi that'd be fine. Do it, Square-Enix.

Big request if there is a WoFF2: The FF cameo characters that follow you for a bit should be a 3rd in your party. Even if they don't stack and just stay chibi that'd be fine. Do it, Square-Enix.

I've thought that a few times too actually. You have them with you enough, it would be cool if they appeared as a third party member for these parts. Actually unlocking them as a roster to put in your party in a third spot would be really cool, oppose to the medal system.

After being supremely let down by how FFXV fell apart and lacked anything for me to return to, I picked up where I left off in WoFF. What a fantastic game, I've loved every minute of it so far and didnt feel like I wasted my time at all when I finally beat it. On the contrary I want to keep exploring the world of Grymoire, collect more mirages and play more of the fantastic intervention quests.

I'm really really enjoying it. Just arrived in the
tome town
. As it goes on, I do have a few niggles that I think would stop me putting it quite as high up as you. The story is wonderfully told, fantastic quality in the cutscenes, the voice acting. It's genuinely intriguing. All the fanservice is fantastic. It is a bit of a grind of a game though, and I don't mean just levelling. It is heavily dungeon-y, and just kind of hits you with them over and over. I really appreciate the dungeons that has a *thing* to them to change up the gameplay or method of traversal but some are just very straight forward. Big Bridge is just what haha. I would prefer more downtime and exploration inbetween dungeon areas, which I guess would translate into bigger towns with buildings to enter etc., quests within towns between townspeople and so on. Even if there was more of this at the home hub between dungeons, as it's quite sparse. That said, I think my complaint is probably a result of the entire project's paramters and limitations, and with the resources they've been given, they made some great choices. I can't stress enough how well they've did with the story presentation and visuals. I actually really like FFXV despite it's many flaws, but this game really shows it up in cutscene choreography and voice acting delivery imo. Would love to see a sequel though, expanded and with a few more QOL options.

Cornbread78

I'd be all for this. That and some addition magic points to use in battle. Even with Seraphie periodically giving you an extra point, I shoukd be able to use Flare or Holy more thsn once before needing to use an ether.

Cornbread78

Does anyone know how to get the below mirage:

Tamahime

Story wise, I'm currently at lv 60 and just
finished the first ending and now need to move along to the second "true ending"

I need to capture these guys to finish the last set of village missions for that little punk in Besaid.

Does anyone know how to get the below mirage:

Tamahime

Story wise, I'm currently at lv 60 and just
finished the first ending and now need to move along to the second "true ending"

I need to capture these guys to finish the last set of village missions for that little punk in Besaid.

Mmm, very light spoiler but
if you're eyond the first ending, just keep going in the plot :) and make sure to actually retrieve your awards for doing interventions!

Well, I have finished the game! Took me around 45 hours all in. I really liked this game! Imo the story and characters end up REALLY strong by the time your done and all has been unveiled. The whole visual presentation and aesthetic of the game is really cute too, and I loved some of the character designers, especially the villains. The gameplay does get a little long in the tooth by journey's end due to the nature of it being very dungeon crawly, and those dungeons for the most part being fairly straight forward but I think it's clear they had a budget and made choices within that and in the end, I think it pays off.

Story stuff:
So the whole lore of the game and the nature of the plot is really fun to uncover. Finding out Lann & Reynn's past, meeting Wyn, uncovering the true nature of the federation and Brandalis' generals is super satisfying. While not as ambitious structurally in weaving it in, the whole nature of the repeated journey and the charade, the fake ending etc reminds me of Bravely Default a little, but I really like how in tune with the character development everything that happens is. The themes of the game aren't super complex but they're really nice. Some times we do really shit things we can't take back, but owning that and making good can go a long way. Basic but honest and true, and there are some very heartfelt moments. Also, the nature of Brandalis is very lovecraftian to me haha elder gods from beyond our ken, horrific in nature

Overall, really great. I will definitely pay attention to what the director, scenario writer & team do next. I hope sales were enough for Square to give them a bit more money to go a bit bigger next time in terms of the world and exploration.

Bowl0l

Is it possible to skip the
fake
ending? I finished almost all of the intervention
and I want to see all the endings.

LiK

Is it possible to skip the
fake
ending? I finished almost all of the intervention
and I want to see all the endings.

no, mandatory. also,
the true ending is the only other ending. the fake ending is just part of the story.

