• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Uzzy

Absolutely crazy to see so many Final Fantasy games on PC now. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and we'll see more JRPG's on Steam.

The Goddess is coming. Can't wait to play with her for another 70 hours.

koD9Trs.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
Awesome review section
KuGsj.gif

Can't wait for this. I've never played this before, but I expect to enjoy it now that I'm well aware of the game's most "infamous" flaws and I've set my hype levels accordingly.

Raitningz

My two cents: one of the concept art is flipped... why?

That concept art of her sitting down on the couch is missing her necklace and the render used in her character intro is missing her necklace too.

Okay /bitch mode

Yay! Can't wait, 7 more days to go!

I never played it on PS3, may pick it up on sale. I don't really recall it getting rave reviews, I think that is what put me off playing it originally. I enjoyed 7,8,9,X..but the series lost me when I tried to play X2 and I haven't enjoyed one since.

syko de4d

Amazing OT :)

Never played it so no idea what i will get.

XIII-2 and Lightning Returns will both come till spring 2015, or? Alot of Lightning the next months :D

The OT is here \o/

That reminds me that I still haven't bought the game.

Maybe I'll wait for the giveaway haha.

Hopefully there are more people playing the game for the first time along with me =P

Anyway, great OT Yoshi, I'll be studying that when I wait for my game to download.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
OT makes me hyped after so many years T.T

My favorite title of last genaration
My favorite RPG of last generation
My favorite Ps3 game of last generation
On my top 3 best FFs list

I sincerely envy anyone that is approaching this masterpiece for his first time, this title made me fall in love all over again with a series that I almost forgot before that.

Caffeine

Amazing OT :)

Never played it so no idea what i will get.

XIII-2 and Lightning Returns will both come till spring 2015, or? Alot of Lightning the next months :D

i think there streaming service said it had plans for 13-2 in december so we might get it then and then probably feb-march for LR

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My two cents: one of the concept art is flipped... why?

That concept art of her sitting down on the couch is missing her necklace and the render used in her character intro is missing her necklace too.

Okay /bitch mode

Yay! Can't wait, 7 more days to go!
Thank you so much Raitningz! Will fix the issues as soon as I am at the computer :)!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The OT is here o/

That reminds me that I still haven't bought the game.

Maybe I'll wait for the giveaway haha.

Hopefully there are more people playing the game for the first time along with me =P

Anyway, great OT Yoshi, I'll be studying that when I wait for my game to download.
Welcome to your new home! Enjoy your stay and ask as many questions as you can :)! You'll love this game.

Can I take this time to talk about something weird

I liked Vanille
I liked her character design
I liked her voice
I liked her progression

I then went online after completing the game and was floored by the hatred

Either way, I have the PS3 platinum, bought it again because I liked the game and I want to see more PC support. Hopefully I can find the time to play through it again, at the very least I am definitely replaying lightning returns once that hits.

I liked Vanille
I liked her voice
I liked her progression

Either way, I have the PS3 platinum, bought it again because I liked the game and I want to see more PC support. Hopefully I can find the time to play through it again, at the very least I am definitely replaying lightning returns once that hits.

I felt this way about all the characters. Especially Snow and Hope. Though I can see why some people wouldn't like Snow, I thought his character was pretty interesting and goes through some pretty significant character development (like the rest of the cast!)

orochi91

We forget how impressive the reviews were for this game.

I guess reviewers were extremely impressed by the technical aspects of the game.

Yoshichan

syko de4d

i think there streaming service said it had plans for 13-2 in december so we might get it then and then probably feb-march for LR

Nice. I really hope i will like the FFXIII stuff. Would be nice to have 3 fun jrpgs in such a short time with such a good price :)

-MD-

I liked Vanille
I liked her voice
I liked her progression

Lightning was okay but Vanille was the only character I actually liked.

Yoshichan

are those reviews true??
somehow I doubt the least score is 89/100
They're obviously top rated reviews that I chose specifically :p

Nzyme32

Nice OP. Looking forward to trying this as my mostly first experience of FF.

Only downside so far is that I bought a copy since it releases on my birthday, but now realise that by the time it finishes downloading, it will be the day after.

Yoshichan

Griss

FFXIII was just my typical JRPG experience taken to the maximum in every respect.

I loved the music, art and battle system, and these things dragged me through the most cringe-inducingly awful story this side of Other M. I can't say enough about how poorly told this story was, or how appalling the characters were. With the mildest exception for Sazh.

I'd play it again, though.

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like on PC.

MormaPope

Banned
To all newcomers, the game starts to get good around the end of chapter 7, and the combat ramps up by chapter 9. You really do have to play FFXIII for a while until things heat up.

Mesoian

I liked Vanille
I liked her voice
I liked her progression

How exposed to anime are you?

Because if you have a tolerance for it, I can see how the characterization in FF13 could come off as inoffensive.

To people who don't like anime, FF13's characterization is the FUCKING WORST.

To be fair, I don't share the same hatred for Vanielle that everyone else does, I just think they wasted the good surprise in redeeming her at the end. Vanielle was an interesting character when you thought that she might be a villain acting on pure jealousy and insanity. She's far more boring when she gets her heart of gold.

Yoshichan

To all newcomers, the game starts to get good around the end of chapter 7, and the combat ramps up by chapter 9. You really do have to play FFXIII for a while until things heat up.
While what you're saying is true (and you should really take this "tutorial" to practice the depth of the gameplay, I'm 100% sure that plenty of newcomers to the game will die multiple times on the first and second boss! Switching paradigms on the fly is essential and if you're not quick enough, you're done for it.

Top Bottom