• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire announced (Square Enix x MachineZone, mobile)

luminous

This looks like one of those knockoff games that """borrow""" characters from random popular stuff except this is actually official... some random ass type of mobile game they went with this

The woes is selective reading....

Got instance-hyped when I saw Final Fantasy XV: New Empire

Then it all came crashing down from there....

Ydelnae

XhZ3KGg.jpg

I do not fear death.

Kouriozan

Nice April Fools, they even got the Evony girl!

Wait...

I'll be honest, I played tons of games like that, they are all very bad, I guess SE looked at Western mobile charts (Game of War : Fire Age) and had an amazing idea!

MattAces

Just downloaded and playing it right now, oh god it is literally a reskin.
Noctis is the game instructor and everything just feels very out of place.

Arkeband

Banned
It's pretty funny that literally none of the building assets or backgrounds are from FFXV. I guess you can't world build when there's nothing to world build with.

FFXV is truly one of the most soulless entries in the entire series. MT, indeed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nice April Fools, they even got the Evony girl!

Wait...

I'll be honest, I played tons of games like that, they are all very bad, I guess SE looked at Western mobile charts (Game of War : Fire Age) and had an amazing idea!
The people who make Game of War: Fire Age are making this actually.

Toth

Another field day for those who dislike the game, I see :(

In all honesty, this is going to make SE a ton of money. Who would have thought that the mess that was FFXIII Versus would solidified to sell over 6 million and have huge revenue streams from such things as mobile games (potentially)?

MattAces

Will there actually be anything Final Fantasy besides skins and names?

Nothing so far, I've completed the tutorial, apart from the character skin and a few artwork being replaced in the menu screen, most of the game asset seems to be unrelated.
I haven't stumble across anything in the game that resemblance FFXV. The icon, asset, buildings and sound effects are all generic stuff, only the BGM is FF.

Hats off to the devs. Low effort reskin that doesn't even look like it has anything to do with FFXV besides these character models that look like the sculptor of the Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira statue bust could have made. Shitload of more money about to be made. Genius.

It's kind of hard to think about enjoying anything FF15, after beating the game. I don't mean that as a negative. I loved the game, but it's narrative doesn't leave me wanting more.

kennyamr

Sigh, I know it's a good business decision but...

I mean, I wouldn't mind it if S-E was releasing good FF games besides this... other stuff.

But after playing a game like FFXV... Let's say it doesn't make me happy to see this other stuff trying to milk a poor, sad, and confused cow that doesn't even know what type of cow it is.

It just makes me sad for the franchise.

This is just my own personal opinion on the matter.

Luminaire

Sigh, I know it's a good business decision but...

I mean, I wouldn't mind it if S-E was releasing good FF games besides this... other stuff.

But after playing a game like FFXV... Let's say it doesn't make me happy to see this other stuff trying to milk a poor, sad, and confused cow that doesn't even know what type of cow it is.

It just makes me sad for the franchise.

This is just my own personal opinion on the matter.

Maybe they'll use the money to make FFXVI really good...

Maybe.

I understand these games dosn't need high production values, but those are some awful models for a company that makes a fuckton of money each year.

Top Bottom