• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

jb1234

Played the first hour. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to take thirty hours with these characters but I really want to go through it for Hamauzu's music.

tariniel

I beat this game last week and got true ending. It was amazing and the ending credits is GOAT. One of my fave RPGs this year. Loved it.

I bought the game this week on the B2G1 free deal but don't plan to start playing it until I beat FFXV - is it possible to screw up a playthrough and not get the true ending in such a way that I'd need to play it more than once? Perhaps there's some spoiler-free checklist I can find if so.

I really liked the demo when I set it to Active and increased the battle speed, so I'm looking forward to playing this one in a month or so. I typically turn on Japanese voices when available but I think I'll try the English ones to see if I like the humor. The demo and some videos I've seen reminded me of Gaki no Tsukai a little bit in the banter.

LiK

I bought the game this week on the B2G1 free deal but don't plan to start playing it until I beat FFXV - is it possible to screw up a playthrough and not get the true ending in such a way that I'd need to play it more than once? Perhaps there's some spoiler-free checklist I can find if so.

I really liked the demo when I set it to Active and increased the battle speed, so I'm looking forward to playing this one in a month or so. I typically turn on Japanese voices when available but I think I'll try the English ones to see if I like the humor. The demo and some videos I've seen reminded me of Gaki no Tsukai a little bit in the banter.

No way to screw it up. Just play it. :)

Brunire

The "bad" ending is just part of the story and leads directly to the actual ending after a little more game play.

Caderfix

I'm playing this game and I'm loving it. Two things:

1 - My Vita copy is from region 3 and it came with launch DLC, since my account is from my home country and not from Asia, I'm not able to claim that.

Does anyone want the code? If so, send me a PM and I'll give it you.

2 - I need stack suggestions for Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh. Currently I'm using Ifrit with a Black Nakk, Shiva with Quachacho and Ramuh with a Zapt.

The Dude

Is it a straight up FF pokémon or are the monster collecting elements a little different here, does this have a classic FF type layout for its story?

LiK

Is it a straight up FF pokémon or are the monster collecting elements a little different here, does this have a classic FF type layout for its story?

As classic as it gets. I felt like a kid playing it. The difference is the humor is very self aware this time. Great characters.

Caderfix

The mechanics are different from Pokemon, there are even special requirements in order to make some mirages capture possible (taking 50% of it's hp with a single move, attacking with an specific element, healing it, etc). The story to me feels more like Kingdom Hearts than Final Fantasy.

Bladenic

I skipped this at release because of time and money, but now I'm ready to hop in after XV so here's hoping a sale will come soon :)

AmanoBuff

Hey, what is everyone doing in this game at the moment?
Grinding like an idiot for the Master Keeper trophy. Do 2 mirages in the same "family" count as 2 separate mirage boards? (For example: Lucky Toad / Wind Toad)

And seriously, the trophies in this game. Mastering 100 mirage boards, opening all chests and locking 5 trophies behind mini-games that require luck more than skill? Who thought this was a good idea?

Other than that I enjoyed my time with the game a lot. One of my fav FF of past years. Hopefully we'll get a sequel.

raven777

Free Sora DLC is coming out on January 12th in Japan.
CzM99lRVEAAWjHG.jpg:large

Since that's the same date as Japanese release date for KH 2.8, maybe for the West it could match western release date of KH 2.8 (Jany 24th)?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've made it to chapter 10 and I have to say the writing in this game is so sharp. Not necessarily the plot, but the character building and the comic timing is so much better than most games that try to be funny. Between this one and the new Paper Mario (which is probably one of the funniest games I've played), it's been a good year for well done humor in games.

The Dude

Ended up buying it and man, it's great. You know what sucks is this style could still be the main line final fantasy occasionally. This feels like final fantasy to me through and through, maybe a little more goofy than I'd like but the overall feel and premise feels great. The music, the graphics, everything about it screams final fantasy and I know what some would say and that's we got this and ffxv so it's best of both worlds and o agree, but I still wish a main line final fantasy would return to this format. There's so much they do with it. Final fantasy for me isn't about real time combat, and never has been. Just wish they'd let that go for the next iteration.

But this game is solid

Amir0x

Banned
Got the true ending last night. Game is a bit too easy, and the story... Groan... But there is something infectious about the game. Fun to see all the references,the ridiculousness of it all and how neat some of the mirages are.

Ramewl is just the funniest with her heaven's wrath animation. Undead Primcess with her teenage valley girl routine. Quacho queen with her manphobia.

For me the appeal was in what i was going to capture next. Oh and the EX Dungeons finally make mirage stack loudout matter to the degree that appeals to me.
Wish we could have swapped out Lann and Reynn for the entire game though.

Sidenote: worst four minigames ever goddamn. They spent like a single weekend developing those, right?

MogCakes

Story feels like a sidequest to a greater narrative. The
Exnine Knights
are all above the level of typical FF villains, even Caius didn't have the kind of rule-bending reality warping powers accessible to the degree seen in this game.
The twins beat the shit out of Brandelis in the final boss fight and it turns out they barely scratched him at all? And apparently the Exnine Knights are actual gods who have devoured men who have devoured Espers.

LiK

Free Sora DLC is coming out on January 12th in Japan.
CzM99lRVEAAWjHG.jpg:large

Since that's the same date as Japanese release date for KH 2.8, maybe for the West it could match western release date of KH 2.8 (Jany 24th)?

FREE? We better get that for free too.

Cornbread78

So, I'm around lvl 35-40 and just got the third
key
, what is the most balanced and powerful stack I can use at this point?

This got a price cut online on one of my local retailers, and somehow they still had some Limited Edition copies in stock so I bought that.

Didn't realise it was one of those ugly Square-Enix paper sleeves with the disk inside the art book. If I'd known I would have got the standard edition and skipped the extra DLC for a uniform shelf lol.

BluWacky

Where should I be grinding to handle the boss at the start of Chapter 20? Should I just be wandering back around the Crystal Tower? I keep switching mirages for dungeons but I guess I should just be sticking to a few for a bit for now...

(this tactic also means I basically have no idea which mirages are any good at anything as I keep trying to use all of them and muddle through dungeons based on resistances and whether they've got a spell of the opposite element to the enemies, regardless of any other considerations)

Vic_Viper

Thinking about picking this game up soon. Is the Sepheroth summon available to buy on PSN if im not able to find a day one edition or limited edition still? Hopefully Amazon still has the limited Edition still in stock when I go to buy it.

Anyone know how long itll be $45?

Apt101

This game is adorable. So nice to see
Castle Cornelia and Princess Sarah
, and to hear the old music again.

I put in the code for my day one DLC. DO I come across it later in the game?

fernoca

This game is adorable. So nice to see
Castle Cornelia and Princess Sarah
, and to hear the old music again.

I put in the code for my day one DLC. DO I come across it later in the game?
-Sephiroth is a medal you choose like all summons.
-Japanese VO is DLC
-The others are fights in the Coliseum.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The interventions are really cool to go through, but I'm pretty disappointed how if you let them pile up while playing the regular game, they end up being zero challenge when you finally get around to them. I wouldn't mind if they scaled them to your level to keep them as a constant challenge.

LiK

The interventions are really cool to go through, but I'm pretty disappointed how if you let them pile up while playing the regular game, they end up being zero challenge when you finally get around to them. I wouldn't mind if they scaled them to your level to keep them as a constant challenge.

some of the ones near the end game were brutal. i thought they were pretty well balanced.

Ricker

Are they even aware that they messed up the previous Pro patch...? not buying it because of backlog and all but I ever will if they dont fix it...I hate bloomy/motion blurry games so this is bad.

Were folks who went vita happy? Probably going to pick this up in the sale (and DQB) but kind of sitting locked over which version to grab. Really wish they'd just do cross buy on this stuff

Cornbread78

Were folks who went vita happy? Probably going to pick this up in the sale (and DQB) but kind of sitting locked over which version to grab. Really wish they'd just do cross buy on this stuff

I've been happy with it so far. The battle loading screens are a little slow, but it's manageable.

mattiewheels

I'm glad there was a Vita demo, because I really wanted a portable version but the framerate and visuals were just slightly rough enough that I stuck with PS4.

Top Bottom