Cornbread78

Mmm, very light spoiler but
if you're eyond the first ending, just keep going in the plot :) and make sure to actually retrieve your awards for doing interventions!

Well, I have finished the game! Took me around 45 hours all in. I really liked this game! Imo the story and characters end up REALLY strong by the time your done and all has been unveiled. The whole visual presentation and aesthetic of the game is really cute too, and I loved some of the character designers, especially the villains. The gameplay does get a little long in the tooth by journey's end due to the nature of it being very dungeon crawly, and those dungeons for the most part being fairly straight forward but I think it's clear they had a budget and made choices within that and in the end, I think it pays off.

Story stuff:
So the whole lore of the game and the nature of the plot is really fun to uncover. Finding out Lann & Reynn's past, meeting Wyn, uncovering the true nature of the federation and Brandalis' generals is super satisfying. While not as ambitious structurally in weaving it in, the whole nature of the repeated journey and the charade, the fake ending etc reminds me of Bravely Default a little, but I really like how in tune with the character development everything that happens is. The themes of the game aren't super complex but they're really nice. Some times we do really shit things we can't take back, but owning that and making good can go a long way. Basic but honest and true, and there are some very heartfelt moments. Also, the nature of Brandalis is very lovecraftian to me haha elder gods from beyond our ken, horrific in nature

Overall, really great. I will definitely pay attention to what the director, scenario writer & team do next. I hope sales were enough for Square to give them a bit more money to go a bit bigger next time in terms of the world and exploration.

Hmm, I'll have to figure out where to go at lunch then. I did all the interventions, and the coliseum, but just need that Tamahime to finish the last miniventure....

I'm about 65 hours is as well. I'm not sure how you guys do this $hit so quickly. lol.

Hmm, I'll have to figure out where to go at lunch then. I did all the interventions, and the coliseum, but just need that Tamahime to finish the last miniventure....

I'm about 65 hours is as well. I'm not sure how you guys do this $hit so quickly. lol.

Okay, a little more overt here so don't read if you don't want actual instructions haha but
if you continue to do all the interventions in the postscript, after you have all the pleiad, you can begin a quest by talking to Seraphie to get this. It's a story quest so if you follow along what you should be doing in your adventure log, you will get the memento eventually as a reward for the intervention where you deal with that stuff

If it isn't obvious, that mirage is
Tama
transfigured.

Hope that helps! I will admit though, I'm not quite sure what you mean by needing it to complete a mini adventure, I can't recall coming across anything gated by not having it and I've finished all the interventions. Is this a random person quest?

Cornbread78

Okay, a little more overt here so don't read if you don't want actual instructions haha but
if you continue to do all the interventions in the postscript, after you have all the pleiad, you can begin a quest by talking to Seraphie to get this. It's a story quest so if you follow along what you should be doing in your adventure log, you will get the memento eventually as a reward for the intervention where you deal with that stuff

If it isn't obvious, that mirage is
Tama
transfigured.

Hope that helps! I will admit though, I'm not quite sure what you mean by needing it to complete a mini adventure, I can't recall coming across anything gated by not having it and I've finished all the interventions. Is this a random person quest?

Yeah, the little kid on the long pier in Besaid that keeps making me show off different mirages...

Bishop89

Can someone explain something about the mirage boards / transifguring for me.

So i understand there are 2 types of skills, the 'green' ones which are unique to that mirage and the white ones which are just generic skills.

Do the white ones carry over to a transfigured mirage?

i.e. I unlock skill Agility+ for Zapt. If i transfigure him to Zaphy and I have him included in my combat stack, will Zaphy have that Agility+ skill, or does it only work if I have Zapt?

ethomaz

Banned
Can someone explain something about the mirage boards / transifguring for me.

So i understand there are 2 types of skills, the 'green' ones which are unique to that mirage and the white ones which are just generic skills.

Do the white ones carry over to a transfigured mirage?

i.e. I unlock skill Agility+ for Zapt. If i transfigure him to Zaphy and I have him included in my combat stack, will Zaphy have that Agility+ skill, or does it only work if I have Zapt?
I explained that in another topic... use the Black Nakk and White Nakk example.

In resume Green are unique to that Mirage and White are shared to all Mirages in a family (all mirages shows in a single board)... nothing is shared across different family (boards).

Nakk type of Mirages has two families: Black Nakk and White Nakk.

Black family: Black Nakk and Elefenrir
White family: White Nakk, Fenrir and Cerberus

The members of the same family shares SPs and non-green upgrades (all green upgrades are uniques and specific to that Mirage).

In easy terms if you have 50SP in Black family you will have 50SP in White family... unlocked upgrades in White family won't affect Black family and vice versa.

Each family is composed for one single Mirage Board and in that board it shows all Mirages of this family... in the example the Black board shows 2 Mirages and the White board shows 3 Mirages.

You can transfigura across any Mirage no matter the family... eg. Black Nakk to White Nakk.

Bishop89

I explained that in another topic... use the Black Nakk and White Nakk example.

In resume Green are unique to that Mirage and White are shared to all Mirages in a family (all mirages shows in a single board)... nothing is shared across different family (boards).

bit confused, i'll need to boot up the game tomorrow and reference your post with what I can see xD haha.

ethomaz

Banned
bit confused, i'll need to boot up the game tomorrow and reference your post with what I can see xD haha.
This is a Mirage Board (Chocobo Family). All three Mirages shares the white skills.
WORLD-OF-FINAL-FANTASY_20161024100348.jpg

This Mirage type can transfigure to the Black Chocobo Family that has a new Mirage Board that didn't share skills with the Chocobo Family Mirage Board... it can transfigure into White Chocobo Family (another Mirage Board) that didn't share skills with Chocobo or Black Chocobo.

The patch 1.02 is available to download (at least on EU).

Patches notes

"We've added an oft-requested Theater Mode to the Title Screen and patched in an awesome new DLC Champion: Sora! Also, now you can restore HP/AP at most Gates. (But not the Main Gate or Exit Gates. Sorry!)

We've also crushed some bugs. CRUSH! They're gone! Happy imprisming!"

Cornbread78

I have to read online as to how to progress the story at this point. I've done all the intervention quests and the star keeps telling me to go back there, but nothing happens....

LiK

I have to read online as to how to progress the story at this point. I've done all the intervention quests and the star keeps telling me to go back there, but nothing happens....

try walking around to other areas. i think that's what progresses it, iirc.

Cornbread78

try walking around to other areas. i think that's what progresses it, iirc.

I'll give it a shot. I keep looking for the missing Mirkrift's as well. I've done all of the ones I can find, as well as the ones available using the
airship

I see this is on sale right now for $20 for PS Vita (GameStop, Amazon). I have my Vita "hacked" on Henkaku (did it months ago to play SNES games on it).

Does anyone know if WoFF requires the latest Vita firmware or if there is a workaround to keep the Vita on 3.60 and play the game?

LiK

I'll give it a shot. I keep looking for the missing Mirkrift's as well. I've done all of the ones I can find, as well as the ones available using the
airship

Also check if you received all the rewards from the Intervention quests by checking the log. I'm not sure where you are exactly altho I have an idea.

Cornbread78

I see this is on sale right now for $20 for PS Vita (GameStop, Amazon). I have my Vita "hacked" on Henkaku (did it months ago to play SNES games on it).

Does anyone know if WoFF requires the latest Vita firmware or if there is a workaround to keep the Vita on 3.60 and play the game?

Well, the physical version will have no audio unless you download it from store..

Hah, I did think of the reward thing earlier, I think I did mention that. Did you speak to Seraphie? What was the last thing in your adventure log to do? I literally just did all this the last day or so, so it's all very fresh in my mind.

Cornbread78

Also check if you received all the rewards from the Intervention quests by checking the log. I'm not sure where you are exactly altho I have an idea.

Hah, I did think of the reward thing earlier, I think I did mention that. Did you speak to Seraphie? What was the last thing in your adventure log to do? I literally just did all this the last day or so, so it's all very fresh in my mind.

The Story so FAR:

Postscript: Turn Those Corners Up

Miniventures:
Vestiges of life- Talk to Sherlotta, which only give me the intervene or leave options...
The Young Mirage Hunter - XII <I need Tamahime>

The Story so FAR:

Postscript: Turn Those Corners Up

Miniventures:
Vestiges of life- Talk to Sherlotta, which only give me the intervene or leave options...
The Young Mirage Hunter - XII <I need Tamahime>

Okay,
talking to Sherlotta in the key. Head to the ice region and her cabin, watch the cutscene - if you did already, you have to head to the front of Icicle ridge to meet Refia. That should get you going? After you finish the whole sequence there, make sure to retrieve the reward for finishing the quest, and that will solve your second issue.

Top Bottom