• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That's not it unfortunately, it isn't even an email set in for the ID.

I'm almost certain passwords have to contain at least one letter, number, and symbol right?
Pretty sure you can't use an email address as an ID, so there's nothing wrong with just seeing a username in the ID field. It's the password recovery section that requires an email address with the capitalization you used during account creation, otherwise it spits an error that no account exist with that address.

As for the password it should have at least a number and letter. If you've tried 30 times already though you're probably locked out for suspicious activity. Try contacting support and tell them you've forgotten your password and the email address you used to set up the account: https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=496&la=1

Foxxsoxx

Pretty sure you can't use an email address as an ID, so there's nothing wrong with just seeing a username in the ID field. It's the password recovery section that requires an email address with the capitalization you used during account creation, otherwise it spits an error that no account exist with that address.

As for the password it should have at least a number and letter. If you've tried 30 times already though you're probably locked out for suspicious activity. Try contacting support and tell them you've forgotten your password and the email address you used to set up the account: https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=496&la=1

Finally got it to go through, really weird situation where the email address was correct the whole time but changing the password through it never made it go through. After trying enough it to eventually send an email to me, which proved it was linked to the account.

I was thinking the email was different because for some reason it was giving me a different Square Enix ID than the one my PS4 had locked in. Anyway the suspicious e-mail reset got it working again, no idea why the regular password change wouldn't.

duckroll

Square Enix Accounts are really fucked up. In the process of trying to start FFXIV, I managed to completely nuke my JP Square Enix Account from orbit, and blacklisted my primary email from registering forever from the looks of things, and had to use a secondary email to make a new account just so I can properly fill in the info I wanted without something bad happening. Horrifying experience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Archaic is putting it lightly when it comes to the S-E accounts system.

kagamin

Square Enix Accounts are really fucked up. In the process of trying to start FFXIV, I managed to completely nuke my JP Square Enix Account from orbit, and blacklisted my primary email from registering forever from the looks of things, and had to use a secondary email to make a new account just so I can properly fill in the info I wanted without something bad happening. Horrifying experience.

That really sucks, I think I have like 3 SE accounts, one for NA and JP (only used it to play DQX Beta), and one I accidentally created because I forgot I had one for NA when I was buying FF7 from their webstore when it wasn't on Steam (that account is better left forgotten probably).

duckroll

That really sucks, I think I have like 3 SE accounts, one for NA and JP (only used it to play DQX Beta), and one I accidentally created because I forgot I had one for NA when I was buying FF7 from their webstore when it wasn't on Steam (that account is better left forgotten probably).

I was trying to reclaim my main email so I can use it for an account that would accurately reflect my main language and region. So I thought deleting it would free it up. Nope!!! Lols.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah absolutely wasted 2 hours right there and many brain cells were likely lost.

Thinking I'm just going to make a new character, I never got my archer very high and wanted to try a melee class. Any preferences guys?

Haly

Automation killing jerbs:
B5gugak.png

kagamin

Yeah absolutely wasted 2 hours right there and many brain cells were likely lost.

Thinking I'm just going to make a new character, I never got my archer very high and wanted to try a melee class. Any preferences guys?

Pugilist/Monk is rather easy to pick up and satisfying. Marauder/Warrior is awesome and probably my favorite tank to play (been practicing it in POTD and watching my FC mates, HOLMGANG CAN SAVE RUINED RUNS).

Jayhawk

Are those full crafting macros?!

They're pretty basic crafting macros. Proper ones would involve Byregot's, CS2, or the elemental synthesis actions.

You'll be using a lot of crafting macros to produce things in batches until you get to the harder stuff.

Haly

Yeah they're just for leveling CUL atm. Nothing like what real end-game crafters use.

Crafting is actually fun. I thought "well I might as well craft while waiting for queues".

Now I grind crafts without even being in queue.

I'd like to see them expand crafting with the FFXII gambit system so you can set up a little factory. Maybe rope in your retainers to create a catgirl sweatshop production line.

Are the stickers you get from doing WT 100% random, or do specific tasks give out specific stickers?

If not, then what exactly is the purpose of second chance points? Is it just so that you can run Garuda Ex or Odin in under a minute multiple times rather than doing the more lengthy tasks?

Moaradin

Crafting in this game is pretty addicting. FFXIV is pretty much the only MMO where I've actually engaged with it in any way. I wish the endgame had a bit more to it though. Feels like it would require grinding for months and spending lots of money to get to the best recipes. I pretty much get max level and then never get the best gear for it.

Lanrutcon

Yeah they're just for leveling CUL atm. Nothing like what real end-game crafters use.

Crafting is actually fun. I thought "well I might as well craft while waiting for queues".

Now I grind crafts without even being in queue.

I'd like to see them expand crafting with the FFXII gambit system so you can set up a little factory. Maybe rope in your retainers to create a catgirl sweatshop production line.

Sir. Please share your wisdom.

Teach us!

Zomba13

Are the stickers you get from doing WT 100% random, or do specific tasks give out specific stickers?

