• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture time post your character! use /gpose and open the settings with R or * than rotate to 150 take the pic and rotate in windows. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5pjqwa/a_trick_for_better_fullbody_screenshots/
FC changed name to Edgy as a joke so I decided to look the part
semttulok1sun.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I'm queueing for Thornmarch (Hard) right now so I can carry on with the MSQ.

No tanks, no healers, 2 DPS so far. This is going to take forever, isn't it?

Kenai

My hopes for a third job died with the SAM files.

One day I'll get DNC. One day.

You say that but I don't think SE is dumb enough to not release a healer in the same expansion the release a RDM into the DPS Leveling queue.

On the other hand, if they are dumb enough to do it then they never will again because of the afformentioned.

Still betting on the former though.

Next healer will just end up being kinda weak and the unwanted step child before SE goes bonkers with the buffs and now new healer is the hot boy/girl everyone wants to be with.

Presumably balance patches will be more frequent since IIRC they said they are holding off on implementing balance changes now since Stormblood is close. So hopefully any problems with new jobs will be sorted faster.

Kenai

Next healer will just end up being kinda weak and the unwanted step child before SE goes bonkers with the buffs and now new healer is the hot boy/girl everyone wants to be with.

We'll see. it really depends on how much S.E. learned from nerfing AST into the ground before it even launched. It didn't have to be like that, and it certainly doesn't have to be going forward.

But like I said, I'm not worried about it too much. Even if they are silly enough to not release a healer job (they won't if they want to keep the DF Leveling queue time under 1 hr for DPS, which they probably want to do for an expansion launch), I can just level WHM past 32.

Omni

What the shit

Ruby Carbuncle is dying to AoEs on the ground. I swear this didn't happen with Garuda. Kinda frustrating when you're trying to push past soars in Zurvan ex and you're left trying to re-summon when you fall down

I'm not crazy, right? I thought it was just a skin?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What the shit

Ruby Carbuncle is dying to AoEs on the ground. I swear this didn't happen with Garuda. Kinda frustrating when you're trying to push past soars in Zurvan ex and you're left trying to re-summon when you fall down

It's just a skin. Some AOEs hurt pets and some don't, it seems mostly arbitrary.

What the shit

Yep, I've noticed this too. My solution to the problem when I did a random run on SMN one time was to put it right in the back of the arena, in the area where all the non-melee agreed to stack to bait Flare Stars, because I knew it'd be safe from ever getting hit by one there. :V
Don't forget to Heel/Place when you're handling mechanics too, as it can also get cleaved (cloven?) by the boss, though fortunately not necessarily one-shot.

Omni

Since everyone else is pffft.

Yep, I've noticed this too. My solution to the problem when I did a random run on SMN one time was to put it right in the back of the arena, in the area where all the non-melee agreed to stack to bait Flare Stars, because I knew it'd be safe from ever getting hit by one there. :V
Don't forget to Heel/Place when you're handling mechanics too, as it can also get cleaved (cloven?) by the boss, though fortunately not necessarily one-shot.

It's just a skin. Some AOEs hurt pets and some don't, it seems mostly arbitrary.

Hmmm. Guess I just gotta be more mindful then D:

I really hate how they are doing the new hairstyles, btw. I know they want to represent FF Type-0 but it is about time to move on and give us more hairstyles from other FF games. I need more long hairstyles because having two to choose from isn't great and short hair doesn't look good on my Femelf... it just feels so weird.

Also if we're doing pictures here's my character and relic again:

5bDeHm8.jpg

Sweet merciful Twelve. Days of PF drama and people electing to hurl themselves into the fire for reasons that we're all accustomed to now, Zurvan EX cleared. Bird actually did drop to my amazement, and naturally I was out-rolled by literally everyone else in the group. Ah well.

Yeah, I can't be arsed to farm this one at the moment. It's easy, but prevailing attitudes make this more of a pain than it needs to be. I'll just come back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom