• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

You can get both to lv 20ish with minimal effort just by crafting/gathering stuff from your logs and the daily gc turn ins. Switch to leves when the xp needed to lv is too high. When you reach around lv 51 with Bot switch to collectibles to get to 60.

Alrighty thanks! I'll continue to do that then.

Foxxsoxx

So I finally got access back to my account, and oh boy was it the most simple thing that should have never happened....

Turns out even your email address is case sensitive, which causes you to be able to have one email tied to multiple accounts.

So one account has my email with all lowercases, and the other is my email with .Com...

Probably got autocapped when entered on the PS3/PS4... of course this meant that even though it is literally the same email address, without knowing the correct email address there was no way to recover the password...

How does a case sensitive email that brings you to the same email no matter what make any form of sense? Makes it worse because you can't find out your email address linked to the account unless you do live chat.

Anyway never having to deal with that convoluted headache ever again! I can play again so I'm happy.

Squishy3

I guess it will depend on the patience of the players who are helping than because T1 and T2 do have story cutscenes and it would suck for the new players to miss out in them.

Heck I think I will disable the auto cutscene skip for stuff I already seen just so I can rewatch the cutscenes from T1-T5 again to refresh my memory if we do end up doing all if them since it's been over two years since I last watched them.
Most of the first coil stuff is "we have to go deeper" and I don't even think T3 and T4 have any cutscenes beyond the flythroughs. Second coil and third coil have a little more to it, but the big stuff is still in the penultimate turns (T9, T12 and T13)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I finally got access back to my account, and oh boy was it the most simple thing that should have never happened....

Turns out even your email address is case sensitive, which causes you to be able to have one email tied to multiple accounts.

So one account has my email with all lowercases, and the other is my email with .Com...

Probably got autocapped when entered on the PS3/PS4... of course this meant that even though it is literally the same email address, without knowing the correct email address there was no way to recover the password...

How does a case sensitive email that brings you to the same email no matter what make any form of sense? Makes it worse because you can't find out your email address linked to the account unless you do live chat.

Anyway never having to deal with that convoluted headache ever again! I can play again so I'm happy.
So it was what I told you a week ago!

Yeah it's a really dumb system they have in place. Glad you got your account back.

GAF Coil Runs Saturday 4/29 after 9pm est.

if you haven't done coil and want to see the story and fights now is the time. we doing them unsync.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius

if you want to join or help out reply with your ingame name.

275571393637253120.png
Please Look Forward To It
275571418056359946.png
Man, I don't have coil unlocked at all. I kinda want to join but I don't care much to see all the parts of it, just final so I can get the dang PS4 trophy out of the way.

Killthee

Man, I don't have coil unlocked at all. I kinda want to join but I don't care much to see all the parts of it, just final so I can get the dang PS4 trophy out of the way.
You only need the first set of coil for the trophy. Think you might be able to skip 1 - 4 and just jump in and clear turn 5 for it.

Shouldn't take more than a few mins for it and you can dip out afterwards if you don't care for the rest.

Foxxsoxx

So it was what I told you a week ago!

Yeah it's a really dumb system they have in place. Glad you got your account back.

Yeah lol you were right, but I was thinking it had to do with the username and not the email.

I knew for sure the username had a capital and was case sensitive but no idea that the email would be or even could be.

Just figured since my email had no caps that the version of it that I put in shouldn't.

Seems needlessly confusing Square. I know I can't be the only one who has gone through that ordeal.

EDIT: On another note have the devs announced anything more than Stormblood getting a Pro patch? I'm wondering what that entails. I know Boost Mode increases the framerate a good bit but was wondering if they would do a graphical, resolution, or framerate bump when it releases.

Answering my own question looks like they're just doing performance upgrades so framerate. Really wish they would give multiple options there, it is an MMO after all.

Killthee

Yeah lol you were right, but I was thinking it had to do with the username and not the email.

I knew for sure the username had a capital and was case sensitive but no idea that the email would be or even could be.

Just figured since my email had no caps that the version of it that I put in shouldn't.

Seems needlessly confusing Square. I know I can't be the only one who has gone through that ordeal.

EDIT: On another note have the devs announced anything more than Stormblood getting a Pro patch? I'm wondering what that entails. I know Boost Mode increases the framerate a good bit but was wondering if they would do a graphical, resolution, or framerate bump when it releases.
Nope, they realized the fuckup shortly after launch and had to post that notice on the support site cause of support tickets they were receiving lol.

They're focusing on performance over resolution for the pro patch.

Yoshida-san mentioned that rather than using the PS4 Pro’s power to push the game to 4K resolution, the team is aiming to take advantage of the new console’s specs to increase performance. A PS4 Pro patch is already in the works, and Yoshida-san hopes to reveal more info about it soon.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02...ks-director-comments-nintendo-switch-version/

Game already has a few options on the base PS4 that they've slowly added over time so they might do something similar with pro. Something like a performance profile at launch and a mode with more eye candy and lower fps at a later date when they're not worried about launching the game/crunch time.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
They're focusing on performance over resolution for the pro patch.
I just hope they increase the texture quality because some of it looks horrible! For example during the Void Ark Quest line once you enter the Captain's Room and look at the bad gold ornaments and metals textures you almost have to wonder if you're&#8203; playing the game on PS3 instead of a PS4.

dramatis

I just hope they increase the texture quality because some of it looks horrible! For example during the Void Ark Quest line once you enter the Captain's Room and look at the bad gold ornaments and metals textures you almost have to wonder if you're&#8203; playing the game on PS3 instead of a PS4.
Dude, you have no idea

I am happy playing on ps4 with the current textures, let me tell you that

But one of my favorite pastimes is zooming the camera way too close on a texture until all its intricate pixelated glory shines forth. Don't take that away from me!

if you haven't done coil and want to see the story and fights now is the time. we doing them unsync.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius
Takato
Izumi Lifebloom - Ultros WHM
Keira Welch - Lamia

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png
I would totally be down for this, if you guys have room for me. I've only done the first coil so far.

I'm Toadette Trump on the Excalibur server.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius
Takato
Keira Welch - Lamia

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png

I should be able to help:

La Scorpion

Luigi87

Well got Botanist and Weaver up to lv.19 thus far, so progress is being made.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius
Takato
Keira Welch - Lamia

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png
I should add that I (Cheshire Ven) am only capable of SCH at the time being.
I mean I guess I technically have SMN, but I've barely used it, lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Compared to a lot of MMOs the clipping in FFXIV is pretty moderate, and they really like to slap tons of accouterments on armors and such so it's not as bad as it could be.

(Every AST weapon clips the hell out of itself though I mean really.)

B.K.

I ordered a game from Amazon last night and haven't gotten my codes yet. Hopefully I get them tomorrow. I really don't want to deal with customer service.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Total newb here, just started playing this.

One question... is there any way to tone down the auto-center camera? Game plays beautifully but this one aspect annoys me while I'm exploring. It's a very aggressive auto-center, and I find I'm wrestling it quite often.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also... this game is pretty awesome and I haven't even fought anything yet. lol

Killthee

Total newb here, just started playing this.

One question... is there any way to tone down the auto-center camera? Game plays beautifully but this one aspect annoys me while I'm exploring. It's a very aggressive auto-center, and I find I'm wrestling it quite often.
You can turn it off if you're using the "standard type movement" instead of "Legacy". If you're on Legacy I don't think there's any way to shut it off.

Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Standard Type Camera Auto adjustment -> Never.

NeoCross

So I made a huge mistake GAF...I bought FFXIV back in december for PS4 and haven't used it because instead of buying a PS4 I decided to upgrade my PC instead so It's just sitting there on my PSN account unused :( Is there, like, any way to get that license transferred over to PC or do I have to buy the game again?

Squishy3

So I made a huge mistake GAF...I bought FFXIV back in december for PS4 and haven't used it because instead of buying a PS4 I decided to upgrade my PC instead so It's just sitting there on my PSN account unused :( Is there, like, any way to get that license transferred over to PC or do I have to buy the game again?
You will need to buy it again, but if you find ARR on sale for $10 you'll get the 30 days included as it's a different platform.

NeoCross

You will need to buy it again, but if you find ARR on sale for $10 you'll get the 30 days included as it's a different platform.