If not, then what exactly is the purpose of second chance points? Is it just so that you can run Garuda Ex or Odin in under a minute multiple times rather than doing the more lengthy tasks?

The stickers are random and you can also use second chance points to shuffle your stickers on the board when between 5 and 7 stickers to try and increase your chance of multiple lines.

Lanrutcon

Queuing for Deepcroft now. Dying. No tanks. No healers. This is a DPS world. :(

It's that weird gap between expansions. HW is done, and we're close to SB so people are prepping for that and doing the bare minimum otherwise. None of that involves the MSQ.

Bet your ass that your POTD queues will fly tho. Last night Quarrymill was so full on my realm that my fps hit single digits.

It's rough because you're doing an early dungeon which a lot of people won't be specifically queuing for at this point, and you're queuing at a bad time for an NA-based server. Unfortunately I don't have any tanks or healers leveled, or I'd help you out here (when I'm awake).

Stuart444

If your online when I am and need help just send me a /tell - name is Jade Arcana

I can tank and my partner can heal :p so we can run things either unsynced or synced as needed.

Otherwise you came at a good time with cross world party finder. You are likely to find someone willing to help out regardless of the time of day.

Edit:I assume your on ultros

For what it's worth, I don't believe you have to grind for levels until the mid 30's. And then there's a big 3-level break between MSQs from level 46-49 :|

Lanrutcon

Yay, thanks for everything earlier.

The plot's getting pretty interesting now. I'm sure it's going to get suuuuuuper grindy again after a bit though. Haha.

Advice time! Instead of grinding fates or whatnot, do some POTD.

Why? it's progress towards a hyper cool endgame weapon, and some tasty lootage to boot.

duckroll

When I say grindy I generally expect a bunch of boring quests at some point where it just feels like filler. Right now the game is at a really good stretch since the Guardian Tree fight. I dont't expect this consistency to last forever!

It's pretty rad now tho!

Pachimari

I'm at lvl 37 and yeah, it's gonna become a real grind now. I need to grind the potd or duty roulette for every level, and right now I get 4-5 missions for every grind. So far I've only done the potd but I guess it's a good idea to do the duty roulette once a day.

Zomba13

When I say grindy I generally expect a bunch of boring quests at some point where it just feels like filler. Right now the game is at a really good stretch since the Guardian Tree fight. I dont't expect this consistency to last forever!

It's pretty rad now tho!

There will be a point where wine and cheese is involved and it's just the most boring, long, boring and stupid series of filler.

I really hope that at least when Stormblood launches Square rebalances the experience for ARR MSQs so you can get through the whole thing just on experience gained from those quests. That'd be the easiest thing to do to make going through that part of the game smoother for new players

It's pretty rad now tho!

Yeah, there's definitely filler quests later on, especially in the leadup to Titan around level 30+, which is widely agreed to be the worst part of the MSQ. Fortunately Heavensward completely excises that filler from the main story.

There will be a point where wine and cheese is involved and it's just the most boring, long, boring and stupid series of filler.
I hated how even the devs knew this was atrocious when the characters giving the quests were like
we had to test you in our own way to make sure you were ready for Titan.
The absolute thinnest of excuses.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Does the Square Enix Token App for one time password work on iPhone 7+? I know for the iPhone 6S+ it wouldn't let me accept the terms and conditions, so before I download it, I wanted to see if people were having that issue on the iPhone 7+ too?

Jolkien

Does the Square Enix Token App for one time password work on iPhone 7+? I know for the iPhone 6S+ it wouldn't let me accept the terms and conditions, so before I download it, I wanted to see if people were having that issue on the iPhone 7+ too?

Here's the requirement on the app store: Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

So it should work.

Guess Who

Banned

Works on my 6S Plus.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
at some point, I really need to log into SE's site and change my token to a phone system. I can't believe this FFXI era token still has power enough to give me numbers.

I tanked the Aery last night on my Dark Knight and loved the aesthetics. Crumbling pillars, massive scale bosses, decent party mechanics, and not too much trash. I'm impressed with all three light party instances I've experienced so far in Heavensward.

It's pretty rad now tho!

Should we tell him about the Moogles? I finished that up yesterday and wanted to claw my eyes out.

at some point, I really need to log into SE's site and change my token to a phone system. I can't believe this FFXI era token still has power enough to give me numbers.

Whatever you do, keep that emergency recovery password in a safe place. I stopped playing a couple of months after HW released, and upgraded my phone after moving across the country. I lost my recovery password in the process. When I decided to jump back in last week, it was a huge pain in the ass regaining access. The only way to get rid of the token was to call their customer support and wait over an hour on hold. And that only works if you first submit a ticket online and then reference that ticket number.

They don't play music while you wait. The phone line rings every ten seconds and you get an automated message to keep holding, then it rings again. Did I mention it's not even a toll free number (doesn't matter as much in the cellphone age, but so strange for a massive company).

Once you get through they ask you the simplest shit imaginable (DOB, home address, and a security question) then remove the token and send you a password change to your email address. The only real deterrent here seems to be how much patience a person has to wait on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom