• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Demo on PSN U.S. January 10th & 360 WW/PSN E.U. Jan 11

Pooya

This is probably the same Bresha Ruins AF005 demo they were running everywhere for the past year, one of the more boring, bland looking areas in the game. a pretty bad show for a demo, not a good thing for this game right now imo...

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This is probably the same Bresha Ruins AF005 demo they were running everywhere for the past year, one of the more boring, bland looking areas in the game. a pretty bad show for a demo, not a good thing for this game right now imo...

It's still better than XIII's demo :D

creid

Damn, this means I waited in line for 45 min at NYCC for nothing ;_;

I think a lot of people might be turned off by "kupopopopopopo!!!" (as well they should be.)

Go_Ly_Dow

Bet it will be the Bresha ruins....

Would be a mistake since it looks like one of the most bland/dull locations in the game.

Pooya

a review appears

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...iii-2-review-it-repairs-almost-every-problem/

OXM US 9/10

"FFXIII-2 repairs almost every problem with Final Fantasy XIII, delivering an experience that feels like what that original game should have been," it states.

"If your faith in Final Fantasy has been damaged by past disappointment, playing FFXIII-2 will restore your excitement for the franchise's future."

Framerate issues and the occasional "gimmick sequence" are downer points, says OXM, but overall it's an "amazing" sequel.

ok.

Teknoman

Yeah and? That song is hilariously awful. More games should have fun with thier soundtracks.

Not with the chocobo theme they shouldn't. Kagari already said there is a way to change it, so no problem there.

They should have at least done a Black Mages style remix.

Not with the chocobo theme they shouldn't. Kagari already said there is a way to change it, so no problem there.

They should have at least done a Black Mages style remix.

Why? Chocobos and their music are already by invention silly and stupid. Are we really holding giant chickens who people use as houses as something sacred not worthy of having fun with? Jesus Christ.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Why? Chocobos and their music are already by invention silly and stupid. Are we really holding giant chickens who people use as houses as something sacred not worthy of having fun with? Jesus Christ.

Yeah and Chocobo music has almost always been in a parody style. Techno de Chocobo, Cinco de Chocobo, Ukele de Chocobo.... It's been parody songs for decades now...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Damn Square is really feelin' themselves to release a demo before release!

I heard this game is on par and nothing special

Teknoman

Yeah and Chocobo music has almost always been in a parody style. Techno de Chocobo, Cinco de Chocobo, Ukele de Chocobo.... It's been parody songs for decades now...

Might have been parodies, but they actually sounded good or at least recognizable as the chocobo theme. Even XIV with it's Cowboy style chocobo theme sounds recognizable and is enjoyable to listen to.

Something similar to these would've worked great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koa0Bz7g0s0

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiD34PcnExc&feature=related

If they wanted a rock and or metal version.

EDIT: Either way apparently there are 3-4 different chocobo themes you can set, so it's not that big a deal. Probably going to switch between Rodeo and Groovy, now THOSE are chocobo themes.

On a side note, FFXIV has fun with its soundtrack too, just check out the King Moggle Mog the XII battle theme. Sounds like a combo of Nightmare before Christmas and Disgaea 3's intro. Really silly lyrics but it actually sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QRKQWD0jOc

beat

RPG demos never seem to work.
The Skies of Arcadia demo was awesome. They shortened one of the dungeons and made a one-off overworld that was just the home village and that one dungeon, so you got the flavour of what they were trying to do. It lasted an hour, which is kind of crazy for a demo, I guess, but I still remember the game went from not on my radar to must-buy because of the demo.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Teknoman

The Skies of Arcadia demo was awesome. They shortened one of the dungeons and made a one-off overworld that was just the home village and that one dungeon, so you got the flavour of what they were trying to do. It lasted an hour, which is kind of crazy for a demo, I guess, but I still remember the game went from not on my radar to must-buy because of the demo.

Yup thats pretty much what the best of the RPG demos (or at least the ones that sell people on the game) do. Heres hoping XIII-2 falls into that category.

FFVII demo worked quite well. I remember going crazy showing off the Leviathan summon to everybody, even my parents. Never been so damn excited about a game.

I'm already day 1 on XIII-2, but this is a nice perk.

FreeMufasa

I'll get it for the lulz.

It's going to be weird going from Japanese voices in FFXIII to English for XIII-2. I still remember the former voices quite well.

Luthos

Will try.

While I don't think I'd say XIII is underrated, it is over-criticized, imo. In the lower half of FF's, but I still liked it.

FreeMufasa

Will try.

While I don't think I'd say XIII is underrated, it is over-criticized, imo. In the lower half of FF's, but I still liked it.

Yeah. Expectations were really high but if XIII had been released by another dev, wasn't FF at not too long after being announced, the backlash would have not been nearly as big.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah. Expectations were really high but if XIII had been released by another dev, wasn't FF at not too long after being announced, the backlash would have not been nearly as big.

I agree.

Taken on its own merits, it would have been considered a very interesting game.

It fails to carry the expectations of most FF or jRPG fans, however.

Such bullshit that 360 gets the demo few hours earlier WTF.

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

Top Bottom