• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII SE Xbox 360 Console Bundle

Ponn

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
Nah, people who bought the mw2 bundle only play fps because they are fps gamers and no one buys consoles after the first month, diverse taste and consumer uncertainty doesn't exist in the gaming world.

You're the only one thats repeating that meme.

Let me ask you this then, is this the EXACT bundle you would put out for this particular game?

It's okay to look at something once in awhile and say "hey, that doesn't make alot of sense given the context" You don't have to look very hard with this bundle and you don't always have to be an apoligist for a companies decision and reason yourself into believing what they are doing makes perfect sense.

fernoca said:
It's official, but seems that the picture was just a quick mockup.

The purpose of it, is so that retailers go there, learn about it; the content , it features, start taking preorders while they receive official pictures and stuff for the stores.

Apparently, the leaked faceplate from the Major Nelson video will be in this bundle...though that hasn't been confirmed,an announcement can be expected tomorrow.

The bundle/game will be released in a month, is like they forgot to add that training in the site..till now.

It looks like that may be the case:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Please, enough with the LOL MULTIPLE DISCS shit. It's such a non-issue.

MirageDwarf said:
Why are people dissing 2 controllers? It's not like you can play only FFXIII if you buy this bundle.

Seriously. Complaining about getting 2 controllers in a bundle. It's amazing really.

I wish the console was at least FF13 branded in some way, like the MW2 bundle was. But still not a bad deal. Much like that bundle, you're paying $100 for what would be around $240 worth of extra stuff. (Of course that extra stuff includes a hilariously overpriced hard drive. :lol )

Good deal, not amazing because of how much they charge for fucking hard drives, but good still.

dolemite said:
to be fair, the cable is now missing from every SKU, limited or otherwise.

And every console. It's stupid but what can you do? Most times I sell someone a PS3 or 360 where I work, I mention that they get an HDMI cable. Usually I first ask if they have an HD TV. A surprising amount is "no" and even if they do, they're like "oh, I'll get that some other time."

Should still be packed in though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
The console will have SOME sort of faceplate/decal on it.

Bank on it.

I would hope for more than a faceplate though. I really like the simplicity of the slim PS3. (And I like pink, so sue me.) Something like that would be so cool.

Dabanton

nodish2 said:
So a wireless controller is cheaper to manufacture for MS than an HDMI cable?

I imagine the 'normal' consumer isn't going to care about HDMI cables. If you're in the know you'll get an HDMI cable for cheap if not you were probably never going to need one anyway.

Or get conned by a 'nice' one for £40.00.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
omg rite said:
Please, enough with the LOL MULTIPLE DISCS shit. It's such a non-issue.

It will be an issue if it was implemented like Star Ocean 4's Disc Swapping.

Fortunately, it won't have that so I'd say it's still good.

NolbertoS

Kyoufu said:
You can import the CE from Europe.

FinalFantasyXIIICollector%27sEditionPS3.jpg

Hmm...interesting..I'm a sucker for all Limited Edition games and since Europe is getting it and not here..might import it from the UK than..any Brit sites that ship to North America??

fernoca

Yeah..I sometimes wonder if the people compaining about disc swapping, have played games that recquire it. They complain as if you need to swap discs every 5 minutes or something.

Even on Mass Effect 2, which i loved..and they handled it..in a questionable way.. :p ..it was 2 times..in 27 hours it took me to play the game..not like I needed to swap discs every time I needed to vist a planet. Final Fantasy XIII will be the same amount of swaps, around the same hours..and has 1 more disc.

goldenpp72

ULTROS! said:
It will be an issue if it was implemented like Star Ocean 4's Disc Swapping.

Fortunately, it won't have that so I'd say it's still good.

I'm under the impression ff13 is insanely linear, so I doubt it will be an issue.

DCharlie

Banned
three disks is optimum for this game

1 to bore you to death with and the other two for slashing your wrists with.

Two controllers - 1 to play the game with, 1 to throw at the screen.

(i will be buying English FF13 as well)

They complain as if you need to swap discs every 5 minutes or something.

yes, this is NOT Atari ST single sided drive whilst playing Cinemaware games levels of disk swapping.

fernoca said:
Yeah..I sometimes wonder if the people compaining about disc swapping, have played games that recquire it. They complain as if you need to swap discs every 5 minutes or something
Man, standing up to swap discs (at less than ten seconds each time) twice over the course of a twenty-plus hour game experience is such a chore. Completely ruins the apparently linear experience of FFXIII. Oh well.

Didn't the Commodore use casettes? As in, the tape kind? And you had to rewind them to the beginning in order to use them?

Yeah, 3 modern-day discs ain't like that.

careful

Nice marketing idea by MS. It's another way to raise awareness that FF is on xbox for those that don't already know.

DCharlie said:
yes, this is NOT Atari ST single sided drive whilst playing Cinemaware games levels of disk swapping.
Worst one I can remember is playing a game on the Amiga that went something like this:

*insert disk*

Load up.
Logo.

*prompted for other disk*
*swap*

Loads.
Title screen.
Loads.

*swap*

Loads.
Begins play.
Dies.

*swap*

Loads.

Nothing as bad as older, tape-based play where after waiting for twenty to thirty minutes, it fails to run and you must start the process all over again...before even playing. Progress has been kinder to us than we even realize sometimes.

Dabanton

I love disk swapping it means progression.

especially multiple disks LO was the last game that i had multiple disks for, it was awesome swapping them over as a big event would always precede the changeover.

borsdy

Banned
Zalasta said:
Hehe, the truth hurts doesn't it? There's no way I'd buy FF13 on 360. Both from a technical point of view and as a fan of the series.
I understand some people care about their sound quality but disk swapping is hardly anything to cry about.