That's a bummer. I'm really considering just buying the game again even without a sale because I'm almost near the level limit for the trial and I'm just enjoying the game so much after finally getting back to playing an MMO again.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Clipping in FFXIV isn't any better xD
That's the joke
Compared to a lot of MMOs the clipping in FFXIV is pretty moderate, and they really like to slap tons of accouterments on armors and such so it's not as bad as it could be.

(Every AST weapon clips the hell out of itself though I mean really.)
My character can't have long hair and wear a high allagan coat of casting :(

Luigi87

That's a bummer. I'm really considering just buying the game again even without a sale because I'm almost near the level limit for the trial and I'm just enjoying the game so much after finally getting back to playing an MMO again.

If you haven't used the PS4 ver., if buy it again on PC, then use the PS4 ver. key, then you will have 60 days to play before subbing!

... I may not be the best person to take advice from, as I've technically bought FF14 no less than four times over three different accounts...

Luigi87

Pushed Weaver to 20 and Botanist to 23. I feel that's accomplished something today.
... Really should start playing the HW MSQ though, lol

B.K.

I just cleared Dun Scaith for my second time. I died three times. I got knocked off the ship twice on Deathgaze and Scathach hit me with vulnerability down twice and killed me. I couldn't figure out where her wing AoEs were going. I got a Diabolic helmet that I can use, ARC/BRD/MCH legs that will probably sit in my inventory forever, and the weekly Ultima accessory.

As a PLD, what stats should I be boosting with materia? What's important besides Vitality and Skill Speed?

dabig2

I hate the scripture cap. I already hit 900 earlier today. Luckily I was able to just upgrade a body piece for my ninja, with 10 scriptures to spare. Now I just need legs, feet, and 2 accessories to complete the set. Though I think I'll start doing Dun Scaith and hoping for drops instead of grinding scriptures again for 2 weeks. Want to spend some time leveling some of my other classes.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius
Takato
Keira Welch - Lamia

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png

Ooooh nice. I haven't done any Coils yet myself. I can't commit just yet because my schedule might change, but I'm definitely down to completing it with GAF.

Malthus Stormwind <new>

Zomba13

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius
Takato
Keira Welch - Lamia

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png

I'd be up for it. Zomba Thirteen Ultros DRK/SMN. I've only beaten Twintania and done nothing past that. If I'm not online I've probably forgotten so don't bother waiting.

I just cleared Dun Scaith for my second time. I died three times. I got knocked off the ship twice on Deathgaze and Scathach hit me with vulnerability down twice and killed me. I couldn't figure out where her wing AoEs were going. I got a Diabolic helmet that I can use, ARC/BRD/MCH legs that will probably sit in my inventory forever, and the weekly Ultima accessory.

As a PLD, what stats should I be boosting with materia? What's important besides Vitality and Skill Speed?

Don't stack skill speed.

Stack Crit then Determination.

Omni

Why Crit and Determination? Wouldn't Skill Speed be good so I could get the enmity combo off faster and hold hate better?
It takes a lot of skill speed to make a noticeable difference. Just not worth it when the end result is probably just squeezing one extra GCD off in a fight

Crit especially is crazy good right now since it increases the chance of you getting a crit, and the amount it actually crits for. Someone did the math and it's just... better. Det is more of a flat increase I think? But still pretty decent

Why Crit and Determination? Wouldn't Skill Speed be good so I could get the enmity combo off faster and hold hate better?

Who knows. Maybe in SB Skill Speed will reduce TP cost or something.

Some random people did the math and right now Crit is good, followed by Determination then Skill Speed.

Parry is considered a completely useless stat.

You only need enough Accuracy to not miss attack but since you're talking about materia Crit then Determination if you can't put on Crit is the way to go.

ebil

I feel like saying it because people are forgetting the obvious: STR on VIT accessories.

dumbnumb

Neo Member
Got all my crafting classes to 50, but man the difficulty spike from 51+ is brutal. I'm struggling HQ-ing the high level items.

Allard

What sounds like the full stormblood theme (like the Heavensward theme) sounds pretty hype, sounds like a boss battle version likely used for final dungeon fights.

ebil

What sounds like the full stormblood theme (like the Heavensward theme) sounds pretty hype, sounds like a boss battle version likely used for final dungeon fights.
Couldn't see the test stream but I'm pretty hyped about hearing this. The motif we got in the opening was very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom