• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 50 min video

I'm still hoping they release a Latin American Spanish dub at some time. Otherwise, I'm playing the game in JP. As I always play every JRPG on JP.

Also, I love the fact you have to search for tombs to build your arsenal.

I'm loving this game so far.
How much longer until November?

Ishida

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;213830466 said:
i don't think XV looks awful but lets not say silly things

Nothing silly about it. The Witcher 3 looks good, but it doesn't get close to this. Character models and lighting alone puts it above TW3.

It looks better than The Witcher 3. So you are wrong.

Some people need to get their eyes checked.

The lighting is far better in this one though, and so is the animation.

Aside from that, it is too early to say such comments considering FFXV is still in development.

The lighting? You mean this lighting?

MXHtUpZg.png

VJhBMQA.png

JSevere

Game looks fine to me. I'd have no problem playing it as is, so it's nice that they're optimizing it even further with the delay. The opening bit is pretty weird though, feels like they're trying to produce a forced sense of impending danger instead of letting it build organically throughout.

White shirt & cap Noctis is the best. Can't wait to go through the most serious/dramatic scenes with those casual clothes on.

Yup, Even her outfit is doing it for met. hope somebody mods it for Skyrim so I can use it there. Yeah, I am definitely not capable of being unbiased in my judgement of Iris.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Honestly that 50 minutes of FFXV doesn't look bad at all. Some IQ problems but aside from that the game looks good.

Though I would be a terrible judge. It's very hard to make me hate a game or say it's bad.

Samimista

Everyone making fun of that girl... You know, I am gonna admit.
That's the character archetype made to appeal to the likes of me. As long as it's not pushed to extremes, I melt for cutesy girls like this .

It's funny because I don't like Yuffie or Selphie yet I like Iris from what we've seen. I actually laughed at the pretend date scene with Noctis. xD

Keihart

Looks fun and interesting.
I can't understand the "horrible" IQ and those years of polish coments.
Making camps and eating/cooking looks funs, i love mundane tasks in my RPGs.

mrmickfran

I think the game looks good so far.

The hunts give me an Xenoblade vibe.
The world looks fun to explore.
Music sounds amazing of course.
Battle system looks interesting.

I'm looking forward to it.

It's everything really, can you imagine walking down the street and seeing this from across the street?
jfUDAhj.gif

What conceivable acting direction was the mocap actress given?

"Act like an anime character because this is an anime-ass game"

You can like it or dislike it but that's just what it is. It's not supposed to look like a character you meet on the street. The goal isn't to be realistic, especially for western standards. Thankfully there are plenty games for you that are not inspired by anime.

Gbraga

This looks amazing, really excited about all of the different costumes, and I love that the combat doesn't hold you back with bullshit, you have pretty much everything from the very first encounter.

I understand why people are disappointed at the possibility of a barre world, but even that I'm very much into.

The leaks weren't very exciting story-wise, and they made me worry about the state of the game, but this demo got me hyped again. Can't wait to have fun with these hunts.

Is Hard mode something for a second playthrough only?

Finished watching the full 52 minutes, looks great though I can't deny that delaying the game was for the better.

The game does need some polish especially with the textures

wmlk

33LInGx.gif

This part was great, so I stopped and made a gif. The nighttime continues to look perfect in this game and I love the serrated scenery in the distance.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gaf of yesteryear: "If you look past the atrocious IQ and performance, Dragon's Dogma is a brilliant game."

Gaf of 2016: "IQ and performance issues condemn FFXV to be a trash game for stupid people."

Ignoring that reception in this thread is pretty split down the middle, and ignoring that yesteryear isn't now so it's OK for people's standards to change, and ignoring that it's not the same people, and ignoring that the people you're talking about had played Dragon's Dogma while FFXV is not yet released (but people did play the demos and they had fairly mixed to poor reception)--so yes you would assume that for a game that looks bad but plays well that the reception is better among players than lookers--you still haven't caught anyone as hypocrites, because just because one game looked bad and played well doesn't mean that every game that looks bad plays well. Sick burn though.

jett

D-Member
Noctis got a beard.
Gladio got a stache.
Prompto got a goatee.

Quick way to make your porcelain character models look older I guess.

And is Ignis blind? He has some scars on his face and is doing the whole Geordi LaForge thing.

Dark_castle

They never brought it up, but it seems like the weapon abilities have indeed been changed in terms of execution. In Episode Duscae, they were activated using Triangle button, now it's likely the same as it was in Platinum demo, press down+attack.

Bluenoser

Honestly that 50 minutes of FFXV doesn't look bad at all. Some IQ problems but aside from that the game looks good.

Though I would be a terrible judge. It's very hard to make me hate a game or say it's bad.

Not a live demo though- cherry picked scenes?

Something very funny about a group of Japanese teenagers in a rural America setting though. To say they seem out of place is an understatement.

I tried watching bits of it and my impressions are

- understandable with the delay after seeing the video, they really need to polish it so hopefully those 2 months will give them time
- I love the scale, it looks like they're going to deliver on this front as long as there's enough variety
- those dungeon areas we saw (caves, undergrounds) are giving me old school FF throwbacks which I love
- between fishing, CHOCOBO RACING, exploring, hunts, main story, I see why they called this a "story driven open world", it makes sense and it's the only way Final Fantasy can adapt it's old open world maps (FF9 and below) to current technology and make it relevant and up to date with what's going on with other video games.
- I'm not too worried about the story actually, people keep on bitching about how simple or basic it is but you're reading a synopsis. I can say tell you the story of Titanic where "a boy and a girl of difference social classes fall in love over a ship that sunk and one of them survives to tell the tale." So you can't base it off those leaks.
- Regardless of how much crap this game is receiving from everyone (whats up NeoGaf) it will do well, it will break records, people will love it and everyone will move on to FFXVI.

XO

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Finished watching the full 52 minutes, looks great though I can't deny that delaying the game was for the better.

The game does need some polish especially with the textures
From what I can tell, textures are actually pretty good but the filtering is dreadful.

It's been confirmed to have dual audio
Whaaaaaaaa...

Thats amazing tks man. Day one for me. Hope it takes the crown for my favorite FF, needs a memorable villain. And Novemeber release gives me a chance to finish some JRPG I wanted to replay before this, namely FF7, FFX, and Valkyria Chronicles.

jett

D-Member
- Regardless of how much crap this game is receiving from everyone (whats up NeoGaf) it will do well, it will break records, people will love it and everyone will move to FFXVI.

XO

You know what, for the next game I wish they abandon the idea of a western open world and go back to the classic world maps.

wmlk

Not a live demo though- cherry picked scenes?

Something very funny about a group of Japanese teenagers in a rural America setting though. To say they seem out of place is an understatement.

They're rich, pampered pretty boys from the most expensive part of the world. I'd expect them to look out of place literally everywhere else and I think it works great. People seem to think it's unintentional, though.

Top Bottom