In regards to all the comments about the Standard Def cables, Does the PS3 come with HDMI cables now???

I mean, isn't it more vital for the Blu-ray Player to have it?

quickwhips

Seriously someone post Xbox 360 Bundle for FF13 and nothing but PS3 pictures pop up. That isn't a picture of the real bundle. Its a crappy way to show an ad for sure. And it sucks that the xbox doesnt have HD cables anymore. Does PS3 come with HD cables?

bedlamite

4 pages on and we're still going on about the SD cables huh?

If that's an issue for you, you'll already know where to get HDMI cables online for cheap

If it isn't, you're not going to give a shit anyway.

Shadow780

quickwhips said:
Seriously someone post Xbox 360 Bundle for FF13 and nothing but PS3 pictures pop up. That isn't a picture of the real bundle. Its a crappy way to show an ad for sure. And it sucks that the xbox doesnt have HD cables anymore. Does PS3 come with HD cables?

nope.

But it's like $5...really not much of an issue, unless you're stupid enough to buy Monster.

Dabanton

quickwhips said:

No. i got a PS3 Slim in January but was already forewarned of the lack of HDMI cable. I just swap over my 360 one.

Both MS and Sony know that 'most' people won't notice their exclusion.

No, I don't think PS3 has ever officially come with HDMI or even component included, while component (HD capable)/composite (SD) hybrid cables did come included with the X360 Pro SKU and above for the first few years. Since the change, no system comes with HD-capable cables included, so singling out the X360 seems a bit suspect when it was the only one of the three this gen that did at one time.

HDMI and component cables sold separately is a concession to retailers (for accessory sales) and the fact that half or more of the addressable market is still on SD or older, pre-HDMI ED/HD sets.

offshore

borsdy said:
I understand some people care about their sound quality but disk swapping is hardly anything to cry about.

Disc swapping isn't anything to cry about, although disk swapping certain is!

I know, I know

I just want that 250 gig drive.

Also why the hell are people complaining about the controller? Throw the damn controller in the trash then, and you still get a deal because for 100$ more than a regular elite you get more than double the HD space and a 60$ game.

They could of tried I guess but I'm wondering if this is temporary. Also, will they start advertising this bundle on TV? I guess we'll learn soon.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Zalasta said:
Hehe, the truth hurts doesn't it? There's no way I'd buy FF13 on 360. Both from a technical point of view and as a fan of the series.

Do you have any idea how mind-bogglingly asinine that is? I can't even BEGIN to find an inch of logic behind it.

Apath

Disc swapping is a non-issue if you don't have to do it multiple times per disc. What really bothers me is something like MGS4 where I have to install the act every time you start a new one. That and how Microsoft handled Lost Odyssey, coping out of just using a multi-disc case.
omg rite said:
Do you have any idea how mind-bogglingly asinine that is? I can't even BEGIN to find an inch of logic behind it.
The delusional can only see their delusions in retrospect.

Pooya

It worth the price they are asking for, 60$ game, second controller and 250gb HDD for only 100$ more than a regular elite. If it had some logo on it like MW2 bundle, I would buy it.
I hope this helps the sales of ff13 on 360, amazon preorders doesn't look goo at all.

starsky

Baki said:
Not worth it.

This is not how you do bundles. $100 extra = only a $20 discount.

I disagree. If I don't have 360 yet, I would jump on this bundle.

I would like it even more if the bundle is the plain white console. I like FF, but I like other games too. No need for branding.

Baki

fernoca said:
Keep in mind that people that are waiting to buy consoles wait for 2 things:
1. Less price
2. Value for their money

The same reason the many Xbox Holiday Bundles has been a success, people weren't buying an Xbox 360..because "OMG Pure and Lego Batman are in there", people bought it because it was "the system with 2 games for 'free'"..

People are not going to see this as "Eeew..FFXIII sucks, I don't want it..and with 2 controllers..pfft.."..but "Hmm..$400 gets me a 250GB HDD, 2 controllers and a game"...when the $300 version gets you no games, less HDD and one controller less.

On "Microsoft land", an additional controller, 130GB moreextra of HDD and a game is around $210 more, add those $210 to the $300 Elite bundle.

Ehhh...$400 for a FFXIII + Xbox 360 is not a good deal and is not going to entice anyone. Its too much for an Xbox 360.

bakemono said:
I disagree. If I don't have 360 yet, I would jump on this bundle.

I would like it even more if the bundle is the plain white console. I like FF, but I like other games too. No need for branding.

Would you honestly jump on this bundle if Sony had a comparable bundle for the same price? Because right now, it would be very easy for Sony to price match this?

Honestly, I expected a bit more from MS in terms of pricing.

Baki said:
Ehhh...$400 for a FFXIII + Xbox 360 is not a good deal and is not going to entice anyone. Its too much for an Xbox 360.

It's a good deal if you know how to add.

Would you honestly jump on this bundle if Sony had a comparable bundle for the same price? Because right now, it would be very easy for Sony to price match this?

Sure, if I wanted a 360 more than I wanted a PS3.

Baki

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
It's a good deal if you know how to add.

Sure, if I wanted a 360 more than I wanted a PS3.

Hmm...Ok. Well obviously if you are set on a Xbox 360 you would get an Xbox 360.

But my point is, for someone who has no strong preference. The PS3 will offer them one disk, built in Wifi (and free online gaming and blu-ray if they care).

While the Xbox 360 will only offer them an additional joypad for a single player game. What I am saying is, this a poor price point. People buy bundles to save massive amounts of money. They need more value and lowering the price will do this.

PS: 250GB HDD, who gives a s***. Extra controller + game = only $20 savings. Thats a pretty s***y deal especially since MS can easily sell elites for $250.

Top Bottom