• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

tod5ZZC.jpg

BadRNG

thinking it might be a little of all of this. im rereading it now and its making more sense. still trying to come up with a rotation

HT(internal release)>Impulse Drive(B4B)>Disembowel(BOTD) >CT(PS) > Fang and Claw (Jump)

Phelb >TT>VT> (Life surge)FT > Wheeling Thrust(Geirskogul-is this OGCD or GCD?)
HT and Pheb getting duration increase btw, to 24s I think.

Geirskogul is oGCD with 10s CD, that's part of why it's so good.

Pro DRG here folks. Can't even count to four.
Leave him alone.

He's usually dead before he gets that high.

Valor

thinking it might be a little of all of this. im rereading it now and its making more sense. still trying to come up with a rotation

HT(internal release)>Impulse Drive(B4B)>Disembowel(BOTD) >CT(PS) > Fang and Claw (Jump)

(Geirskogul-is this OGCD or GCD?)Phelb >TT>VT> (Life surge)FT > Wheeling Thrust

No.

You'll want to pop Battle Litany as well early on in your combo. Skogul is oGCD.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So I just need to unequip before using Fantasia, right? I can just have it in my inventory and it won't get erased?

BadRNG

nevermind
That edit. You made me go look up the JPN notes to see if I missed something.

Under payment options all I see is:
Square Enix Crysta
ClickandBuy Account
UltimatePay (Crysta Purchase Only)
Sounds like you got non-steam version.

So I just need to unequip before using Fantasia, right? I can just have it in my inventory and it won't get erased?
What will get erased, your gear?

Semper88

I'm really curious about the new tank set-up.

Will DRK/PLD work or will WAR finally be shining in dps compared to the other tank classes.

All that DRG stuff sounds really cool, but so many buttons for a PS4 player.. o_O

Machinist LB 3

Unequip everything except your main weapon (can't unequip that anyway). Don't know if that means Job Crystal as well but I unequip that just in case.

Nice trick before doing this is to create your new appearance as a new character, save the appearance data then cancel character creation. Then when you go to fantasia, you can just load up your new appearance (unless you are on console).

I have my Au Ra created already in the benchmark so I'll just have both that and the PS4 game open so I can copy over all the details.

I'm really curious about the new tank set-up.

Will DRK/PLD work or will WAR finally be shining in dps compared to the other tank classes.

All that DRG stuff sounds really cool, but so many buttons for a PS4 player.. o_O

its really not as much as you think honestly especially with extended cross hot bar. i think most melee classes are easier with a controller in my opinion.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
its really not as much as you think honestly especially with extended cross hot bar. i think most melee classes are easier with a controller in my opinion.

Full DRG opener (16 actions) involves pressing an OGCD pretty much between every attack for 8 GCDs. My fingers don't agree with me when I try to do that on a controller.
MNK has less commands though, sure.

Jayhawk

Pff, bards.
It's still 16 different abilities as opposed to spamming Bloodletter.

Or as Galen said, improve your button layout...

You're not going to be hitting Heavy Thrust or Phlebotomize when you're mid-combo. Power Surge and Life Surge only get used in very specific sequences. You're not going to be Life Surging a Disembowel, for example. Work on improving your button arrangement... which is an activity for any serious MMO player or just continue to complain.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Or as Galen said, improve your button layout...

You're not going to be hitting Heavy Thrust or Phlebotomize when you're mid-combo. Power Surge and Life Surge only get used in very specific sequences. You're not going to be Life Surging a Disembowel, for example. Work on improving your button arrangement... which is an activity for any serious MMO player or just continue to complain.

Or I could just play on a keyboard like I do now and not deal with an awkward control scheme that requires a degree to set up. If I need to make up specific unintuitive layouts just to overcome the awkwardness of the control scheme, well it's not really easier for the sake of the argument is it? I mean, I actively tried to figure out a gamepad setup for DRG and I even attempted to use some suggested for me. It doesn't work for me, that's all. Requires a lot of practice to adapt to the specific layout of the keystrokes when I could just be playing on a keyboard.

In other news, they changed the logo in the launcher!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Playing on a keyboard doesn't require a lot of practice to adapt to the specific layout of the keystrokes? Makes sense.

It requires less. Most buttons are easier to reach. I don't understand how hold+press is in any way easier than just pressing one button. 1234 is a line, which is easier than pressing around the pad face buttons. Moving while attempting to press anything on d-pad is also pretty awkward. Then you get into "Extended hotbar makes everything so easy guys!" territory. Extended hotbar is two holds in a specific order then a press. That's a lot of muscle memory for something that I could just assign to ` or side buttons on my mouse and reach without any thinking involved.

Jayhawk

It requires less. Most buttons are easier to reach. I don't understand how hold+press is in any way easier than just pressing one button. 1234 is a line, which is easier than pressing around the pad face buttons. Moving while attempting to press anything on d-pad is also pretty awkward. Then you get into "Extended hotbar makes everything so easy guys!" territory. Extended hotbar is two holds in a specific order then a press. That's a lot of muscle memory for something that I could just assign to ` or side buttons on my mouse and reach without any thinking involved.

Play on whatever makes you perform better. Having gone to fighting game tournaments, including a couple of EVOs, people can be good at games when using arcade sticks of different sizes, gamepads of various consoles, keyboards, or hitboxes. Whatever. Just get good. It's okay if others are good too with other setups. Maybe there is somebody out there who finds this game easier with Wii Remote and Nunchuk setup.

How is the server pop on ultros? I'm in mateus and it feels pretty dead

Im on Mateus too, waiting to see if Ultros opens up or if ill have to transfer.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

looking at the link above at 11pm they show that you can create on Ultros but when I tried to create and choose a world it was not listed so maybe it takes a bit to change over after 11pm? Someone earlier mentioned 11:30pm.

squadr0n

Im on Mateus too, waiting to see if Ultros opens up or if ill have to transfer.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

looking at the link above at 11pm they show that you can create on Ultros but when I tried to create and choose a world it was not listed so maybe it takes a bit to change over after 11pm? Someone earlier mentioned 11:30pm.

The key to getting in the server is by trying at super odd hours. Like super early or mid day on a week day, or even really late sometimes. Peek hours is a no go.

On a side note:
So I couldn't really tell by the patch notes but are they increasing the amount of xp you get from the story quests this go around? They talked briefly about upping the amount of XP too boost players along to the new content faster. The director was quoted comparing the adjustment too binge watching a tv series.

BadRNG

So I couldn't really tell by the patch notes but are they increasing the amount of xp you get from the story quests this go around? They talked briefly about upping the amount of XP too boost players along to the new content faster. The director was quoted comparing the adjustment too binge watching a tv series.
2.0 story quests give double EXP, the armory bonus from having a class higher level than the one you are leveling is increased from 50% bonus to 100%.

Ken

They're speeding up the leveling to 50 (experience points added to level 50 MSQ, armoury bonus doubled until level 50) but 50 to 60 will be normal curve, I believe.

The only content that seems to have gotten increased XP is the new large-scale leves.

2.0 story quests give double EXP, the armory bonus from having a class higher level than the one you are leveling is increased from 50% bonus to 100%.

The armoury bonus is only 100% until 50 where it goes back to the regular 50%.

At a sort of crossroad right now, so i'd like to come over to Ultros server, and I can make a new character or transfer over my 50 monk/ 50 paladin but I don't remember the story at all so I feel like a new character would be better but then there's the 50% exp boost from my other character to begin leveling the other classes.

Any advice would be awesome I am like stuck right in the middle of the decision, but I have been out of the game since like september and have done pretty much no end game after 50, i just starting working on Paladin from Monk.

Ken

At a sort of crossroad right now, so i'd like to come over to Ultros server, and I can make a new character or transfer over my 50 monk/ 50 paladin but I don't remember the story at all so I feel like a new character would be better but then there's the 50% exp boost from my other character to begin leveling the other classes.

Any advice would be awesome I am like stuck right in the middle of the decision, but I have been out of the game since like september and have done pretty much no end game after 50, i just starting working on Paladin from Monk.

Just transfer over. You can catch up on the story through other sources.

I didn't get a chance to run the benchmark until now.

bKixFVh.png

Video was super smooth.

Wonder why the GTX 980 TI is only reporting 3GB of VRAM though? The game 32-bit only or something?

It always reports 3072 MB of VRAM. Maybe that's all it can detect. It's highly irrelevant, at 4K resolution the Heavensward benchmark was using like 800 MB of VRAM. This game is limited to PS3-quality textures after all.

Where's your 4K Master Race benchmark run?

Orcastar

Play on whatever makes you perform better. Having gone to fighting game tournaments, including a couple of EVOs, people can be good at games when using arcade sticks of different sizes, gamepads of various consoles, keyboards, or hitboxes. Whatever. Just get good. It's okay if others are good too with other setups. Maybe there is somebody out there who finds this game easier with Wii Remote and Nunchuk setup.

Well the PS4 version is fully compatible with Playstation Move, so...

So can Blood of the Dragon be extended infinitely with a maximum of 30 seconds' duration at any one moment? Or is it gonna drop off you think?

I just need this shit in my hands now. I can't make a definitive rotation like this lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So can Blood of the Dragon be extended infinitely with a maximum of 30 seconds' duration at any one moment? Or is it gonna drop off you think?

I just need this shit in my hands now. I can't make a definitive rotation like this lol

It sounds like you should be able to maintain it indefinitely as long as there's a target to maintain the rotation on, but you probably want to pop Geir when the Blood comes off cooldown or before the boss becomes untargetable for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom